Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy?  (Read 29810 times)
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:22:56 AM

Hmm

After a bit more thought, im leaning more towards Quadruple miners now...

Any one keen for Quad GB? =D

Or does it even matter in a gb if you order diff items...

I'll kick in on quantity for any configuration--these miners have been a breeze to work with, and I'm rolling up on ROI on the first batch I bought from them.
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:23:22 AM

Hmm

Although I'm trying to be very optimistic, I know that likely every single miner Baikal comes back to stock with already have hundreds if not thousands of buyers lined up waiting.....I think we would be extremely lucky if baikal would do another group buy. They had lowered their prices prior to the group buys, hence they had stock that was needing to be moved....now with recent alt price changes demand has gone through the roof...
xxkaiwaxx

Activity: 479
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:01:58 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2019, 10:36:54 PM by xxkaiwaxx

Now would be a good time for a new x11 asic brand to show up n give baikal a run for their money lol

nocab72

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:57:36 PM

Unfortunately I missed your previous group buys, but you can count me in for 10-12 A900's if you are able to put another one together.

I already have several A900's and a couple mini's, looking to expand my farm.  Great/solid miners.  Thanks!

Kyle
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:15:02 AM

Now would be a good time for a new x11 asic brand to show up n give baikal a run for their money lol

actually, that has already happened but in the reverse..   Baikal showed up and gave the others a run for their money.  the others were PinIdea and iBeLink.
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:20:28 AM

Ya I have pretty much exhausted every avenue to get ahold of some more Baikal's but it seems to be to no avail. I am disappointed I missed out on the last group buy.
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:47:18 AM

YOU CAN NOT GET HOLD OF THESE, DONT EVEN TRY, JUST WAIT

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:06:35 AM

I only have one, but it really got me but it was too expensive.
whether to buy grub we could do it.
klimpa

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:08:53 AM

If Dash pump stays wonder what price will be for next batch of miners Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:17:21 AM

If Dash pump stays wonder what price will be for next batch of miners Smiley

Me I think at best it will be $2500 maybe $3000 a unit.

on to another crypto miner that went on pre-order today for their 3rd batch

well www.pandaminer.com

Pandaminer had a pre-order today (they make a mini 8 gpu mining rig) that was supposed to last from
march 17th (yesterday) till march 30th...they sold out all batch 3's of these ...a total of 500 within the day.

I don't really understand this...with ETH maybe going POS coin this summer...but hey...I know zip Sad

My view is .most of this probably was to China folk and rest of the world out of luck.

Got the email (english) went to site...poof already all gone!

So I hope the same does not happen with baikal miners..but at the prices X11 machines the baikal would be better off
just cancelling all sales and just mining them ..themselves!

Anyway could be the same deal...some big boy comes in and just buys out the 500 to 1000 *I assume in batch size*
of the next A900's and we will be waiving from the dock to that ship sailing

sheesh

guite the hobby I got into here with all this crypto Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:25:58 AM

I've been pondering buying one for awhile but for the cost/roi even at current prices and climbing, way too expensive. 
These now hopefully won't go the way Asic Scrypt miners did.  If under a $1000 then maybe but unlikely without a few more manufacturers.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:38:38 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 09:53:39 AM by Searing

I've been pondering buying one for awhile but for the cost/roi even at current prices and climbing, way too expensive.  
These now hopefully won't go the way Asic Scrypt miners did.  If under a $1000 then maybe but unlikely without a few more manufacturers.

Only thing I'm looking at is Baikal miners and X11 now thou....in case it has 'legs' and you could mine them thru difficulty and the hard times (price/diff)
if such was to occur

BUT THE CATCH is you have to be able to BUY one...otherwise any BTC I get from mining LTC and convert to BTC....gets put into BTC and I sit

twiddling thumbs...with no miners of any type (its an addiction)

I've hit 100 btc and only thing is in now is time/hobby/labor.....it all roi'd

thus the knc titan miners (evil they are) It is somehow back to about 1300 usd a month after electric (was down a month ago as low as 885 usd)

thus I figure anything I make out of these before they either 1) brick themselves to the doorstop status they long to become or 2) they just plain

don't pay to run via electric costs (at 10c kwh ....an't gonna last long or 3) someone with 4c kwh electric wants to buy 10 titans at a bulk rate (heh pm me)Smiley

Thus ANY thing over 100 btc from 2-10 btc I manage to 'squeeze' out of them..before the hamsters in the hamster wheels drop dead..and the KNC Titans brick themselves.

I'm game to try and mine something again

what the heck..I'm playing with the 'house's money' now

But folk should probably NOT DO what I'm gonna probably do and just HOLD BTC or DASH or whatever now

On a more important note:

When I talked to a baikal person yesterday on skype (only legit one is on their web page..the other scammers were pestering me about 7 of them be aware)

originally said they had an A900 (then 5 min later said oops ...er nope) ..they proved they were legit from email sent from baikal main site

but they said I guote "several weeks" before they get some

and again ASSUMING WE CAN EVEN GET ANY ...BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!

ouch

So if it is just another 500-1000 unit run ..they may all get absorbed in China and we may not see ANY

(We really need a chinese speaking person and insert them on a chinese version of bitcointalk just for a 2 months heads up on stuff......)

anyway.....its probably stupid...but I want to mine something...and right now the A900 looks like the best candidate outside of just hoarding coin (boring)

But anyway ....brave I am...the 100 btc is now in a couple deep dark paper wallets in the safety deposit box at my local bank ....

what it feels like..dumping the BTC into the bank safety deposit box Smiley

THOU SHALL NOT LOOK UPON THIS HOARDED 100 BTC....IT SHALL SIT..YOU ARE UNWORTHY TO SPEND IT....BEGONE!

(anyway ...what I keep telling myself as a mantra as BTC goes up)

but anything from now on ...I'm only allowing myself to be 'stupid' with anything I mine above that 100 btc

....I should get a fast car and look for fast women..but I'm so frigging old ...I forget what you do with them after you

get them into the fast car!...I know it was kinda 'fun'..but alas.....lost in the past.....

so ....everyone make your bets on any miner equipment accordingly, only do stupid stuff like this with a 'backup'

So this is my public stance on how to maybe lose 10 btc in the future and still be ok with it...

(its all about how well you do self denial on the dumps and how you feed the ego on the pumps) Smiley

So me, like we all ..lurk the baikal thread like lost spirits....trolling for units Sad

later

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:50:11 AM

Searing, I might be able squeeze one of those titans into my spaceship. For future reference of course.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:01:45 AM

Searing, I might be able squeeze one of those titans into my spaceship. For future reference of course.

Yeah I suppose you all on this baikal thread have like 5c kwh electric (fiends you are fiends...) my winter rate is 10c kwh and 13c kwh summer
(1/2 basement 1/2 colohub) evens out to 10c kwh (summer rates)

But still ugly as hell Sad

The most impressive thing about the Baikal A900 is 217 watts for X11 .sheesh.....A 4 cube Titan is 1225 watts with the tarky titan 3rd party mod'ed firmware

these bakials 4 of them that is  868 watts...it is obscene ....makes it attractive even to a 10c kwh kinda situation I'm in to get more of these then I should

Well anyway ....likely because I have 100 btc now ....I've jinxed the entire BTC universe and it will all go beanie baby and tulips (yep I have that kinda luck)

anyway will again lurk on here and hope baikal releases some and we are informed in a timely manner on this group and their main thread on bitcointalk

and hopefully they limit how many you can get ..to spread the love around. I watched the knc liguidation sale where btc whales  bid on NEW titans from 2014

400 mh units in lots of 180 units or so...at like 2000 each and then when we would come in with others in a group buy with 30 (open auction could see bids)

the whale would bid another 100 usd MORE on ALL 180 units JUST to get those 30 away from us and take it all....yeah if the math works $$$ wise and the whales

come out to play..it is shocking

.we could see nothing thou ...like the pandaminer pre-sale yesterday  (supposed to be 2 weeks) and sold out all 500 in like 5hrs or some such)

my biggest fear on a baikal announcement ....nothing would come out of China ..Chinese folk would snap up the works first.....

shudder ..scared myself....

us damn minnows have to dodge quick when whales crowd in Sad What keeps me up at nite btc nightmare wise Sad

isoneguy

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:05:04 AM

Yeah I suppose you all on this baikal thread have like 5c kwh electric (fiends you are fiends...) my winter rate is 10c kwh and 13c kwh summer

I strategically moved to a low power cost area before diving back into the bitcoin world.

10c isn't bad but it's on the edge of profitability.

No point in mining anything other than x-11 if you don't have 5c or less.

As for baikal, damn they wanted to push their miners so hard and then all of a sudden didn't want anyone to have more than 1 mini.

Fickle sellers eh?

any sort of GPU rig is silly to buy...you can usually build your own for $500 less per unit.

If you need someone to build you GPU rigs PM me your budget...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:11:23 AM

I strategically moved to a low power cost area before diving back into the bitcoin world.

10c isn't bad but it's on the edge of profitability.

No point in mining anything other than x-11 if you don't have 5c or less.

As for baikal, damn they wanted to push their miners so hard and then all of a sudden didn't want anyone to have more than 1 mini.

Fickle sellers eh?

any sort of GPU rig is silly to buy...you can usually build your own for $500 less per unit.

If you need someone to build you GPU rigs PM me your budget...

Yeah ...was "probably' not gonna get a panda miner....but was watching ....got email at 1pm they were sold out when I looked again at 7pm I think it was

As to the X11 the diff between the say 7.7c kwh at the data hall and the 10c kwh I get with my combo data hall and home with ONE baikal miner

is less then $4 a month...I was shocked...so yeah.....it really really does not matter ....

I'm not a big fan of their 35 day warranty however...you'd think they'd raise it in that I've heard of no issues....say to 180 days...little risk and they'd
get more cred on such..then again if you are likely to sell out fast ...probably don't matter if they leave it.

Well anyway ......it is refreshing to treat this whole thing as a hobby again (2013) ...refreshing....keeping evil titan miners going for the last 2.5 years
was stressful as hell Sad

time to have some fun with toys...assuming I can get the toys...or even 1 toy

(great I now have in common ..the same mindset of the teenager who wants the latest video game console and they are sold out..this sucks) Sad

isoneguy

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:13:44 AM

You should sell me your titans, 1 piece at a time.

I'll save you from the evil you've allowed into your life.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:21:17 AM

You should sell me your titans, 1 piece at a time.

I'll save you from the evil you've allowed into your life.

This is unfortunately very very true....they are evil. When I do laundry in the basement I have to avoid eye contact less they try to brick themselves into the 'blessed
release of doorstops" the thing that all enlightened knc titans (evil they are) aspire to.......its just a matter of time Sad

I will glady swap some knc titans for anyone with an A900's  out there however in some manner?

crap I'd have better odds with a lottery win then that happening Sad

ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:40:24 PM

Hmm

Any type of GB has got to be better than buying 1 mini each time. I'd definitely prefer a Quad GB.
xxkaiwaxx

Activity: 479
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:38:54 AM

Do you guys reckon its worth buying a A900 for $3400 USD right now?

Or whats the most youd pay for one with current DASH prices?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: