Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:32:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253578 times)
MrPresident

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 09:50:26 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 10:28:10 PM by MrPresident

Can't put all your eggs in one basket.
Indeed, proper/careful portfolio egg distribution is vital to making steady profits... good advice.
This is what makes the index's so attractive, besides just dividends on ICN.

... Someone asked early on...
 "What would stop peeps from just copying the moves the index makes instead of buying in?"
Nothing, and I hope they do.
Why?
That would mean they bought in after our index did, driving our portfolios up all the faster.  Shocked

To throw them off even further, they have no way of knowing if the index is shorting on margin or going long or at what time. The formulae/algo for that is kept secret. They will likely get butt-hurt trying to mimic the index fund. Performance fund is different however, because it's an ico fund.

The Performance Fund is the best option for longer-term holders IMO because the blockchain revolution has barely begun; therefore, there is likely to be thousands of successful ico's within the next couple years alone. The market is "Wide open", with endless gaps and niches to fill.

If Fontas or someone from Whaleclub doesn't create a fund on the Iconomi platform within a month of it's launch, I would like to personally create such an index.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magc16

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 10:27:48 PM

Do i need create wallet contract in Etherum to receive ICN token ?

You don't need to create a contract - just input your Ethereum wallet address on ICONOMI site (to which you hold private keys). If you will be sending ICN tokens elsewhere later on from your wallet you will need ETH for transaction fees.

I generated a wallet from myetherwallet.  Is this enough, even though ICN is currently not showing up on myetherwallet?  If ICN gets sent to this ether address, it will be always associated with this address, right?  I will eventually see the ICN?
ICN will release the "Token contract address" on the 11th.
You then go to the "contracts" tab, scroll down to "Watch Token", click it, and enter the watch address Iconomi gives.
That's it.

'watch token'  can be done on myetherwallet? 
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 10:29:51 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 10:42:33 PM by MrPresident

'watch token'  can be done on myetherwallet?  

No, the dev's at myetherwallet would need to add icn to the token watchlist.
They may do it at launch if enough peeps nag the myetherwallet team (hint)

*This is in no way an endorsement of using website wallets.

Mist seems to be working great btw
I'm guessing that when we add the "watch token" address that it will be for the entire wallet, all accounts?

Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 10:45:24 PM

Can't put all your eggs in one basket.
The Performance Fund is the best option for longer-term holders IMO because the blockchain revolution has barely begun; therefore, there is likely to be thousands of successful ico's within the next couple years alone. The market is "Wide open", with endless gaps and niches to fill.

This coin is great for diversifying. Thousands of ICOs will come out and some will be really big winners. My "Anything Anywhere" decentralized classifieds on a map will probably be one of the big winners. The ICO will be coming out soon so hopefully the ICONOMI performance fund will be ready in time to get on it.

If these people can pick out the winners for us at a small fee, that's the best thing ever!

magc16

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 10:58:56 PM

I'm guessing that when we add the "watch token" address that it will be for the entire wallet, all accounts?

Mist is out of the question right now. I can't seem to get it all synched (my internet speed is not up to par). But in the meantime, I just want to know for sure that even though myetherwallet does NOT add ICN, using ETH address from that site will keep my ICN safe?  Even if it's invisible?   If I must, I will eventually add Mist and import the ETH address and be able to see ICN?  Is my understanding correct?
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 11:12:37 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 11:24:27 PM by MrPresident

Mist is out of the question right now. I can't seem to get it all synched (my internet speed is not up to par). But in the meantime, I just want to know for sure that even though myetherwallet does NOT add ICN, using ETH address from that site will keep my ICN safe?  Even if it's invisible?   If I must, I will eventually add Mist and import the ETH address and be able to see ICN?  Is my understanding correct?
If you are totally unable to download or sync an official wallet, my suggestion would be to leave it on the site, make sure you enable 2fa, and then when the platform is launched, it will already be there for you to manage. If you're wanting to get it to an exchange for trading, just keep it there and wait for the exchange to issue ICN addresses for you to tx to.

Just keep in mind though, when it's on an exchange, you no longer own the keys to that wallet, and the keyholder gets the dividends. Also, popular places like polo have deposit and withdrawal limits, which will throttle dividend hopping. So in short; it is best to store the ICN in a wallet you own the keys to.

ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:20:50 PM

This dividends will bout ICN in a rocket to moon.

The price will reach 1000% easy

MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 11:28:02 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 11:44:21 PM by MrPresident

Funny thought....

If for some reason ICN moved to Lisk, we would instantly have ICN Classic left on the Ethereum chain.
So in other words, this is not likely to happen unless Ethereum suffers total meltdown....
...but nice to know even Ethereum can't stop this TRAIN!!!

Iconomi could still dev up a lisk platform for ICN both as an addition to it's existing ownership base, as well as a backup refuge for worst-case Ethereum chain disaster scenario....

Just got an email containing important tid-bit all should know...

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:44:23 PM

This dividends will bout ICN in a rocket to moon.

The price will reach 1000% easy

Are you aware that dividends to rise need time ?? Cheesy
When you start business there is gap between effort and revenue after one year - six months
so ICONOMI can go 10x but not at next day being on exchange.
Those guys need to be successful at trading, at getting good clients and partners.
So far they show that they can do that and they are really hard working.
But task is far from "easy"

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
marilyngroom

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:54:09 PM

Mist is out of the question right now. I can't seem to get it all synched (my internet speed is not up to par). But in the meantime, I just want to know for sure that even though myetherwallet does NOT add ICN, using ETH address from that site will keep my ICN safe?  Even if it's invisible?   If I must, I will eventually add Mist and import the ETH address and be able to see ICN?  Is my understanding correct?
If you are totally unable to download or sync an official wallet, my suggestion would be to leave it on the site, make sure you enable 2fa, and then when the platform is launched, it will already be there for you to manage. If you're wanting to get it to an exchange for trading, just keep it there and wait for the exchange to issue ICN addresses for you to tx to.

Just keep in mind though, when it's on an exchange, you no longer own the keys to that wallet, and the keyholder gets the dividends. Also, popular places like polo have deposit and withdrawal limits, which will throttle dividend hopping. So in short; it is best to store the ICN in a wallet you own the keys to.

Isn't that in a sense a flaw, that they keep the dividends. They should do something about having their users get the dividends, else it's just free money for the exchanges. That could also mean low volume.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:20:44 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 12:37:28 AM by MoveCrypto

https://ethstats.net/

It usually costs about 21000 gas for an average ETH transaction

There is a current limit of 1500000 gas per 1 block

That means maximum of 71 transactions per block (although blocks have been hitting the limit with only 10 or 20 transactions lately)

Roughly 3000 transactions to distribute all the ICN = ~42 blocks

There is 1 block per ~14 seconds, meaning 42 blocks would take 10 minutes

Realistically, it will probably take 1+ hour to distribute all the ICN, because a lot of transactions are competing for the 1.5MM gas in each block

How is it decided which ETH addresses are going into the first blocks?

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:29:36 AM

I am not a twitter or Facebook bounty participant.I only joined signature campaign.Whats wrong with my posts?If you can't pay for signature than why signature spreadsheet was finalized with to much fault?Who the fuck is campaign managers?correct the spreadsheet and mark all the spammer,or pay me my bounty.I am not begging you,it's my money which I invested.if time=money then every signature participants invested their money into iconomi.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:37:11 AM

https://ethstats.net/

And someone made an interesting point about cost of sending out dividends

(21000 gas/transaction)×(3500 transactions) = 73500000 gas

Current gas price is 0.000000021727 ETH/gas

(73500000 gas)×(0.000000021727 ETH/gas) = 1.5969345 ETH

Cost of roughly 1.6 ETH per week or 83.2 ETH per year to send out dividends

Not bad at all compared to regular stocks I owned which would send out paper checks in the mail.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 12:38:50 AM

It would seem like there will be a demand for ETH later as the rest of us will buy eth for their myethwallet gas to make transactins successful. Time to buy eth.

Anyone recieve their ICN

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
magc16

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:40:47 AM

I already entered myetherwallet address to Iconomi website.  Do you know if ICN's are automatically transferred to the ETH address (all at once)?  Or do we have an option to transfer out any amount that we choose?  

I'm nervous at this point.  What if all ICNs get transferred automatically, but myetherwallet has not added ICN's?  Will I lose all ICN's?
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 12:44:31 AM

Isn't that in a sense a flaw, that they keep the dividends. They should do something about having their users get the dividends, else it's just free money for the exchanges. That could also mean low volume.

Yes, but It would ofc be a flaw of the exchange's doing if they do not connect the ETH wallet address provided in your account the ICN/ETH wallet they provide. It is entirely in their hands. Just be aware that the likely outcome is that they will keep the dividends, because most exchanges keep the bulk of crypto's in a cold wallet.

MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 12:46:20 AM

I already entered myetherwallet address to Iconomi website.  Do you know if ICN's are automatically transferred to the ETH address (all at once)?  Or do we have an option to transfer out any amount that we choose?  

I'm nervous at this point.  What if all ICNs get transferred automatically, but myetherwallet has not added ICN's?  Will I lose all ICN's?
I doubt it will be automatic. You will probably get to choose the amount, or at the very least be required to hit "send" and do 2fa.... and yes, if myetherwallet doesn't add ICN and you sent them there, you're screwed until they do add ICN.

magc16

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:49:53 AM

I doubt it will be automatic. You will probably get to choose the amount, or at the very least be required to hit "send" and do 2fa.... and yes, if myetherwallet doesn't add ICN, you're screwed until they do.

ok, good to know. "Screwed" is a strong word.  hahahaha.  I'll have to take out the ETH address for now.
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:50:15 AM

Don't panic, if you have the private keys of the wallet your ICN are safe.
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 01:01:20 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 01:33:24 AM by MrPresident

Don't panic, if you have the private keys of the wallet your ICN are safe.
True but he's unable to sync a wallet. (Internet connection limits)

Parity may be a solution for him

mag16:

your nervousness was warranted after all

Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: