Bitcoin Forum
February 19, 2019, 06:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHUB.io || +Microwallet (9 coins) ||+Dice & +Jackpot||+Games||+Exchange  (Read 98642 times)
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1037

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 07:37:40 PM

Hey guys,

I need to take a break from coding.
I caught a cold and I had my wisdom tooth pulled out. It hurts like hell.

Need to recover fast, otherwise it will take longer to finish FH
Ginger tea or Echinacea tea with honey and lemon are the best for cold  Smiley just google it if you don't believe me.
And are natural , without chemical pills  Smiley
Had some ginger tea, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, heh.

Gonna start working on faucethub again from tomorrow. Open beta with shadow coins (fake coins) will be open for public, very soon.
Please keep in mind: fake coins

Main website has grown to 1.6+ million registered users who are focused on crypto. Working on a advertising network, which aims to attract millions and millions of crypto impressions. If you need more info, PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
nikec

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 08:30:16 PM

Gonna start working on faucethub again from tomorrow. Open beta with shadow coins (fake coins) will be open for public, very soon.

you the best, get better quickly, Bitcoin will not escape Smiley
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 09:22:41 PM

you the best, get better quickly, Bitcoin will not escape Smiley
I already feel better Smiley

-----

Hey guys, something I'd let you know: https://twitter.com/FaucetHubIO/status/801172729592479744

Main website has grown to 1.6+ million registered users who are focused on crypto. Working on a advertising network, which aims to attract millions and millions of crypto impressions. If you need more info, PM me.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 03:05:23 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2016, 04:02:07 PM by mexicantarget

Faucet owners will have a "Owner" label next to their name in the chat.
Added Today's payouts as well.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

tomos81

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:52:31 PM

I think i am the first Faucet owner that "using" FaucetHub Cheesy
However it's not finished yet, i promised to my users, they will be paid by this service.. (dont want to make an advertisement, who wants,will find my faucet)

So mexicantarget, fingers crossed , hopefully my users will not wait too long Smiley

keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:15:15 PM

However it's not finished yet, i promised to my users, they will be paid by this service.. (dont want to make an advertisement, who wants,will find my faucet)

So mexicantarget, fingers crossed , hopefully my users will not wait too long Smiley

Don't be so shy. If you do not want to give the address of your faucet, I'll do it. Smiley

I think it is that one: http://klondikeunderground.xyz/VirtualPub/

Everyone wants to see how it works! Wink

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
tomos81

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:19:15 AM

Don't be so shy. If you do not want to give the address of your faucet, I'll do it. Smiley

I think it is that one: http://klondikeunderground.xyz/VirtualPub/

Everyone wants to see how it works! Wink

I am not here to make an ad to my faucet Cheesy

ijust wanted to tell, i am probably the first who WILL use FH and already running the faucet Tongue

ReBTCer

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:08:05 AM

Take your time dude! make it the best Micropayment site in the world! also add lot protection to bots and hackers! Has a lot potential this project dude!

My Faucets! BTC|DOGE|LTC
(2 per cryptocurrency!)
http://bit.ly/2fqHL2w
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 06:45:03 PM

Folks, BETA will be ready for public in 1-2 hours from now.

Please use BETA thread for bug reports, feedback, etc:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1692263.0

toecutter

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 10:48:41 AM

I believe your idea of adding use registrations is a very bad one.

Let me preface by saying that,
a) I do realize you have 100k+ users and can afford to not care
b) I will mention other similar services in this post, but I'm not a shill or endorsing those
c) SG support you no matter what, just for the fun of it

The beauty of FaucetBOX was that one could use it without even realizing he was using it.
(Hell, I can use FaucetBOX to send you bitcoins right now, and it will work, without you even having to learn what FaucetBOX is.)

Many newbie faucet users do not initially understand where are their satoshi going, assuming they will just end up in their wallets. As they eventually do! Some users can become worried and visit the "address checker" page. There, it explains the whole dust transaction ordeal, shows the progress till threshold and lists the latest payments. At this point, the user get an "a-ha" moment, it clicks, and FaucetBOX takes it rightful place as a middle-man in his mind.

An ideal faucet contains 1 address field, 1 captcha and 1 "CLAIM" button, with no redirects, no account sign-ups, etc (Such a faucet might not exist in this world). One page load, one form submission, one "drip". Your system complicates it by 3 extra steps, at best. At worst, it would just drive the poor user away. Now he has to learn what "faucethub" is, what a "faucethub account" is, which one is which, and why is that scary-looking number is even needed, if his "address" is just his email?

Then, you system kinda breaks the automation aspect. If I get error 456, there's nothing I can do about it without human intervention. For automatic payouts this is really problematic.

Case in point: let's say I want to migrate my faucet website with many referral users to FaucetHub. In a "perfect" migration situation, I would just start sending their satoshi to the new website, and the net effect would be the same. But with your new system, they will first have to become worried that their payouts have stopped, then investigate each and every site, create faucethub account, etc.

In a more philosophical terms, this systems abandons lots of good ideas bitcoin (and faucetbox after it) brought into the world. One of those ideas is that "accounts" are a meaningless archaic concept, that linking identity to a wallet address is futile and counter-productive, and that if you need to prove anything, you should use crypto (such as message signing), not privacy-intrusive methods like ID scans or email addresses.

I think it was really beautiful, that faucetbox pages worked as-is, with any possible bitcoin address, right out of the box. The fact that they were public to everyone reflected the fact that blockchain is public to everyone. Doing something meaningful to those addresses (changing the threshold, effectively requesting a withdrawal) was only possible if you had a private key, reflecting another important bitcoin idea: you can still retain control over what's publicly accessible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all bitcoin-related sites should abolish accounts or off-chain transactions, I'm just saying faucetbox was getting the spirit of crypto. That account thing you're doing, it really doesn't.

What's worse, your system reduces the bitcoin address from a primary identifier to an attribute of a faucethbub.io account.
Why even ask for a wallet address at all? Arguably that's a waste of time, if your intention is to get to faucethub account name. And those are easier to remember too, so why not go all XAPO on our asses and just use that?

And to circle this back to the automation aspect, I would argue that letting the transaction pass, and keeping the coins in some kind of the "future" wallet is a more convenient way to do things for both faucet users and owners. Consider the:

hey, 1bitcoinAddressHSH, you just got 12 satoshi, but you can't withdraw them before you signup here, haha!

approach. That's what PayPal is doing (for credit cards vs email addresses) and that's what XAPO is doing (as far as I know). Or maybe it's a kind of a lose-lose situation, only to be solved by not having any accounts at all.

P.S. What happens when someone else gets my address linked to his account? Can I reclaim it using the message signing?

P.P.S.: How about an immediate ref.payout to a non-faucethub-approved BTC address?

Sorry for the wall of text, hopefully I've managed to express myself fully without angering you too much.

TL;DR accounts bad ; error 456 small yet deal-breaking change to faucetbox API

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
tomos81

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:59:13 AM

@toecutter, i agree with you in 90% and you have interesting PS and PPS.

but: in the beginning of BTC there wasnt bots, scams etc. You must protect your money and BTC address and its payments (yes this is the philosphy of BTC address - super secure and anonymous). So why not spend 1 minute from your life and register your FaucetHub account? It costs you nothing, just few clicks and 1 email confirmation. And i hope in mex's databse our data are in safe place. I hope and i am pretty sure, the number of bot attacks and dry faucets will be reduced in significant way,so there will be more rewards in human's accounts and no money for bots.

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 04:17:35 PM

Hey guys, just woke.

@toecutter

I totally understand all your points, but I haven't even finished 50% of what I had in my mind Smiley

I'm going to give a detailed reply when I wake up properly

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1158

evidence soon

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:25:30 PM

Nice work mexican, you did excellent work!
I think you still have some work to do, for example i don't see how to put more than one address there, not everyone is using only 1 address for faucets, like someone with lots of referrals. I don't think creating multiple accounts with only one address is option.
I see there is chat with rains and tips like in your faucets, this is nice but not good without any protection, especially for newbies. I don't think everyone will sign up to faucethub the next moment they get coins from faucet, so someone could take other peoples address and send coins to his other account with simple /tip in chat. Maybe to sign message before joining chat?

xyzabc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Spacey The Bird★ Android Game , Bitco

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:26:34 PM

@toecutter
I had also conveyed my reservations about acount thing and how it will be confusing and hassling for people new to bitcoin and who already are very confused initially of how a digital thing is a real life currency too!
He at time talked about keeping some exceptions and that he was adding account thing for security purposes alone.
Maybe he'll give us option to turn account thing on and off!

So mex waiting eagerly for your reply!

tomos81

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:36:50 PM

I think i found a solution for non registered users..
Mex - make one table in mysql, only 3 fields -   ID (autoincrement lol) , BTC_ADDRESS (utf8_bin), and PENDING (INT)
if API sending some satoshis to non registered account, just update/insert to this table.. After reistering the BTC address the pending satoshis will be added to his account..

I think it's simple and effective

easy and nobody will lose satoshis Smiley

5ub_zer0

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:39:01 PM

I think all faucet-owners know about the "problematic" with automatic account creation (faucetBOX sets up automatic for you and you have not to care about - enter your wallet address and threshold and here we go - some jokers maybe set the threshold for others to an other amount but ok your money is still save) but you can create 100 of these acounts without a check if the user exists - so if you are a billionaire and dont have to care about your money thats ok - for me I dont want to pay cheater - if a user dont want to register an account .. I really can deal with it one shady person fewer on my faucet and I can increase the reward for the good ones.  

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 04:40:46 PM

I need you guys be patient until I finish everything I've planned to do. After I'm done, I'll do the edits/exceptions/adds which are needed to make the service easier for everyone.

I got a phone call, I need to leave for 1-3 hours.

For now, please, use the BETA topic to discuss about platform suggestions, bugs, etc.

Thanks guys Smiley

toecutter

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 06:25:24 PM

Hey guys, just woke.

@toecutter

I totally understand all your points, but I haven't even finished 50% of what I had in my mind :)

I'm going to give a detailed reply when I wake up properly

Don't worry about it, you have better things to spend time on. Just letting you know is good enough for me. Do what you have to do, and we will mostly follow anyway.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 05:12:06 PM

https://faucethub.io/lottery

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 12:13:20 PM

I believe your idea of adding use registrations is a very bad one.
~snipped
This is what I've been trying to explain from start.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.