Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children  (Read 117994 times)
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 03:57:43 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2016, 10:36:53 PM by delliaerd

In general yung guy get even smarter than adults. The fact that young people today grow up very quickly and have enough interesting things on the fly and old people just watch them doing crazy tasks. And so with cryptocurrency too they will do better then us, Perhaps we can not worry about that young people will be without knowledge but they will be definitely smarter

Yeah i couldn't agree more with you, the teenagers have more interest with something new, even if it can give them money maybe the teenagers will more interest with bitcoin as well.
The teenagers learn easier, maybe they can handled some way to earn bitcoin such as trading nor signature campaign.
Start From simple way to earn bitcoin before enter on complicated ways such as invest or make business with bitcoin.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:49:19 AM

For me kids won't have any kind of interest with Bitcoin during their age. While it depends on the kind of teenager, mostly teenagers likes to spend money on things such as Video games, shoes, and toys, they are not into saving money or even investing it that much. But if they are willing to listen they will learn and will get the use of it. Young teens investing early will be rich by the time they are in their 20's.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:14:31 AM

My uncle's son is 14 years old and he used bitcoin faucets to earn money for his next big toy.  He only earns a little bit at a time, and you know faucets such a slow and time waste, however he thinks of it as money and continues his work. The more he gets, the happier he is.  So explain it to them as money, just explain the general difference between a few different currencies and how they work. When they will see money in bitcoin they Erik definitely use it.
, It's funny inspired story about your nephew, I totally agree that we should teach children about money and how bitcoin related to it,
Of course how children response depend on their age even they are better learners than adult. Children will happy to earn even a little bit of bitcoin that they consider as money to buy toys.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:21:14 AM

For me kids won't have any kind of interest with Bitcoin during their age. While it depends on the kind of teenager, mostly teenagers likes to spend money on things such as Video games, shoes, and toys, they are not into saving money or even investing it that much. But if they are willing to listen they will learn and will get the use of it. Young teens investing early will be rich by the time they are in their 20's.

Kids won't really have an interest in bitcoin, it's too complicated for them to learn about this, and most probably they would learn to use it but never value this thing. About teenagers, well, nowadays, they are more into going out and hanging out with friends and spending money, so it will be hard to teach them too about bitcoin, except if they are from a family who needs extra money for a living. Teenagers are more into new tech, like what you've mention, and I think they will learn it easy if they are interested.

pyata4ok

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:12:37 AM

Kids won't really have an interest in bitcoin, it's too complicated for them to learn about this, and most probably they would learn to use it but never value this thing. About teenagers, well, nowadays, they are more into going out and hanging out with friends and spending money, so it will be hard to teach them too about bitcoin, except if they are from a family who needs extra money for a living. Teenagers are more into new tech, like what you've mention, and I think they will learn it easy if they are interested.
If you begin to acquaint the child with bitcoin then it should be done only in a specific form that was not only understandable, but also interesting enough, otherwise you can get the opposite action, but if the time comes that the children themselves will learn and understand.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:23:54 AM

To teach anyone including teens and children anything about bitcoin you will need to teach them first about money, and how it really works, the history of money, gold, fiat, and at the end bitcoin
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:26:21 AM

I think it depends on which country the kid is living. Most teenagers in first world countries don't need to earn money by themselves since their parents are already giving them money to spend on things that they want. Teenagers on third world countries would choose to save their money and even work to earn some more money so they can help their parents. Other teenagers doesn't want to depend on their parents so they would choose to work somewhere and may be interested in bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

krishna1

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:35:14 AM

first of all bitcoin is a big jote to take for childrens but anyway if they can take a basic idea of money then they can take the basic of bitcoin too but only a basic and secondly we have to give them live preview by buying some coins from banks and exchanging them into faint too this will prove their querys which they are not goin to ask freely

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 11:04:01 AM

I don't think someone should try explaining bitcoin to children, I find that the best way to tell someone about bitcoin, try to explain them btc, is when tht person wants to earn his own money or is already earning and is maybe interested in something else.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 11:17:42 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
Yeah it's so difficult to explain bitcoin to a person who don't have the interest to earn, but if this person is so interested to earn online and to help her/his self I know he will understand what bitcoin is. I shared a lot my ideas and experienced about bitcoin to my classmates, relatives friends online even in real life but its too hard to tell them so all I did is let them search and read from google what it is and show them a video how bitcoin works.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:24:58 PM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
Yeah it's so difficult to explain bitcoin to a person who don't have the interest to earn, but if this person is so interested to earn online and to help her/his self I know he will understand what bitcoin is. I shared a lot my ideas and experienced about bitcoin to my classmates, relatives friends online even in real life but its too hard to tell them so all I did is let them search and read from google what it is and show them a video how bitcoin works.
It's not that only the interest to earn is important with bitcoin as we can also spend here and have fun. Remember we have a lot of recreational activities online which is gambling, you could teach them to have fun so they will be attracted to use bitcoin. Just after they experience you can tell them how to earn.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:28:21 PM

Lets go back then to the old days. When you first do know what bitcoin is. Have anyone here think that way? I supposed that we do all know bitcoin here because of our explorations on the web. So those teenager that can understand bitcoin are those who love explore like us as well.
Radenz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:03:16 PM

Yeah, you're true. Bitcoin is difficult to explain.
But, as long as you are still patient, you can explain make children understand what you have explain.
As an example : Now i'm 14. I know bitcoin since i was 13. Its hard to learn about bitcoin so that i quit learning. But, i saw a good investing way through bitcoin. I was interested again on bitcoin and i learn hard. Now i have enough knowledge to invest and start generating money for my future.
So, i can conclude that we can explain bitcoin to children a piece first, then a bigger parts, more detail detail, and the last is everyhing. We also have to explain with good explanation that can make children interested.
tripplewarz

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:32:49 PM

Yeah, you're true. Bitcoin is difficult to explain.
But, as long as you are still patient, you can explain make children understand what you have explain.
As an example : Now i'm 14. I know bitcoin since i was 13. Its hard to learn about bitcoin so that i quit learning. But, i saw a good investing way through bitcoin. I was interested again on bitcoin and i learn hard. Now i have enough knowledge to invest and start generating money for my future.
So, i can conclude that we can explain bitcoin to children a piece first, then a bigger parts, more detail detail, and the last is everyhing. We also have to explain with good explanation that can make children interested.
Perhaps the earlier information about bitcoin gets to the ears of a child, the best result of his training. At a very early age a child can surpass his teacher.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:47:55 PM

In a fairly young age, I think it is not necessary to hammer the head of the child, because it may be a backlash and we can get the negative effects that the child I want to receive the information about bitcoin even later.

I believe that too, i feel that someone should not tell a child about it until they themselves come to know about it and ask you if what bitcoin is, in that case you should give them the very basic information about bitcoin like what it is and how it works and thats it, let them explore it themselves when they reach the right time.
dimonchik13

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:56:21 PM

In a fairly young age, I think it is not necessary to hammer the head of the child, because it may be a backlash and we can get the negative effects that the child I want to receive the information about bitcoin even later.

I believe that too, i feel that someone should not tell a child about it until they themselves come to know about it and ask you if what bitcoin is, in that case you should give them the very basic information about bitcoin like what it is and how it works and thats it, let them explore it themselves when they reach the right time.
If the child will wonder how to increase their pocket money, it will be an incentive to learn not only to use bitcoin but also how to make cryptocurrency.
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:56:59 PM

I think if you let your children use bitcoin often, they will soon understand how bitcoin work, just like how they understand to use the money. Children are quick learners, they can learn new things very fast, even faster than any adults because their brain is clean and fresh. Currently, i do not have any children and my local area does not have any stores which accept bitcoin too. I hope that in the few future there will be some shops so that i will have a chance to teach my kids about bitcoin
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:56:25 PM

In general yung guy get even smarter than adults. The fact that young people today grow up very quickly and have enough interesting things on the fly and old people just watch them doing crazy tasks. And so with cryptocurrency too they will do better then us, Perhaps we can not worry about that young people will be without knowledge but they will be definitely smarter

Yeah i couldn't agree more with you, the teenagers have more interest with something new, even if it can give them money maybe the teenagers will more interest with bitcoin as well.
The teenagers learn easier, maybe they can handled some way to earn bitcoin such as trading nor signature campaign.
yes i am also not agree with this statement, to me children and teenagers do not need to learn about bitcoin, to me first they should finish their education and after that they should think about trading and investment.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:58:06 PM

yes i am also not agree with this statement, to me children and teenagers do not need to learn about bitcoin, to me first they should finish their education and after that they should think about trading and investment.
If we stand by that children and teenagers should not be using bitcoin, then how do we ever plan to use bitcoin as a national currency?  you can not have it both ways here.  They need to learn how it is used and all, so that it will further the improvement of bitcoin.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀