Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:44:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rikur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:03:03 AM

General benefits
Question book-new.svg
   This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (January 2013)

[2]

§102(b)(6) shareholders are not liable for corporate debts.
    §109(a) shareholders have the right to change the bylaws.

§141(a) 'The business and affairs of every corporation organized under this chapter shall be managed by or under the direction of a board of directors, except as may be otherwise provided in this chapter or in its certificate of incorporation.' So there is a requirement for a board of directors or a comparable organ.
    §141(b) the board's quorum for director meetings cannot be under one third.
    §141(c) committees of the board cannot be given authority to amend the certificate of incorporation, merge, or recommend dissolution or sale to shareholders, or amend by laws.
    §141(d), a director can serve no longer than three years, and if the board is classified one class must stand for election each year
    §141(k) states that directors can be removed without any cause, unless the board is "classified", meaning that directors only come up for re-appointment on different years. If the board is classified, then directors cannot be removed unless there is gross misconduct.
    §170, regulation of distributions.

§202(b), restrictions on transferability of stock cannot be imposed on shares previously issued without the shareholder's consent.
    §211, there must be an annual meeting of shareholders for election of directors and (d) shareholder meetings can only be called if the constitution allows for it.
    §216, the quorum for shareholder meetings cannot be less than one-third of those entitled to vote. Also allows for plurality voting.
    §218, a voting trust cannot last longer than ten years.
    §219, shareholders have the right to inspect the shareholder register within ten days of a meeting.
    §220, right to inspect corporations books and record for a proper purpose at any time.
    §242(b)(1) any constitutional amendment requires a resolution by the directors, and then a majority vote of shareholders, and the affected classes.
    §271, sale of substantially all the corporation requires majority shareholder approval.
    §275, dissolution of the corporation requires majority shareholder approval.
    §262, shareholders dissenting from a merger have the right to be bought out at a fair value ("appraisal rights").
    §327, shareholders have the right to a derivative claim for a breach of duties of care or loyalty.

Legal benefits

Because of the extensive experience of the Delaware courts, Delaware has a more well-developed body of case law than other states, which serves to give corporations and their counsel greater guidance on matters of corporate governance and transaction liability issues. Disputes over the internal affairs of Delaware corporations are usually filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery, which is a separate court of equity[3] (as opposed to a court of law). Because it is a court of equity, there are no juries, and its cases are heard by the judges, called chancellors. Since 1989, the court has consisted of one Chancellor and four Vice Chancellors. The court is a trial court, with one chancellor hearing each case. Litigants may appeal final decisions of the Court of Chancery to the Delaware Supreme Court.

Delaware has also attracted some major credit card banks because of its relaxed rules regarding interest. Many U.S. states have usury laws limiting the amount of interest a lender can charge. Federal law allows a national bank to "import" these laws from the state in which its principal office is located.[4] Delaware (amongst others) has relatively relaxed interest laws, so several national banks have decided to locate their principal office in Delaware. National banks are, however, corporations formed under federal law, not Delaware law. A corporation formed under Delaware state law benefits from the relaxed interest rules to the extent it conducts business in Delaware, but is subject to restrictions of other states' laws if it conducts business in other states.

Pursuant to the "internal affairs doctrine," corporations which act in more than one state are subject only to the laws of their state of incorporation with regard to the regulation of the internal affairs of the corporation.[5] As a result, Delaware corporations are subject almost exclusively to Delaware law, even when they do business in other states. Among other reasons, this contributes to Delaware's attractiveness as a state of incorporation.[6]

While most states require a for-profit corporation to have at least one director and two officers, Delaware laws do not have this restriction. All offices may be held by a single person who also can be the sole shareholder. The person, who does not need to be US citizen or resident, may also operate anonymously with only the Listing Agent with whom the company is registered with Delaware named. This proves advantageous in civil suits as the owner or owners cannot be disclosed under Delaware Law and thus are safe from being sued alongside the company. However, this does not apply if the civil suit is in regards to having committed a criminal act which the business has been found guilty of in court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_corporation
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:09:31 AM

New image of Avalon's shopping cart with the 6 Avalon's and the chip order.

Also, image of the 10,000 chip order.

https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC profile->images

Thanks! Waiting eagerly to see another 10k chip order in there! Grin
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:10:25 AM

Thanks! Waiting eagerly to see another 10k chip order in there! Grin

Yes, Working on spinning up Avalon's reference boards now.
Vbs

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:15:42 AM

(...)
While most states require a for-profit corporation to have at least one director and two officers, Delaware laws do not have this restriction. All offices may be held by a single person who also can be the sole shareholder. The person, who does not need to be US citizen or resident, may also operate anonymously with only the Listing Agent with whom the company is registered with Delaware named. This proves advantageous in civil suits as the owner or owners cannot be disclosed under Delaware Law and thus are safe from being sued alongside the company. However, this does not apply if the civil suit is in regards to having committed a criminal act which the business has been found guilty of in court.
(...)

Could it be... Kenneth E. Slaughter!?!?  Shocked Lips sealed Shocked Lips sealed Shocked Lips sealed Shocked
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:16:01 AM

Is there a general timeline for when you'll be receiving bought hashing power?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:28:58 AM

(...)
(...)

Could it be... Kenneth E. Slaughter!?!?  Shocked Lips sealed Shocked Lips sealed Shocked Lips sealed Shocked

Arrr yes, the elusive and anonymous Kenneth E. Slaughter.

rikur, enough already.

lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:42:42 AM

Laying it on thick and grasping for straws Rikur. Everyone knows you have a stick up your ass about AMC. Apparently registering a company in Delaware should now be invalidated, no?

Ignored
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 02:05:19 AM

Is there a general timeline for when you'll be receiving bought hashing power?

Yes,  We have a 1,150 chip order with steamboat's batch 1 order date May 1, high in the order of the batch.  We are sending these straight to a board developer to create 68 16 chips boards for us.  Avalon chips 9-10 weeks from that date.

Our batch order number 10409 with Avalon ordered today, 9-10 weeks shipped to us to add to our 80 chips Avalon reference boards that we are spinning up now.

Of course, the 6 Avalon's which should be here soon.

rikur

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:31:04 AM

Laying it on thick and grasping for straws Rikur. Everyone knows you have a stick up your ass about AMC. Apparently registering a company in Delaware should now be invalidated, no?

Ignored

Just trying to help others. I don't know what's wrong in pointing out that having a company in Delaware doesn't really add transparency for an entity.

The regulation of Delaware can also be beneficial for investors here, taxation being one of the benefits. Just wanted to point out that even if there is a company registered in Delaware, it doesn't mean that you should have much more trust in this venture outside what proof they have over at BitFunder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_haven
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 03:42:47 AM

Ignored

Just trying to help others. I don't know what's wrong in pointing out that having a company in Delaware doesn't really add transparency for an entity.

The regulation of Delaware can also be beneficial for investors here, taxation being one of the benefits. Just wanted to point out that even if there is a company registered in Delaware, it doesn't mean that you should have much more trust in this venture outside what proof they have over at BitFunder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_haven

You are right, you need to base your trust on what we have shown to have done, like purchasing 10,000 Avalon chips with the funds we have raised on Bitfunder just like we said we would.
rikur

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:46:14 AM

You are right, you need to base your trust on what we have shown to have done, like purchasing 10,000 Avalon chips with the funds we have raised on Bitfunder just like we said we would.

Agreed. Wish this endeavor all the best, maybe I will turn around and invest in it later.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:51:29 AM

I bought @ .0005 and sold recently (realizing a 30% profit in 1 day), as great as that is, the AMC market smells a little fishy at the moment.

There are currently 55,523 bids for shares @ .000799990 - .000799999, and the current 200k+ ask is at .0008.  Obviously this is the fund manager pumping the price.

I'm all for an artificial pump, it's the dump I'm weary of.

If you are holding shares, this might be a great opportunity to realize a profit.  (after all, the fund manager was dumping 500k shares at a time @ .0005 as recently as yesterday).

My motivation of course is to pick up more shares @ .0005 (where I feel this fund is currently valued).  That doesn't make what I'm saying incorrect ;-)
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:00:51 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 04:23:58 AM by lewicki

I bought @ .0005 and sold recently (realizing a 30% profit in 1 day), as great as that is, the AMC market smells a little fishy at the moment.

There are currently 55,523 bids for shares @ .000799990 - .000799999, and the current 200k+ ask is at .0008.  Obviously this is the fund manager pumping the price.

If you are holding shares, this might be a great opportunity to realize a profit.  (after all, the fund manager was dumping 500k shares at a time @ .0005 as recently as yesterday).

My motivation of course is to pick up more shares @ .0005 (where I feel this fund is currently valued).  That doesn't make what I'm saying incorrect ;-)

I would tend to agree with you. However, given the circumstances that a few parties submitted a petition to BitFunder to have AMC investigated due to what you mentioned a few days ago and what was said on this board, AMC has changed its actions to place static 500k blocks in increments of about .00005 from .0005 and up. Also as a response to the previous mentioned, Mr. Slaughter replied with this:

So from the 40 million shares only 2 million have been sold?

If that's the case, I hope they don't sell the next batches at .0005 again?

I would not count on .0005 again, I don't see that happening unless there is a crazy demand for capital.  I can't
rule that out, but I don't see it happening.

When the Avalon's get here and start mining there is going to be an inflow of capital to AMC from the 20 Million
growth and expansion fund shares.

It's in my opinion - though biased since I am invested in AMC - that Mr. Slaughter, albeit strong in what they do (managing a profitable business, design/manufactuer chips?) have never run a public company before, are not underwriters, and/or were not prepared for what was expected. I for one can see past that.

Then again we may all go down in flames... That's to be expected with high risk investments though, and I can deal with being wrong in the off chance that this turns out to be insanely profitable for all parties.

I do NOT want to miss ASICminer 2.0
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 04:27:32 AM

I would tend to agree with you. However, given the circumstances that a few parties submitted a petition to BitFunder to have AMC investigated due to what you mentioned a few days ago and what was said on this board, AMC has changed its actions to place static 500k blocks in increments of about .00005 from .0005 and up. Also as a response to the previous mentioned, Mr. Slaughter replied with this:

So from the 40 million shares only 2 million have been sold?

If that's the case, I hope they don't sell the next batches at .0005 again?

I would not count on .0005 again, I don't see that happening unless there is a crazy demand for capital.  I can't
rule that out, but I don't see it happening.

When the Avalon's get here and start mining there is going to be an inflow of capital to AMC from the 20 Million
growth and expansion fund shares.

It's in my opinion - though biased since I am invested in AMC - that Mr. Slaughter, albeit strong in what they do (managing a profitable business, design/manufactuer chips?) have never run a public company before and were not prepared for what was expected. I for one can see past that.

Then again we may all go down in flames... That's to be expected with high risk investments though, and I can deal with being wrong in the off chance that this turns out to be insanely profitable for all parties.

Thanks lewicki for your opinion.  This is a high risk investment which offers a very high return if we can pull off being the next ASICminer.  I am going to do my best to make sure this does not go down in flames.  One thing you can count on is I have the ability to turn a business around when things are not going in the right direction.  I was able to turn around my ISP business when the Free internet services started taking a lot of my business.  I was able to adapt to the current climate, then as the Free services dried up, I was able to have the ISP business grow for another 6 years until dial up internet dried up.  This business is a little different, I don't expect those kind of problems, but there could be others.  I will be ready for them if and when they come.
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:30:50 AM

It's in my opinion - though biased since I am invested in AMC - that Mr. Slaughter, albeit strong in what they do (managing a profitable business, design/manufactuer chips?) have never run a public company before, are not underwriters, and/or were not prepared for what was expected. I for one can see past that.

While Mr. Slaughter has done what he can to show transparency with his companies, a little more info would be appreciated. For instance, this "Major Semiconductor Company" has signed an NDA with VMC/AMC. Could we get the name of the company and very general plans on what is to come from this NDA? Competition is always great for the consumer but I do think that considering AMC as "ASICMiner 2.0" is premature.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 04:32:49 AM

While Mr. Slaughter has done what he can to show transparency with his companies, a little more info would be appreciated. For instance, this "Major Semiconductor Company" has signed an NDA with VMC/AMC. Could we get the name of the company and very general plans on what is to come from this NDA? Competition is always great for the consumer but I do think that considering AMC as "ASICMiner 2.0" is premature.

Not at this time.
ChronoX5

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:44:35 AM

Thank you!

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:34:03 AM

Help me out here.  You've sold 2M shares at 0.0005 for a total of 1000 BTC.  You bought over 1000 BTC worth of avalon chips.

How much other capital do you have?

Because I don't see how you have funds to build boards for the avalon chips, let alone pay for masks on your own device. 
Vbs

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:42:50 AM

Thanks lewicki for your opinion.  This is a high risk investment which offers a very high return if we can pull off being the next ASICminer.  I am going to do my best to make sure this does not go down in flames.  One thing you can count on is I have the ability to turn a business around when things are not going in the right direction.  I was able to turn around my ISP business when the Free internet services started taking a lot of my business.  I was able to adapt to the current climate, then as the Free services dried up, I was able to have the ISP business grow for another 6 years until dial up internet dried up.  This business is a little different, I don't expect those kind of problems, but there could be others.  I will be ready for them if and when they come.

Succinctly, mining is mostly a silicon time race, king of the hill style! Smiley

The biggest issues to solve are (1) hardware quantity/quality/price equilibrium and (2) time for deployment. ASICminer went the quantity+time route, delivering in bulk before mostly anyone else (mining+selling), and are now reaping the benefits.

I would say we have a pretty good starting point, but I would be much more relaxed if we had (today) 50k chips incoming instead of 10k. Grin
Vbs

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:02:21 AM

Help me out here.  You've sold 2M shares at 0.0005 for a total of 1000 BTC.  You bought over 1000 BTC worth of avalon chips.

How much other capital do you have?

Because I don't see how you have funds to build boards for the avalon chips, let alone pay for masks on your own device. 

The avalon chips costed ฿782.10, you can see the screenshot in https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC > Profile > Images.

Don't know how much the boards will cost. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: