News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe in god?
Yes - 362 (65.9%)
No - 139 (25.3%)
Other - 48 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 549

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 315974 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:45:40 PM

Everyone who believes in God should have no reason not to believe in the Spaghetti Monster or the Tooth Fairy, because why not?! You can't disprove they don't exist either so why not believe in them as well? http://www.venganza.org/ http://spaghettimonster.com/

Which God? I believe in Shiva and Vishnu, does that count?

I'm sorry, but they don't count because they did not create the universe. They are man-made... long story.

Now let's get some things clear, because we are created beings, we have a hard time imagining a being that was not created. I will not say too much for now, when we die and see God, feel free to ask Him who created Him.

So the entire country of India is going to hell. The subway to hell is going to be pretty full. I'd better make my reservation now. LOL

You are pretty much correct about India. However, two points. One, God has ways to get people to believe in Jesus, possibly without their knowing it. Two, there is a great opportunity here. Let me show you what it is.

When people want something a real lot, they pay big bucks for it. Once in awhile a person will give up his life for a friend. We see this in soldiers in war now and again.

Jesus gave up His life for the sins of all people. This means that all those India people are going to Hell for nothing other than not knowing. Now hold this thought while I go to the next part.

God rewarded Jesus with all authority in Heaven and Earth for what He did. In other words, both God and Jesus wanted all people to be saved. So, what would you do if you wanted something really badly, and somebody gave it to you? Wouldn't you reward that person if you had the ability? God has the ability. And He rewarded Jesus with all authority in Heaven and earth because of what Jesus did. Now, hold this thought as well, while I go on to the next.

Probably most people look for wealth in this life. Let's say that you did an investment that gave you a $million a month, tax free, for life. I am not going to calculate this out, but imagine that it started when you were 20 years old, and you didn't die until you were a hundred. A $million a month for 80 years. Then you die, and it is all gone for you. But if you earned a $million a month for life in Heaven, it would never stop coming because Heaven is forever.

Now put these things together and look at the picture. You get yourself to India and see to it that some of them are saved. Why? Because God wanted it enough that He sent His Son Jesus to die for all those Indians. And He will reward you for all the Indians you get saved. God will reward you BIG because He really wanted it bad. And, God can reward you, because He is God... reward you forever and ever in Heavenly money that will never run dry or wear out, forever.

Stop throwing your potential wealth away. Get out there and get some people saved so you can be wealthy in Heaven forever.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 02:37:41 AM

A poor girl in the Middle East, where they kill women for sex out of marriage, a couple of thousand years ago, afraid of her father, makes up a story about not having sex even though her belly is pushing out like a watermelon, finds a couple of retarded Bedouin camel herders to help her shit out her bastard kid in a dirty barn and you want me to worship the illegimate son of a middle eastern whore?

I'll pass, thanks. LOL

Here she is if she hadn't made up the story of not having sex. Good to know stoning is still in style.

Omega.SportSciencie

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:15:39 AM

A poor girl in the Middle East, where they kill women for sex out of marriage, a couple of thousand years ago, afraid of her father, makes up a story about not having sex even though her belly is pushing out like a watermelon, finds a couple of retarded Bedouin camel herders to help her shit out her bastard kid in a dirty barn and you want me to worship the illegimate son of a middle eastern whore?

I'll pass, thanks. LOL

Here she is if she hadn't made up the story of not having sex. Good to know stoning is still in style.

People thought the same as you at that point, then a couple of old bitches came up and tried to "examine" her thing below, just when they were about to get there, their hands were torched up and they ran scared, just as you will be once you are in hell.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:40:20 AM

I'll pass, thanks. LOL

People thought the same as you at that point, then a couple of old bitches came up and tried to "examine" her thing below, just when they were about to get there, their hands were torched up and they ran scared, just as you will be once you are in hell.

I'm not goin to hell, I'm Hindi. LOL

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:34:57 PM

Yes I do, because many things in this universe points to a deliberate designer who not only created our universe but sustains it today.
If we observe our surroundings and nature our faith in God will become more strong.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:10:25 PM

I believe in god because even scientist didnt know when we are start to live.. and who we are created.. they are just giving a detail that we are made from monkey.. but we didnt see any monkeys turn into human..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:43:15 PM

I believe in god because even scientist didnt know when we are start to live.. and who we are created.. they are just giving a detail that we are made from monkey.. but we didnt see any monkeys turn into human..

Oh boy.. Read more than one book.
We have never seen a wolf turn into a dog. still dogs excist
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:55:41 PM

There's only one God in existence and it's the God of the Bible. Other "gods" are created by Satan to deceive people and to destroy them.

Perhaps you'd care to give us a full report how you came to that highly amusing conclusion?

Then we'll highlight all the flaws in it for you. Cheesy

Nobody could give you a report like that, one that you would understand, that is. But here is the gist of what such a report would say.

The universe is so extremely complex that even if there were multiple beings who created it, they would have to act as one for there to be such complexity with such perfection. No two entities could create this without being One.

Cool

It took you a long time to get here BADecker. Too busy blowing alter boys to come to the latest God thread?

Please tell me one more time about how all the mutant retard babies born every day are in gods master plan. Oh, wait, they were born sinners right. That's why they have flippers instead of arms and legs. LOL

Your right about one thing. The world is complexly fucked up. If this is gods doing we should fire him and get a new god.

This is the doing of mankind... not of God. The fact that you want to defy the Creator shows that mankind is the mistake maker.

Cool

So when you say. Let your will.. bla bla bla. he is powerless if humans interfere. You can pray all you want but the will of humans is stronger than your god
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 07:04:10 PM

You can pray all you want but the will of humans is stronger than your god
+1

One pair of wise hands working can do infinitely more good than one billion foolish idle ones clasped in prayer.

Stop throwing your potential wealth away. Get out there and get some people saved so you can be wealthy in Heaven forever.

Cool
Boy, the religious elite must of really tried hard to surpress their joy when they saw this malleable fool walking up the garden path towards them. He's a real asset to them, they won't let him go easy. You can be sure of that. Cheesy

denarian

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:02:29 PM

Do you believe in god? If you do, why do you believe? (give a few reasons)

of couse I do. in my religion, Islam, we are told that we, humans, and all of things in universe are created by Allah, the God. so we just need to see all around us and think, can human or another creature create all of these? can we create mountains, plants, animals, or ocean? no we can't. even if we all gather and use all the best technology, we can't create a little fly (it's mentioned in Qur'an, but I forget what chapter)

beside that, I found so many proofs in Qur'an about Allah. so if you want to know more, jist read it in translation of your language.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:50:06 PM

We live underneath an artificial steel dome and unless you live in Soviet Russia where dome builds itself, there's a God. 
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:16:40 AM

of couse I do. in my religion, Islam, we are told that we, humans, and all of things in universe are created by Allah, the God. so we just need to see all around us and think, can human or another creature create all of these? can we create mountains, plants, animals, or ocean? no we can't. even if we all gather and use all the best technology, we can't create a little fly (it's mentioned in Qur'an, but I forget what chapter)

beside that, I found so many proofs in Qur'an about Allah. so if you want to know more, jist read it in translation of your language.
i believe in god when i say " god show your miracle now! " and its did it ,
but so far none of your gods can do it ,
i am a practical man , i only believe in myself .
the rest are just story .
krishna1

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:45:01 PM

no i don't belive in god or any festival related to god for me its just waste of time or you can say i have less feelings i think that people around me belive in god and its good that they do i do not want to say they are wrong but i don't want any mercy on me or any help for anything

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:09:14 PM

You can pray all you want but the will of humans is stronger than your god
+1

One pair of wise hands working can do infinitely more good than one billion foolish idle ones clasped in prayer.

Cool
Boy, the religious elite must of really tried hard to surpress their joy when they saw this malleable fool walking up the garden path towards them. He's a real asset to them, they won't let him go easy. You can be sure of that. Cheesy

Since you are so deluded with your own vain words, you will trip yourself up in ways that won't be fun for you. God's protection is leaving you. You are pushing Him away. Change, before there is no turning back for you.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:46:49 PM

god have scenario of each event, i trust god, we must prayer because we need god and god never need your pray.
i think in this world we can see more "magic situation" where god give wonders in the incident.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:24:16 PM

Do I have to believe I have an imagination? No, I just imagine and whooff things start to appear and come into reality.

Do I have to believe in god? No, I just imagine and whooff god starts to appear and come into reality. Its wonderful.  Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:34:29 AM

Do I have to believe I have an imagination? No, I just imagine and whooff things start to appear and come into reality.

Do I have to believe in god? No, I just imagine and whooff god starts to appear and come into reality. Its wonderful.  Smiley

The ways that God works are not well understood. The workings He has planted in the universe are not well understood.

While it is not necessary to have love to be saved, a person without love, but only faith, will have a hard time of life, even if he is saved because of his faith. A person with love will receive the blessings of love, and if he doesn't have faith to be saved, God just might grant him such faith after all.

Cool

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:18:01 AM

I used to believe in God untill I got to that edgy metalhead period then, as we all know, I was the edgelord and would spit on the religion a lot... now, I don't really care that much, now I'm more of a live and let live type...

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:36:37 AM

The questions raised in this thread are very deep ones

1) How could God allow horrific things to occur?

2) How could we know anything at all about an infinite creator when we are finite making him incomprehensible?

These are questions who's answer requires one to delve deep into the rich intellectual history of ethical monotheism. Doing that is hard and requires significant effort and thinking. It is much easier to dismiss God as fable those seeking to learn simpletons.

Rejecting God on these grounds is committing to a foolish error akin to watching a child struggle with addition and concluding that mathematics must be useless and false.

I am far from an expert on religion but I can tell you that there is a vast and incredibly deep body of knowledge, logic and reason at the foundation of monotheism.  

For those truly interested in the topic I will share my prior recommendation. The audio recordings in the bottom link are free.

I wanted to share with anyone who is interested what I am reading at the moment. I have recently started reading the Way of God: Derech Hashem by Moshe Chaim Luzzatto.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/087306769X/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1/159-3751462-6767111?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=NM9R7T16A9G2147WGMJX&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1944687722&pf_rd_i=1598264672

It is an older classic 18th century philosophical book. It is very logical and is set out in parts that are divided into a few chapters. The parts are:
1. Fundamentals, covering The Creator, Man, Human Responsibility.
2. Providence, covering Providence in General, Individual Providence, How Providence Works.
3. The Soul, Inspiration and Prophecy, with The Soul and Its Influence, Theurgy, The Prophetic Experience.
4. Serving God, Love and Fear of God, Prayer, Seasonal Commandments.

There is a free class in Seattle that is currently going through this book chapter by chapter taught by Mark Spiro.
Geography unfortunately prevents me from attending his class but audio recordings of it and discussions of each chapter are available for free here.

http://www.livingjudaism.com/the-way-of-god.html

Both Moshe Chaim Luzzatto and Mark Spiro approach the issue from the Jewish tradition but I think anyone interested in God or religion will find it worthwhile. I do and I am not Jewish.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:59:26 AM

If man spent half the time throughout history embracing real knowledge and science that was spent quivering in fear created by ancient mythology and killing in the name of God we would already be colonizing other planets, have cured cancer and ended world hunger.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 189 »
  Print  

Jump to: