Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:25:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
kangertech

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

My agama wallet works great now in basilisk mode, staking, transactions ecc...  the only thing i did is to start one time in native mode and wait many hours the blockchain load. Now i work only in basilisk. Don't know if it helps,  at the beginnig i had many problems and no transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:37:57 PM

Started with the Komodo swing wallet (0.7.8 ) but syncing is very slow so thought I'd try the latest Agama release instead ( https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/releases/download/v0.2.0.1a-beta/Agama-win32-x64.zip )

Is the 'wallet seed' referred to on the opening screen of the GUI the 12 word passphrase that was generated on the ICO site?

If not, presumably you need to click on 'Create new wallet' on the opening screen and if so I assume a field to import the 12 word passphrase/seed then appears.

Thanks for any help  Smiley
korneta

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:50:05 PM

guys, just read the article about snapshot and jumblr giveaway http://mailchi.mp/59ce2f0ee8b8/komodo-snapshot-coming
the thing is my komodos is on exchange and the snapshot was planned to be on 13th of June. but some people say it was postponed. so right now I'm in the process of transfering my kmd to agama wallet and want to know if I still have a chance.
Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:58:54 PM

Few basic questions:

1- what's the Total Supply of KMD ?

2- What's the circulating KMD at the time ?

3- If Komodo is new version of BitcoinDark, why is BTCD still up an running ?

The total supply will be 200 000 000 after 14 years

The circulating supply is about 100 000 000

BitcoinDark can be swapped to KMD throughout 2017
The swap rate is about 50 KMD per 1 BTCD

mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:31:09 PM

I keep having problems running the Komodo wallet and I always get this message:

This is on an iMac running OSX Sierra 10.12.5

Any ideas?
Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:36:36 PM

Any ideas?

I think the best place for questions like this will be the #support channel on the Komodo slack.

You can join here: http://slackinvite.supernet.org

MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:36:48 PM

Thanks for this, I got it to work finally after downloading the latest Agama wallet that actually has the important Alternative send method Button.

I noticed the transaction didn't show up in my wallet until I restarted the Agama wallet and refreshed via the Fetch wallet data. Not sure if one has to restart the wallet or not.

Loving the compound interest
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:10:13 PM

Any ideas?

Trying checking firewall settings and if the correct ports are open
ka82

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:15:04 PM

Few basic questions:

Thanks. Is it easy to mine ?
polycryptoblog

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:39:36 PM

Few basic questions:

Relative to zcash. Yes
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:11:41 PM

I can't send KMD from Windows Agama anymore. After pressing "Confirm" I'm getting "Processing transaction..." message forever. Any help? Thanks.

I think you have same problems with the Agama wallet

Please make sure you are installing the latest wallet. Make sure any old Agama versions are uninstalled and deleted before reinstalling.

Newest Agama build: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/releases/download/v0.2.0.1a-beta/Agama-win32-x64.zip
Yeah. I downloaded that over a week ago.
Tried like 15 times to make a transaction. It always is stuck @ processing tx.
WTF, I am past annoyed right now.

Here is a Step by Step explanation of how it works. Just follow it

https://steemit.com/wallet/@alberm/agama-wallet-komodo-kmd-interest
I am capable of creating a transaction in Agama, thanks. I have done that three months ago with an odler version of agama successfully.
Unfortunatelly the tx doesn't get finalized, Agama is stuck in step 3, processing tx PLEASE WAIT now for over 3h .
I already tried reinstalling, restarting, resending. It just doesn't work.

Have you tried the "alternative send" method in Agama? There's a slider that you can click when you're on the send page, right above where you enter send to address. I originally had issues with sending as well, but doing this fixed the issue for me.
Thanks so much! No idea why I didn't notice that slider. Shocked
Anyway, worked like a charm. Finally.
Let me know your KMD address and I'll send you a tiny tip.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:29:28 PM

Let's see where the new floor is?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:38:55 PM

100 k this year next week boys? Smiley

Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Peanutbutterpolka

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:40:10 PM

1. Can someone explain in more detail the difference between client and lp nodes. In particular which one is better to earn fees with?

I'm still trying to understand the difference and the reasons to use client vs lp node with the dex.

As far as earning fees, it is expected that LP nodes are run by people who own the DEX (or JUMBLR or BOTS) assets and out of self interest they will keep an LP node running. Of course making the spread is always a nice income if you can manage (or dont care about) the overall market fluctuations

As far as what type of node to run, the LP nodes are able to do direct networking due to their published ip addresses so they have a speed advantage over pubkey based client nodes.

client nodes can now also be posting offers just like an LP node. and it is done automatically just like LP nodes. In addition, a client node can fill existing orderbook offers using the same utxo that are at the same time posted in N order books.basically you dont have to lock up your funds dedicated to a specific trade. It is your money, there is no need to withdraw it as you always control it, and you can make as many trade offers as you like, even use the same funds to fill existing offers (but I prevent self trading)

Even a basilisk node will be able to be an LP node. That has taken a bit more work, but I feel it is the more practical approach as this way anybody can be an LP node just by clicking a few fields in the GUI (not ready yet) without needing to download the entire blockchain.

as a client your node will connect to the peers but wont become a peer,
as an LP node, your node will become a peer but will only be able to be a maker and not a maker and taker like the client nodes can

I made a custom peer to peer network that the LP nodes create among themselves. This peer network is designed to propagate the list of peers, list of utxos and each node's prices among each other as efficiently as possible. It isnt a consensus requirement to have all nodes in 100% sync, but I think most of the time they should be
each node has a pubkey and of course an ip address, but only the peer networking is using ip addresses of the LP nodes
the orderbook is pubkey based, so each offer has the offer details and the pubkey
in order to enable client nodes that have no known ip address to the network to talk to each other, I made a forwarding service that the LP nodes provide
each node registers their pubkey/ipaddr to one or more LP nodes. After that, that LP node will respond positively to a lookup command when asked about a pubkey it is forwarding to. So, there isnt much ip privacy, but at least your ip address isnt posted on all the orderbooks and is mostly limited to the LP nodes. however since anybody can be an LP node, do not rely on any actual ip privacy. if you need that you need to take separate measures. Since there is no ip privacy guarantee, during the atomic swap process, the two nodes that are trading do establish a direct ip connection. Well it is using nanomsg so only the offering side is posting their ip address, but essentially it is direct ip link. Which means it is fast and reliable, only if one of the nodes disconnects will there be an issue

..Snip..

Due to the efficient nature of the peer network, it has a memory of all the peers, utxos and prices. Short of stopping all LP nodes at the same time, this memory will stay intact. This is good but it could be bad if some things that should be forgotten are not.

In order to prevent spamming, the client node must pay a dexfee (1/777th tradesize) to assure the LP node that he is serious. Putting an actual financial cost has the advantage in that it removes spammers at the first step and also it creates a revenue stream for our patient investors. There is an implicit assumption that LP nodes are more reliable than client nodes. Even before the dexfee is sent, the two nodes use the cut and choose protocol to perform a key exchange and create a trade specific set of addresses that will be used. Once this is done, then the dexfee is sent. Once the fee is verified to have been sent, the atomic swap starts for real. By convention the two parties trading are Alice (client) and Bob. Bob has the burden of providing a deposit in the protocol. To compensate, Bob has no dexfee at all, just the coins tx fee

From this it seems that the lp node is faster than the client, pays no dex fee -the client does, but has to put up 13% more per order than the client.

The lp broadcasts its ip address to others whereas the client only broadcasts to a single node. Ie: client is more anonymous

Its unclear to me if you will always need to dl each coin or if basilisk will work as a light wallet for each coin. Is the basilisk lpnode or client node? Not having to dl each coin would be huge.

Also it is unclear of why the client can be a maker taker and the lp node just a taker. How is the lp node supposed to make the spread?

It seems that the lp nodes are harder to setup, require coins to be downloaded and require your node to stay on and act as a server and require the extra %13 to be held but don't necessarily get enough perks for running one vs a client. Maybe im wrong.

It would be helpful to discuss scenerios or strategies that would use one vs the other.

Thanks.
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:48:22 PM

Is Komodo wallet "backed" by seeds or wallet.dat (or something like that?)
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:08:19 PM

Is Komodo wallet "backed" by seeds or wallet.dat (or something like that?)

Seed in basilisk mode (light wallet mode)

Wallet.dat in native mode
polycryptoblog

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:51:17 PM

1. Can someone explain in more detail the difference between client and lp nodes. In particular which one is better to earn fees with?

I'm still trying to understand the difference and the reasons to use client vs lp node with the dex.

As far as earning fees, it is expected that LP nodes are run by people who own the DEX (or JUMBLR or BOTS) assets and out of self interest they will keep an LP node running. Of course making the spread is always a nice income if you can manage (or dont care about) the overall market fluctuations

As far as what type of node to run, the LP nodes are able to do direct networking due to their published ip addresses so they have a speed advantage over pubkey based client nodes.

client nodes can now also be posting offers just like an LP node. and it is done automatically just like LP nodes. In addition, a client node can fill existing orderbook offers using the same utxo that are at the same time posted in N order books.basically you dont have to lock up your funds dedicated to a specific trade. It is your money, there is no need to withdraw it as you always control it, and you can make as many trade offers as you like, even use the same funds to fill existing offers (but I prevent self trading)

Even a basilisk node will be able to be an LP node. That has taken a bit more work, but I feel it is the more practical approach as this way anybody can be an LP node just by clicking a few fields in the GUI (not ready yet) without needing to download the entire blockchain.

as a client your node will connect to the peers but wont become a peer,
as an LP node, your node will become a peer but will only be able to be a maker and not a maker and taker like the client nodes can

I made a custom peer to peer network that the LP nodes create among themselves. This peer network is designed to propagate the list of peers, list of utxos and each node's prices among each other as efficiently as possible. It isnt a consensus requirement to have all nodes in 100% sync, but I think most of the time they should be
each node has a pubkey and of course an ip address, but only the peer networking is using ip addresses of the LP nodes
the orderbook is pubkey based, so each offer has the offer details and the pubkey
in order to enable client nodes that have no known ip address to the network to talk to each other, I made a forwarding service that the LP nodes provide
each node registers their pubkey/ipaddr to one or more LP nodes. After that, that LP node will respond positively to a lookup command when asked about a pubkey it is forwarding to. So, there isnt much ip privacy, but at least your ip address isnt posted on all the orderbooks and is mostly limited to the LP nodes. however since anybody can be an LP node, do not rely on any actual ip privacy. if you need that you need to take separate measures. Since there is no ip privacy guarantee, during the atomic swap process, the two nodes that are trading do establish a direct ip connection. Well it is using nanomsg so only the offering side is posting their ip address, but essentially it is direct ip link. Which means it is fast and reliable, only if one of the nodes disconnects will there be an issue

..Snip..

Due to the efficient nature of the peer network, it has a memory of all the peers, utxos and prices. Short of stopping all LP nodes at the same time, this memory will stay intact. This is good but it could be bad if some things that should be forgotten are not.

In order to prevent spamming, the client node must pay a dexfee (1/777th tradesize) to assure the LP node that he is serious. Putting an actual financial cost has the advantage in that it removes spammers at the first step and also it creates a revenue stream for our patient investors. There is an implicit assumption that LP nodes are more reliable than client nodes. Even before the dexfee is sent, the two nodes use the cut and choose protocol to perform a key exchange and create a trade specific set of addresses that will be used. Once this is done, then the dexfee is sent. Once the fee is verified to have been sent, the atomic swap starts for real. By convention the two parties trading are Alice (client) and Bob. Bob has the burden of providing a deposit in the protocol. To compensate, Bob has no dexfee at all, just the coins tx fee

From this it seems that the lp node is faster than the client, pays no dex fee -the client does, but has to put up 13% more per order than the client.

The lp broadcasts its ip address to others whereas the client only broadcasts to a single node. Ie: client is more anonymous

Its unclear to me if you will always need to dl each coin or if basilisk will work as a light wallet for each coin. Is the basilisk lpnode or client node? Not having to dl each coin would be huge.

Also it is unclear of why the client can be a maker taker and the lp node just a taker. How is the lp node supposed to make the spread?

It seems that the lp nodes are harder to setup, require coins to be downloaded and require your node to stay on and act as a server and require the extra %13 to be held but don't necessarily get enough perks for running one vs a client. Maybe im wrong.

It would be helpful to discuss scenerios or strategies that would use one vs the other.

Thanks.

Lp nodes for market making and arbitrage with central exchanges.  By running your lp node pairs on dex and central exchange you can profit.  Client nodes are not going to relay to on-central-exchange bots its trades are limited to in-wallet.

I believe this is the case,  best to wait for James answer
Lydian

Activity: 1638
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:08:08 PM

what's the best kmd wallet for osx?
this: https://github.com/ca333/komodoGUI/releases or another one?
ka82

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:51:36 PM

Few basic questions:

Relative to zcash. Yes

Cool
VirtualCloudMining

Activity: 221
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:39:12 AM

Attempt to fool people into buying low priced KMD which can't be withdrawn.  You can deposit BTC but withdrawal of BTC seems to be pending indefinitely.

CryptXC exchange
https://cryptxc.com/markets/kmdbtc

Coinmarket cap, Komodo
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/komodo/#markets

The exchange hasn't had any update in it's thread since february.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1780092
Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: