Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:44:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192974 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

hi folks,  

new to bfgminer.

can anyone give me any hints on how i might reduce my HW errors and thus increase hashrate in this scenario:  BitFury rigs, v3 m boards, v2.2 h boards, 13/16 card rig using raspi with bfgminer 3.10.0, chip settings at 49 within driver-bfsb.c:

thanks

voltage tune 1 card at a time. increase cooling but make sure the fans arent perturbing the cards. they're very motion sensitive :/

is it possible to voltage tune one card at a time?  if so, how?

i've just been changing the 3 chip setting parameters in driver-bfsb.c here:

Code:
                bitfury->osc6_bits = 52;
                bitfury_send_reinit(bitfury->spi, bitfury->slot, bitfury->fasync, bitfury->osc6_bits);
                bitfury_init_freq_stat(&bitfury->chip_stat, 52, 52);

i believe the V2.2 cards come with an adjustable potentiometer (variable resistor) on the board to adjust voltage.

so plug in the first card in each bank. tune voltage until hardware errors are satisfactory. add another card to each bank. repeat. just make sure you know what you're doing. pushing voltage too high can FRY chips and release the magic smoke

18% seems relatively high for a ßitfury device

no smoke please  Grin

while a nice idea, the cards are too close together to allow a perpendicular approach to the potentiometer with a screwdriver.  plus, wouldn't the addition of each additional card affect the tuning of the previous cards?
Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:51:41 AM

hi folks,  

new to bfgminer.

can anyone give me any hints on how i might reduce my HW errors and thus increase hashrate in this scenario:  BitFury rigs, v3 m boards, v2.2 h boards, 13/16 card rig using raspi with bfgminer 3.10.0, chip settings at 49 within driver-bfsb.c:

thanks

voltage tune 1 card at a time. increase cooling but make sure the fans arent perturbing the cards. they're very motion sensitive :/

Code:
                bitfury->osc6_bits = 52;
                bitfury_send_reinit(bitfury->spi, bitfury->slot, bitfury->fasync, bitfury->osc6_bits);

i believe the V2.2 cards come with an adjustable potentiometer (variable resistor) on the board to adjust voltage.

so plug in the first card in each bank. tune voltage until hardware errors are satisfactory. add another card to each bank. repeat. just make sure you know what you're doing. pushing voltage too high can FRY chips and release the magic smoke

no smoke please  Grin

while a nice idea, the cards are too close together to allow a perpendicular approach to the potentiometer with a screwdriver.  plus, wouldn't the addition of each additional card affect the tuning of the previous cards?

Each card shouldn't have an effect on the previous ones supply voltage. (Each card is a separate ~0.8V domain). The only connections they share are miso mosi sck gnd and +12V

All in all it should take about 3 hrs max to tune the rig. But it may not be voltages at all. Care to share a quick pick of the setup?

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:00:40 AM

Quote from: cypherdoc link=topic=168174.msg4654068#msg4654068 date=https://megabigpower.com/shop/image/cache/data/prod_400_full-600x600.jpg1390350480
hi folks,  

new to bfgminer.

thanks

Code:
                bitfury->osc6_bits = 52;

no smoke please  Grin

Each card shouldn't have an effect on the previous ones supply voltage. (Each card is a separate ~0.8V domain). The only connections they share are miso mosi sck gnd and +12V

All in all it should take about 3 hrs max to tune the rig. But it may not be voltages at all. Care to share a quick pick of the setup?

while not my rig, this is what it looks like in general (w/o the snowflakes  Wink).  the potentiometer is at the bottom right:

Newmine

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

Looking for help with Antminer u1 settings for BFGminer

When I run BFGminer it wont run past .45GH/s and it is supposed to be 1.6.

I followed BTCguild instructions but if I remove the --icarus-options and/or add -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781 instead of -S all, the miner wont even open.

It runs with the way BTCguild explains setup but at the .45GH and I would like to get it up to its normal 1.6GH/s at the very least.

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter   --Here are the instruction at BTCguild I followed.

Iam using Windows 7 if that helps.
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:57:16 PM

I followed BTCguild instructions but if I remove the --icarus-options and/or add -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781 instead of -S all, the miner wont even open.

It runs with the way BTCguild explains setup but at the .45GH and I would like to get it up to its normal 1.6GH/s at the very least.

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter   --Here are the instruction at BTCguild I followed.

If you're using block erupters too then there will be an issue.  Run the block erupters on a separate instance of bfgminer.  I wasn't aware of it, but the two different little USB miners don't like each other.  Run it like this in your batch file if you're only running the antminer u1's:

bfgminer.exe  -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 -o stratum+tcp://poolinfo:port -u user -p password

Make sure you download http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx this and install it.  DON'T run zadig!  Also, if you want to check out different OC options look at http://freepdfhosting.com/f08921e50a.pdf for other options...
Newmine

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:14:01 PM

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter   --Here are the instruction at BTCguild I followed.

If you're using block erupters too then there will be an issue.  Run the block erupters on a separate instance of bfgminer.  I wasn't aware of it, but the two different little USB miners don't like each other.  Run it like this in your batch file if you're only running the antminer u1's:

bfgminer.exe  -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 -o stratum+tcp://poolinfo:port -u user -p password

Make sure you download http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx this and install it.  DON'T run zadig!  Also, if you want to check out different OC options look at http://freepdfhosting.com/f08921e50a.pdf for other options...

Now it is saying:

] bfgminer.exe: --set-device: unrecognized option
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:24:41 PM

I don't know what those other folks are telling you to do, but this is what I have for my command line to get my Antminer U1 running at 2GH:

bfgminer.exe -S all --set-device antminer:freq=0A81

The other suggestions are bollocks.  Huh
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:49:15 PM

I don't know what those other folks are telling you to do, but this is what I have for my command line to get my Antminer U1 running at 2GH:

antminer:freq was the old settings for nwooll's fork of BFGMiner 3.9.0
antminer:clock is the official setting for the mainline BFGMiner 3.10.0

nwooll updated his instructions on his blog and in this thread about the change in settings... 

nwoolls

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 05:51:17 PM

nwooll updated his instructions on his blog and in this thread about the change in settings... 

This man speaks truth. There's also no problem running AntMiner U1s with Block Erupters. That issue only exists with the cgminer forks.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
BRADLEYPLOOF

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

This man speaks truth. There's also no problem running AntMiner U1s with Block Erupters. That issue only exists with the cgminer forks.

can you explain to me the ways of setting up block erupters and antminers together in a cohesive fashion without them trying to hurt each other?  By the way, I have Linux, Debian (Wheezy).  So not sure if I have to download some other package or something besides just the bfgminer package
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 06:05:31 PM

can you explain to me the ways of setting up block erupters and antminers together in a cohesive fashion without them trying to hurt each other?  By the way, I have Linux, Debian (Wheezy).  So not sure if I have to download some other package or something besides just the bfgminer package

Code:
bfgminer -S antminer:all -S erupter:all -o server -u user -p pass

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
jedimstr

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:13:30 PM

I'm having a weird problem with Debian on a BeagleBone Black and BFGMiner.

I usually have Minepeon with BFGMiner on a RPi connected to 44 Block Erupters (Antminer U1's on the way) and it's running fine on that...

But when I tried moving my 44 BE's to the BBB, it can only detect 10 erupters.  Doesn't seem to be a VCP driver issue since those that it can detect, it hashes with fine on BFGMiner.  Tried all combinations of -S all, -S erupter:auto, -S erupter:all. But even if I specify all 44 in the conf file with direct paths like this, it stops at 10 or less instead of getting all 44:

Code:
"scan" : [ 
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB0",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB1",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB2",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB3",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB4",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB5",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB6",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB7",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB8",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB9",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB10",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB11",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB12",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB13",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB14",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB15",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB16",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB17",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB18",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB19",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB20",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB21",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB22",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB23",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB24",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB25",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB26",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB27",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB28",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB29",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB30",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB31",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB32",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB33",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB34",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB35",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB36",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB37",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB38",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB39",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB40",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB41",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB42",
"erupter:/dev/ttyUSB43"
],

Is this a limitation of the BeagleBoneBlack with Debian and BFGMiner? or is there a way to fix this.  I'd rather have it running on my BBB than my Pi which seems to crash/lockup more often.

I have another BBB with Debian running my Drillbits boards ok, but they're only 5 anyway.

BRADLEYPLOOF

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:13:41 PM

Code:
bfgminer -S antminer:all -S erupter:all -o server -u user -p pass

So I don't need all that stupid --icarus-timing and --icarus-options BS?  And if I want to OC the U1's I have to use --set-device antminer=x____ but will that affect the erupters?
BRADLEYPLOOF

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:15:29 PM

I usually have Minepeon with BFGMiner on a RPi connected to 44 Block Erupters (Antminer U1's on the way) and it's running fine on that...

But when I tried moving my 44 BE's to the BBB, it can only detect 10 erupters.  Doesn't seem to be a VCP driver issue since those that it can detect, it hashes with fine on BFGMiner.  Tried all combinations of -S all, -S erupter:auto, -S erupter:all. But even if I specify all 44 in the conf file with direct paths like this, it stops at 10 or less instead of getting all 44:

Code:
],

Is this a limitation of the BeagleBoneBlack with Debian and BFGMiner? or is there a way to fix this.  I'd rather have it running on my BBB than my Pi which seems to crash/lockup more often.

I have another BBB with Debian running my Drillbits boards ok, but they're only 5 anyway.

Do you mean that it only shows 10 erupters on your BFGMiner screen?  You may have to use the up and down arrows to see the rest of them...If your hash rate is what it's supposed to be then you're all set, but I think the display only shows the first 10 rigs
jedimstr

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:18:20 PM

But when I tried moving my 44 BE's to the BBB, it can only detect 10 erupters.  Doesn't seem to be a VCP driver issue since those that it can detect, it hashes with fine on BFGMiner.  Tried all combinations of -S all, -S erupter:auto, -S erupter:all. But even if I specify all 44 in the conf file with direct paths like this, it stops at 10 or less instead of getting all 44:

Code:
],

Is this a limitation of the BeagleBoneBlack with Debian and BFGMiner? or is there a way to fix this.  I'd rather have it running on my BBB than my Pi which seems to crash/lockup more often.

Do you mean that it only shows 10 erupters on your BFGMiner screen?  You may have to use the up and down arrows to see the rest of them...If your hash rate is what it's supposed to be then you're all set, but I think the display only shows the first 10 rigs

No, I mean it detects/uses only 10 or less... as in no other screens of devices to scroll through and hashrate in both BFMiner and through the API is only for the detected # of devices....  weird right?

Also when I do a ./bfgminer -d? -S:erupter:all it only lists 10 devices.... but I can see more when I go to the /dev/ directory.  ttyUSB0 through ttyUSB43

No issues when I have that 44 BE's hooked up to the Pi and Minepeon or my Mac... can detect them all on both.  I only see this on the BBB.

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 06:24:59 PM

No issues when I have that 44 BE's hooked up to the Pi and Minepeon or my Mac... can detect them all on both.  I only see this on the BBB.

I'm holding out some hope that once the wonderful MineForeman gets a build of MinePeon on there and more folks start using them that some of these issues get worked out. I love the device and it seems to have a lot of potential but the USB subsystem on it seems very immature.

But man it's a hellofalot faster than a Pi! Compiling on them is actually not cringeworthy...

jedimstr

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:36:40 PM

No issues when I have that 44 BE's hooked up to the Pi and Minepeon or my Mac... can detect them all on both.  I only see this on the BBB.

I'm holding out some hope that once the wonderful MineForeman gets a build of MinePeon on there and more folks start using them that some of these issues get worked out. I love the device and it seems to have a lot of potential but the USB subsystem on it seems very immature.

But man it's a hellofalot faster than a Pi! Compiling on them is actually not cringeworthy...

Same here... almost everything is noticeably better on the BBB than the Pi... it even has BLUE BLINKYS!!!!!

Definitely hoping MineForeman can resolve this issues with Minepeon for the BBB...  Was hoping he'd have the BBB version with his latest prerelease 2.5 but no joy there... Sad

Was hoping there was just something I missed when I tried to get it working with BFGMiner on the BBB which is why I posted here.. but doesn't look like it.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:43:38 PM

Well, that can't be right, because I'm running 3.10.0 on my BBB, and that's the command line I'm running (I just added the .exe for the benefit of Windows users).   Huh
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

Well, that can't be right, because I'm running 3.10.0 on my BBB, and that's the command line I'm running (I just added the .exe for the benefit of Windows users).   Huh

At a guess it's probably flashing something by on startup saying "freq" isn't recognized - it goes back fast though once all the devices start outputing info.

And the OC would still be present from when you ran it before, so you wouldn't really see anything abnormal.

Newmine

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:01:53 PM

Maybe I am using an old version? I am running 3.2.1 
Is this right for the antman u1?
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: