Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit how can this thing be workable long term?  (Read 32319 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:19:35 AM

If I can find anything worthy in a project design like Steem but with necessary improvements that I don't think they will make, it would be nice to get back to coding and stop arguing with dumb motherfuckers.

Even if just for the fun of creating something for a change.

But if I did it, I would flatten the rewards out and you would not be able to cash out for 2 years. So it would be for people who really want to invest in the platform. But I think most people would not join, because everybody is joining Steemit only because of the very large rewards that some make. But most users will never make that, and long-term Steem is MOST LIKELY going to implode on itself, so probably anyone investing long-term is going to lose.

I would like to just go create something good, even if it had less users at least it might be sustainable and  grow over the years to be something significant.

Who knows maybe there is a way to make adoption grow very fast even without the lie of instant $5000 payouts for blogging.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:24:12 AM

Chillax... it's like everyone writes their stuff and they'll make mistakes, and they'll have wrong views, etc etc. And they may get upvoted, downvoted, whatever. Don't allow posts to get under your skin because that's when it turns into physical imbalance. It's not worth the stress.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:36:02 AM

Who knows maybe there is a way to make adoption grow very fast even without the lie of instant $5000 payouts for blogging.

It's not a lie when people are actually making that much. Didn't you make $3K or something?

The aspect of it that does border on deceptive to me is combining all the rewards into a single number when no one gets that much and even the author's portion is split between SP/SD. Personally I'd just display the author's SD portion and state that you get a matching amount in SP (and that voters also get a smaller reward). I suggested something like this earlier but it was rejected in favor of the sexier big numbers. My approach would show lower numbers on the web site but they would still be pretty high (there is one post on track to get $40K now; if it showed $15K instead that would still be a "wow" number).

Dink

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:11:32 AM

the "wow" in the number is the scam..?*
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:37:56 AM

Am I right? Blogposters earn their rewards in Steamdollar? And they need to wait 2 years to cash them out?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:40:52 AM

Am I right? Blogposters earn their rewards in Steamdollar? And they need to wait 2 years to cash them out?

No. 1/2 Steem Dollars which are immediately tradeable and 1/2 in Steem Power which can only be cashed out gradually over 2 years (average holding time of one year). Steem Power gives voting influence on the site while you are holding it.
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:43:23 AM

No. 1/2 Steem Dollars which are immediately tradeable and 1/2 in Steem Power which can only be cashed out gradually over 2 years (average holding time of one year). Steem Power gives voting influence on the site while you are holding it.

Steempower is the same token which is traded at the exchanges and the equivalent of the 300m+ marketcap right?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:45:16 AM

Steempower is the same token which is traded at the exchanges and the equivalent of the 300m+ marketcap right?

Steem Power is locked Steem, which in turn is the traded token. When you power down Steem Power, you get 1/104 of the amount in Steem tokens per week. Steem Dollars also trade on Poloniex and Bittrex, and SD/SP can trade against each other on the internal exchange.

Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:46:53 AM

Steem Power is locked Steem, which in turn is the traded token. When you power down Steem Power, you get 1/104 of the amount in Steem tokens per week. Steem Dollars also trade on Poloniex and Bittrex, and SD/SP can trade against each other on the internal exchange.

alright thanks

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:26:41 AM

(crosspost on steemit ANN thread)

i have a question...

i know someone who already have a blog..she wanted to make a copy of her blog from wordpress to steemit, but she said there is a plagiarism checker there, she might be labeled as a plagiarist..is there a workaround/solution to this?

because she doesn't want to delete her wordpress, she just want to try steemit.
Cboy

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:33:01 AM

i have a question...

i know someone who already have a blog..she wanted to make a copy of her blog from wordpress to steemit, but she said there is a plagiarism checker there, she might be labeled as a plagiarist..is there a workaround/solution to this?

i don't think there is a plagiarism checker i see lot of copied content from other sites there.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:44:39 AM

i have a question...

i don't think there is a plagiarism checker i see lot of copied content from other sites there.

here an example..

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:47:57 AM

i have a question...

here an example..

Well read it. It just identifies sources, nothing more. If the bot report turns out to be a false positive then the report can be downvoted and hidden.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:08:15 PM

i have a question...

here an example..

Well read it. It just identifies sources, nothing more. If the bot report turns out to be a false positive then the report can be downvoted and hidden.

okay, thanks.. she's just making sure..
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:10:55 PM

So, I gather that if I make an up vote, but the curation reward ends up being worth less than the equivalent of .001 Steem, then it is rounded down and I don't get rewarded at all. What is the motivation then to up vote something that I like but hasn't received much attention or a whale vote? I guess giving the person a penny's worth is the only reward then?
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:23:11 PM

So, I gather that if I make an up vote, but the curation reward ends up being worth less than the equivalent of .001 Steem, then it is rounded down and I don't get rewarded at all. What is the motivation then to up vote something that I like but hasn't received much attention or a whale vote? I guess giving the person a penny's worth is the only reward then?

Use it as a like button. Spread the love - make upvoting contagious. It doesn't matter the amount. That's the best part of having a few cents or less, in terms of voting power. You don't have to overthink it.

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:51:04 PM

Use it as a like button. Spread the love - make upvoting contagious. It doesn't matter the amount. That's the best part of having a few cents or less, in terms of voting power. You don't have to overthink it.

Well, I wish some people would spread some love to me. (Warning: Shameless plug for my latest post upcoming.)
https://steemit.com/poetry/@bones/angry-at-the-table
I know that it is a Sonnet (boring), and it definitely doesn't rise anywhere close to Shakespeare. However; it probably took me several hours to write those 14 lines over 20 years ago. And it took me an additional hour sifting through boxes and drawers trying to locate the journal it was written in. Cheesy
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:00:10 PM

Interface improvement proposal for followed people, responses, upvotes - even PMs and money rewards...

https://steemit.com/steem/@alexgr/steem-interface-proposal-follow-response-upvote-notifications
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:06:56 PM

Well, I wish some people would spread some love to me. (Warning: Shameless plug for my latest post upcoming.)
https://steemit.com/poetry/@bones/angry-at-the-table
I know that it is a Sonnet (boring), and it definitely doesn't rise anywhere close to Shakespeare. However; it probably took me several hours to write those 14 lines over 20 years ago. And it took me an additional hour sifting through boxes and drawers trying to locate the journal it was written in. Cheesy

I guess the crowd doesn't appreciate poetry that much. In any case, you have my "love" Cheesy
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:16:33 PM

If you upvote before a whale, you get much more than upvoting after a whale. In general, upvoting before other voters (whale or not) is worth relatively more and after less. I got hardly anything for upvoting the $30K makeup lesson because I did it late even though my vote added thousands of dollars to the reward.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: