Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:35:54 AM

If you see this topic then I would answer between real money and clear bitcoin is different, but the same can be used for needs.
Indeed a bitcoin can generate real money, that sets it apart is just how it generated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:48:00 AM

If you see this topic then I would answer between real money and clear bitcoin is different, but the same can be used for needs.
Indeed a bitcoin can generate real money, that sets it apart is just how it generated.
Real money and bitcoin is clearly different because bitcoin is a currency and can be investment at the same time while the real money is just a currency and you can't use it for investment or even hold it for long and wait for the value of your real money to get doubled, that is not how the real money works so i don't think they are same in terms of needs.
doaremon

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 11:48:58 AM

Bitcoin create many opportunities to earn more. But dollar is just to pay or get paid.And in bitcoin its price increases over time(decreasing chance is very low). Its untraceable and safe. You don't need to pay tax for the amount of bitcoin you own. Easier transaction and low fee is also a reason to attract people to bitcoin. Its the future money. Trading, investing, mining etc are the ways to get bitcoin.

Cold-Heart

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:40:48 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

the difference of bitcoins and real money aren't really that big.. Bitcoins may easily be converted into many types of money, but i guess not all banks convert it to real money especially the local banks.. Forgive me cause i really don't have a background on converting bitcoins to money, although i know that real money is just like a bitcoin.. Its just a presentation of different types of values that a real money have however, bitcoins are not that easy to pay interms of buying food in a grocery store, because real money is more popular or known by all people with or without an internet to use daily, in other words.. Bitcoins are for those people who knows and have a backgroud for the values of a bitcoin.. And real money is for the people everywhere because it is used by all the people to buy what they need and what they want.. This is just my opinion.. Smiley thank you..
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:53:39 PM

I think the difference is simple, Bitcoin is a fiat , a commodity and a payment processing system at the same time whereas fiats (example; US$) keeps being fiat and nothing more. Bitcoin prices are volatile and subject to periodic volatility because of its commodity characteristics, it likewise exhibits fiat characteristics and can also be used as a syst m of processing payments worldwide.
OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:26:02 PM

Well, maybe bitcoin can be used all over the country, or on the internet. While real money, is only used in a country, because the fiat in each country must be different, such as altcoin. So many bitcoin comparisons with real money.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 08:55:30 PM

I think the difference is simple, Bitcoin is a fiat , a commodity and a payment processing system at the same time whereas fiats (example; US$) keeps being fiat and nothing more. Bitcoin prices are volatile and subject to periodic volatility because of its commodity characteristics, it likewise exhibits fiat characteristics and can also be used as a syst m of processing payments worldwide

Conceptually, Bitcoin has nothing to do with commodities

And still less its volatility is due to its "commodity characteristics". In fact, if Bitcoin were a commodity, a genuine commodity in the proper sense of the word (i.e. an article of commerce like a finished product or raw material), we would never see these levels of volatility at all. The same basically pertains to US dollars (or any fiat, for that matter), so the only thing that I agree with in your post is that Bitcoin is a payment system in and of itself while dollars (as well as other fiat currencies) need special entities called banks to make transfers possible (obviously, I refer to digital monies here)

jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:14:50 PM

Well, maybe bitcoin can be used all over the country, or on the internet. While real money, is only used in a country, because the fiat in each country must be different, such as altcoin. So many bitcoin comparisons with real money.

It's not a maybe that bitcoin can be used all over the country. Because we can use bitcoin wherever we are in this world.

As long as you have internet connection you can use it and that's what we need before using bitcoin for purchasing things that we want.

While real money it doesn't need internet connection because it's a real medium of exchange which is needed by a country.

And it is physically can be touch while bitcoin can't.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:21:02 PM

I agree with you, Bitcoin is an international currency, So everyone around the world can use it, whether on the internet or real world. but when we talk about physical currency, we can only use it in one or maybe few countries like dollar or euro .. etc.
So, I think this is the main difference between bitcoin and real money.

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:13:18 PM

That actually depends, because there are some currencies which are not only used in one country, but many more.
I can give you a good example, you can just use Euro in this case.

But you can always take the currency let's say from United States (so you take $) and travel with them to Europe, for example to Germany.
There is no problem to convert the USD into Euro, which you can spend in there. All is about finding trusted cantor where you can exchange the money, and to get a good rate on this trade.

With bitcoin you can do the same, but you dont need to travel with cash: you just need some access to the wallet with funds stored.

Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:59:56 AM

I agree with you, Bitcoin is an international currency, So everyone around the world can use it, whether on the internet or real world. but when we talk about physical currency, we can only use it in one or maybe few countries like dollar or euro .. etc.
All of the difference is good ofcourse we have different opinions what will be uts main difference and i guess those difference is all correct. We only need to use this differences in a good way. Digital money in online and the other currency to be use in local or in other countries .

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:31:51 AM

All of the difference is good ofcourse we have different opinions what will be uts main difference and i guess those difference is all correct. We only need to use this differences in a good way. Digital money in online and the other currency to be use in local or in other countries .
I agree with you. Everything has its own differences and also the bitcoin and the fiat or real money because they are created for their own purposes and not that idea to compete to each other and see who will be the last currency standing. Bitcoin is just like a back up or a better addition to the financial system of our world and it will be a huge help for the fiat currencies and not a threat for them.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:55:10 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 01:11:56 PM by raven7886

Bitcoin is anonymous crypto currency, but it is not so easy to use as real money.
I don’t agree with you that bitcoin is an anonymous currency and easiest way of paying and get paid. It’s a digital currency and you can easily transfer, receive and shop through like fiats yet with more conveniences. I can easily top-up my cellular phone through bitcoin in my area as well as shop many goods.

Honestly I am not finding any big differences between bitcoin and real money in my day to day life.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:06:16 PM

Different between bitcoin and real money in my opinion is we can know how much bitcoin in the world and there are not people who can make manipulation about it and we don't know how much real money who be printed.

in real money we can see it and touch it, we can directly send it to banks whether we like it or not. and most people trusted physical money as we can say a real money because we can saw it unlike other crytocurrency and bitcoin doesnt know in all countries yet, that's why it is one of the problem regarding bitcoins. There are no big difference between them.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 02:04:23 PM

In my opinion, money and bitcoin are a necessity, and they co-exist together. There is a big difference between the two, but one thins is for sure, it's for transacting whether payments or whatever. Cryptocurrency system needs an internet connection and to people without that would have a hard time learning bitcoin. Let's see what happens in the future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
future330

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:12:21 PM

I think the biggest difference really is the acceptance.
While obviously cash is accepted ANYWHERE in the world, bitcoin is not even close. Most people still don't even have an idea what cryptocurrency even is.

Of course bitcoins are also digital and you can't put them physically in your wallet, but that factor doesn't matter that much anymore in a world of credit cards and mobile payments.
Makest

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:34:28 PM

Real money is just an agreement by which government pays us a value in exchange we can get facility's in our country these agreements do not have any ownership so anybody can have these and exchange these but in the bitcoin system these are not agreements anymore it's an digital system which transacts some fixed digital money between people over the world.

http://bitcoininspace.com/
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 04:11:16 PM

I think the biggest difference really is the acceptance.
While obviously cash is accepted ANYWHERE in the world, bitcoin is not even close. Most people still don't even have an idea what cryptocurrency even is

You forget an important thing here

Namely, that in the real world there is no abstract cash (as well as abstract digital fiat, for that matter). Cash always exists as some currency (the US dollar, Euro, or whatever). And here's the crux of the matter. Apart from a few major currencies (the same US dollar, etc), most currencies are accepted NOWHERE beyond the country which prints this currency, So, on the whole, it is in fact the majority of currencies (cash included) that are not even close to Bitcoin global acceptance. Remember that when you are going to write stuff like this again

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:54:35 PM

The only difference is that we cannot hold bitcoins physically in our wallet and that is the reason people don't have faith in bitcoins and prefer to use fiat money as they can hold it easily and that makes them to trust fiat more over bitcoins.
I don’t agree with you, if some people don’t trust bitcoin means that they are misunderstanding it as a fraud or something but they have no knowledge about bitcoins. But in reality you can convert bitcoin to fiat currency whenever you want. You can easily shop with bitcoins. In near future as more number of people will know about it and they will invest in bitcoin and will use it as their mode of payment and for receiving cross border payments.

The difference between bitcoin and real money will fade away in coming years. On a positive and hyper view, people may forget to distinguish what is bitcoins and what is fiats... lol
sergeyzol

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:59:38 PM

Bitcoin is not controlled by anyone and you can earn good money without paying taxes. It is very convenient.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: