Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:23:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no competition  (Read 43147 times)
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:51:53 PM

At the moment, it has no competition and I forsee it remaining this way for a long time. Bitcoin is the premier cryptocurrency and the rest look up to it for ideas and improvements hence it will have no competition until a better cryptocurrency arrives and I don't think it's in the near future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 10:32:29 PM

At the moment, it has no competition and I forsee it remaining this way for a long time. Bitcoin is the premier cryptocurrency and the rest look up to it for ideas and improvements hence it will have no competition until a better cryptocurrency arrives and I don't think it's in the near future.

Bitcoin has lots of competitors but glad to say at this point they are far behind.  It is really the first mover that made Bitcoin this popular.  As the pioneer and first decentralized blockchain, people was amazed and enthusiastically promote Bitcoin.  It effect never waned but I'm afraid he scaling issue will be the biggest set back of Bitcoin if not solved.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:38:00 PM

it may take some time but there will be, either Eth or DASH will soon rise you to compete BTC with almost same price. the crypto market has been exposed to people who are looking for investment through the help of SEC and now they are gathering as much as they can. prices will soon rise.
You must be joking. Litecoin, the oldest altcoin hasn't made it even half way and you think the others will? Altcoin investors are usually in for a quick buck and they will cash out multiple times crashing the price. For an altcoin to reach 500$ or 600$ there would have to be a miracle, in other words Bitcoin would have to fork or have a fatal flaw exposed for people to drop it and invest in one of the alts. The investment has to come from somewhere and there's not enough interest in altcoins for people to push one of them to the same market cap that Bitcoin has.

bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:50:03 AM

I am not using any other crypto currency at the moment, but I don't think any of them will ever overtake bitcoin. Its the standard of all, its like money now, do you see money competing with anything else? I really don't see that. So I feel bitcoin will hold it own in the market and would probably keep growing.
It is true that  no altcoin can overtake the value of bitcoin, though in some terms of technology which altcoin it has more features that is more greater than bitcoin, because there are some altcoin selling a goods like debit card which bitcoin can't do, and because of this things altcoin is helping bitcoin to promote it as well,  though it may not increase like the value of bitcoin has it now.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:07:42 AM

it may take some time but there will be, either Eth or DASH will soon rise you to compete BTC with almost same price. the crypto market has been exposed to people who are looking for investment through the help of SEC and now they are gathering as much as they can. prices will soon rise.

I don't think so this will happen in next 5 years, Dash has tedency to increase their price but to compete bitcoin it take a long time. Replacement of bitcoin is possible but not as easy as you think, bitcoin will give tough time to one who wants to replace bitcoin.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:24:54 AM

I don't think so this will happen in next 5 years, Dash has tedency to increase their price but to compete bitcoin it take a long time. Replacement of bitcoin is possible but not as easy as you think, bitcoin will give tough time to one who wants to replace bitcoin.
It's not even happening, bitcoin is more stronger than Dash and it's obvious when you compare the value and the number of people adopting it. Bitcoin is still the most dominant crypto currency and will continue be the number one because we are supporting it. There are whales who are holding a big volume of bitcoins and they will not allow any crypto currency to surpass the popularity of bitcoin. Also, if you check on the services online especially the gambling sites, most of them are using bitcoin while only small number of sites are accepting altcoins at the same time.

nexchange

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 05:35:50 AM

The trend seems to be people hyping up some coin and then everyone starts buying it, then something happens and people start running back to Bitcoin. How much of this is manipulation of the

markets, will probably never be known. Bitcoin is to Crypto currency, like Gold is for other commodities... a safe heaven against the storm.  Roll Eyes ...The Mommy to run to, when you get hurt.  Wink ... The

Mother of All Crypto currencies.  Grin Grin Grin

Thats a great analogy my friend Smiley
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:09:10 AM

Bitcoin as an alternate has got more competence than the other digital currency that's been circulating around the digital network. people have starting give importance as an investment. This is a major advantage for the bitcoin to be strong enough in the lead.

hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:58:03 AM

Among all the cryptocurrencies , bitcoins price is high . It doesnt mean that bitcoin has no competition. Bitcoin is more popular and familiar to common people because it is the first of its kind and  people started to buy bitcoins. Because of that it price increases day by day and it always appears in the headlines of all news portal. All other coins are not so popular. Thats why people prefer bitcoin than other altcoins. Now altcoins also started to get popular. In the near future they can also become a good competitor to bitcoin.

Bitcoin just got the highest price thats why many people use it. But thay also use other cryptocurrency because they also want to earn bitcoin, if you know what I mean.
They mine other altcoins because it is easy to mine than bitcoin. Bitcoin is really hard now to mine, thats why we just mine altcoin and trade it to bitcoin.
yes that is a fact that people are purchasing bitcoin because they are expecting that the  price of bitcoin will increase more and and we can see that the price is trading above 1250 and still its price is continuously increasing
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:31:43 AM

Among all the cryptocurrencies , bitcoins price is high . It doesnt mean that bitcoin has no competition. Bitcoin is more popular and familiar to common people because it is the first of its kind and  people started to buy bitcoins. Because of that it price increases day by day and it always appears in the headlines of all news portal. All other coins are not so popular. Thats why people prefer bitcoin than other altcoins. Now altcoins also started to get popular. In the near future they can also become a good competitor to bitcoin.

Bitcoin just got the highest price thats why many people use it. But thay also use other cryptocurrency because they also want to earn bitcoin, if you know what I mean.
They mine other altcoins because it is easy to mine than bitcoin. Bitcoin is really hard now to mine, thats why we just mine altcoin and trade it to bitcoin.
yes that is a fact that people are purchasing bitcoin because they are expecting that the  price of bitcoin will increase more and and we can see that the price is trading above 1250 and still its price is continuously increasing

Yes bitcoin attract more because of  the price rise especially before the ETF decision by SEC. But is has competition on the alt-coins market, like Etherum who is gaining a good volume of transactions lately and even got it ATH as well. But I think bitcoin price will continue to rise up so even If there's competition, bitcoin will just leave them behind in my opinion.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:32:49 PM

Yes bitcoin attract more because of  the price rise especially before the ETF decision by SEC. But is has competition on the alt-coins market, like Etherum who is gaining a good volume of transactions lately and even got it ATH as well. But I think bitcoin price will continue to rise up so even If there's competition, bitcoin will just leave them behind in my opinion.
yes not a single currency can compete with bitcoin, bitcoin is the world number one currency can will always remain as number i do not think that there is any single currency which can take the place of bitcoin.
soul-impact

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:58:34 PM

yes not a single currency can compete with bitcoin, bitcoin is the world number one currency can will always remain as number i do not think that there is any single currency which can take the place of bitcoin.
No. Even the prices of Bitcoin is very high, we can not deny that there are still many cryptocurrencies out there which are stronger and more effective than Bitcoin. Ethereum, zcash, Dash, Litecoin, etc are all Bitcoin competitors and you can only realize how useful it can be when you use it everyday

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:10:38 PM

No. Even the prices of Bitcoin is very high, we can not deny that there are still many cryptocurrencies out there which are stronger and more effective than Bitcoin. Ethereum, zcash, Dash, Litecoin, etc are all Bitcoin competitors and you can only realize how useful it can be when you use it everyday

Strong in what way? Because if you meant about strong support in the supply and demand, it's obvious that bitcoin is on top of any other coins. Maybe other coins are much more effective than bitcoin when it comes to transaction time but it's still not enough reason for bitcoin users to switch to another coin.

That's another problem. Personally, I've never used those coins, let alone use them everyday. People will never realize how useful some altcoins are because most of us think, and it's actually the case, that altcoins are just there so that we can trade something and earn money from it.

Yamato Tatsuki

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:12:13 PM

I remember that March 13 2017 ETF call out... even they refuse to sign it, the bitcoin has tons of support.
Bitcoins would not fail us.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 04:59:42 PM

If they are so strong, why are they so cheap?

I don't deny that some of altcoins may be more handy or just better in a certain field of application, for example, Litecoin transactions are inexpensive and pretty fast. But if we are to honestly face the facts and skip bullshit, Bitcoin is by far the most popular coin among cryptocurrencies. As to me, that's the main measure of coin success. In other words, the features that make any other specific currency better and stronger than Bitcoin (according to you) are still not enough to make them more popular than Bitcoin

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

If they are so strong, why are they so cheap?

They are strong, but they don't have more publicity like Bitcoin that is why it's cheaper than Bitcoin. But in future, any one of then may give competition to Bitcoin. Why Bitcoin is more popular means all online gambling site are promoting this currency and many people are invested on Bitcoin that is why the Bitcoin price is so high.
Fireblazer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:18:33 PM

If you pay attention to other crypto currencies, bitcoin is not the only one of its kind, but it is users who make valuable crypto currency due to the demand, and consequently popularity. But if you consider the real currency as a competitor bitcoin, then I think that this is wrong.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 11:09:38 PM

If you pay attention to other crypto currencies, bitcoin is not the only one of its kind, but it is users who make valuable crypto currency due to the demand, and consequently popularity. But if you consider the real currency as a competitor bitcoin, then I think that this is wrong.

Well if fiat currency is Bitcoin competitor I can say Bitcoin had already lost its battle.  But in terms of cryptocurrency, Bitcoin being the first mover has almost no competitor at all.  Almost those that wanted to overthrow Bitcoin as leading cryptocurrency failed the moment they intend to do so.
Adelajda

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:41:17 PM

Until recently i thought that there wont be any real competitors for bitcoin but in the last couple of weeks the rest of the alt coins has being on a good run and is breaking their ATH's and it makes me think about the possibility of other alts to challenge bitcoin at one point in the future.
shinratensei_
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1024

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:54:59 PM

Until recently i thought that there wont be any real competitors for bitcoin but in the last couple of weeks the rest of the alt coins has being on a good run and is breaking their ATH's and it makes me think about the possibility of other alts to challenge bitcoin at one point in the future.
What about DASH, a lot of his shils are screaming about the dash will take the bitcoin's place.
It seems like the altcoin gets a lot of the new demand in this time, and ethereum have the big chance to become a competitor for bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: