Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:55:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192980 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:23:52 PM

Has anybody gotten BFG 3.10 working with antminer in Win 7 64bit....mine gets stuck at "started bfminer 3.10.0" and nothing else.
I tried removing Zadig and reinstalling the driver thru windows without changing with Zadig and still it does not work. I am running the command line shown in these thread.

bfgminer  -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u XXXX -p XXX -S antminer:all --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981

the antminer is working with cgminer but cant get it to work with bfg. Thanks

Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:25:36 PM

I cant get Bfg to find the Drillbit Thumb on peon.
I have tried -S drillbit:auto , -S drillbit:/dev/ttyUSB0 and -S bitfury:/dev/ttyUSB0

Any1 else have luck with somthing ?

wait for 3.10.0 on peon

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
Kronkvist

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:31:04 PM

I cant get Bfg to find the Drillbit Thumb on peon.
I have tried -S drillbit:auto , -S drillbit:/dev/ttyUSB0 and -S bitfury:/dev/ttyUSB0

Any1 else have luck with somthing ?

wait for 3.10.0 on peon

I already have the update on peon.

Any have the command ?
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:45:49 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 05:14:59 PM by vulgartrendkill

If anyone wants to elaborate on the README FAQ covering un-Zadig'ing, I bet that would be well-appreciated by many. Smiley
What is the Com driver used for the Drillbit devices?
Standard USB CDC ACM.
Luke-Jr,
Thanks.  I still cannot find this driver (specifically for Win7/64).  I know how to remove the current Zadig installed one, but the only one that I can find for Drillbit is the Atmel driver used for firmware updates, which doesn't seem to work for me.  Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Managed to solve my driver issue - using the Atmel driver provided by Drillbit for firmware updates.  Tried this so far on the Thumb.  Removing the WinUSB driver has to be 'complete' (not just uninstal, but tick the box to remove the driver).

Cheers

~I`m using the atmel at91 driver as sent to us with the drilbit firmware and -s Drillbit:auto in my batch file.  It seems BFG isn`t seeing them. any ideas guys?
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 05:23:54 PM

If anyone wants to elaborate on the README FAQ covering un-Zadig'ing, I bet that would be well-appreciated by many. Smiley
Standard USB CDC ACM.
Luke-Jr,
Thanks.  I still cannot find this driver (specifically for Win7/64).  I know how to remove the current Zadig installed one, but the only one that I can find for Drillbit is the Atmel driver used for firmware updates, which doesn't seem to work for me.  Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Managed to solve my driver issue - using the Atmel driver provided by Drillbit for firmware updates.  Tried this so far on the Thumb.  Removing the WinUSB driver has to be 'complete' (not just uninstal, but tick the box to remove the driver).

Cheers

~I`m using the atmel at91 driver as sent to us with the drilbit firmware and -s Drillbit:auto in my batch file.  It seems BFG isn`t seeing them. any ideas guys?

Also, my BFG now crashes with the message -s drillbit:auto is not a number
Laxe

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:29:19 PM

Has anybody gotten BFG 3.10 working with antminer in Win 7 64bit....mine gets stuck at "started bfminer 3.10.0" and nothing else.
I tried removing Zadig and reinstalling the driver thru windows without changing with Zadig and still it does not work. I am running the command line shown in these thread.

bfgminer  -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u XXXX -p XXX -S antminer:all --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981

How long do you give it?  Try giving it a minute or two to load.  Are you running it in a command prompt or a shortcut/.bat file?  If it's the latter try using the command prompt directly since the window closes if the shortcut or .bat file runs into an error.  Using a command prompt lets you see what the error message is.

You could try to start BFG Miner with just the '--set-device antiminer:clock=x0981' command and see if that works or with no commands at all.

Also make sure the pool details are correct as it will auto close the window if it is not.
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:29:41 PM

Standard USB CDC ACM.
Luke-Jr,

Thanks

Cheers

Also, my BFG now crashes with the message -s drillbit:auto is not a number

try      -S

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 05:49:49 PM

I`ve tried that on its own, with upper cse, lower case drillbit:all, drillbit:auto and all the same.  Either that or it just doesn`t recognise them.

Thanks fr the help though.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:21:56 PM

Does anyone know if BFGminer can send out an email alert on miner failure? ( minepeon does this from the rPi) I would like to set up something similar from my remote PC location.
--cmd-idle --cmd-dead etc can be used to execute any command when some events occur.

wwwin

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:34:51 PM

How long do you give it?  Try giving it a minute or two to load.  Are you running it in a command prompt or a shortcut/.bat file?  If it's the latter try using the command prompt directly since the window closes if the shortcut or .bat file runs into an error.  Using a command prompt lets you see what the error message is.

You could try to start BFG Miner with just the '--set-device antiminer:clock=x0981' command and see if that works or with no commands at all.

Also make sure the pool details are correct as it will auto close the window if it is not.

I have given a few minutes and stays there nothing other than "started bfminer 3.10.0"..If I run just --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981
then runs but does not recognize the Antminer.  If I run just -S antminer:all --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981  then it hangs as before when I had the pool info...I am running from command prompt not batch file. Are you able to run the new 3.10.0 on Win 7 64? Thanks
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:36:19 PM

Does anyone know if BFGminer can send out an email alert on miner failure? ( minepeon does this from the rPi) I would like to set up something similar from my remote PC location.
--cmd-idle --cmd-dead etc can be used to execute any command when some events occur.

That could be useful thanks Luke-Jr

Laxe

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:49:46 PM

I have given a few minutes and stays there nothing other than "started bfminer 3.10.0"..If I run just --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981
then runs but does not recognize the Antminer.  If I run just -S antminer:all --set-device antiminer:clock=x0981  then it hangs as before when I had the pool info...I am running from command prompt not batch file. Are you able to run the new 3.10.0 on Win 7 64? Thanks

I'm using Windows 8 64-bit so I don't think I can directly compare our setup.  Try running it in Admin mode and see.

Also try using the command prompt if you aren't already - see if that will give you an idea as to why it's not loading properly.  I assume that the test builds for 3.09.00 that are listed in the Antminer U1 Tips and Tricks thread works fine?
wwwin

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:06:28 PM

I'm using Windows 8 64-bit so I don't think I can directly compare our setup.  Try running it in Admin mode and see.

Also try using the command prompt if you aren't already - see if that will give you an idea as to why it's not loading properly.  I assume that the test builds for 3.09.00 that are listed in the Antminer U1 Tips and Tricks thread works fine?

Have not tried any 3.9 test build, I was waiting for the official release with support for the antminer. So 3.10 is the only one I tried.
dmpotter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:38:08 PM

I am using:-

TeamViewer  FREE  pc remote controller (free for domestic use)

It's Ideal for managing remote PC when running miners (and other software)

You can remote control many PC's from home. It has a better resolution and faster response than "logmein".

Some pools have notification. Which in someways is better than looking from the client side.
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:59:18 PM

I am using:-

TeamViewer  FREE  pc remote controller (free for domestic use)

It's Ideal for managing remote PC when running miners (and other software)

You can remote control many PC's from home. It has a better resolution and faster response than "logmein".

Some pools have notification. Which in someways is better than looking from the client side.

Eclipse sends a notification after failure, but it can take a few hours to send. It seems to send when the share count hits zero.
minepeon sends a note a few seconds after failure. When the pre-set conditions are broken.
Luke-Jr has pointed to some useful commands.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:06:09 PM

I ran it for a while yesterday and went back to 3.9 today.  I have three workers all Win7/64 and although it ran I was getting a ton of errors so not sure what that is about. Standard startup.
clocking @ 2ghs though not even trying 2.2 but that is even with 3.9 because I think my hub isn't throwing enough power into the sticks.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
wwwin

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

I ran it for a while yesterday and went back to 3.9 today.  I have three workers all Win7/64 and although it ran I was getting a ton of errors so not sure what that is about. Standard startup.
clocking @ 2ghs though not even trying 2.2 but that is even with 3.9 because I think my hub isn't throwing enough power into the sticks.

OK, will try 3.9 and see if that works. Thanks
NecroBones

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:01:21 PM

What do the three speeds for each device mean, relative to each other? I just updated to 3.10.0, and plugged in the antminers that arrived today, and I see the third speed reported as 2GH, but the other numbers are half that. Is this normal?

https://i.imgur.com/JfXKAeO.jpg

AbiTxGroup

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:18:05 PM

What do the three speeds for each device mean, relative to each other? I just updated to 3.10.0, and plugged in the antminers that arrived today, and I see the third speed reported as 2GH, but the other numbers are half that. Is this normal?

image cut

The info is in the readme.txt

The totals line shows the following:
 6/32   75.0C | 171.3/170.8/171.2Gh/s | A:729 R:8+0(.01%) HW:0/.81%

Each column is as follows:
  The number of devices and processors currently mining
  Hottest temperature reported by any processor
  5 second exponentially decaying average hash rate
  An all time average hash rate
  An all time average hash rate based on actual nonces found, adjusted for pool
      reject and stale rate
  The number of Accepted shares
  The number of Rejected shares and stale shares discarded (never submitted),
      and the percentage these are of total found.
  The number of HardWare errors, and percentage invalid of nonces returned
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:23:26 PM

What arguments are you using to launch bfgminer? Are you specifying manual Icarus timings?

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: