Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:24:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation Rule: buy when others are irrationally pessimistic or too cautious  (Read 36047 times)
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:26:49 PM

ETC ? I hope you are kidding. Must be a typo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:33:29 PM

You are giving up to soon. Giving in to the fear. Just buy an amount of LTC that you feel content with. Enough so you don't feel greed and not too much so you don't feel fear. It's all about these 2 emotions. If you were like you said All in LTC earlier today that's WAY to much and of course that will lead to bad decissions driven by fear.

bitcoin seems to hitting a local top here that together with the LTC Segwit situations makes LTC a great buy atm imo. (I hold ltc but only small amount if you look to my net worth.)

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
iamnotback (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:40:48 PM

ETC ? I hope you are kidding. Must be a typo.

Corrected.
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:41:33 PM

You are giving up to soon. Giving in to the fear. Just buy an amount of LTC that you feel content with. Enough so you don't feel greed and not too much so you don't feel fear. It's all about these 2 emotions. If you were like you said All in LTC earlier today that's WAY to much and of course that will lead to bad decissions driven by fear.

bitcoin seems to hitting a local top here that together with the LTC Segwit situations makes LTC a great buy atm imo. (I hold ltc but only small amount if you look to my net worth.)

Fuck all of them. I don't need their manipulation. Money is not the most important need we have in this life.

It is a matter of principle now. I don't care if LTC goes to $100. I am not going to buy it. They had their chance with me. And they destroyed it.
RAJSALLIN

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:42:37 PM

Fuck all of them. I don't need their manipulation. Money is not the most important need we have in this life.

Of course not but it's still important in that it gives us freedom to do what we want. In your case coding your bitcoin killer.

You've analysed this perfectly bugs me to see you throwing in the towel at this hour.

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:45:29 PM

It is a matter of principle now. I don't care if LTC goes to $100. I am not going to buy it. They had their chance with me. And they destroyed it.

According to the title of this thread, your response is a strong buy indicator. LOL

DELETED
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:47:36 PM

lol you are rather skittish, then again i've held all along (tis my reserve for many years) so yeah i'm loooooong with no intention of selling, tis not about the fiat.
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:55:27 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 04:39:57 PM by iamnotback

You've analysed this perfectly bugs me to see you throwing in the towel at this hour.

Sell high, buy low. Less drama.

LTC is high. ETH is low. Really is a no brainer. Then I don't need to stare at Poloniex all the time.

lol you are rather skittish, then again i've held all along (tis my reserve for many years) so yeah i'm loooooong with no intention of selling, tis not about the fiat.

If you are holding long-term, that is a different position than mine.

I am not at all interested in off chain scaling for centralized hubs and private fractional reserve banking. I want on chain scaling and I know that can't be done with Bitcoin nor Litecoin. So I would have no fundamental interest in holding Litecoin long-term. The off chain scaling is important to some people and sectors, but it isn't philosophically something I want to invest in long-term.

I was only in it for the pump. And to remove the scaling war which was messing with Bitcoin (since for the time being I want to hold my reserve cash in BTC).
RAJSALLIN

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:00:24 PM

LTC is high. ETH is low. Really is a no brainer. Then I don't need to stare at Poloniex at the time.

I am not at all interested in off chain scaling for centralized hubs and private fractional reserve banking.

I was only in it for the pump. And to remove the scaling war which was messing with Bitcoin (since for the time being I want to hold my reserve cash in BTC).

ETH is still about 3x higher than it was a little bit more than a month ago. It's in a broken bubble imo. I'd rather hold LTC at this point in time.

Anyway well played. Knew you were good at speculating in price on a little bit longer time frame. This thread showed you were superb also on a very short time frame.

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:03:05 PM

ETH is still about 3x higher than it was a little bit more than a month ago. It's in a broken bubble imo. I'd rather hold LTC at this point in time.

On the ETH chart (at least on Poloniex) draw that wedge from March 28 top and with the bottom line from March 16 and 18 bottoms through the April 6 bottom. That wedge is closing and a massive upside breakout should ensue.

LTC has two weeks that it must stay above 75% to activate. At any time these Chinamen can use Twitter to crash the price.

The signaling already exceeded 76% and most people are reacting "wake me up in 2 weeks".

I don't think Bitcoiners are really interested in highly volatile alts. They are very conservative and will wait for the price to fall back down.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:05:36 PM

You're acting and behaving very erratic lately, you're all over the place, quite literally too. Be careful you're not slipping into a state of psychosis mate. Just look at yourself constantly spamming these forums with your posts all day everywhere thinking everyone is looking at you and acting on whatever you are evangelizing about. You're acting like some kind of crazy wannabe cult leader lol. Newsflash: You are not important, the market doesn't care about you and your silly opinions about democracy or immutability or whomever you believe Satoshi is. Jihan Wu isn't looking at your posts and thinking ''hmmm, this guy really knows what's up better listen to him.'' No, you are just an ordinary person like the rest of us here. Stay humble and honest and don't let the market get to your head. Wink

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:07:06 PM

You're acting and behaving very erratic lately, you're all over the place, quite literally too. Be careful you're not slipping into a state of psychosis mate.

That is really a fucked up thing to say to someone. Can you learn some manners.

Just because I have an opinion and made a trade, doesn't make me psycho.

You guys love money so much that you are willing to attack people because of speculation. Sick.

I said I am tired of the manipulation. I don't have time to deal with such a wacky chart. And it is more pleasant for me to sell and buy ETH which is at a bottom point and nearing a massive wedge breakout.

I don't need the stress of dealing with worrying about if the bozos will tweet something. I don't want to press F5 on their Twitter pages every 30 seconds.

I don't want to be a slave to some bozos.

No, you are just an ordinary person like the rest of us here. Stay humble and honest and don't let the market get to your head. Wink

We are all human. Some of us are smarter than others.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:12:23 PM

Wow, that was one epic 180 turnaround in sentiment on LTC and it only took you 5 hrs, Iamback. It at least took Trump 3 days to pull his on Syria.  Cheesy ETH very well might have some movements coming up but there's plenty more upside potential %-wise on LTC than on ETH. You should know that at least, but considering you have comfortability issues you may have made a decent decision - albeit hasty.
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:15:14 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 04:36:55 PM by iamnotback

Wow, that was one epic 180 turnaround in sentiment on LTC and it only took you 5 hrs, Iamback. It at least took Trump 3 days to pull his on Syria.  Cheesy ETH very well might have some movements coming up but there's plenty more upside potential %-wise on LTC than on ETH. You should know that at least, but considering you have comfortability issues you may have made a decent decision - albeit hasty.

I don't dither around too long on decisions. I was waffling between selling out and buying ETH after I noticed that huge wedge pattern on ETH several hours earlier.

Yes I made a decision based on my opportunity costs.

And don't complain to me when the fuckers Tweet something and the price crashes again.

I want to invest in aggregate markets, not manipulated markets where one guy with 42% of the hashrate under his direction, can make a killing shorting and tweeting at the expense of all of us.

As I observe the movement of this chart since BW.com started signaling and the percentage reached 56%, I see the reaction of the market is a double top. Not good. Maybe it is just a temporary double-top that will be exceeded to the upside, or maybe it is the market saying they don't trust the Chinamen.

I could be wrong and miss a big gain on LTC. But as I said, I made a decision to not care about it any more.

I don't invest just to make a gain only. I invest because I believe in something. I thought I was helping to relieve pressure on the Bitcoin scaling war and also elevating a worthy coin. But now I am coming to the opinion that I am aiding a manipulation and I don't feel good about it. I lost my conviction because the market is very skeptical.

And I got to thinking about what the chart is speaking to me and I think it might be indicating that the people are not trusting Litecoin any more.

When you have that F2Pool bozo in the previous incident obviously shorting Litecoin and using Twitter to crash the price, I think it has made investors very defiant. I read one guy wrote there was no way he was buying it at these high prices. I might be wrong in my intuition on that as it is only anecdotal.

I realized that a lot of people might be influenced by my posts about the large opportunity in LTC and then I got the impression that the chart is still being manipulated even with BW.com signaling and I realized I might be influencing a lot of people to be fodder for the manipulators and professional traders. This bothered me.

These miners should not be obfuscating and manipulating if they want the world to trust these systems.

Lastly I think I should entirely stop publicly commenting about speculation, because I see it can create conflicts and resentment.

I put a lot of effort into the LTC analysis and the recent dive into the Bitcoin scalepocalpyse politics, immutability, and technological issues. I learned and refined my knowledge on these issues, so it was worthwhile in that respect. That can help guide my upcoming decisions as a project dev as well.

I probably went too overboard past few days trying to "wrap it up" and wanting it emphatically completed. I was getting quite impatient, because it was sucking up a lot of time.

I felt a responsibility and I was afraid they would crash the price again and many people would blame me. This was stressing me immensely. So I decided to cut the umbilical cord. Again I didn't like the way the chart was developing.
RAJSALLIN

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:15:53 PM

In support of Anonymint. Yes people all over the bitcoin sphere do follow him. He isn't liek you or me. He actually knows his shit better than almost anyone in the entire community. Give him some respect.

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
JessicaG

Activity: 343
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:47:28 PM

I want to create something which is a long-term value investment. That changes the Internet in a fundamental way. And also which strips these miners and also these whales and exchanges of the power to leech on us and manipulate us. The only way to accomplish that is to create something which has more value for use than for its monetary value. I realize by now from my analysis of Bitcoin as a commodity that my project BitNet will not be primarily a monetary unit, although it will have a fungible token that I posit will grandly reward long-term hodlers. The point is that users will get more value out of using the token than speculating with it. That will change everything and paradigm-shift away from this nonsense we are trapped in now.

How about less jibberish and more deeds, hmm?

Go work on your BitNet. Please.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:49:36 PM

I don't dither around too long on decisions. I was waffling between selling out and buying ETH after I noticed that huge wedge pattern on ETH several hours earlier.

Yes I made a decision based on my opportunity costs.

And don't complain to me when the fuckers Tweet something and the price crashes again.

I want to invest in aggregate markets, not manipulated markets where one guy with 42% of the hashrate under his direction, can make a killing shorting and tweeting at the expense of all of us.

As I observe the movement of this chart since BW.com started signaling and the percentage reached 56%, I see the reaction of the market is a double top. Not good. Maybe it is just a temporary double-top that will be exceeded to the upside, or maybe it is the market saying they don't trust the Chinamen.

I could be wrong and miss a big gain on LTC. But as I said, I made a decision to not care about it any more.

I don't invest just to make a gain only. I invest because I believe in something. I thought I was helping to relieve pressure on the Bitcoin scaling war and also elevating a worthy coin. But now I am coming to the opinion that I am aiding a manipulation and I don't feel good about it. I lost my conviction because the market is very skeptical.

And I got to thinking about what the chart is speaking to me and I think it might be indicating that the people are not trusting Litecoin any more.

When you have that F2Pool bozo in the previous incident obviously shorting Litecoin and using Twitter to crash the price, I think it has made investors very defiant. I read one guy wrote there was no way he was buying it at these high prices. I might be wrong in my intuition on that as it is only anecdotal.

I realized that a lot of people might be influenced by my posts about the large opportunity in LTC and then I got the impression that the chart is still being manipulated even with BW.com signaling and I realized I might be influencing a lot of people to be fodder for the manipulators and professional traders. This bothered me.

These miners should not be obfuscating and manipulating if they want the world to trust these systems.

Lastly I think I should entirely stop publicly commenting about speculation, because I see it can create conflicts and resentment.

I put a lot of effort into the LTC analysis and the recent dive into the Bitcoin scalepocalpyse politics, immutability, and technological issues. I learned and refined my knowledge on these issues, so it was worthwhile in that respect. That can help guide my upcoming decisions as a project dev as well.

I probably went too overboard past few days trying to "wrap it up" and wanting it emphatically completed. I was getting quite impatient, because it was sucking up a lot of time.

I felt a responsibility and I was afraid they would crash the price again and many people would blame me. This was stressing me immensely. So I decided to cut the umbilical cord. Again I didn't like the way the chart was developing.

First you speculate in favour towards LTC, than you breaking bad and start new speculation towards ETH, and when all important parts played, you start thinking that you should not do that at all (read speculation). This is so so bad of you. You've got a lot of appreciation in other posts and now you act like guys in Twitter, that manipulate price, the only difference is that they do not write pages of excuses and have bigger audience to be manipulated.

You've panic dude, and you created it for your followers, not a smart move.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:50:34 PM

In support of Anonymint. Yes people all over the bitcoin sphere do follow him. He isn't liek you or me. He actually knows his shit better than almost anyone in the entire community. Give him some respect.

He IS just like you and me, stop putting him on a pedestal it will only worsen his narcissism.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:59:54 PM

LTC is high. ETH is low. Really is a no brainer. Then I don't need to stare at Poloniex all the time.

I am not at all interested in off chain scaling for centralized hubs and private fractional reserve banking. I want on chain scaling and I know that can't be done with Bitcoin nor Litecoin. So I would have no fundamental interest in holding Litecoin long-term. The off chain scaling is important to some people and sectors, but it isn't philosophically something I want to invest in long-term.

If it means you'll sleep better, then it was a wise move! I don't think you'll lose long term sitting in ETH.

Personally, I don't play the short term trading game. I only recently diversified a bit out of BTC into a few top 10 alts because I felt the it was a wise move considering all the stupidity. Your recent analysis of LTC I think is spot on and I'm sufficiently diversified that I've got no problem holding my whole portfolio long term.

Now get to work goddamnit!  Grin
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:08:02 PM

First you speculate in favour towards LTC, than you breaking bad and start new speculation towards ETH, and when all important parts played, you start thinking that you should not do that at all (read speculation). This is so so bad of you. You've got a lot of appreciation in other posts and now you act like guys in Twitter, that manipulate price, the only difference is that they do not write pages of excuses and have bigger audience to be manipulated.

You've panic dude, and you created it for your followers, not a smart move.

Dude, it's up to YOU to have done your own due diligence on anything you invest in. You must have conviction! If you're literally trading off the analysis of one person, then you're fucked anyways. Read what @iamnotback says, as it's highly valuable, but you have to UNDERSTAND what he is saying, form your own opinions, and combine it all with analysis from other knowledgeable people in the industry. We have many... Andreas Antonopoulus, Trace Mayer, Tone Vays, Tuur Demeester, etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: