Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!!  (Read 66953 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 11:09:52 AM

Why the hell did they send the BTC?! DeOS is a proved scam... in many ways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:28:35 PM

Changing the terms of the crowdsale while it is running is tantamount to fraud itself. They initially created such a steep and rapid decline in exchange rate being offered that it only made sense to invest in that first week before it started dropping like a stone by half each week.

They had a rush of interest in that first week from people wanting to catch the 1000 per bitcoin deal and then were clearly afraid that the drop off would cause people to think they'd missed the boat, so instead changed the terms of the sale and extended the one week limit to two.

That's unfair to those who bought in that first week thinking they'd get a good deal when suddenly there was a load of PR touting about the success of that first stage and, lo and behold, we now find there's another week at the same rate!

Absolutely criminal. No, seriously, it is actually criminal.

My theory is that they're going to throw some money at Dengo Systems to get them to stitch together some open source projects and rebrand them so they can claim delivery and leave the rest of the work to the fucking 'DeOS Foundation'. They already said weeks back that the not-an-ICO-but-a-crowdsale was going to be used to pay developers to 'improve' this DeOS before releasing it. Funny how he had already claimed in January of last year that they had 27,000 users actively using it though. You'd think it was, you know, in a usable condition then, what with him crowing about a not-insignificant number of members of the public USING it 20 months ago, so why isn't accessible to the public now?

Still, they've broken that many UK financial laws in their quest to collect investment funds (Jawad, your token fails the Howey Test big time, so it is a security no matter how much you wanted to insist you were just selling software) I can't see them getting a completely free ride out of this fraud. Give it time.

Jawad was asked in one of the interviews where the money for this 'Five Million-Euro Blockchain Bank' was coming from and was directly asked if it was being funded by the money from this ICO and he squirmed and fluffed his words as he pretended like the money was going to come from their own resources.

http://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/16/09/p8434566/razormind-to-open-blockchain-headquarters-in-belfast-12-bitcoin-jobs
Global computing firm Razormind has chosen to locate their European Headquarters in Belfast creating 12 jobs, 20 paid internships, a new blockchain lab, and installing 10 BitCoin ATMs over the next 12 months. The offices will be located in The Scottish Provident Building, next to City Hall. Razormind currently has European sites in London, Paris, and Munich for which the Belfast HQ will take a leading role.

Razormind doesn't have the money for this, their DeOS ICO, however, has several thousand bitcoin.

I wonder if the people who fell for this con would be happy to learn that the several thousand Bitcoin they invested aren't actually committed to the development of this DeOS software.

BTW a leading 3 in the wallet address denotes multisig, so it is possible somebody with an ounce of understanding of the seriousness of this fraud will stop the whole process until the actual facts, rather than Jawad and Phil's fevered imagination, can be established. There is still time to let the investors learn of the true state of Razormind, DeOS and how this ICO was fraudulently staged, so they can choose whether they wish to have a refund.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:10:27 AM

In the first place, the mug cup what Jawad show up in his interview was full of tea incrustations... such 6000BTC most likely temporal show money for his scam.

we see his face on movie interview. very interested how he plan to outrun from now.  Cool

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:19:59 AM

Where did this silly thing end up?

With all the legitimate journalists pulling their articles on DeOS when they saw the evidence that Jawad and Phil are basically bullshitting everyone about the scope of their operation and that Razormind had made numerous fraudulent claims on their website leading up to and during this 'crowdsale' of these 'tokens', which is generally an ICO by another name.

The 'sale' ends on 9th September and they'll issue the tokens one week after that, according to their twitter.
https://twitter.com/razormind

then, anyone got coin???

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:21:22 PM

then, anyone got coin???

I've not seen any reports and Razormind's twitter account has only been posting off-topic personal crap.

Nothing says 'official twitter account of legitimate global corporation' better than an incessant stream of personal tweets and pics by the one guy claiming to be heading up said 'global corporation'. /s

I guess you'd have to contact that 'shinichi yoshino' and ask him if he's received his yet.
https://twitter.com/ItWBZ1iOaKhybkw

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 01:28:51 PM

then, anyone got coin???

I've not seen any reports and Razormind's twitter account has only been posting off-topic personal crap.

Nothing says 'official twitter account of legitimate global corporation' better than an incessant stream of personal tweets and pics by the one guy claiming to be heading up said 'global corporation'. /s

I guess you'd have to contact that 'shinichi yoshino' and ask him if he's received his yet.

The interesting part here is from where the hell they got so many BTC... looks like it's not their first scam. Smiley

DesertDuke

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:42:44 AM

I'm reluctant to say that I participated in this crowdsale, I received an email confirming receipt of the BTC and the amount of DEOS to be deposited but so far have received no further communication or instructions on how to download the DEOS, according to the website the platform launches on Oct 11th by which time all DEOS holders should be notified with downloading instructions. Let's see what happens.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:58:15 AM

I'm reluctant to say that I participated in this crowdsale, I received an email confirming receipt of the BTC and the amount of DEOS to be deposited but so far have received no further communication or instructions on how to download the DEOS, according to the website the platform launches on Oct 11th by which time all DEOS holders should be notified with downloading instructions. Let's see what happens.

I've got to ask, what exactly did you think you were investing in?

I genuinely don't want to sound like that is a mean comment, I would really like to get a sense of what the motivation was for people to send money in to something which was so vague, without so much as a whitepaper on the claimed tech, and for which the supposed global corporation behind it was so easily shown to be a sham.

Did you invest after the many hyped reports spouting about the success of the first week's "rain of bitcoins" or before then?

Because they changed the terms of the ICO exchange rate being offered while it was live, did you know that?

DesertDuke

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:30:05 PM

I've got to ask, what exactly did you think you were investing in?

I genuinely don't want to sound like that is a mean comment, I would really like to get a sense of what the motivation was for people to send money in to something which was so vague, without so much as a whitepaper on the claimed tech, and for which the supposed global corporation behind it was so easily shown to be a sham.

Did you invest after the many hyped reports spouting about the success of the first week's "rain of bitcoins" or before then?

Because they changed the terms of the ICO exchange rate being offered while it was live, did you know that?

I'm a relative beginner to crypto, I saw the Cointelegraph article about Razormind and assumed that it was legit, didn't do much research and only invested a very small amount during the bonus period.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:01:58 PM

I'm a relative beginner to crypto, I saw the Cointelegraph article about Razormind and assumed that it was legit, didn't do much research and only invested a very small amount during the bonus period.

Thought as much. Cointelegraph are utterly shameless when it comes to promoting scams. They must be directly responsible for tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars-worth of bitcoin being stolen through their persistent use of fraudulent 'sponsored' articles, banner ads and generally shitty journalism. Promoting services and platforms for which even the slightest of efforts towards due diligence, or even common sense for that matter, would serve to prove them as being suspect.

They appear to be devoid of ethics or morals. I've tried getting them to pull articles or ads that are already proven to be criminally fraudulent scams but they just don't give a shit.

During the research and exposure of the facts of this case I was able to convince a number of ethical journalists to pull the PR puff-pieces Jawad and Phil were trying to con news agencies with. That's the difference between Cointelegraph and actual journalism.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 03:31:32 PM

Thought as much. Cointelegraph are utterly shameless when it comes to promoting scams. They must be directly responsible for tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars-worth of bitcoin being stolen through their persistent use of fraudulent 'sponsored' articles, banner ads and generally shitty journalism. Promoting services and platforms for which even the slightest of efforts towards due diligence, or even common sense for that matter, would serve to prove them as being suspect.

They appear to be devoid of ethics or morals. I've tried getting them to pull articles or ads that are already proven to be criminally fraudulent scams but they just don't give a shit.

During the research and exposure of the facts of this case I was able to convince a number of ethical journalists to pull the PR puff-pieces Jawad and Phil were trying to con news agencies with. That's the difference between Cointelegraph and actual journalism.

Actually, Cointelegraph just replied us and they will make investigation on the subject.

Source: https://twitter.com/FAILCommunity/status/778572750751424512

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:43:27 PM

Nicely done Spartak, but I won't be holding my breath while waiting for CT to get a conscience about the willing part they play in all the scams that they promote.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 04:03:57 PM

Nicely done Spartak, but I won't be holding my breath while waiting for CT to get a conscience about the willing part they play in all the scams that they promote.

Well, I don't blame them since the articles is probably their main source of income. Moreover, scams are sometimes very hard to be revealed on time so... I agree that they should not post articles about some shady businesses though. That is why I told them "Scams should not be promoted, no matter how much they are paying".

anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:39:54 PM

Hey thanks a lot for bring this thread up. Yes, I did send some bits to test them out. Thank God that I just send 5 usd at first as DEOS was my first ICO. I had to wait as I had run out of funds and then these guys keep changing there terms like first they said there is no minimum amount then they said no dust. Minimum 1 BTC. I backed off and I can afford to loose 5 usd  Wink

I am well aware of trollers who would like to come and troll about this 5 USD investment. Fuck go ahead, who cares! from the place I come from, people are quite happy if they get 1 USD per day.

But I do pray that someone will help those investors who have invested 0.1BTC and above but less than 1BTC. I don't expect the multi sig wallet key holders to help. I mean who the hell knows these guys were working together to horse fuck innocent investors...I guess it's each man for himself..you invest money in bitcoin that you can afford to loose in the process...

Seriously, all senior users of bitcointalk, esp the ones who fight scammers, pls do something if you can. Appreciate everything you guys have been doing. Thanks.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 05:51:34 PM

Hey thanks a lot for bring this thread up. Yes, I did send some bits to test them out. Thank God that I just send 5 usd at first as DEOS was my first ICO. I had to wait as I had run out of funds and then these guys keep changing there terms like first they said there is no minimum amount then they said no dust. Minimum 1 BTC. I backed off and I can afford to loose 5 usd  Wink

I am well aware of trollers who would like to come and troll about this 5 USD investment. Fuck go ahead, who cares! from the place I come from, people are quite happy if they get 1 USD per day.

But I do pray that someone will help those investors who have invested 0.1BTC and above but less than 1BTC. I don't expect the multi sig wallet key holders to help. I mean who the hell knows these guys were working together to horse fuck innocent investors...I guess it's each man for himself..you invest money in bitcoin that you can afford to loose in the process...

Seriously, all senior users of bitcointalk, esp the ones who fight scammers, pls do something if you can. Appreciate everything you guys have been doing. Thanks.

The ones who will eventually mock you about these 5 USD are bunch of brainless and hypocrite douchebags. Don't pay attention to them.

pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:16:23 PM

then, anyone got coin???

The interesting part here is from where the hell they got so many BTC... looks like it's not their first scam. Smiley

Did they really get it or just claim to though...
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 01:29:46 PM

then, anyone got coin???

You can see the amount in their address. I doubt that they are just going to post some different address with significant amount of BTC. Smiley

pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:52:32 PM

then, anyone got coin???

You can see the amount in their address. I doubt that they are just going to post some different address with significant amount of BTC. Smiley

Easy to fake no? You just point to an already exiting 6000 address or use one from an old scam.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 02:12:47 PM

Easy to fake no? You just point to an already exiting 6000 address or use one from an old scam.

To be honest, I've never even tried to research that.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 02:38:33 PM

A user has posted a claim towards verifying at least one of the addresses they know was part of this ICO 'crowdsale' sham:
Hey guys, good to see this thread.

I have a couple of friends who have been burned by the DEOS SCAM, they sent small transactions and the team answered they are not going to give them tokens because they are dust... They also stopped writing back. How odd. There was no mention of that at the beginning of the crowdfund but the page kept on changing over time where new rules applied. I hope someone here has kept copies and screenshots of the pages.

TX 1: https://blockchain.info/address/1GGRoVoQpztuEGS5pHvJiaELsr7VZfVFoL for 0.1 BTC

Tx 2: https://blockchain.info/address/12vZ6B4o5R3D5arUJUCk15ZPuxEAW8Gq8j for 0.15 BTC

So I went and traced their transactions on the blockchain and found the crowdsale money has now been moved to one address:

https://blockchain.info/address/3Q8pgRFtxbUp8wtGbtQqRNXPs1B4i6enu1

A whole 6,119.319402 BTC!!! That's crazy!

That multisig address shows the funds are still there as of this moment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: