Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 04:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 669 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹  (Read 781277 times)
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 07:31:23 PM

6 million Lisk is a huge amount, especially now that Lisk token is quite undervalued by the market. Over $1 million dollar,the remaining $400,000 is doable

i still don't get why they collect lisk? i heard and read that ark time don't like lisk. but they accept lisk in ico. just to destroy lisk? or to be able to vote up their delegates?

please explain it o me.

at first I really supported lisk but as I see how Max has handled the situation, tbh I don't know why we are accepting lisk anymore.  All Max seems to do is take measures to try and make our project fail so now it feels like there really is no point in it anymore.
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

6 million Lisk is a huge amount, especially now that Lisk token is quite undervalued by the market. Over $1 million dollar,the remaining $400,000 is doable

i still don't get why they collect lisk? i heard and read that ark time don't like lisk. but they accept lisk in ico. just to destroy lisk? or to be able to vote up their delegates?

please explain it o me.

at first I really supported lisk but as I see how Max has handled the situation, tbh I don't know why we are accepting lisk anymore.  All Max seems to do is take measures to try and make our project fail so now it feels like there really is no point in it anymore.

I said this from day one. Not sure why ARK tied the project with lisk at all.  It only created an external point of failure, and that was quickly realized.
Just my opinion.

cannabanana

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:54:44 PM

please explain it o me.

at first I really supported lisk but as I see how Max has handled the situation, tbh I don't know why we are accepting lisk anymore.  All Max seems to do is take measures to try and make our project fail so now it feels like there really is no point in it anymore.

I said this from day one. Not sure why ARK tied the project with lisk at all.  It only created an external point of failure, and that was quickly realized.
Just my opinion.

Yeah, probably you were right and was an error in judgement on our part.  We figured that a person like max would be open to more collaboration but it seems he see's this as a war between clans or something.

He rushed many things to counter our TEC so he threw the dice, we just hope it doesn't destroy us both.
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:56:34 PM

please explain it o me.

at first I really supported lisk but as I see how Max has handled the situation, tbh I don't know why we are accepting lisk anymore.  All Max seems to do is take measures to try and make our project fail so now it feels like there really is no point in it anymore.

I said this from day one. Not sure why ARK tied the project with lisk at all.  It only created an external point of failure, and that was quickly realized.
Just my opinion.

We will find out by December 11th won't we.  20 days in crypto is a long time and a lot can happen.  We are confident minimum threshold will be met.  

-tb-

Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:59:46 PM

Just my opinion.
The same can be said of bitcoin. Fun fact is that Lisks predecessor Crypti was killed in a not small part because they couldn't diversify their BTC ICO funds before BTC tanked in a serious way.

So it is true that accepting, even favoring Lisk is a higher risk than bitcoin, but the risk/reward ratio is higher too.

It would be suboptimal if we won't get enough bitcoin to fund things in the short term, but not fatal.
Around the end of the TEC without bonus most new transfers will probably be in BTC, so the current BTC-Lisk ratio will most likely change. The only real question is total amount of funds that will arrive.
Dewi08

Activity: 1624

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:05:33 PM

Just my opinion.
The same can be said of bitcoin. Fun fact is that Lisks predecessor Crypti was killed in a not small part because they couldn't diversify their BTC ICO funds before BTC tanked in a serious way.

So it is true that accepting, even favoring Lisk is a higher risk than bitcoin, but the risk/reward ratio is higher too.

It would be suboptimal if we won't get enough bitcoin to fund things in the short term, but not fatal.
Around the end of the TEC without bonus most new transfers will probably be in BTC, so the current BTC-Lisk ratio will most likely change. The only real question is total amount of funds that will arrive.

Perhaps the success of Lisk, many new coins are taking a good example of a trade that actually bring good to the future Lisk, issue price Lisk for now this is probably a lot to disappointment in some of these days, maybe a factor the team less attention in future development the coin Lisk..

TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 09:07:59 PM

please explain it o me.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, probably you were right and was an error in judgement on our part.  We figured that a person like max would be open to more collaboration but it seems he see's this as a war between clans or something.

He rushed many things to counter our TEC so he threw the dice, we just hope it doesn't destroy us both.

You guys are working really hard at this, I truly hope you reach your goal. It's really a shame what is happening at Lisk's end.

bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 09:16:38 PM

Lisk is probably pretty close to its bottom, given that they have barely touched their funding. On top of that, they have benefited a lot from the BTC price increases. I still don't see more than a possible near term 25% downside in Lisk price and a strong possibility of a 10-40X upside over the next couple of years. Their biggest challenge after they have access to their funds will be finding blockchain qualified developers to accelerate their progress. Our challenge in Ark at this point will be to have enough BTC on hand to not have to touch the Lisk for a long time, if ever. Our monthly budget is $40,000 USD per month after TEC, so this is roughly equal to the forging earnings of the team member Lisk delegates if needed, though we would rather spend BTC for as long as possible before using even lisk from delegate earnings.

Vega

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:18:59 PM

You guys are working really hard at this, I truly hope you reach your goal. It's really a shame what is happening at Lisk's end.

I was one of those who argued heavily for favoring Lisk and I still stand by my reasoning.
To me when it come to this it wasn't about believing in Lisk or not, or trusting that it has the right management direction or not, or if sidechains will be the future or not. All of this was irrevelent for my views for pushing ARK to accept lisk. No, it came down to one simple fact. Lisk still has almost 14k bitcoin that they can spend on development, partnerships, sponsoring and PR.

I believe that this fact alone is a deciding factor for having Lisk now, as long as one is able to hold Lisk long term as ARK wants to. Because with 14k bitcoin there is only a moderate chance that it won't come a time, probably several times when Lisk is "hot" and the Lisk price surges and then stabilizes at a much higher level than it is now. It's a matter of patiences in my opinion.

Time will tell if I was mistaken.
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:24:41 PM

I was one of those who argued heavily for favoring Lisk and I still stand by my reasoning.
To me when it come to this it wasn't about believing in Lisk or not, or trusting that it has the right management direction or not, or if sidechains will be the future or not. All of this was irrevelent for my views for pushing ARK to accept lisk. No, it came down to one simple fact. Lisk still has almost 14k bitcoin that they can spend on development, partnerships, sponsoring and PR.

I believe that this fact alone is a deciding factor for having Lisk now, as long as one is able to hold Lisk long term as ARK wants to. Because with 14k bitcoin there is only a moderate chance that it won't come a time, probably several times when Lisk is "hot" and the Lisk price surges and then stabilizes at a much higher level than it is now. It's a matter of patiences in my opinion.

True.  A lot of people seem to focus on the short term price for Lisk while ARK is looking at Lisk long term.

-tb-

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:27:00 PM

I just want to say that no matter what happens, I'm quite proud of the ARC team so far. I used to be a huge supporter of LISK, but this situation really makes me question my own investment in it.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:29:07 PM

here i thought you guys had USE cases for the LSK in the future, turns out its "vega style" instead. you wanted it to dump on a pump Sad

great...
Vega

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:32:38 PM

True.  A lot of people seem to focus on the short term price for Lisk while ARK is looking at Lisk long term.
-tb-
I think the same is true for the technical problems. The fact that we are just now reached a milestone  (a stabile mainnet with decentralized delegates) that should never have been a problem to solve, just a simple fact of working, back in april is not such a happy occasion for some without the crpyto variant of stockholm syndrome, but in half a year it won't matter, and a year from now only a few "oldtimer" will remember that it ever happened.
cannabanana

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:33:10 PM

here i thought you guys had USE cases for the LSK in the future, turns out its "vega style" instead. you wanted it to dump on a pump Sad

great...

you're welcome to have your opinion but like we alwasy said, we'd use it for whatever we need.  If you want to wear your tinfoil hat all day while trying to fud ARK go for it, but don't get mad if I also voice my opinion on your opinion and how utterly stupid it is.
bitseedmike

Activity: 432

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 09:39:38 PM

Lisk is an asset we choose to accept and hold, along with Bitcoin, just like other projects have chosen to accept Ethereum. Most of the projects accepting ETH as an exchange option have some connection to it, like being built on it or a derivative work. Likewise, Ark is derived from Lisk, with plans to bridge to it, so it makes sense to accept Lisk as an exchange option since that is the community we come from.

Vega

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:47:16 PM

great...

What did you think, that our plan to hold Lisk forever? Why would anyone hold anything forever, let alone currency? That just doesn't make sence.

As for Lisk use cases, Ark and individual ark team members don't necessary have the exact same goals and interests.
Ark has no business or intention building anything on the Lisk blockhain. It's whole premise is taking another development direction, away from side-chains. That is what funds are gathered for. It doesn't mean Ark and Lisk can't cooperate (both teams and chains) but one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

The same can't be said for individuals. While cannabanana was rather vocal about his dislike of Lisk and it's management, it's not ARK teams offical stand on the issue. (I think that would be that we don't have one and remain silent on Lisks releated matters.) Personal opinions about Lisk releated issues both technical and personal vary amongst the team members. Most are on the middle and simply want to support and use both and won't be dragged into all this bickering even if they have some opinions on one subject or another.

About use cases for Lisk. I have detailed plans for a sidechain app since the beginning of Lisks ICO, it's detailed with a whitepaper half written, and still intend to make it happen when Lisk is ready for such thing. (It's still not) Others in the Ark team may have similar plans, no idea. But this has nothing to do with ARK or ARK TEC.
cannabanana

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 03:42:41 AM

Giving my support for this great project ! All aboard the crypto ARK.

thanks, welcome aboard.
cannabanana

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 04:50:35 AM

Some general info on current bonuses.
BitBanksy

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:59:34 AM

Quote from: cannabanana
FUCK YOU, you do know that ARK is having their TEC right now?  SURPRISE SURPRISE Fucking Lisk CEO tells the second major exchange to "Stop processing withdrawals".  You don't think they sent the same message to Poloniex?

Sounds fishy as fuck to me since this is the first time I heard about it.

OH BTW MAX, thanks for letting us know 10 days fucking later!

@cannabanana! remove me from your signature campaign please. No way I will endorse such behaviour. Your insolent attitude is so disrespectful and seriously tarnishing the project you try to represent.
cannabanana

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:02:43 AM

Quote from: cannabanana
FUCK YOU, you do know that ARK is having their TEC right now?  SURPRISE SURPRISE Fucking Lisk CEO tells the second major exchange to "Stop processing withdrawals".  You don't think they sent the same message to Poloniex?

Sounds fishy as fuck to me since this is the first time I heard about it.

OH BTW MAX, thanks for letting us know 10 days fucking later!

@cannabanana! remove me from your signature campaign please. No way I will endorse such behaviour. Your insolent attitude is so disrespectful and seriously tarnishing the project you try to represent.

Ok sorry to hear you leave dude, If you don't think you'd be angry in that situation then so be it.  It's not a lie, he tweeted that he did it so it's fact.  Disrespect is what he did to us when he suggested that Bittrex hold off on withdrawals.  Go ask anyone, their wallet has been down for over a week.

You can think of me anyway you want but who knows how screwed over the ARK Project have been because of the decisions Max has made.  He tweeted that this morning when someone else asked him about it.  He got caught red handed and you call me disrespectful.  

And you're right, I am insolent,  I don't have any respect for people who would manipulate the exchanges during the start of someone else's crowdfunding event.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 669 »
  Print  

Jump to: