Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:34:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy?  (Read 29813 times)
TunerDude007

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:08:47 AM

can someone clarify some things for me ?
Lets' take one baikal miner, it can hash with 150MH/s speed DASH coin right?
this is what I get
Hourly   0.00761263   0.00017547     $0.20   
Daily   0.18270312   0.00421117     $4.90   
Weekly   1.27892182   0.02947821     $34.32   
Monthly   5.48109352   0.12633520     $147.07   
So you pay 300$ in baikal miner and have 147$ monthly without electricity cost ?!
I hope I'm doing something wrong

Where are you getting those numbers? I am getting only 1.8 USD profit w/out the electricity cost per one 150 MHs Dash miner.
now it shows 93$ I'm confused

anyways what is the ROI for this miner considering it's price 300$
edit:
SO I guess I found a more truthful calculator which shows monthly profit of 2.061941 DASH coins which is roughly 55$ without el. cost. The ROI is 5.4 month don't considering difficulty and other factors.

Yes these number are much more accurate....but keep in mind there are hundreds of other coins besides dash you can mine and then convert them to btc if you so choose, thats what I do. It takes quite a bit of time researching which coin is best to mine a certain particular day. Heck I've made as much as 4.00usd certain days mining checkcoin(CKC), but that gravy train is over now as all exchanges have delisted this coin. So these days I find myself mining Goldblocks, Ozzicoin and Quebecoin and every once in a while Adzcoin. But I have a really hard time breaking that 2.00usd per day mark. I've always set the benchmark for myself at 3.00usd per day, if I can hit 3.00usd per day then I am a happy camper, but this is much easier said then done. I've had my mini since August of last year.
Anyone else here can share what your mining? I'd like to know what others are mining if you all could be so kind to share....thanx all!!!
Thank you for detailed answer. I think I will try and buy one, than see what happens, I'm more into experimenting with these coins and I hope to get ROI as well. Buying process I guess is same as on bitmain

Best way to communicate with Baikal is through their skype. And yes you can pay with btc or dash.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:14:34 AM

The buying experience isn't the same as Bitmain.  Here you will get a response from a REAL PERSON.  Baikal is working hard to take care of this community.  So far it has been first class all the way with Baikal.  Any comparison to Bitmain really is an insult to Baikal.  They are doing an awesome job! Two thumbs WAY UP!

Email Baikal or I think they also use Skype.  Tell them what you want, how many you want, and your mailing address.  They will get back to you pretty quickly with the price, and shipping info.  Please keep in mind this is a company in China so there is a time difference to take into account.  You simply send them the payment.  They accept BTC, and Dash.  I think there were other payment methods as well.  As soon as your payment is confirmed with your transaction ID you will get a response saying the payment was received and a estimate of how long it will take to ship.  Shipping costs are reasonable, and the speed of shipping it good.  

If you have questions, feel free to ask.  There are many Baikal fans hanging out here.  Smiley
TunerDude007

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:24:40 AM

The buying experience isn't the same as Bitmain.  Here you will get a response from a REAL PERSON.  Baikal is working hard to take care of this community.  So far it has been first class all the way with Baikal.  Any comparison to Bitmain really is an insult to Baikal.  They are doing an awesome job! Two thumbs WAY UP!

Email Baikal or I think they also use Skype.  Tell them what you want, how many you want, and your mailing address.  They will get back to you pretty quickly with the price, and shipping info.  Please keep in mind this is a company in China so there is a time difference to take into account.  You simply send them the payment.  They accept BTC, and Dash.  I think there were other payment methods as well.  As soon as your payment is confirmed with your transaction ID you will get a response saying the payment was received and a estimate of how long it will take to ship.  Shipping costs are reasonable, and the speed of shipping it good.  

If you have questions, feel free to ask.  There are many Baikal fans hanging out here.  Smiley

I agree, their shipping is super fast....3 days to Canada here....I love my Baikals
Quakenet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:36:11 AM

Baikal is out of stock on quads... please dont tell me i have to buy 60 mini ones... Sad
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:09:22 AM

Baikal is out of stock on quads... please dont tell me i have to buy 60 mini ones... Sad

they wouldnt sell 60 mins

limit 1 per person

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:42:37 AM

@mettalmag  use whattomine.com instead of coinwarz.  Whattomine shows average profitability of coin over 24hours per default can change to other time also. While coinwarz just show current profitbability of coin. As difficulty fluctates several fold up and down. it's not accurate.

Coinwarz are good for coins with static diff. like LTC,BTC and etc.

Also can use nicehash minning calc.
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 10:18:21 AM

they wouldnt sell 60 mins

limit 1 per person

I can't even get them to sell me 1 mini...wtf baikal?
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:13:11 PM

Guys how is it with selling asics? I got into GPU mining since you can always sell equipment for a good price and therefore there is almost no risk to mining, but with asic? If I dont ROI, is there a chance to sell it?

Bitrated user: Kompik.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:14:23 PM

first of all thank you all for clarifying every detail about baikal.
You actually covered all the things I needed to know plus the calculator thing.
I think I'll get one for me and for introduction purpose for investors.
I really liked the size and the power consumption of it.
Thanks again
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:26:12 PM

Guys how is it with selling asics? I got into GPU mining since you can always sell equipment for a good price and therefore there is almost no risk to mining, but with asic? If I dont ROI, is there a chance to sell it?

sell it before the profit get too low, usually in 6 months maximum
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:09:23 PM

bad advice, these things are on plan to ROI

beware of impersonators
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:19:25 PM

how is it bad advice to sell an item while it has value?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:52:50 PM

bad advice, these things are on plan to ROI

That is the problem with this question about ROI.  Nobody wants to hear "it depends".  Everyone wants a black and white answer and a straight up estimate that give them a warm and fuzzy feeling about a decision.  Sadly there is few black and white answers in life or in crypto's.  There are lots and lots of shades of grey... If you had asked this question last year when Dash was dirt cheap and other coins in that same space had not spiked in value there was no way you were going to see ROI on these miners if you just used the information available at the time.  BUT you have to make assumptions in any ROI calculation.  What is going to be the diff increase?  How many miners are going to be mining it?  What did you pay for the miners?  What coins do you hope to mine?  What is your plan?  Hold em?  Sell them for BTC or some other crypto?  What does your power cost?  What sort of climate do you live in moderate?  Hot?  There are so many variables to factor when asking the ROI question and many of these things that are going to impact your ROI are unknown and you cannot know.

So you will have to decide what you believe is going to happen and place your bets based on that.  If you think cryptos that this miner mines keep climbing then by all means adopt a longer term strategy for your mining.  If you think this is short lived then adjust your plan or don't buy this miner.  Some people mine their rigs until they no longer earn enough to cover the power and other costs and then just sell them for whatever they can get from them.  Other people adopt a short cycle of buy early as a miner is released and mine hard for 6 mnths and then sell while there is still good residual value.  Some people use a strategy of mining until the next generation miner is announced and then phasing in new miners and phasing out the old.  Usually that is still early enough in the cycle that you can get something for your ASIC because it is still carrying its own weight and making a profit so some people are still in the market to pick these up at decent discount.  So you get something and the new owner gets a deal.  Usually that buying interest comes from areas where power is really cheap and the life of the miner is still good for them for some time and they get a great price in the process.  

So your mileage will vary depending on your strategy.  Honestly if you are worried about residual value then the ASIC mining route may be risky for you because once the next generation miner is announced selling the current generation miner can be tough.  So I would consider as many angles as you can and make your decision based on your own objectives.

I know hearing "it depends" really SUCKS, that it is the truth.  Only you will know what your objectives are and what risk you are willing to assume.  I hope this gives you some food for thought.  

Like Bittawm said, right now as we speak the numbers are playing in favor of this miner.  I however try to remember not to count chickens before they are hatched or get to overly optimistic.  Crypto changes FAST so in the time it took for me to type up this post the bottom probably fell out of the market! ROFL

baikal

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:05:03 AM

@Longsnowsm   Thanks you for all your helping in this topic, really appreciate it. If you need, I will apply one more mini miner for you.

Mini miner we don't have much in stock at present, so, the rest will only be available for new customer and limited the purchase quantity at one unit before reproduction.

By the way, recently, we have received some messages about the potential scams on skype, how to identify official baikal skype, please take a look at below topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804508.0

Always be careful when you decide to do the payment. We are really grateful for all your trust on baikal and we do not want any baikal users be scamed by anyone. please help us let more people see it. Smiley

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:47:15 AM

@Longsnowsm   Thanks you for all your helping in this topic, really appreciate it. If you need, I will apply one more mini miner for you.

Mini miner we don't have much in stock at present, so, the rest will only be available for new customer and limited the purchase quantity at one unit before reproduction.

By the way, recently, we have received some messages about the potential scams on skype, how to identify official baikal skype, please take a look at below topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804508.0

Always be careful when you decide to do the payment. We are really grateful for all your trust on baikal and we do not want any baikal users be scamed by anyone. please help us let more people see it. Smiley

yeah I should probably get one..but still on the fence...probably should have gotten a mini on your 150 usd sale...alas....life issues

Someday maybe Smiley *running my TItan's into the dirt at the low LTC price...when they go doorstop I will have to look into these units*

anyway from the sidelines...a suggestion....raise your warranty to like 180 days like Bitmain..if you are having NO real issues on RMA's and returns...would look good with little risk

just my view

by the by ....when is your next miner model coming out (fall 2017 maybe) ....er if you can't say a simple 'likely in fall we will have a new model miner..also works for me) Smiley

later

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
klimpa

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:23:26 AM

Wut!!! Someone sold mini's at 150? Instead of 300. I only knew 300$ with 10% discount.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:28:04 AM

Wut!!! Someone sold mini's at 150? Instead of 300. I only knew 300$ with 10% discount.

I could be wrong..but I seem to remember the page saying 150 usd at one time and I was very tempted..perhaps it was an error....but 90%
sure I looked at that price for a long time on that page...but alas..did not jump into the pool...ran away (coward that I am..) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:34:54 AM

I could be wrong..but I seem to remember the page saying 150 usd at one time and I was very tempted..perhaps it was an error....but 90%
sure I looked at that price for a long time on that page...but alas..did not jump into the pool...ran away (coward that I am..) Sad

i dont think so

beware of impersonators
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:08:47 PM

Hello everyone... I just recently became interested in mining Dash and after doing a bit of research, pulled the trigger on 1 mini yesterday.  Seems like a relatively small risk with good upside, even though I previously never thought I would enter the ASIC realm (although this unit seems to almost be a hybrid ASIC/FPGA).  Anyway, I have already been very impressed with Baikal customer service. I sent them an inquiry over the weekend and they replied first thing Monday morning China time. Within a couple more hours, I had my order placed with no issues. Really looking forward to trying this unit out!
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:20:23 PM

-snip-
although this unit seems to almost be a hybrid ASIC/FPGA
-snip-
It is actually a FPGA, it was proven when they released the multi-algo firmware. I wonder if some X11-Gost firmware would be possible... Cool

-snip-
I have already been very impressed with Baikal customer service
-snip-
I agree 100%, and by reading past comments/feedback they are for sure very interested in the image they make for themselves.
They have excellent client service, even when Chinese New Year was on.

Enjoy your unit, I'm certainly happy with their products.

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: