Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:20:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit how can this thing be workable long term?  (Read 32319 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 01:35:58 AM

Steemit is not intended to be a charity. Create valuable content that people will want to up vote. Don't be a beggar.
magicalacademy

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:03:20 AM

Steemit is not intended to be a charity. Create valuable content that people will want to up vote. Don't be a beggar.

Yeah right, pretty much everyone is a beggar on there since everyone expect some money and wouldn't post otherwise. The indian guy did a formal intro like everyone else a week ago but didn't get a penny so he tried harder. I should also remind you that many people don't speak good english.

Only boobs and steem praise gets upvoted there. If the community can't even give these kind of person a few dollars its reputation will go downhill.

If you don't think that's unfair you are a soulless scumbag

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 02:13:20 AM

I don't know whether steem will work (nor will I take the time to research it beyond its grab bag opening), but this on the front page of MSN money woke me up on how quickly a coin can go from unknown to news. Nice to see the media is still paying attention to our little nerdopia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/new-digital-currency-sees-2000percent-price-rise-in-a-week/ar-BBunPCQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:11:52 AM

Some people boasted about 10,000 people using Steemit but, judging by the pending payouts, almost all the activity is $0 / "freemium users".  Getting a force of 10,000 out is sizeable in the crypto but it makes it nowhere as popular as Bitcointalk dotorg and isn't indicative of viral adoption.  

As I've said before - Reddit clones have been tried a dozen times before and none end up viral.

You must be high or retarded if you think the hard data recorded on an immutable block chain is not indicative of viral growth: https://steemle.com/charts.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

This guys resorts to logical fallacies when he gets owned.  Cheesy

Steemit is 10,000.  Even that GetGems stuff, which was a clone of Telegram, had over 300,000+.

I've been looking at Alexa Rank and Google Trends, Steemit is nowhere as popular as other Reddit clones like Voat.  People will realize shortly there's no people coming onto Steemit (other than crypto regulars and a few friends) and that's when the capitalization will tank.  Smiley

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:16:25 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2016, 04:10:51 AM by iamnotback

Some people boasted about 10,000 people using Steemit but, judging by the pending payouts, almost all the activity is $0 / "freemium users".  Getting a force of 10,000 out is sizeable in the crypto but it makes it nowhere as popular as Bitcointalk dotorg and isn't indicative of viral adoption.  

As I've said before - Reddit clones have been tried a dozen times before and none end up viral.

You must be high or retarded if you think the hard data recorded on an immutable block chain is not indicative of viral growth: https://steemle.com/charts.php

Steemit is 10,000.  Even that GetGems stuff, which was a clone of Telegram, had over 300,000+.

I've been looking at Alexa Rank and Google Trends, Steemit is nowhere as popular as other Reddit clones like Voat.  People will realize shortly there's no people coming onto Steemit (other than crypto regulars and a few friends) and that's when the capitalization will tank.  Smiley

Of course. What would one expect from paying people to join. That isn't a virally driven activity done out of one's own desire to join and contribute.

It is analogous to bribing your sister to do your homework for you. As soon as she is done with your paid job, she gets back to doing what she loves doing normally.

And besides, Dan and Ned have no experience whatsoever in making million user websites and applications. I do.

Compare:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nedscott

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shelby-moore-iii-b31488b0

With Ned's university degree in Economics and Psychology (and no relevant career experience), he has created a braindead design which doesn't even understand well economics and which attempts to trick users into thinking they will earn $100s per blog post, by using a quadratic weighting function. But the reality is most users earn $0 and apparently abandon the site.

Altcoins are the place where all the developers who have no significant career success and experience whatsoever, come and dump their inexperience and lunacy (delusional fantasies) on speculators who are too stupid to realize.

smooth has demonstrated to me that he has no capability whatsoever to analyse marketing, psychology, and economics design of consumer facing applications and websites. But I expected this, as I realized he only really understands back end servers for banks, which is apparently his career experience (although I admit I am guessing based on what he has shared publicly and privately, because he is anonymous).

Voat is instructive to those who want to learn about Internet marketing of new social networks. You can start to learn that the battleground between Reddit clones is all about the moderation+voting design, demographics, game theory (and aesthetics/features of discussion threads):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voat#Site
http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/10/8924415/voat-reddit-competitor-free-speech

That is what matters to people who want to use a discussion site. Being bribed to participate has nothing to do with a viral adoption motivation. Duh!

Dan and Ned need to stick with anal, as they have no fucking clue what they are doing. They need to go work in the real world first and gain some relevant career experience.
magicalacademy

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:14:24 AM

I've been looking at Alexa Rank and Google Trends, Steemit is nowhere as popular as other Reddit clones like Voat.  People will realize shortly there's no people coming onto Steemit (other than crypto regulars and a few friends) and that's when the capitalization will tank.  Smiley

But the reality is most users earn $0 and apparently abandon the site.

This and it will only get worse from there as more and more user pile up.

Whole thing is designed to make the rich richer and poor poorer, you can already see patterns forming. Like that girl that post her holiday PART 1, 2, 3,4,5,6.... she is hooked to the steem mafia, everytime she will post  new update she ll bank.
Same is true for all the old timers, they could post boring stuff they'd still get upvoted . This leaves no space for any newbie to even try his luck.

iamnotback

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:16:41 AM

I am going to flood the Steemit site with filipino bloggers. More the merrier. As many as possible should get their free $10 of SP. We will start the viral campaign on Facebook once the Steemit site is back up from the hack recovery.

Don't so I didn't do my part to help  Cheesy

Well the Steemit sign up sucks so much that we abandoned this plan.

First we tested earlier and my gf signed up with her Facebook account. The site signed her up but it wasn't fully functional due to the hack. Later with the site fully functional, she can't login. It says her username doesn't exist at the login interface. Yet if she tries to sign up again, it says her username already signed up. So she is stuck in a blackhole bug and can't continue.

Tonight her sister signed up, but instead of the promised $10, she only received 5 SP (Steem Power) with an estimated value of "$3.85". She clicked to "Power Down" and was told (in some cryptic message that only a programmer such as myself might comprehend) she needs to earn 10X more SP before she can start Power Down process. So she said fuck this and left. The only thing she is presented for content publishing is a box for "Blog" where I guess she needs to type markdown, but she has no clue about markdown.

I doubt the 3000 sign ups per day are not mostly abandoned accounts.

This site is not for your average person, because they will never figure this out. You need to be computer savvy or having a friend who is helping you. The main issue is that it requires too much effort to figure out. Even I wasn't going to spend the effort to figure it out and then train these two ladies. Who has time for that. User interfaces need to be very, very easy.

So if this is an indication of their user interface programming and design skills, they are not going to be successful making a mass adopted system and crypto-currency. Perhaps they will improve later.

One of the major challenges when attempting to create a new social network, is that users are really loath to learn sites that are not as easy-as-pie. And they are more comfortable with the user interfaces of the sites they already use.

Additionally the requirement for 16 character password was also a pita. My gf was going to stop because of that, but I urged her to continue the sign up process.

Both of the ladies said they were afraid it is a scam and they would go to jail. They both seemed very uninterested, because they don't believe any social network will give you $10 for signing up. They thought I was trying to trick them.

Both of these ladies were eager for me to stop peskering them so they could go back to Facebook and Youtube. They want to work at Kidzooona and earn money taking care of kids. They don't seem interested in online work. For them online stuff is for chatting with friends and watching tubes.

If delusion Dan is thinking he can scale up a currency all by himself and without an open ecosystem, and yet he can't even understand that many people just wouldn't be interested in the Steemit shit he is peddling, then I think everyone should definitely invest all their life savings in Steem Power (SP) tokens and lock up their entire net worth for 2 years unable to sell or cash out. Sell your houses and go all in, this is a SureThing™.

The SureThing™ and WeCanDoItTiedTogether™ trademarks are the sole property of the Steermites corporation and may not be used for any purpose.

I explained to my gf that her sister actually was awarded approximately 5 x $3.85 for signing up. Which works out to be roughly ~1000 pesos of Philippines money. She said, "umm, okay". She seemed a little bit more interested but not overly so.

Then I said, "But you have to wait 2 years to get the money out".

She said, "My God, screw that. Melanie can earn 1000 pesos in less than 15 days. That's crazy!". And there is no way I could even force her to open the Steemit site ever again. It is now permanently imprinted in her mind that it is a scam site.
magicalacademy

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:21:44 AM

Of course. What would one expect from paying people to join. That isn't a virally driven activity done out of one's own desire to join and contribute.

It is analogous to bribing your sister to do your homework for you. As soon as she is done with your paid job, she gets back to doing what she loves doing normally.

That's a good point. You can see it already in the comments, there is no discussions going. Most thread are literally ghost towns. Only the mafia approved thread gets a bit of conversation.
iamnotback

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:52:02 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2016, 10:56:20 PM by mprep

With Ned's university degree in Economics and Psychology (and no relevant career experience), he has created a braindead design which doesn't even understand well economics and which attempts to trick users into thinking they will earn $100s per blog post, by using a quadratic weighting function. But the reality is most users earn $0 and apparently abandon the site.

To better summarize the economic mistake they've made on their plan (first link in the quote above), money is not a walled garden. Specifically money's raison d'être is that it improves on bartering[1] by being a universal unit-of-exchange. This is what you are supposed to learn in Economics 101. I don't know if Ned was asleep when that was taught or he just forgot his major degree. I took Economics 101 33 years ago and I still am aware of that fundamental concept.

And to better summarize the psychology mistake made (second link in the quote above), bribing and fooling people has a backlash effect that people will never give you a second chance. I wonder if Ned is lying about his major degree on LinkedIn  Huh

[1] Exchanging a chicken for strawberries is difficult.

My point is that on one wants to willingly convert STEEM to SP. That is the salient point.

I made the point earlier in the thread that most people were converting their STEEM to SP. That's verifiable fact.

You're making things up out of whole cloth in order to make baseless accusations about it being a pyramid scheme, and impugning the character of a person who has 100% of their stake in Steem in the form of SP. He is invested for the long haul, and that is verifiable. It's on the blockchain. You can see the balance of his wallet.

The fact that the richest accounts have the vast majority of their stake invested in the platform tells you all you need to know. They are in it for the long haul.

If you actually believe that Dan and his team are evil geniuses who have created a pyramid scheme and produced a $350 million market cap out of thin air based on some kind of elaborate deception, you should at least give them credit for having a plan to walk away with something to show for it. You can't simultaneously present them as masterminds and unwitting dupes.

The simple fact is that Ned and Dan have more of a reason to want Steem to be viable long term than literally anybody. If things go south, they wouldn't even be able to react fast enough to cut and run. They're forced to do everything in their power to ensure Steemit's long term success, due to the realities of the platform's incentive structure. And so is every single other person who owns SP. At the end of the day, that's why it will succeed.

But please... don't pretend that Dan is trying to pull one over on anybody. He's not offering anybody a value proposition he hasn't already accepted himself. And he has as much or more to lose than anybody involved. That's not speculation.. it's right there on the blockchain for all to see.

The smart speculators will hold only STEEM and cash out at the peak of the bubble.

The fools will convert STEEM tokens to Steem Power (SP) tokens and be unable to sell when it peaks and then declines. SP tokens requires 104 weeks (2 years) delay to cash out. Two years is a long time in Altcoin land. Most pumps reach their peak within a few months. Also there could come another bear market for CC in general, which might drag all CCs done. In particular, it looks like 2017 or 2018, the entire world will collapse into a sovereign debt liquidity contagion crisis that will be much worse than 2008/9. Remember gold and silver dive bombed during that prior contagion.

Tying yourself to Steemit for 2 years should require that you have some roadmap from Dan, yet the only roadmap the business moded I deduced from their white paper, which I explained seems to be flawed. They have no income generation model. And SP tokens are not shares in a corporation. There is no obligation for the Steemit corporation to share any income stream it might earn in the future with the SP investors.

I encourage all fools to invest in SP tokens. I also dare any of the Steemit supporters to document in this thread the quantity of SP tokens they converted from STEEM tokens. If they really believe in their long-term investment, why not demonstrate it by documenting to us that you have converted STEEM to SP and in what approximate quantity? I'd like to know who I can laugh at later when they are bagholding and can't cash out because they are locked inside the jail for 2 years.

smooth, why don't your double your investment in SP from $5 million to $10 million and show us that you really believe in the long-term plan? Btw, what is the long-term plan  Huh Who ever invested in a company for the long-term and there isn't even a prospectus.  Roll Eyes

magicalacademy, please stop thinking the creation of 9 SP for every 1 STEEM created is debasement (inflation) or dilution of the SP holders. It is not. The white paper explains that everybody who holds SP ends up with the same proportion of SP that they had before. For every 1 STEEM created, 9 SP are created and distributed proportionally to all SP holders. The reason for doing that is so that the STEEM tokens do not end up being more 10% of the money supply. They want to keep the investors locked into the SP jail, forcing them to wait 2 years to cash out and to force investors to become curators (as if investors have time to be employed in menial labor  Roll Eyes). The reverse stock split every ~3 years is a separate matter and it does not change anyone's proportion of the money supply. Its only purpose is to manually fix a "bug" that Dan purposely coded into the block chain in that he didn't reserve enough bytes for token balances to handle the range of precision that Bitcoin can. Dan did this because he thinks that removing a couple of bytes for each transaction will reduce block chain bloat. It is actually a stupid priority, but almost everything Dan designs is stupid, so just get used to it. I realized back in 2013 when I would point out flaws in Dan's designs, that he was (still is) a special case of "smart".

Who would convert STEEM to SP willingly? They'd have to be a fool.
It would be a fool who wants to be a bagholder in hopes of earning 100% passive interest. or whatever it works out to be with the 9:1 ratio.

Afaik, the only passive interest for holding SP tokens, is that 9 SP are created for each 1 STEEM created. You may be thinking of the SMD tokens.

To maximize your ROI when holding Steem Power (SP) tokens, you as an investor must do daily or even hourly curation of content.

I have a rambling story which is some what relevant to this thread in a roundabout way.

I was explaining to my gf why Asia will also have a mini economic collapse from 2018 to 2020, but that Asia will bottom and start rising again from 2020, while the West will collapse into the abyss. And I told her it is because all the youth are here in Asia and the youth are hardworking. I explained that the white youth are spoiled and think they know everything and are a privileged class.

I explained that when I was in high school, not only did I have perfect A (4.0) grades, I was also running 10 - 20 kilometers in the afternoon after school, then reporting to my job as a cook at a pizza restaurant from 6pm to 10pm. And then on Saturday night at 2am after partying, I would go compile the sections of 1500 newspapers (Sunday edition was about 50cm thick) to be ready for the delivery boys to pick up by 6am.

At age 13, I was mowing the huge lawns we have in the suburbs of New Orleans in the tropical swelting heat and humidity during summer (nearly same as here in Philippines) where the push mower would stall out if I did elevate it at an angle due to the very tall and thick "crab" grass. The bugs would be flying up my nose, etc.. I would earn $10 for a half-day of hard labor (note $10 was worth more then).

I think this is relevant to these young guys who come in here with no experience and disrespect those of us who have experience and who worked very hard.

(CoinHoarder, I've been sick for the past 4+ years with a Multiple Sclerosis symptoms chronic disease. That was the reason no code was produced. Please I would not lie about my health. I don't say that to make a drama. It was extremely frustrating and you will never understand this until you actually suffer a chronic disease. Fortunately I am fighting and have some improvement. It is not an issue that I lost my hardworking ethic. It was a physical reality that I was trying my best to overcome)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 07:18:57 AM

smooth, why don't your double your investment in SP from $5 million to $10 million and show us that you really believe in the long-term plan? Btw, what is the long-term plan  Huh Who ever invested in a company for the long-term and there isn't even a prospectus.  Roll Eyes

1. It would be silly for me to increase my investment, even if I think it is a great investment. I stated earlier that $5 million wouldn't dramatically change my life but it isn't pocket change for me either. For diversification reason alone it makes no sense for me to further concentrate. A better argument would be to look at people with smaller stakes in Steem and see if they invest more. As I see it, many have, but you pointed out earlier that it could be fake. I can't conclusively refute that, so I won't try.

2. Buying Steem/SP is not investing in a company, it is investing in a blockchain token (rhetoric about DACs/DAOs aside). Such a decision needs to be made based on an assessment of the prospects for the value of that token, which may be related to the prospects of the Steemit corporation, but are not identical. Your assessment is obviously negative. Mine is more neutral to mildly positive but not so positive I would double my already significant investment, and I also would hardly be surprised if it failed completely.

iamnotback

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 11:54:39 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2016, 03:21:04 PM by iamnotback

smooth, why don't your double your investment in SP from $5 million to $10 million and show us that you really believe in the long-term plan? Btw, what is the long-term plan  Huh Who ever invested in a company for the long-term and there isn't even a prospectus.  Roll Eyes

1. It would be silly for me to increase my investment, even if I think it is a great investment. I stated earlier that $5 million wouldn't dramatically change my life but it isn't pocket change for me either. For diversification reason alone it makes no sense for me to further concentrate. A better argument would be to look at people with smaller stakes in Steem and see if they invest more. As I see it, many have, but you pointed out earlier that it could be fake. I can't conclusively refute that, so I won't try.

But if you could withdraw the $5 million now from Steem Power, I am nearly certain you would convert most of it to STEEM (so you'd be ready to cash out as the price reaches its apex)? Also you obtained your tokens nearly at no cost since you were mining during the "stealth mine" phase where I presume hashrate difficulty was extremely low, thus you can justify very high risk because you already earned back your investment of effort orders-of-magnitude times. i.e. I guess/presume you have on the order of 1000X gains already on the portion you've been allowed to cash out.

I'm leaning to the guess that those converting STEEM to Steem Power (to lock themselves in for 2 years) are deluded fools (with a lot of production[1] to fool them with). And it could be the automatic conversions due to 5 SP awarded to (as reported) 3000 new signups per day, but I am not sure also because I haven't even looked at the block chain. I have a limited amount of time to waste on researching a project I think is retarded. The extent of my research on Steem is more or less the white paper and discussions in this thread.

That I didn't expect anyone rational to convert STEEM to SP, is again the side-effect of my inability to perceive how dumb other people are. I have in my life always been too unfocused on how foolish other people are. I realize this is a skill I need to hone, but it is so depressing I don't like to think about it. It tends to make me very sarcastic when I do. (Could I be entirely wrong about Steem? I'd place those odds at best 1-in-a-100 given everything I have explained in this thread and on Dan's past history which I've followed since 2013. Not so surprisingly, Dan has a following of groupies who think he is well accomplished[1].)

No slander is intended towards CoinHoarder and others who support Dan. I think they need more experience. This will be gained over time.

2. Buying Steem/SP is not investing in a company, it is investing in a blockchain token (rhetoric about DACs/DAOs aside). Such a decision needs to be made based on an assessment of the prospects for the value of that token, which may be related to the prospects of the Steemit corporation, but are not identical. Your assessment is obviously negative. Mine is more neutral to mildly positive but not so positive I would double my already significant investment, and I also would hardly be surprised if it failed completely.

It seems to me that given the corporation controls the block chain, then you are investing in the corporation and Ned Scott, not in a decentralized, permissionless, trustless block chain that could be used for other purposes and ecosystem than those planned by "Dan and Ned" (<joke>when they aren't busy doing anal</joke>).

Example of why PoS block chains can't be trusted to not violate the protocol and bailout themselves (leading to corruption and fighting over who controls the resource):

In the security announcement CEO of Steemit Ned Scott said:

“User accounts and wallets are not at risk, and we hope to soon reactivate the Steemit website to normal order. Any users whose accounts were compromised will be completely reimbursed.”

Then just like Ethereum, Steem is not a trustless, permissionless, decentralized block chain. But this is expected, because all PoS block chains must be centralized with checkpoints and thus are under top-down control.

Steem is a corporate controlled block chain, which is the antithesis of why we created block chains to remove us from the certain failure of democracy and governance. We need block chains to be immutable and changable by no one after they are launched. I'll be trying to demonstrate a new design for a block chain which has this immutable property (even more so than Satoshi's original design).

Your neutral assessment makes no sense to me given your past intense defenses of proof-of-work, until we consider that you have $5 million at-risk that you can't cash out immediately and the price must remain high for 104 weeks so you can cash out. I think if you look in the mirror, you will realize your normal objectivity of course has been corrupted by that 2 year lock in.

Have you read the past few pages of this thread wherein I have explained my analysis as to why I think the Steemit plans are economically, marketing, psychologically, and technologically retarded?

[1]Dan's development group does have considerable coding production. And they have produced functional block chains, functional market driven asset pegs, apparently a functional decentralized exchange, and a DPoS innovation that has some better performance characteristics as compared to Peercoin's PoS. Frankly if they had my design skills matched with their coding production, in an ideal synergy great things could be accomplished. But unfortunately when I tried to discuss with Dan in these forums in 2013, I realized he was incorrigible. Even Charles found that out the hard way. The Mythical Man Month makes is difficult enough to get coding done when the developers are philosophically in sync, but if the developers are disagreeing over fundamental concepts such a PoS versus PoW, then working together would be a clusterfuck of arguments. This is why I haven't bothered to pursue working with them.They are headstrong young guys who want to try their own experiments. They have more raw coding resources at their disposal right now than I do. I am also stubborn about the principles of design that I think I know are valid. So it would pointless for me to work with them. I thought about it last year, then I realized "Just no".

But coding production does not equal success. Just go ask all the startups that have failed. Most startups fail, because getting all those decisions economically, marketing, psychologically, and technologically correct is difficult and requires expertise and experience.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:39:38 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2016, 12:52:01 PM by CoinHoarder

You mean Steemit isn't as popular as web sites that have been released and marketed for years? Shocker.

Save your breath crying ad hominem. Anyone that followed the link gets my point.

Also, it looks like you pulled the 10k user number out of your butt (or whoever you ripped it from without verifying the information did.) Actual numbers are 300,000+ users with 150,000+ returning users and 102,000 loyal users averaging 10 minutes per session.

https://steemit.com/steemit/@gavvet/where-steemit-adoption-is-going-to-the-mooooon

FUD on brother!
iamnotback

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:46:27 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2016, 02:19:35 PM by iamnotback

You mean Steemit isn't as popular as web sites that have been released and marketed for years? Shocker.

Save your breath crying ad hominem. Anyone that followed the link gets my point.

FUD on brother!

This link  Huh

BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 12:54:49 PM

I have a rambling story which is some what relevant to this thread in a roundabout way.

I was explaining to my gf why Asia will also have a mini economic collapse from 2018 to 2020, but that Asia will bottom and start rising again from 2020, while the West will collapse into the abyss. And I told her it is because all the youth are here in Asia and the youth are hardworking. I explained that the white youth are spoiled and think they know everything and are a privileged class.

I explained that when I was in high school, not only did I have perfect A (4.0) grades, I was also running 10 - 20 kilometers in the afternoon after school, then reporting to my job as a cook at a pizza restaurant from 6pm to 10pm. And then on Saturday night at 2am after partying, I would go compile the sections of 1500 newspapers (Sunday edition was about 50cm thick) to be ready for the delivery boys to pick up by 6am.

At age 13, I was mowing the huge lawns we have in the suburbs of New Orleans in the tropical swelting heat and humidity during summer (nearly same as here in Philippines) where the push mower would stall out if I did elevate it at an angle due to the very tall and thick "crab" grass. The bugs would be flying up my nose, etc.. I would earn $10 for a half-day of hard labor (note $10 was worth more then).

I think this is relevant to these young guys who come in here with no experience and disrespect those of us who have experience and who worked very hard.

(CoinHoarder, I've been sick for the past 4+ years with a Multiple Sclerosis symptoms chronic disease. That was the reason no code was produced. Please I would not lie about my health. I don't say that to make a drama. It was extremely frustrating and you will never understand this until you actually suffer a chronic disease. Fortunately I am fighting and have some improvement. It is not an issue that I lost my hardworking ethic. It was a physical reality that I was trying my best to overcome)

I don't think it's so much that they're spoiled but the unequal setting of economic wealth distribution. For what you explained doing at 13 years old there are grown adults here that do that for a living at the age of 45 just to get by. We have pretty strict laws on child labor which is why most children under 18 can maybe work at a fast food joint or a young adult at their own parent's mom and pop store. No one is really going to higher most 13 year old for hard labor unless of course it's a pedo bear.

Typically here in the west if you want to work young like that you'll have to lie and even that's not enough to get by without the proper legal indentification and tax documents. Most parents have to sign a consent form of sorts to allow their children to work and that's only in certain lines of work that aren't considered a danger to the child's health or well being.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░       ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░  ░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░     ░░
  ░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░      ░█░
   ░▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░        ░██░
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░          ░███▒
      ░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░             ░▒█████░
                           ░░▒██████░
            ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒█████████░
                 ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Sphere .
  DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK 
         OVER 250,000 HAVE JOINED!
ICO DATE 
Feb. 12, 2018
███
███████░
███████████
██████████████░
██████████████████
█████████████████████░
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████░
█████████████████
█████████████░
██████████
██████░
GET IT ON
Google Play
                     ░███
                   █████░
                  █████░
                 ▒███▓
         ░███▓       ░████▓
      ████████████████████████
    ░█████████████████████████
   ░████████████████████████▒
   ████████████████████████
   ░██████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
       ░████████████████████▓
           █████    █████
DOWNLOAD ON THE
App Store
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:56:44 PM

Stop busting my balls Anonymint. Yes, that link. Patiently await for it to resurrect itself after maintenance, and you will understand what I am saying. All signs point towards viral growth.

The transaction # graph, user graph, vote graph, posting graph... Etc... All have skyrocketed in use the past few days. You will see the vertical line the graph has transformed into the past few days.
iamnotback

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 01:13:37 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2016, 01:50:52 PM by iamnotback

I don't think it's so much that they're spoiled but the unequal setting of economic wealth distribution. For what you explained doing at 13 years old there are grown adults here that do that for a living at the age of 45 just to get by. We have pretty strict laws on child labor which is why most children under 18 can maybe work at a fast food joint or a young adult at their own parent's mom and pop store. No one is really going to higher most 13 year old for hard labor unless of course it's a pedo bear.

Typically here in the west if you want to work young like that you'll have to lie and even that's not enough to get by without the proper legal indentification and tax documents. Most parents have to sign a consent form of sorts to allow their children to work and that's only in certain lines of work that aren't considered a danger to the child's health or well being.

I agree with your point as to government regulation being one of the causes:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/uncategorized/what-socialism-destroyed-govt-shutdown/

Here in the Philippines, children are expected to work. Even at the public elementary and high schools, the teachers force the kids to go clean the playground (in the midday blistering sun).

I just mentioned to my filipina (26 year old) gf that if she disciplines her children too harsely for not cleaning the house in our Western countries, she can be charged with a crime. She made a very angry/contorted face, and said "buang!". Meaning "that is crazy".

Btw, when I was mowing lawns at age 13, it was my own business. I rented the lawn mower. Then later purchased my own lawn mower. I had other businesses throughout my teenage years. I walked house-to-house and asked old ladies if I could mow their lawns.
BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 01:16:38 PM

You know what i like about steemit:

It is a very fair system

The poor indian guy with a dying father gets 0.02$ https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@hendry-cie-poe/hello-steemit-hendry-here-for-verification#@hendry-cie-poe

And the hot western chick gets 4200$ https://steemit.com/beauty/@guerrint/the-first-steemit-makeup-turtorial-bringing-youtubers-to-steemit

It's too bad no one thought about a way to pay the chick 4150$ and the indian guy 50.02$  /s

Honestly speaking which one would you rather listen to? I'm a straight woman and I'd still be way more interested in listening to the hot western chick and her make up tutorials over the poor indian guy with a dying father. Everyone's parents have died or will die at some point but not everyone can say they're a hot western chick?

To single her out and start saying the system needs to find a way to take $50 away from her to give it to some man somewhere is the problem right there. She's working hard for what she earns and some how you view her as less than which may just be the cultural issue as to why that poor indian guy received no more than 50.02.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░       ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░  ░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░     ░░
  ░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░      ░█░
   ░▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░        ░██░
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░          ░███▒
      ░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░             ░▒█████░
                           ░░▒██████░
            ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒█████████░
                 ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Sphere .
  DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK 
         OVER 250,000 HAVE JOINED!
ICO DATE 
Feb. 12, 2018
███
███████░
███████████
██████████████░
██████████████████
█████████████████████░
████████████████████████
████████████████████░
█████████████████
█████████████░
██████████
██████░
GET IT ON
Google Play
                     ░███
                   █████░
                  █████░
                 ▒███▓
         ░███▓       ░████▓
      ████████████████████████
    ░█████████████████████████
   ░████████████████████████▒
   ████████████████████████
   ░██████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
       ░████████████████████▓
           █████    █████
DOWNLOAD ON THE
App Store
iamnotback

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 01:38:25 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2016, 02:19:07 PM by iamnotback

He says "gastric complications" and "kidneys". My chronic auto immune illness is apparently involved with gastric complications, but my condition is no where near as bad as that. Since he is Indian, he probably already knows this, but if I had an account there I would reply to him and tell him to try very high doses of 95% purity curcumin extract powder (tablespoons per day) mixed with warmed coconut milk. Perhaps one of you can pass on my suggestion to him. Advice could be worth more than money. Note the 95% curcumin costs roughly > $100 per kg. It looks like his father might be insolubly terminal though. I did get thin, but at the worst last year I wasn't that far gone.

You don't understand how much pain (or more accurately stated a mix of symptoms including headaches, nausea, etc) his father is in, every single hour of every damn day. Chronic illness can drive you fucking crazy. Imagine being in that pain endlessly. You reach a point where you'd rather die. You will not know empathy until you've been in his shoes, but pray you never do, because you will fucking hate your life.

None of us want to think about other people's illnesses, because we don't even want to go there. So of course, he will get very little support there. He'd need to be on some charity site specifically designed to promote bleeding heart stories in order to gain more donations or to milk the government for welfare. Most of us avoid being around sick people.

It can also be that we are suspicious that he can't receive aid from his local church and government, and maybe also that his son refuses to work. But I think this might be a bit callous, as this is India. But the problem is there are probably millions of people in abject poverty in India that are suffering from various issues such as malnutrition and the concomitant disease that results from it. Also in my limited experience thus far with outsourcing, some Indians have somewhat a reputation for being opportunists and selfishly unreliable (or let's just say our cultures are different and I don't entirely understand theirs so I am speaking ignorantly).

Personally if I were rich, I'd probably feel compelled to find out what he needed most to make his father more comfortable during his last days (morphine?) and provide it. Up to the limits of what I could handle in terms of time loss to help so many people, as there are millions of them who need help.

It really bothers me to see the photos, because I remember my own suffering. But most of you won't have the same connection.
iamnotback

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:18:03 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2016, 03:56:16 PM by iamnotback

You know what i like about steemit:

It is a very fair system

The poor indian guy with a dying father gets 0.02$ https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@hendry-cie-poe/hello-steemit-hendry-here-for-verification#@hendry-cie-poe

And the hot western chick gets 4200$ https://steemit.com/beauty/@guerrint/the-first-steemit-makeup-turtorial-bringing-youtubers-to-steemit

It's too bad no one thought about a way to pay the chick 4150$ and the indian guy 50.02$  /s

Honestly speaking which one would you rather listen to? I'm a straight woman and I'd still be way more interested in listening to the hot western chick and her make up tutorials over the poor indian guy with a dying father. Everyone's parents have died or will die at some point but not everyone can say they're a hot western chick?

Frankly I don't see her working hard. How difficult is it to make a video of putting on your makeup with your cleavage hanging. I see her as a bitch spoiled by socialism where the man has been emasculated by the government and the female has been elevated to a privileged position of theft. For me, it makes the site look sleazy, a circle-jerk, and unimportant. I understand my comments might offend you if you are a feminist.

MySpace had lots of hot people, but the site failed.

https://www.quora.com/What-could-MySpace-have-done-differently-to-avoid-losing-to-Facebook

I have no interest in makeup, so on a personal anecdotal level, I have no interest in her video. Also I don't find her that hot (seen 1000s of copies of her in my 51 years) and she didn't put on high heels for me nor stimulate my mind. I see no talent worth $11,000. Can she sell $11,000 worth of makeup advertising with that video? There is no way that a video about makeup is worth $11,000 to the Steemit ecosystem. I can't see how the quadratic vote weighting system is working correctly, unless it has some derivative effect such as their hope that it was drive other users to act irrationally and expend more effort than they will be compensated for. Somebody please make her pregnant already, so her tits can droop down and if they are large enough then she may be able to drape them over her shoulders. Unlike the lady working by herself (probably for $5 per day) at the Gasol station yesterday who thanked me for telling her to let me carry the 20 kg Gasol.

Analyzing the potential of a social network is complex. I am waiting for CoinHoarder's charts link to come back online so we can analyze the data.

P.S. I am old enough to remember when nobody bothered to mention whether they were straight. It is odd to me this new world with so many homosexuals and moreover the changes in politics and politically correct speech. I am an anarchist, so I don't try to stop them, but I still find it revolting. I mean I have been friendly out of mutual respect with homosexuals (even joined a lady to party in a homosexual bar in New Orleans in 1993 because a) she was hot, and b) her brother was gay), but that was until they started trying to flirt or touch me, and that is when I said, "touch me again with your eyes you faggot, and I will beat the shit out of you". I come from an older generation. I never thought I would be out-of-sync with the youth, but I can't bring myself to feel comfortable with homosexuality. Sorry. But I still remember admiring Freddie Mercury's performance on the big screen at that bar.

Looks more like re-inventing old wheels.  "Let's clone Reddit.  Now let's clone old Hitler parodies".   Zero original thought from Steem.  Grin

So is Steem a Social Nationalist (social fascism) coin?  you guys seem quite preoccupied with this type of ideology.  

More circle-jerk content for Stupidit.

Hitler says, "I will put all of my wealth on Steemit". And we all know what happened to Hilter at the end of the war.
bacchist

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:39:24 PM

iamnotblack, how much are you getting paid for all this trolling? I've never seen anybody willing to waste this much time and energy on something that they have no stake in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: