Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no competition  (Read 43147 times)
4x4et

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:15:43 PM

Bitcon at $921.  Grin

This is great, this time next year, we are all gonna be millionaires.  Cheesy

apart from being offtopic in here, your comment doesn't make much sense. bitcoin price wasn't minus one million a week or month ago. it was actually pretty high and this rise is not that big despite people saying it is. it is about 17% profit over a couple of weeks after a couple of months of stability.

and i have never seen anybody become a millionaire with 17% profit! unless theya re already a millionaire Cheesy

You obviously didn't watch Only fools and horses  Grin

btw Bitcoin @ $932  Grin

CHEAP GOOGLE VOICE ACCOUNTS, TORRENT INVITES, E-BOOKS, AND MANY MORE - PM ME

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 05:18:18 PM

It is a first-come first-served game mostly

I agree to this.  As long as there is no competent cryptocurrency to challenge Bitcoin.  This will always prevail.
Bitcoin had been the leader when it comes to people adoption.  It is observed since they are the first one to be successful in tapping many investors and users.  And once people set their belief on something, it is not easy to be taken away.  Unless this so called competitor create their own set of base users , and be successful in creating their own circles of users greater than Bitcoin's,  we can see no competition because definitely Bitcoin will just outshine them.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:23:18 PM

Yea I think bitcoin has no competition. As for now new crypto currencies are trying their level best to match up with bitcoins. But they are failing. So after for now bicoin has no competition

As of now gold and other presious stones only competition for gold. In few years bitcoin would be the best stock around the world. Still i do not know why any government not accepting bitcoin is the centralized money.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:30:51 PM

Yea I think bitcoin has no competition. As for now new crypto currencies are trying their level best to match up with bitcoins. But they are failing. So after for now bicoin has no competition

As of now gold and other presious stones only competition for gold. In few years bitcoin would be the best stock around the world. Still i do not know why any government not accepting bitcoin is the centralized money.

Bitcoin is not centralized, it is decentralized which is the only common reason why governments are not accepting it, because they will not be able to track the transactions and money being circulated in the way of bitcoins, and so there is no possibility left for them to trace black-marketers, drug sellers, dark market dealers and terrorist activities which include money laundering.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:35:38 PM

Bitcoin is not centralized, it is decentralized which is the only common reason why governments are not accepting it, because they will not be able to track the transactions and money being circulated in the way of bitcoins, and so there is no possibility left for them to trace black-marketers, drug sellers, dark market dealers and terrorist activities which include money laundering.

Oh, they do accept it, at some point the USA government was one of the biggest bitcoin holders in the world.

You'll be amazed on how traceable bitcoin is, and it will become even more as it is adopted by more and more people.

c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:47:40 PM

Oh, they do accept it, at some point the USA government was one of the biggest bitcoin holders in the world.

You'll be amazed on how traceable bitcoin is, and it will become even more as it is adopted by more and more people.

Yes, Bitcoin is traceable. In fact, there are several companies which specialize in tracing Bitcoin transactions for law enforcement. See the links on this page for more details:
https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

This is not a problem per se. It depends on the use case of the transaction. For transactions where transparency is desired, BTC is the way to go. That's why more and more businesses are using BTC.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 05:52:12 PM

Bitcoin is not very good for all these illegal activities

It is plain old cash that shines here, and maybe gold coins, to a degree (but there are a lot of counterfeit coins, so beware). Governments could easily accept Bitcoin as long as the owners of Bitcoin wallets and addresses remain identified. And I'm even not mentioning that Bitcoin is quite traceable on its own, as other posters have already pointed out. So it is not the reason why governments are not very interested in Bitcoin overall. At most, they would agree to consider it as a foreign currency of sorts, but which government wants competition with the currency it happens to print itself?

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:17:17 PM

All those FUDsters that where saying year ago how Bitcoin would fail because another currency would take over get proven wrong year after year. The more time Bticoin is alive, the stronger it gets and the bigger the network effect. Sorry but there will not be a Bitcoin 2.0. Bitcoin will go to 100k+ per coin in the next 5 to 10 years, it will absorb all the value researched in the field if not directly through protocol improvements then through sidechains.

Bitcoin will remain the only solid coin. The only coin that survived for the longest time (other coins can't claim this unless they invent a time machine).
There will be alts that pump really hard and make people millionaires, but no alt is going to surpass Bitcoin's strength and solidity. No coin will get a bigger marketcap. In the long term people holding 21+ BTC will be rewarded by history with rich-tier status for seeing the value in it before most people did. Do not let the FUDsters trick your mind or the trolls try to derrail the excellent job being done by Core devs.

Let's continue then our path towards inevitable triumph.

There might be a new coin that can compete with bitcoin, it's called Grancoin

Are you serious or you are just trolling, I have never heard of your coin. For now Bitcoin is the Boss, even the other projects acknowledge this.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:22:42 PM

All those FUDsters that where saying year ago how Bitcoin would fail because another currency would take over get proven wrong year after year. The more time Bticoin is alive, the stronger it gets and the bigger the network effect. Sorry but there will not be a Bitcoin 2.0. Bitcoin will go to 100k+ per coin in the next 5 to 10 years, it will absorb all the value researched in the field if not directly through protocol improvements then through sidechains.

Bitcoin will remain the only solid coin. The only coin that survived for the longest time (other coins can't claim this unless they invent a time machine).
There will be alts that pump really hard and make people millionaires, but no alt is going to surpass Bitcoin's strength and solidity. No coin will get a bigger marketcap. In the long term people holding 21+ BTC will be rewarded by history with rich-tier status for seeing the value in it before most people did. Do not let the FUDsters trick your mind or the trolls try to derrail the excellent job being done by Core devs.

Let's continue then our path towards inevitable triumph.

There might be a new coin that can compete with bitcoin, it's called Grancoin

Are you serious or you are just trolling, I have never heard of your coin. For now Bitcoin is the Boss, even the other projects acknowledge this.
Everything gets old after the effect of hype subdues. I think right now cryptocurrencies is still growing as it is not yet prominent in all of the countries which means it has room to grow. Right now only a few percentage of the world's population know anything about Bitcoin we can say that Bitcoin's future is still safe to be considered that it has no competition but every year there are new kinds of innovation that has a chance to dethrone Bitcoin. It is only a matter of time.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:40:50 PM

It doesn't for now, but I think it will have a few competitors pretty soon: Monero, Gold and Silver. I think this will happen because of the recent events that will affect them and their prices, probably in a positive way. The economy is going down worldwide, heading maybe to something like 2008.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:24:35 AM

Yea I think bitcoin has no competition. As for now new crypto currencies are trying their level best to match up with bitcoins. But they are failing. So after for now Bitcoin has no competition
Yeah , you are right and the main reason behind the fail of new altcoin is publicity , which is more Bitcoin have , So here is the competition much but due to economical problem the competition is retarded to down .
Thats why the  Bitcoin is much powerful in virtual money world and making every new coin only down to own .

It's true Bitcoin has much more publicity then other altcoins but to my opinion still not enough. In fact good publicity and marketing is something that Bitcoin is seriously missing to become more adopted and more popular among common users. Hope this will change in the future.

I do understand your point about the promoting of bitcoin, but why to waste milions to make people research about bitcoin if they arent searching for those? My point is we are promoting bitcoin online, for those which does work online, buys and sell online, does wanna earn some extra money, we are doing this for 0 dollars, we are promoting a currencie and payment option that can take years till be recognized if it will, but we are the best promoters since we are bringing new people interested into the same as us.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:24:45 AM

Well it seems like it. The price keeps getting higher. TBH Bitcoin is really the only crypto I'm currently familiar with. I see some movements in other altcoins but it looks like they'd spike and then crash, not unlike bitcoins steady rise.

It definitely benefited from being a pioneer coin.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:34:29 AM

Well it seems like it. The price keeps getting higher. TBH Bitcoin is really the only crypto I'm currently familiar with. I see some movements in other altcoins but it looks like they'd spike and then crash, not unlike bitcoins steady rise.

A cryptocurrencies' success does not always depend on having a high price or not. We can't really tell something is better because it is more expensive sometimes they don't belong to the same category. Well to be honest in terms of users Bitcoin is leading the cryptocurrency world also the demand of it getting higher and higher everybody which means is it still # 1.
Hitomi

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:28:21 AM

Bitcoin has been steadily losing market cap dominance, from 90%+ just two years ago to ~80% today.

I could release mysmellyarsecoin tomorrow, print 20 million tokens, hype the shit out of it and put ten up for sale. Hey presto, I've just taken 10% of Bitcoin's market cap.

The coins that have taken Bitcoin's market cap have precisely zero use. That's when they're not forking all over the place.

The main use for all of it is still speculation by a long, long way. Bitcoin is the only one with a sliver of utility. Once that sliver grows, and there really isn't anything else with any utility, then the speculation will recede.

People can of course reward utility to other coins easily enough. There isn't any reason Doge couldn't do just as good a job, but comes a time when people have to settle on what they're going to reward value to otherwise it all turns to dust.

That's still Bitcoin and every day that it remains Bitcoin makes it stronger.

I agree on your argument, why? because of your arguments could we know that bitcoin will make a wealthy have become more enthusiastic in doing the job. use bitcoin was also seen easily jka we deal with it or do it in earnest. but all returned to their respective personal self, would seriously or not?
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:38:33 AM

A cryptocurrencies' success does not always depend on having a high price or not. We can't really tell something is better because it is more expensive sometimes they don't belong to the same category. Well to be honest in terms of users Bitcoin is leading the cryptocurrency world also the demand of it getting higher and higher everybody which means is it still # 1.
It would be still no.1 as of these days because its being considered the father of all crypto which means its really hard to put a competition againsts it but for me i could say there would really be a time that bitcoin would meet its rival in near future because nothing in this world puts always it place on the top and technology will uprgrade and would somehow start up a new competition to bitcoin.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:50:57 AM

Bitcoin has no competition

LOL, Cheesy

Keep on believing that BTC has no competition delusion, that way the expressions on your faces will be priceless when BTC loses to it's competition.

BTC has already lost the micropayments industry to every other crypto which can do it faster and cheaper.
But you don't see that do you.
or
the fact the higher the price per coin the higher the cost of transfer fees,

So you are basically Blind to all of the Competition BTC does have.
They don't let Blind people drive cars because they will crash,
and here we have an entire community blind to what is happening around them,
BTC will Crash and Burn , because none of you can swerve to miss the roadblocks ahead.  Cheesy

Cool
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:51:30 AM

We are living in digital world so all crypto currencies will be prioritized use in next years.
And Bitcoin has been chosen as 1st digital currency. After many years of existing, Bitcoin has been accepted by many people in the world
and it is considered as central digital currency for swapping each other.
Bitcoin has no competition.
As pioneer, bitcoin will always hold the crown. Although there is strong altcoin called ETH. But so many people in the world and deep web which keep use it. I think there is still always competition.
uchma7

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:39:48 AM

In the world of cryptocoins, bitcoin stands as an instrument for measuring standard. It really has no competition and i don't see it having any in the near future.
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:06:06 AM

We are living in digital world so all crypto currencies will be prioritized use in next years.
And Bitcoin has been chosen as 1st digital currency. After many years of existing, Bitcoin has been accepted by many people in the world
and it is considered as central digital currency for swapping each other.
Bitcoin has no competition.
As pioneer, bitcoin will always hold the crown. Although there is strong altcoin called ETH. But so many people in the world and deep web which keep use it. I think there is still always competition.
Bitcoin will not always hold the crown, if bitcoin isn't going to scale but other coins do, then I could easily see bitcoin becoming an old dusty slow coin that nobody uses anymore. Bitcoin still has the advantage of the infrastructure that it currently has but that can change very quickly.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:14:05 AM

Absolutely, Bitcoin is the father of the crypto currency world. No one even do get a 10% price of it, especially now as it goes $956 Seriously? how would alt coins competes with it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: