Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384457 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:01:58 AM

Davor Coin exit SCAMED its members. [...]

CEO – Falcon Coin

Why are you posting about Davor Coin or Falcon Coin in this BitConnect thread?

Don't the other scams have their own threads you could be spamming?

Let's try to keep it on topic here. Thanks.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:03:44 AM

is this the end for BCC?

Yes.

what ever caused the huge decline?

It was a Ponzi scheme. They exit scammed.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:08:48 AM

By the way, what about the responsability of coinmarketcap ? What did they list this coin in the top ten ? How many did they receive to do that ?

Coinmarketcap lists the coins with the highest market caps. BitConnect coin had a high market cap for a while when idiots were clamoring to buy it so they could buy into the BitConnect lending Ponzi scam. Coinmarketcap wasn't telling you that the lending program was legit, just that it was popular. They didn't mislead anyone. It was popular.

Then BitConnect exit scammed and the price collapsed. After that, Coinmarketcap's listing reflected the new (much) lower market cap.

What about the responsibility of the idiots who participated in the obvious Ponzi scam even though everyone was posting warnings here all along letting them know it was an obvious Ponzi scam?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:36:40 AM

By the way, what about the responsability of coinmarketcap ? What did they list this coin in the top ten ? How many did they receive to do that ?

Coinmarketcap lists the coins with the highest market caps. BitConnect coin had a high market cap for a while when idiots were clamoring to buy it so they could buy into the BitConnect lending Ponzi scam. Coinmarketcap wasn't telling you that the lending program was legit, just that it was popular. They didn't mislead anyone. It was popular.

Then BitConnect exit scammed and the price collapsed. After that, Coinmarketcap's listing reflected the new (much) lower market cap.

What about the responsibility of the idiots who participated in the obvious Ponzi scam even though everyone was posting warnings here all along letting them know it was an obvious Ponzi scam?

How many times have you said Ponzi in that haha... didn't you notice all the adverts and commissions coinmarketcap make from real ponzis like laser.online and bitpetite (their advertising is not cheap but they must also receive referral commissions as they were listed as referring millions of dollars weekly to bitpetite). With Bitconnect, at one point they were around 6th place and overtaking Dash so Dash posted something on their twitter about bitconnect (you can guess what) and coinmarketcap recalculated the circulating supply and they went down to around 16th (I don't know if they guessed the supply or not or how they figured it out). I'm sure some of the less blatant scammers feel it is justified since they realise bitcoin is a Ponzi and people shouldn't be fooled by marketing. The lending platforms should work properly if the people running them know what they are doing and I still think they are a good model as they generate profits for the company with the lending so are not real ponzis and they should be able to control the gain in the coin price (rising too fast is not good and that was what happened with Davor - although they did a lot of things that were scammy in the end).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-07/bitcoin-may-evolve-into-what-everyone-fears-mathematicians-say
"The cryptocurrencies may simply be a mechanism for a transfer of wealth from the late-comers to the early entrants and nimble traders," the authors, Carey Caginalp and Gunduz Caginalp, said in the paper published Wednesday.
nhiatay

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:20:04 PM

what the hell, I've bought 60 BCC at $10, now it go down to $2.3. Lucky I don't buy a lot, if not I think I will become superman  Cry Cry Cry

Who told you to buy this? Smiley

I see it drop from $300 plus to $10, so I hope it can pump back to $100, so I can earn a bit Sad(
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:45:59 PM

what the hell, I've bought 60 BCC at $10, now it go down to $2.3. Lucky I don't buy a lot, if not I think I will become superman  Cry Cry Cry

I see it drop from $300 plus to $10, so I hope it can pump back to $100, so I can earn a bit Sad(

is hitbtc  still accepting bcc ?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:11:40 PM

... skipping the fallacies ...

The lending platforms should work properly if the people running them know what they are doing and I still think they are a good model as they generate profits for the company with the lending so are not real ponzis

Generating profit for scammers doesn't mean it's not a ponzi. In fact the whole reason for the scammers to take the risk to run such illegal scheme would be to generate a profit.

These are not "lending platforms". The borrowed funds are not used for any other purpose other than to perpetuate the scam, which ends when there aren't enough suckers bringing in new money.
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:14:43 PM

I think you are not following the current market value of BCC coin. At this moment it is being traded on $2.35 without letting any hope of recovery because the damage is really big. It can not even do like dead cat bounce type increase anymore.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:31:11 PM

Wow, there's lot of schadenfreude going around here. Bitconneeeeeect exit scam is done. The only way you can get back your investment is to sue the creators, which is largely unlikely to happen without any concerted effort.

blackbellamy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:45:15 PM

didn't you notice all the adverts and commissions coinmarketcap make from real ponzis like laser.online and bitpetite (their advertising is not cheap but they must also receive referral commissions as they were listed as referring millions of dollars weekly to bitpetite

TL;DR:  Coinmarketcap likely does not control the ads on their site.  They're based on your Google profile and site content.

This is how advertising on Coinmarketcap works:

Coinmarketcap says to Google, hey I got a guy here about to browse this page, and we have 4 ad slots available on the page.

So Google goes, ok, you're a cryptocurrency site, here's 4 ads that we think your visitors are likely to click on.  Oh wait, this guy, AGM76 that's about to read that page, we know he's been to other sites, sites like bitpetite.  So let's serve him some related ads.

Every person who comes to Coinmarketcap sees ads tailored on what the site is about, and also to match whatever Google knows about you.  So if you go to a lot of crypto "lending" sites, Google will serve you ads for those sites, or sites like that.  Most people will go to Coinmarketcap and never see an ad for a crooked site.   

So if you're trying to insinuate anything and make connections between advertising that's served uniquely to you and some grander scheme, you're going to need to come up with some solid proof.

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:45:53 PM

Another drop to zero if all exchange delisted it.
Time to end this game and put in crypto history that use as tool for ponzi

Gambit_fr

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:55:26 PM

didn't you notice all the adverts and commissions coinmarketcap make from real ponzis like laser.online and bitpetite (their advertising is not cheap but they must also receive referral commissions as they were listed as referring millions of dollars weekly to bitpetite

TL;DR:  Coinmarketcap likely does not control the ads on their site.  They're based on your Google profile and site content.

Coinmarketcap says to Google, hey I got a guy here about to browse this page, and we have 4 ad slots available on the page.

So Google goes, ok, you're a cryptocurrency site, here's 4 ads that we think your visitors are likely to click on.  Oh wait, this guy, AGM76 that's about to read that page, we know he's been to other sites, sites like bitpetite.  So let's serve him some related ads.

Every person who comes to Coinmarketcap sees ads tailored on what the site is about, and also to match whatever Google knows about you.  So if you go to a lot of crypto "lending" sites, Google will serve you ads for those sites, or sites like that.  Most people will go to Coinmarketcap and never see an ad for a crooked site.   

So if you're trying to insinuate anything and make connections between advertising that's served uniquely to you and some grander scheme, you're going to need to come up with some solid proof.

Well, you're wrong.
Look at the bottom links on CMC, you'll find this one: https://coinmarketcap.com/advertising/
( $10000 minimum budget to advertise on their site  Shocked)

YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:56:40 PM

Well, you're wrong.
Look at the bottom links on CMC, you'll find this one: https://coinmarketcap.com/advertising/

Actually, CMC does both ...

The above ad was gleaned from the bottom of their page. By clicking what the red arrow is pointing at, you arrive here ...

https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1631343?url=https://coinmarketcap.com/&gl=US&hl=en&client=ca-pub-7002491002409919&ai0=C4-s1dYt8Wv-bA872iQPo64rgCYuy-alQ-_vG8scGrQIQASCnxucsYMmuxIbEo8gXoAGX5b7GA8gBAeACAKgDAcgDmwSqBLMBT9B4Hwjjyw1OayJFcIkylwWGEiLLnaQe5moc86_hK9AF28nKAMEoLufhSbrmkOyyKXsoN3S9W62Nmo561InY--TuD0C0FP8AJ6cEqmejkfRiZts0-oHtzqubo9WvlTLo-88PpEf0VjaGQu8xqylaMi_HDRej8z4n2tvDdluP1sx_mXorBXo2ZhOx1Egi0-wSZbl4nTGchpyh4PigpMBb3Pzw1wwfQQoKRvO0KeH-CVU2v8zgBAGAB5DN-SSoB6a-G9gHAdIIBwiAARABGAHyCBthZHgtc3Vic3luLTc5NjE4MDI5MDcyOTYyMDaxCQlam387BrO0gAoD2BMM&visit_id=1-636537085946486122-3791983906&rd=1

To hedge their page monetization even further, CMC employs Coin Traffic via a popup ...

Gambit_fr

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 06:55:51 PM

Well, you're wrong.

Actually, CMC does both ...

The above ad was gleaned from the bottom of their page. By clicking what the red arrow is pointing at, you arrive here ...

https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1631343?url=https://coinmarketcap.com/&gl=US&hl=en&client=ca-pub-7002491002409919&ai0=C4-s1dYt8Wv-bA872iQPo64rgCYuy-alQ-_vG8scGrQIQASCnxucsYMmuxIbEo8gXoAGX5b7GA8gBAeACAKgDAcgDmwSqBLMBT9B4Hwjjyw1OayJFcIkylwWGEiLLnaQe5moc86_hK9AF28nKAMEoLufhSbrmkOyyKXsoN3S9W62Nmo561InY--TuD0C0FP8AJ6cEqmejkfRiZts0-oHtzqubo9WvlTLo-88PpEf0VjaGQu8xqylaMi_HDRej8z4n2tvDdluP1sx_mXorBXo2ZhOx1Egi0-wSZbl4nTGchpyh4PigpMBb3Pzw1wwfQQoKRvO0KeH-CVU2v8zgBAGAB5DN-SSoB6a-G9gHAdIIBwiAARABGAHyCBthZHgtc3Vic3luLTc5NjE4MDI5MDcyOTYyMDaxCQlam387BrO0gAoD2BMM&visit_id=1-636537085946486122-3791983906&rd=1

To hedge their page monetization even further, CMC employs Coin Traffic via a popup ...

My bad, I didn't knew cause I don't see them!
My adblocker prevents me from all this visual pollution.  Wink

AGM76

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:26:36 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 08:45:11 PM by AGM76

The lending platforms should work properly if the people running them know what they are doing and I still think they are a good model as they generate profits for the company with the lending so are not real ponzis

Generating profit for scammers doesn't mean it's not a ponzi. In fact the whole reason for the scammers to take the risk to run such illegal scheme would be to generate a profit.

These are not "lending platforms". The borrowed funds are not used for any other purpose other than to perpetuate the scam, which ends when there aren't enough suckers bringing in new money.

You are really dense to keep repeating your own erroneous views. You probably noticed I stopped responding to you before because of this. How many times have I explained how the actual 'lending' part is profitable for the company and also the lender. The company while it runs smoothly, pays back less coins than are lent, so it's like the reverse of staking coins since people get back less coins but are still happy due to the marketing and increase in coin price (they can afford this marketing due to their profits). It is deflationary as long as the company don't sell all these extra coins and just keep some out of circulation, but even if at times the coin didn't increase in price, they would just need to use their reserves of the coins (you probably noticed most have large premines for this reason, although ERC20 tokens can have unlimited supply if they wanted) and this would cause inflation and possibly a lack of buyers at some point (inflation is also what happens with all staking coins but lending when operating well is deflationary - lending doesn't even guarantee any return).

So as long as the coin doesn't fall to ridiculous levels and remains stable in price, the lending platform can continue. You might have noticed that Bitconnect, unlike Davor, had a very stable price that tended to increase a lot so that means the company was actually making profits. If the coin wasn't going up, the lending would still function but the company couldn't take any profits without stealing from investors and harming the platform. The company are not stealing from investors with the lending because the lenders are happy with the reduced profits as long as the company uses their profits to increase the coin value with buy back or marketing etc so the lenders accept this is how they make money. They also bring value by guaranteeing the investment value amount from fluctuations in the market. That is why it's a good model for cryptocurrencies.

Basically, you have never shown one iota of understanding about the lending platform model so it's no use even responding to your comments until you show you have listened and have at least some understanding.
AGM76

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:37:14 PM

Did you not read what I said that they were affiliates of Bitpetite and were referring $1million sales PER WEEK!!!
Click on their advertising link (which states $10000 minimum order)   and you will see they don't just use google ads: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesk19wQostGxR3VTSXcsyvzIAK9bcsITyKLjsAR-bJjYB33Q/viewform

Finally this shows the listing for coinmarketcap affiliate performance on bitpetite (actually half a million dollars weekly but this probably varied): https://twitter.com/bccponzi/status/923611568151113728

AGM76

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:32:09 PM

Anyway, maybe all these deluded complainers will get something they didn't wish for :
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/08/ecb-official-backs-bitcoin-clampdown

Yves Mersch, a member of the ECB’s executive board, said the central bank shared the views voiced by Agustín Carstens, the head of the Bank for International Settlements, who on Monday condemned bitcoin as “a combination of a bubble, a Ponzi scheme and an environmental disaster”.

“We at the ECB are fully in line with his views and we have similar worries,” he told Bloomberg TV.

Goldman Sachs’ global head of investment research, Steve Strongin, also warned this week that most, if not all, of today’s digital currencies were unlikely to survive in their current form. “The high correlation between the different cryptocurrencies worries me,” he said. “Because of the lack of intrinsic value, the currencies that don’t survive will most likely trade to zero.”
Idolic21_IT_Investor

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:00:55 PM

I've been following this thread closely after Bitconnects fall out last month.  Its been a nightmarish ride, but somehow I held onto my coins and even got them into the QT wallet. I'm finally at the point where my BCC are staking.  I'm resolved to just leave them in there and see what happens.  I've already lost 99% value on them so whats another 1% when there is at least some potential to make some of it back on a pop.

One scenario thats popped in my head:
BCCX exchange could open listing BCC, but what if BCC gets rebranded to BCCX?  Kind of like how AntShares got rebranded to NEO.  It changed the whole look for the AntShares Crypto and I'm sure everyone has seen how well NEO is doing now. I'm not comparing NEO to BCC though. I'm merely just suggesting that a rebrand and color change of BCC to BCCX could be in the cards.  If they can use the new BCCX exchange to legitimize BCC's use case and utility, then that could bring a significant amount of volume back to BCC.  Of course they won't be bringing back lending services again since it provokes the ponzi scheme hunters to come out.

Another scenario is:
What if on their new BCCX exchange they create pairs that allow you to use BCC to buy other Cryptos other then Bitcoin.  Like ETH/BCC or NEO/BCC which would bring volume to BCC because then people would be using it to buy other Cryptos.  Of course this sound controversial just typing it because so many have convinced themselves that BCC is a scam coin even though its more decentralized then ever.

Bottom line: I've already mentally accepted this lost so if it goes to 0 then so be it. I'm going down with the ship or I'm going back up with it. But I do think Bitconnect has some moves left to possibly create BCC value again.

*I'm not promoting anyone buy BCC. I'm not giving financial advice. So save your comments and complaints about promoting a 'scam' coin and bla bla bla.  I'm merely just sharing my thoughts and speculation on how BCC can create value again. If anyone is interesting in having a mature discussion about it, feel free to reply.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:13:11 PM

You are really dense to keep repeating your own erroneous views. You probably noticed I stopped responding to you before because of this. How many times have I explained how the actual 'lending' part is profitable for the company and also the lender. The company while it runs smoothly, pays back less coins than are lent, so it's like the reverse of staking coins since people get back less coins but are still happy due to the marketing and increase in coin price (they can afford this marketing due to their profits). It is deflationary as long as the company don't sell all these extra coins and just keep some out of circulation, but even if at times the coin didn't increase in price, they would just need to use their reserves of the coins (you probably noticed most have large premines for this reason, although ERC20 tokens can have unlimited supply if they wanted) and this would cause inflation and possibly a lack of buyers at some point (inflation is also what happens with all staking coins but lending when operating well is deflationary - lending doesn't even guarantee any return).

So as long as the coin doesn't fall to ridiculous levels and remains stable in price, the lending platform can continue. You might have noticed that Bitconnect, unlike Davor, had a very stable price that tended to increase a lot so that means the company was actually making profits. If the coin wasn't going up, the lending would still function but the company couldn't take any profits without stealing from investors and harming the platform. The company are not stealing from investors with the lending because the lenders are happy with the reduced profits as long as the company uses their profits to increase the coin value with buy back or marketing etc so the lenders accept this is how they make money. They also bring value by guaranteeing the investment value amount from fluctuations in the market. That is why it's a good model for cryptocurrencies.

Basically, you have never shown one iota of understanding about the lending platform model so it's no use even responding to your comments until you show you have listened and have at least some understanding.

Thanks for the enlightenment, bud. Now I fully see how lenders made a profit off BitConnect. They loaned X BCC to them, whereupon they paid back X - Y. Granted, I'm still a tad confused as to how BitConnect made their money, probably having something to do with the Z-factor, but unfortunately equations containing more than two variables or constants is (or is it 'are') beyond my prowess, albeit back in the 70's I would've been able to perform such equations in my head like I did for ALL the questions on the SAT, earning a perfect 800 in its math section and the first one in the room to complete said portion of the SAT taken at IU, then went fishing with my dad at Brown County Forest Preserve, but I digress.

I've been following this thread closely after Bitconnects fall out last month.  Its been a nightmarish ride, but somehow I held onto my coins and even got them into the QT wallet. I'm finally at the point where my BCC are staking.  I'm resolved to just leave them in there and see what happens.  I've already lost 99% value on them so whats another 1% when there is at least some potential to make some of it back on a pop.

One scenario thats popped in my head:
BCCX exchange could open listing BCC, but what if BCC gets rebranded to BCCX?  Kind of like how AntShares got rebranded to NEO.  It changed the whole look for the AntShares Crypto and I'm sure everyone has seen how well NEO is doing now. I'm not comparing NEO to BCC though. I'm merely just suggesting that a rebrand and color change of BCC to BCCX could be in the cards.  If they can use the new BCCX exchange to legitimize BCC's use case and utility, then that could bring a significant amount of volume back to BCC.  Of course they won't be bringing back lending services again since it provokes the ponzi scheme hunters to come out.

Another scenario is:
What if on their new BCCX exchange they create pairs that allow you to use BCC to buy other Cryptos other then Bitcoin.  Like ETH/BCC or NEO/BCC which would bring volume to BCC because then people would be using it to buy other Cryptos.  Of course this sound controversial just typing it because so many have convinced themselves that BCC is a scam coin even though its more decentralized then ever.

Bottom line: I've already mentally accepted this lost so if it goes to 0 then so be it. I'm going down with the ship or I'm going back up with it. But I do think Bitconnect has some moves left to possibly create BCC value again.

*I'm not promoting anyone buy BCC. I'm not giving financial advice. So save your comments and complaints about promoting a 'scam' coin and bla bla bla.  I'm merely just sharing my thoughts and speculation on how BCC can create value again. If anyone is interesting in having a mature discussion about it, feel free to reply.

That's a brilliant idea! Allow BitConnect to operate their own exchange in restoring trust in them. Of course this would create a nightmare for its owners, for down the road they would have to devise another exit strategy, one not yet used AND believable, else they'll have to resort back to blaming the exchange's demise on the ye ol' standby - FUD and ... wait for it ... TEXAS.

Vint.Cerf

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:14:25 PM

17% will be sold for ICO and 83% will be used for development and bounty, it sounds a little bit scary.

After pre-sale of premined 4.8 million (17%)  BitConnect coin, PoW/PoS algorithm will work to issue new coins to BitConnect coin miners and BitConnect coin holders.

I wish dev would contribute more.
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: