Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191697 times)
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:13:20 AM

The big movement didn't arrived yet.Expect the RISE when DEX arrives.Don't be a fish selling your coins now or you will regret Wink
milonite

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:41:45 AM

any news about the swap?
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:02:11 AM

The big movement didn't arrived yet.Expect the RISE when DEX arrives.Don't be a fish selling your coins now or you will regret Wink
this is will be big. DEX will be a succes on the market. gogo KMD
Zeehenk

Activity: 399
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:10:24 AM

Is there any news on a date when DEX will be live...?

MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:21:39 AM

Is there any news on a date when DEX will be live...?

From this article it only says soon: https://supernet.org/en/resources/updates/get-ready-for-decentralized-exchange-agama-development-roadmap
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:28:11 AM

1. Can someone explain in more detail the difference between client and lp nodes. In particular which one is better to earn fees with?

I'm still trying to understand the difference and the reasons to use client vs lp node with the dex.

As far as earning fees, it is expected that LP nodes are run by people who own the DEX (or JUMBLR or BOTS) assets and out of self interest they will keep an LP node running. Of course making the spread is always a nice income if you can manage (or dont care about) the overall market fluctuations

As far as what type of node to run, the LP nodes are able to do direct networking due to their published ip addresses so they have a speed advantage over pubkey based client nodes.

client nodes can now also be posting offers just like an LP node. and it is done automatically just like LP nodes. In addition, a client node can fill existing orderbook offers using the same utxo that are at the same time posted in N order books.basically you dont have to lock up your funds dedicated to a specific trade. It is your money, there is no need to withdraw it as you always control it, and you can make as many trade offers as you like, even use the same funds to fill existing offers (but I prevent self trading)

Even a basilisk node will be able to be an LP node. That has taken a bit more work, but I feel it is the more practical approach as this way anybody can be an LP node just by clicking a few fields in the GUI (not ready yet) without needing to download the entire blockchain.

as a client your node will connect to the peers but wont become a peer,
as an LP node, your node will become a peer but will only be able to be a maker and not a maker and taker like the client nodes can

I made a custom peer to peer network that the LP nodes create among themselves. This peer network is designed to propagate the list of peers, list of utxos and each node's prices among each other as efficiently as possible. It isnt a consensus requirement to have all nodes in 100% sync, but I think most of the time they should be
each node has a pubkey and of course an ip address, but only the peer networking is using ip addresses of the LP nodes
the orderbook is pubkey based, so each offer has the offer details and the pubkey
in order to enable client nodes that have no known ip address to the network to talk to each other, I made a forwarding service that the LP nodes provide
each node registers their pubkey/ipaddr to one or more LP nodes. After that, that LP node will respond positively to a lookup command when asked about a pubkey it is forwarding to. So, there isnt much ip privacy, but at least your ip address isnt posted on all the orderbooks and is mostly limited to the LP nodes. however since anybody can be an LP node, do not rely on any actual ip privacy. if you need that you need to take separate measures. Since there is no ip privacy guarantee, during the atomic swap process, the two nodes that are trading do establish a direct ip connection. Well it is using nanomsg so only the offering side is posting their ip address, but essentially it is direct ip link. Which means it is fast and reliable, only if one of the nodes disconnects will there be an issue

..Snip..

Due to the efficient nature of the peer network, it has a memory of all the peers, utxos and prices. Short of stopping all LP nodes at the same time, this memory will stay intact. This is good but it could be bad if some things that should be forgotten are not.

In order to prevent spamming, the client node must pay a dexfee (1/777th tradesize) to assure the LP node that he is serious. Putting an actual financial cost has the advantage in that it removes spammers at the first step and also it creates a revenue stream for our patient investors. There is an implicit assumption that LP nodes are more reliable than client nodes. Even before the dexfee is sent, the two nodes use the cut and choose protocol to perform a key exchange and create a trade specific set of addresses that will be used. Once this is done, then the dexfee is sent. Once the fee is verified to have been sent, the atomic swap starts for real. By convention the two parties trading are Alice (client) and Bob. Bob has the burden of providing a deposit in the protocol. To compensate, Bob has no dexfee at all, just the coins tx fee

From this it seems that the lp node is faster than the client, pays no dex fee -the client does, but has to put up 13% more per order than the client.

The lp broadcasts its ip address to others whereas the client only broadcasts to a single node. Ie: client is more anonymous

Its unclear to me if you will always need to dl each coin or if basilisk will work as a light wallet for each coin. Is the basilisk lpnode or client node? Not having to dl each coin would be huge.

Also it is unclear of why the client can be a maker taker and the lp node just a taker. How is the lp node supposed to make the spread?

It seems that the lp nodes are harder to setup, require coins to be downloaded and require your node to stay on and act as a server and require the extra %13 to be held but don't necessarily get enough perks for running one vs a client. Maybe im wrong.

It would be helpful to discuss scenerios or strategies that would use one vs the other.

Thanks.
All native DEX nodes must have native coin daemons running if they want to trade that coin. The amount of daemon calls is quite large and I dont see any practical way of not having the native daemon locally accessible via localhost.

It is a matter of testing resources. I am having to validate all combinations and currently we have LP <-> client and client (as maker) <-> client (as taker). Adding LP nodes as taker will double the test cases to validate and the idea is that if you are running an LP node, you are setting a profit margin and keeping it funded. If you want to trade, just do it from a client node. Presumably people who are able to run LP nodes will be able to have a second node available.

I think you are a bit confused about market making... To make the spread, takers need to fill both your bid and ask. For example, you have an ask order to sell at price X and it is filled. Now to balance that sell you need to buy at a price below X. Since your order filled, we can assume there are few if any asks at a price lower than X. So what do you propose, to sell to the highest bid? In this case you increased your short side exposure by doubling your sell. So, a marketmaker can make a market by posting bids and asks that get filled by the takers

I think most people will run client nodes and that is fine, but anybody can run an LP node to help the network if they want. For now it is better if I am the only one who runs them as I am updating them at the protocol level as I add new capabilities and it is faster to do if I can update all the LP nodes myself. As things stabilize, it will be less of an issue and better that LP nodes are spread across the world.

Currently, I am seeing networking issues with non-unix OS, so I might have to create additional relay services that the LP nodes provide, maybe eventually that will be monetized, but for now LP nodes are more work and there isnt much incentive to run one. So just run a client node. The important thing is that we have people posting bids and asks that the pure client nodes can fill.

Oh, I made a new account as I am on a different notebook now. I will still use the original jl777, but also the jl777B as is convenient
BTCHybrid

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:59:09 AM

Guys be careful of this project there is a known error that prevents people from swapping tokens for a long time now. Its caused btcd to trade about 20% lower in price with millions of volume yesterday. If you add up the days its cost the holders of BTCD $200,000-$300,000 per day not being able to convert, which is millions are this point. The fix is a simple login issue and the devs have not fixed it. I think that pretty much proves this coin is not being supported anymore if they cant book a cheap front end engineer for 1 hour to save millions of expected value of their longterm holders.
Jiddu

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:04:03 AM

Guys be careful of this project there is a known error that prevents people from swapping tokens for a long time now. Its caused btcd to trade about 20% lower in price with millions of volume yesterday. If you add up the days its cost the holders of BTCD $200,000-$300,000 per day not being able to convert, which is millions are this point. The fix is a login and the devs cant fix it. I think that pretty much proves this coin is not being supported anymore if they cant book a cheap front end engineer for 1 hour to save millions of expected value of their longterm holders.

What exactly is the problem?
Do you mean slow logins? It once took a few minutes, if I remember correctly.
But I was able to swap recently without any issues.
vincetcm

Activity: 1302
Merit: 533

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:04:34 AM

1 BTCD = 49.3014989305599 KMD
modsrocky

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:05:11 AM

How i can generate a new wallet address in the agma wallet?

vincetcm

Activity: 1302
Merit: 533

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:07:34 AM

You can create it at boot time using the new seed.
https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/releases
BTCHybrid

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:08:13 AM

Guys be careful of this project there is a known error that prevents people from swapping tokens for a long time now. Its caused btcd to trade about 20% lower in price with millions of volume yesterday. If you add up the days its cost the holders of BTCD $200,000-$300,000 per day not being able to convert, which is millions are this point. The fix is a login and the devs cant fix it. I think that pretty much proves this coin is not being supported anymore if they cant book a cheap front end engineer for 1 hour to save millions of expected value of their longterm holders.

On the last few pages its been reported, you can't login if you have a new email to swap. Its been reported in this thread 3 times and the BTCD multiple times. I asumed no logins worked but i guess only new accounts aren't verifying.

Thats even more interesting that old users can swap fine right now that means old accounts have a unfair advantage you can make infinite 20% but new users cannot. Cheesy go buy BTCD with like 200k$ you instantly win 50k$ because the devs refuse to do anything.
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:39:00 AM

On the last few pages its been reported, you can't login if you have a new email to swap. Its been reported in this thread 3 times and the BTCD multiple times. I asumed no logins worked but i guess only new accounts aren't verifying.

Thats even more interesting that old users can swap fine right now that means old accounts have a unfair advantage you can make infinite 20% but new users cannot. Cheesy go buy BTCD with like 200k$ you instantly win 50k$ because the devs refuse to do anything.
so to be clear here.... they try to fix the problem and no worries you will have time to change your btcd for kmd... but to understand one thing, if you want to sawp BTCD for KMD and win from arbitrage.. you are wrong... because the swap is a manual task and is every 1 month if i am not wrong... so stop dream to make profit or blame the devs.
modsrocky

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:40:51 AM

You can create it at boot time using the new seed.
https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/releases

but not in the existing seed? why that?

jl777B

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:31:57 PM

so to be clear here.... they try to fix the problem and no worries you will have time to change your btcd for kmd... but to understand one thing, if you want to sawp BTCD for KMD and win from arbitrage.. you are wrong... because the swap is a manual task and is every 1 month if i am not wrong... so stop dream to make profit or blame the devs.
Thank you. You are correct, the next payout is first Friday in July, the total impact on BTCD conversion due to the website is:

There was a meetup in Amsterdam and many team members are in the process of traveling, also there was a hackathon, so the fixing of website is on the todo list, but as long as it is fixed before the first friday of July, the net effect of this is:
VirtualCloudMining

Activity: 221
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:54:34 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 01:09:38 PM by VirtualCloudMining

Attempt to fool people into buying low priced KMD which can't be withdrawn.  You can deposit BTC but withdrawal of BTC seems to be pending indefinitely.

CryptXC exchange
https://cryptxc.com/markets/kmdbtc

Coinmarket cap, Komodo
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/komodo/#markets

The exchange hasn't had any update in it's thread since february.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1780092

Reported now in a mail to abuse@namecheap.com

On the domain:
cryptxc.com
registered through your company there is an exchange for digital money. You can deposit bitcoin but it is not possible to withdraw any. A conscious fraud.

The exchange hasn't had any update in it's thread since february.
There is no support available to contact. It needs to be stopped.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1780092
https://twitter.com/cryptxc_support

People are fooled into depositing Btc on the site because of relatively low prices on the coins Komodo, KMD, and Dash, DASH.
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/cryptxc/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/komodo/#BTC
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#BTC

Information:
Domain name: cryptxc.com
Registry Domain ID: 2095469231_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2017-02-05T04:10:08.00Z
Creation Date: 2017-02-05T03:55:47.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-02-05T03:55:47.00Z
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@namecheap.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6613102107
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: addPeriod https://icann.org/epp#addPeriod
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Registrant Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
Registrant Street: P.O. Box 0823-03411
Registrant City: Panama
Registrant State/Province: Panama
Registrant Postal Code:
Registrant Country: PA
Registrant Phone: +507.8365503
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +51.17057182
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: 0cd70d756f0f4b4791159f878fd51bc5.protect@whoisguard.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Admin Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
Admin Street: P.O. Box 0823-03411
Admin City: Panama
Admin State/Province: Panama
Admin Postal Code:
Admin Country: PA
Admin Phone: +507.8365503
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +51.17057182
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: 0cd70d756f0f4b4791159f878fd51bc5.protect@whoisguard.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Tech Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
Tech Street: P.O. Box 0823-03411
Tech City: Panama
Tech State/Province: Panama
Tech Postal Code:
Tech Country: PA
Tech Phone: +507.8365503
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +51.17057182
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: 0cd70d756f0f4b4791159f878fd51bc5.protect@whoisguard.com
Name Server: adam.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: megan.ns.cloudflare.com
DNSSEC: unsigned
CHMEX

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

https://dexstats.info

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 01:01:46 PM

Thank you. You are correct, the next payout is first Friday in July, the total impact on BTCD conversion due to the website is:

There was a meetup in Amsterdam and many team members are in the process of traveling, also there was a hackathon, so the fixing of website is on the todo list, but as long as it is fixed before the first friday of July, the net effect of this is:

I'm wondering who is the user

jl777B

Is it an impersonation of the dev?

maybe jl777 can clarify?

| K O M O D O's DEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
jl777B

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:26:01 PM

jl777B

maybe jl777 can clarify?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg19647596#msg19647596

Next time I have access to the other laptop, I will confirm. I have posted confirmation in slack.
BTCHybrid

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:46:27 PM

Ty, makes sense appreciate all the hard work invested in komodo a lot, love this project Smiley
CHMEX

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

https://dexstats.info

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 02:20:13 PM

jl777B

maybe jl777 can clarify?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg19647596#msg19647596

Next time I have access to the other laptop, I will confirm. I have posted confirmation in slack.

my bad thanks

| K O M O D O's DEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: