Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:45:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:09:48 PM

This is a very interesting overview from the OP I must say!

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVISHXEw.png&t=568&c=oXiTzusGVUH49A
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:16:56 PM

The ball is rolling relentlessly. Good.

Back to the Mintpal scam. I think this is one of the few projects which was able to prevent those scammers to cash out. I imagine they got a shitload of money out of their altcoins: there was no such control over those funds like there is now.

This should be accounted to the team.

Wouldn't this be an interesting story for any news channel/forum that has interest in Bitcoin/Altcoins?

This will happen if the project will rise again.
No need to tell the story right now to them.
They'll eventually understand.

Wink
SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 06:54:25 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 07:07:22 PM by SilkNetwork

Some of you may, or may not of noticed your Weaver Silkcoin(SILK) balances/addresses receiving stake(PoS) rewards.

We would like to make users of Weaver aware that even though Matthew did set the Silkcoin wallets config file(silkcoin.conf) to not stake, it has decided to stake regardless.

This is just another example of the code issues with Silkcoin, however, this of course isn't a negative and it just means your Weaver addresses will enter stake and recieve rewards up until the 17th, when your balance is swapped to the new Silk(SLK).

You can monitor your balances on the blockchain explorer(https://silkexplorer.silknetwork.org) until the transaction script is completed and your balances on Weaver update.

Once the transaction script is complete, your balances will update and in the transaction history you will see your initial deposit and any PoS(stake) payments you have received.

Thank you for your time.

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 07:23:12 PM

Some of you may, or may not of noticed your Weaver Silkcoin(SILK) balances/addresses receiving stake(PoS) rewards.

We would like to make users of Weaver aware that even though Matthew did set the Silkcoin wallets config file(silkcoin.conf) to not stake, it has decided to stake regardless.

This is just another example of the code issues with Silkcoin, however, this of course isn't a negative and it just means your Weaver addresses will enter stake and recieve rewards up until the 17th, when your balance is swapped to the new Silk(SLK).

You can monitor your balances on the blockchain explorer(https://silkexplorer.silknetwork.org) until the transaction script is completed and your balances on Weaver update.

Once the transaction script is complete, your balances will update and in the transaction history you will see your initial deposit and any PoS(stake) payments you have received.

Thank you for your time.

Cool...I'm making a bunch on the staking right now.  Thanks!  Wink   Hope to see my balance on there soon though...
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:55:15 PM

feeling something tasty is going to happen purple is the new red
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 01:22:31 AM

Weaver will proactively block the top address of the Silkcoin rich list from the swap.

This is to prevent the stolen funds from Mintpal being swapped.

Any addresses receiving stolen funds from this address will be implicated and blocked.

Thank you again for your understanding with our dealing of the matter.

Believe you have been blocked unfairly? - contact@silknetwork.org

What is to stop the scammers from sending coins to the other wallets on the rich list?  This would effectively lock out 50% of the available coins from Weaver.

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:35:28 AM

3 Days guys.  So stoked.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 02:13:45 AM

Weaver will proactively block the top address of the Silkcoin rich list from the swap.

Any addresses receiving stolen funds from this address will be implicated and blocked.

What is to stop the scammers from sending coins to the other wallets on the rich list?  This would effectively lock out 50% of the available coins from Weaver.

We have already taken this into account and there is absolutely nothing stopping them.

We are monitoring transactions and what is being sent where.

Just because the scam address might send coin, we can see it and how much was sent.

We will simply minus this amount.
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 03:16:00 AM

We have already taken this into account and there is absolutely nothing stopping them.

Just because the scam address might send coin, we can see it and how much was sent.

Hi...I've sent an email asking to clarify some questions I have.  Thanks in advance.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 04:19:00 AM

Hi...I've sent an email asking to clarify some questions I have.  Thanks in advance.

Which email was it sent through to? We will notify them if they do not see your post.
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 04:22:42 AM

That sounds like a reasonable solution.  Looking forward to the 17th.

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:18:07 AM

3 Days guys.  So stoked.

I know man can't wait!!!
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:37:07 AM

Is there any way to confirm that my silk has been sent to weaver?

I understand there is a long delay in it showing up, but i would hate to see it lost on the way if i send it all in one go.

I guess the block explorer could be used to check?

Ive just sent 1 SILK to test, nothing showing yet.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ronoa

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:46:35 AM

3 Days guys.  So stoked.

I know man can't wait!!!

It's gonna be good as I expect.
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 02:41:47 PM

Which email was it sent through to? We will notify them if they do not see your post.
I sent the email to above email... contact@silknetwork.org
I've sent a couple of emails and haven't received any reply's.  As fairly substantial Silkcoin holder I find this disconcerting.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 03:03:43 PM

I understand there is a long delay in it showing up, but i would hate to see it lost on the way if i send it all in one go.

It would show up on the block explorer.  My test send showed up no problem.

gerb

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:14:49 PM

Do not worry, you can go back 1 page you will find several answers to this question:

is the SILK address on weaver where we should be sending our silk now? and if so, how long does it take to post?

The Silk address on Weaver is your own Silkcoin address that has been generated individually and uniquely for your account.

Yes send your coin to that address.

It will be swapped out automatically come the 17th.

I moved my coins into Weaver earlier today...I still do not see them in my Weaver wallet.  It shows that the coins were transfered successfully from my Polo wallet...any help with this?  Thanks....
Please do not panic that you balances are not showing once your Silkcoin(SC/SILK) deposits have confirmed.

Your balances are being linked to the wallets and we will update once they are visible.

And you will find a good summary about the launching of SLK:
Process of launching the new Silk(SLK)

1. Silk Network will first take Weaver offline in preperation for the swap.

2. Nodes and DNS Seeders for Silk(SLK) will be setup.

3. The block explorer on Weaver (https://silknetwork.org/register) and the users accounts will have Silk(SLK) wallets added.

4. A new Silk(SLK) chain will be started and mined by Silk Network.  Mined PoW blocks give a 0 reward and no fees, so there is no benefit to us starting the chain before public release.

5. Funds will be then transferred to Weaver and user wallets will be swapped/credited with Silk(SLK). Silkcoin wallets will be removed from user accounts.

6. Checkpoints will be added to the Silk(SLK) code for added security (block & stake modifier).

7. Weaver (https://silknetwork.org/register) will be brought back online.

8. Silk(SLK) wallet will then be released to the public (GitHub/OP/Website) and Bittrex who will join the existing chain.

9. Funds will be transferred to Bittrex to enable the swap of their wallets (12160758.07152659 SLK).

10. We continue marching.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:25:39 PM

It would show up on the block explorer.  My test send showed up no problem.

Yes I confirm as well. The Silkcoin deposit address that I have on my weaver does not show my transaction but it was correctly confirmed on the block exlporer.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 07:10:37 PM

stop everything and get the silknetwork wallet to show deposits.

cmon, this is a basic necessity of the swap. The end user having to search the block explorer to ensure their deposit went through is unacceptable.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 09:24:32 PM

stop everything and get the silknetwork wallet to show deposits.

cmon, this is a basic necessity of the swap. The end user having to search the block explorer to ensure their deposit went through is unacceptable.

This is all a part of the updates happening to Weaver, a lot of which is happening in tonights update.

As stated previously, Weaver wasn't meant to open for deposits until the 17th of September.

Currently we have to prioritise backend functionality and security over the users front-end experience.

If we didn't have to freeze the Bittrex deposits prematurly, then the Weaver would be opening on Saturday and Matthew would of had more time to get the front end of Weaver much more final, but he didn't.

We hope you understand the situation and we look forward to your views after the update this evening.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: