Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:27:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384495 times)
AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:34:10 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 01:19:10 AM by AGM76

Bitconnect.com (which may have just been an affiliate of .co but still redirects to a bitconnect page) had the same owners as ethconnect.net (that shut down) although I can't really go into all the proof of that now (it includes the logo of ethconnect.net being on the ethconnect.com site well before it was on the .net site and the .com is definitely linked to bitconnect.com). Saw someone post this about the ethconnect owner on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTHVLwuv190

The name of the guy who ran the Ethconnect scam, and in fact apparently runs many scams, is Yair Shalev

Here is the Ethconnect ICANN lookup. He obviously proxies the name registration information because he's a scammer and doesn't want to be identified. However, ICANN still requires a registration contact number. He gave the same (probablypre-paid cell phone) that he gives for all of his scam domain registrations. (this will come up in a minute)

ICANN lookup: https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=www.ethconnect.net

So, a quick google search of the number registered on the Ethconnect ICANN registration brings up the name "Yair Shalev", mostly in the context of a known fraudster/ mass spammer listed on "Spamhaus" who has had the FTC bring charges against him in the past for defrauding people with fake correspondence from the government regarding the Affordable Care Act and health care. Apparently what he does (since he is blacklisted from many places from renting servers, domain registrations etc.) is he pays some poor hispanic local who isn't blacklisted in Florida where he lives to use their credit card for registration of the domains needed in his spamming operations or whatever scam he is trying to pull off at the time.

The ICANN is another dead giveaway that he is indeed in America because the phone number which he registers his scam domains with has a +1 before it (this is the number +1.4806242599) which in the national phone format indicates that the number is from the U.S. (or possibly Canada). Again, this is the contact for all of his scam domains as can be seen on Spamhaus.

Main Yair info from Spamhaus - https://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence/ROK8847/yair-shalev-kobeni-solutions/main-info

Spamhouse link with his domains and reused contact number - https://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence/ROK8859/yair-shalev-kobeni-solutions/kobeni-solutions-domains

More information:

His facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/yair.shalev.7?lst=100022340060935%3A722526248%3A1516153462

His wife's facebook where he is clearly visible in pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/tali.shalev.1

Florida address of his 1.9 million dollar home:
845 Meridian Ln
Hollywood, FL 33019
(https://www.whitepages.com/address/845-Meridian-Ln/Hollywood-FL)

His Landline numbers:
954-457-3885      

954-924-1027
https://www.whitepages.com/name/Yair-Shalev-Shalev/Hollywood-FL/uc9c9kv

This guy's whole "japanese" schtick was just to make people think he couldn't be found and prosecuted. He lives in Florida with his wife Tali and has been scamming people with cyber scams for years. Just look at the court documents and judgments entered against him on his scamhaus page.

Ethconnect and mmm.co and bitconnect.com (maybe not the real .co) are related : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C43Ra5AXBms
Actually, some bitconnect.com URLs (all 404s or not found ones) redirected to mmm.co at one point too which proves the connection to ethconnect.

Actually, I think the phone number is just what is used automatically for private registration so it's probably not that guy. Ethconnect.com is still linked to Bitconnect.com
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:34:11 AM

With all the money and experience bitconnect had, they couldnt hire to get a decent running scamsite?  supposedly ethconneth.

I dont buy it.  smh  Conspiracy theory
AGM76

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:19:16 AM

With all the money and experience bitconnect had, they couldnt hire to get a decent running scamsite?  supposedly ethconneth.

I dont buy it.  smh  Conspiracy theory

People thought bitconnect.com was just an affiliate but it's weird how it had the domain name and posted the same news stories...

Anyway, looking at the lending platforms Bitconnect seems to be the one with the highest price out of all of them still haah (Davor is barely a dollar and HomeBlockCoin is not much higher - Falcon still going at 60cents  but that seems to be doing better than before when it was 12cents etc)

It is possible to keep operating at low prices as long as there is unlimited amount of tokens to pay but the inflation will mean there won't be enough buyers after a while. The coin only goes up when there is demand and the lending needs to pay less tokens back to the lenders for the company to actually make a profit without lowering the token price.
zintips

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:30:55 AM

In a Nutshell:

The real question is what happens if stocks and bond tumble, and the dollar does not go up. That would be the real crisis and one which would explain not only the record recent cryptocurrency bid, but also confirm the fact that the dollar's day as the world's primary reserve are numbered.
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:51:24 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 10:08:45 AM by alevlaslo

Scam coins:

1) create a coin, the makers then buy it themselves at himself without investment, and as soon as the warrants for the purchase of sell all in one motion. Living example - BCC

2) create a coin with a huge premine and the creators give all every week for 7% airdrop, and as soon as there is a serious warrant for the purchase of sell a huge balance in one motion. A living example - BTX

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:58:17 AM

I'm in huge shock to see some people are still defending this ponzi scam there is really insane. Google is our friend so anybody can make search on current situation and what future will be of those who are still buying soon they will get rekt. Anyway I'm feeling bad for new comers who are still buying this dead coin.
AGM76

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:55:34 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 03:05:48 PM by AGM76

I'm in huge shock to see some people are still defending this ponzi scam there is really insane. Google is our friend so anybody can make search on current situation and what future will be of those who are still buying soon they will get rekt. Anyway I'm feeling bad for new comers who are still buying this dead coin.

Most people know that all cryptocurrencies that don't share profits in some way are total Ponzi schemes (including bitcoin). I am pretty sure the lending platform popularity from a few months back caused bitcoin to go up in price so much. Now everyone is thinking there was something wrong with the platforms (when they weren't as Ponzi as most coins) the bitcoin price has gone down to new lows. All these lending platforms were receiving millions of dollars every day in the ICOs and there were dozens of them. All the FUD has caused bitcoin to crash also.

I suppose you can't blame anyone but all the complainers. Bitconnect was working fine and didn't dump any coins (it was a few hundred dollars still when it cancelled the lending). It wasn't even using its BCC reserves as they profited so much. Now all the other working platforms like Unix, Falcon, Davor, HomeBlockCoin, Exacoin etc are struggling not to go into reserves and the price is under $1 for them and inflation will just make it worse unless people stop fudding. Remember investors have tens of millions invested in these and nothing other than the complainers are making them possibly lose money. Lendconnect was still a few dollars last time I checked.

By the way, the biggest misconception I see people talking about is that they promised 1% daily returns but that was never the case. People started to expect that after the other lending platforms came out with even higher starting returns (Davor started at over 2% per day for many weeks but now is much lower...  0.08% has been the lowest).

Davor is still paying out BTC within minutes despite being down to 77cents now (just withdrew now). Nobody even did any loans for their millionaire loan competition cos people were saying it was an exit scam etc.

Bitcoin down to near $7k:
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:44:05 PM

I suppose you can't blame anyone but all the complainers. Bitconnect was working fine and didn't dump any coins (it was a few hundred dollars still when it cancelled the lending). It wasn't even using its BCC reserves as they profited so much. Now all the other working platforms like Unix, Falcon, Davor, HomeBlockCoin, Exacoin etc are struggling not to go into reserves and the price is under $1 for them and inflation will just make it worse unless people stop fudding. Remember investors have tens of millions invested in these and nothing other than the complainers are making them possibly lose money. Lendconnect was still a few dollars last time I checked.

No, the scammers are making them lose money. And their own greed to some extent. All ponzis work "fine" for a while and all ponzis collapse when they run out of new suckers.

People will not stop "fudding" and "complaining" - otherwise known as "stating obvious facts" - as long as these scammers keep lying and scamming.
AGM76

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:20:10 PM

https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/01/30/us-state-senators-introduce-bill-exempting-tokens-securities-laws

The eight page accessible and very readable bill says: “A developer or seller of an open blockchain token shall not be deemed the issuer of a security… if the token has not been marketed by the developer or seller as an investment; the token is exchangeable for goods or services; and the developer or seller of the token has not entered into a repurchase agreement of any kind or entered into an agreement to locate a buyer for the token.”

If this bill passes, it would be the first token specific law in the world passed by any elected legislative body. Its persuasive power, therefore, in any state or federal court, within and outside of US in free lands, might be considerable because it would be the only indication by the elected on how tokens should be treated.
AGM76

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:27:06 PM

It is quite possible that Bitconnect being forced to close the lending (when the coin was still at a few hundred dollars and they were in good financial shape) had a big effect on Bitcoin price.

It went from close to $15k to under $10k within days. It is still falling now. Less lending platform customers, less demand for BTC.

It was the middle of the dip when the lending was closed, but it had been suffering from DDOS and access problems too so people couldn't access the site very much. Notice how the dip after the lending closed recovered back a bit (it was right in the middle of $15k to $10k so around $12.5k when it was announced, probably).
coinmenace

Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:40:59 PM

It is quite possible that Bitconnect being forced to close the lending (when the coin was still at a few hundred dollars and they were in good financial shape) had a big effect on Bitcoin price.

It went from close to $15k to under $10k within days. It is still falling now. Less lending platform customers, less demand for BTC.

I don't think the recent dip in Bitcoin price is because of lending platforms and even nothing to do with bitconnect. There's a lot of FUD around like India banning bitcoin exchanges, credit cards companies banning crypto purchase, china banning foreign crypto exchanges, Tether's audit not happening, coincheck hack (but more impact on NEM).

It's good though that scams are being rooted out by regulators warning about it.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:43:56 PM

Most people know that all cryptocurrencies that don't share profits in some way are total Ponzi schemes (including bitcoin). I am pretty sure the lending platform popularity from a few months back caused bitcoin to go up in price so much. Now everyone is thinking there was something wrong with the platforms (when they weren't as Ponzi as most coins) the bitcoin price has gone down to new lows. All these lending platforms were receiving millions of dollars every day in the ICOs and there were dozens of them. All the FUD has caused bitcoin to crash also.

By the way, the biggest misconception I see people talking about is that they promised 1% daily returns but that was never the case. People started to expect that after the other lending platforms came out with even higher starting returns (Davor started at over 2% per day for many weeks but now is much lower...  0.08% has been the lowest).

Davor is still paying out BTC within minutes despite being down to 77cents now (just withdrew now). Nobody even did any loans for their millionaire loan competition cos people were saying it was an exit scam etc.

Oh, how we pine for the days when every time somebody made money off BitConnect, somebody else ALSO made money off BitConnect. Damn them FUDsters for it's premature demise. I'm willing to bet that them same FUDsters or their parents also contributed to the demise of BETAMAX, opening the door for the lesser product, VHS.

Crestington
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:40:26 PM

to the dumbasses that bought this coin past two days when the verdict is already out on the coin. SMFH

Not looking good at $6.54 according to Coinmarketcap. Maybe this is the first coin in crypto history that in fact goes from billions to zero.

I watched Paycoin go from 100 million marketcap to 300k. Once it was branded a scam, it slowly died over about 6 months until people got bored of posting about it.
AGM76

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:42:40 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 10:59:57 PM by AGM76

Oh, how we pine for the days when every time somebody made money off BitConnect, somebody else ALSO made money off BitConnect. Damn them FUDsters for it's premature demise. I'm willing to bet that them same FUDsters or their parents also contributed to the demise of BETAMAX, opening the door for the lesser product, VHS.

The lending platforms work because when running smoothly everyone is willing to pay for the tokens at any price but at a certain level it will inevitably crash (maybe after being valued in the millions of dollars like some predict bitcoin to reach). If people are not buying as much due to bad press and FUD but people are selling the interest payments every day the price will have to fall, not least through inflation due to the company having to use their reserves of their coin. Davor have been quiet since the Telegram Q&A a few days ago in which they said they have no plans of closing and the coin seem to be quite stable now at 50cents. I think Davor are hoping it will get to single digits so they can buy up every coin in existence for well under a million dollars (they received $6million of BTC in the ICO when BTC was around $6k). There is nothing unsustainable about lending platforms, people just don't understand how they work. While the price goes up, they end up reducing the supply with the lending (similar to share buybacks) and can also sell some of that as profit to market the coin. When market forces (which are also at play with all coins) mean the price of the coin goes down, it probably needs to be bought back with profits to increase the price and reduce the inflation from the increased circulating supply.

Bitcoin has fallen for the same reasons. More sellers than buyers and bad publicity. Many people think that whales are controlling the whole market. Bitcoin only gives profits to the exchanges and doesn't have a company behind it to hype it with the profits (lending platforms are taking these profits from users lending the coin who also profit at the same time so are not stealing from other users by dumping the coins). Bitcoin just has lots of corrupted or previously traumatised users who are then easily manipulated into believing in it (anti-government and anti-bank propaganda etc). There is nothing backing the price of bitcoin unlike fiat currency that is backed by governments.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/914799/bitcoin-india-cryptocurrency-finance-minister-Arun-Jaitley-Ponzi-scheme
At the end of last year, the government issued a warning that cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme.
svennnny

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:04:15 PM

The lending platforms work because when running smoothly everyone is willing to pay for the tokens at any price but at a certain level it will inevitably crash (maybe after being valued in the millions of dollars like some predict bitcoin to reach). If people are not buying as much due to bad press and FUD but people are selling the interest payments every day the price will have to fall, not least through inflation due to the company having to use their reserves of their coin. Davor have been quiet since the Telegram Q&A a few days ago in which they said they have no plans of closing and the coin seem to be quite stable now at 50cents. I think Davor are hoping it will get to single digits so they can buy up every coin in existence for well under a million dollars (they received $6million of BTC in the ICO when BTC was around $6k). There is nothing unsustainable about lending platforms, people just don't understand how they work. While the price goes up, they end up reducing the supply with the lending (similar to share buybacks) and can also sell some of that as profit to market the coin. When market forces (which are also at play with all coins) mean the price of the coin goes down, it probably needs to be bought back with profits to increase the price and reduce the inflation from the increased circulating supply.

Bitcoin has fallen for the same reasons. More sellers than buyers and bad publicity. Many people think that whales are controlling the whole market. Bitcoin only gives profits to the exchanges and doesn't have a company behind it to hype it with the profits (lending platforms are taking these profits from users lending the coin who also profit at the same time so are not stealing from other users by dumping the coins). Bitcoin just has lots of corrupted or previously traumatised users who are then easily manipulated into believing in it (anti-government and anti-bank propaganda etc). There is nothing backing the price of bitcoin unlike fiat currency that is backed by governments.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/914799/bitcoin-india-cryptocurrency-finance-minister-Arun-Jaitley-Ponzi-scheme
At the end of last year, the government issued a warning that cryptocurrencies were a Ponzi scheme.

Wow -8 -3 trust u must be some kind of a scammer !
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 12:54:21 AM

The lending platforms work because when running smoothly everyone is willing to pay for the tokens at any price but at a certain level it will inevitably crash (maybe after being valued in the millions of dollars like some predict bitcoin to reach). If people are not buying as much due to bad press and FUD but people are selling the interest payments every day the price will have to fall, not least through inflation due to the company having to use their reserves of their coin.

The price will have to fall if it's a ponzi and the demand for the token is fueled entirely by a false promise of profits. And it doesn't take "millions", $400 did it for Bitconnect. Nothing to do with "FUD". Simple math.

Bitcoin has fallen for the same reasons.

No.
AGM76

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:47:42 AM

The lending platforms work because when running smoothly everyone is willing to pay for the tokens at any price but at a certain level it will inevitably crash (maybe after being valued in the millions of dollars like some predict bitcoin to reach). If people are not buying as much due to bad press and FUD but people are selling the interest payments every day the price will have to fall, not least through inflation due to the company having to use their reserves of their coin.

The price will have to fall if it's a ponzi and the demand for the token is fueled entirely by a false promise of profits. And it doesn't take "millions", $400 did it for Bitconnect. Nothing to do with "FUD". Simple math.

Bitcoin has fallen for the same reasons.

No.

You make these statements without any explanations. $400 for bitconnect? They didn't stop because they were a 'collapsed ponzi' and would have had no problems carrying on. They hadn't even gone into their BCC reserves. Contrast that to DavorCoin which is currently still running with a coin value at 40cents (from a peak of near $200). Nobody is hardly making any more loans on the platform now. They are still servicing tens of millions of dollars worth of loans even at 40 cents per token. Their latest interest rate is still 0.33% (0.09% the day before) although those locking in their loans for longer would get up to a 0.2% bonus on those (not including the bonuses for larger loans). The problem with Davor is inflation and there are a lot more coins in circulation now than before so I expect them to buy the tokens back at some point.

You also ignored the fact that bitcoin is more of a Ponzi and very few can cash it all out at once for a decent price? These lending platforms don't promise returns, just variable interest and guaranteed capital. If bitconnect had decided to continue it would have worked as normal.
zintips

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:17:06 AM

There seems to be a correlation between Bitcoin $4500 price and SP500 2400 index around early Sep.2017 before both went into spiral bubbles of BTC $19000 and SPX 2860 index. Both now in correction mode so going on that basis I expect BTC will go down to $4000 (+/-) and SP500 down to 2250 index before a bottom is found.

By the time Bitcoin finds its bottom most likely all the weak hands will fall off the blockchain tree and our friendly institutional vultures with the government support will end up holding big control of the BTC coins, at that point going forward the futures game will continue an all Wall Street show, same as the boring gold and silver market. There will be induced fake rallies and traps but at the end will not be the same as before.

Lending platforms can still be good options if they offer reasonable return % to arbitrage profits but any lending platform would need to be decentralized in an open exchange not prone to government lawsuits, it is possible that on the next go around Wall Street will introduce one.

cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:48:45 AM

Bitconnect is/was a pure scam. Genius plan though. A lot of people made out like bandits. Trevon went from driving an El Camino to driving a BMW X6 or something. Lol. Do the people suing really have a case against those infamous Youtube promoters?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:57:40 AM

The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped more than 1,000 points for the first time ever Monday. There were only two stocks in the S&P 500 that were up for the day, while all of the Dow’s 30 members fell. Both indexes are now down for 2018, having erased all of their gains for the year.

While Bitcoin, which fell as much as 23% on Monday, shed nearly $18 billion in market value during the day, the stock market fared even worse: The Dow stocks alone lost more than $300 billion.

In one particularly gory example, Google parent company Alphabet (GOOGL, -5.20%) (which is not in the Dow), lost $40 billion of its market cap for the second trading day in a row—meaning Alphabet stock investors have lost more than $80 billion since Friday.

AlphabetConnect to the rescue!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: