Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:35:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEVICE] SimpleRigResetter - Auto reboot crashed rigs - Extension Boards !!!  (Read 53058 times)
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 03:53:48 PM

OK so now, touch only Green and Brown in different configurations and see in which it can shut down your rig.
Then tell us which cobination it was Smiley

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 07:48:39 AM

The rig is up and connected to SRR (status is green circle).

So I left it alone - since it green and online, and already assigned slot # and rig number at smOS SRR menu.

It should be sending I am alive pings so green circle prooves that.

Citronick so is everythin all right and working with This other motherboard ?
Can you make manual reset from SRR Tool and circle turns red and then green and it accually reboots ?
If yes, please confirm it once again and also can you make photo how you connected it to see what was wrong ?

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:57:21 AM

So I left it alone - since it green and online, and already assigned slot # and rig number at smOS SRR menu.

Can you make manual reset from SRR Tool and circle turns red and then green and it actually reboots ?
If yes, please confirm it once again and also can you make photo how you connected it to see what was wrong ?

Will revert as soon as possible when I visit the warehouse later today.

The status is still green so nothing unusual yet - however, I do want to test like what you describe above to make sure than its working just like the Asrock mobos.

I have 6 rigs with this Biostar Racing Z170-GT7 motherboard.

The other rigs are all Asrock H81 Pro-BTC so no issues there - SRR works perfectly.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
darkshaddows

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:45:42 AM

Can you make manual reset from SRR Tool and circle turns red and then green and it actually reboots ?

The status is still green so nothing unusual yet - however, I do want to test like what you describe above to make sure than its working just like the Asrock mobos.

The other rigs are all Asrock H81 Pro-BTC so no issues there - SRR works perfectly.

A bit off-topic but how do you manage your H81 PRO BTC Rigs for HDMI's?
Are you using splitters? Mine wont turn on and shows no signal instead.

Thanks.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:08:10 AM

A bit off-topic but how do you manage your H81 PRO BTC Rigs for HDMI's?
Are you using splitters? Mine wont turn on and shows no signal instead.

Thanks.

smOS will run your rig headless (ie. no monitor is required).

splitters? PCI-USB splitters?

I only have one rig with 7 x GPUs on H81 mobo with a 3 PCI-USB splitter. I dont think this is the way to go - took my ages to make it work in Windows, easier on Linux though to recognise the 7 GPUs. Best way moving forward is less or no risers. The Biostar Z170 can support 7 x GPUs with special BIOS settings (see yun9999's thread)

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
lakat

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:39:33 AM

I received the Simple Rig Resetter  Smiley
I will this install the resetter shortly.
darkshaddows

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:32:06 PM

Just placed order for 3 of these!

Can't wait to test them out.

Cheers
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:00:53 PM

Hi, I am interested in purchasing a SimpleRigResetter, I see on the site shop there are optional power supplies for EU.. I am in US so what do I need?

Also I see there are optional rig cables.. what are these for? Do I need one for each rig? (I'll have 5 rigs for now but may get more in the future)

Will appreciate help, thanks
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:07:43 PM

Can you make manual reset from SRR Tool and circle turns red and then green and it accually reboots ?

It appears to be working (ie. manual power off, reset etc) but the colors don't change and stay in GREEN (ie. it should change from GREEN to RED during reset or power off). However, I can confirm that manual reset/power off/on does work, because the miner seen at the dashboard does reset and reboot.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 08:06:41 PM

It appears to be working (ie. manual power off, reset etc) but the colors don't change and stay in GREEN (ie. it should change from GREEN to RED during reset or power off). However, I can confirm that manual reset/power off/on does work, because the miner seen at the dashboard does reset and reboot.
Then try connecting those LED cabled differently, it must work becasue it is a ISO standard of all motherboards Smiley
White and Yellow cables are for LTD status, try connecting them in other configurations near this position. Those leds only READ voltage from pins so you wont damage anything.

Hi, I am interested in purchasing a SimpleRigResetter, I see on the site shop there are optional power supplies for EU.. I am in US so what do I need?

Also I see there are optional rig cables.. what are these for? Do I need one for each rig? (I'll have 5 rigs for now but may get more in the future)

Will appreciate help, thanks
Here is all described (go little lower on this page)
https://shop.simplemining.net/simplerigresetter.html?___SID=U
You need 8 cables to One SRR. Those cables you will connect to each rig, you can choose lenght.
You will be connecting them to Power LED and Power Button of the rig motherboard.
If you have 5 rigs and in future more, buy 8 cables, its not big expense and you will have for future.
If you will even more rigs there will be Extension Board which can be connected to SRR.
The Extension Board will give you even +24 Rigs but it will be more expensive than Base SRR.

Power Supply, you can select EU power supply + USA Adapter - its no 2 on list.
Also you can not buy this powersupply and instead you can go to your local store and buy there becasue its easy to find.
Specifications of this Power Supply you have also on this site.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:16:17 AM

Then try connecting those LED cabled differently, it must work becasue it is a ISO standard of all motherboards Smiley
White and Yellow cables are for LTD status, try connecting them in other configurations near this position. Those leds only READ voltage from pins so you wont damage anything.

I have tried all the combinations for the W and Y, still the same = working but LED dont change status.

I will try to do a few more test, including changing SRR units just in case - will revert later.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 09:09:17 AM

I have tried all the combinations for the W and Y, still the same = working but LED dont change status.

I will try to do a few more test, including changing SRR units just in case - will revert later.

Ok let me know. Try changing
- motherboard
- cable
- SRR
And you will tell me which one will if failing

dance191

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:18:48 AM

Hey Tytanick, any idea when the extender boards will be available to ship?

Also, anyone considering this product, just buy it.  It is great and works exactly as it should.  It takes just a few minutes to setup.  I haven't yet messed with the auto reboot part, but the remote reboot works perfectly.  All you do is plug it into your motherboard, setup TeamViewer/VNC/whatever, fire up the Windows app and you can now control your rig from anywhere in the world.  Super easy and works great. 
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 07:49:27 AM

Hey Tytanick, any idea when the extender boards will be available to ship?

Also, anyone considering this product, just buy it.  It is great and works exactly as it should.  It takes just a few minutes to setup.  I haven't yet messed with the auto reboot part, but the remote reboot works perfectly.  All you do is plug it into your motherboard, setup TeamViewer/VNC/whatever, fire up the Windows app and you can now control your rig from anywhere in the world.  Super easy and works great. 
I have little delay, still dont kow exact dates but it would be 1-3 week of April 2017

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

I posted in smOS thread, and doing the same in this SRR thread to thank Tytanick for his smOS and SRR.

Today is a big day for me because, just completed SRR for all my rigs, housekeeping of rom mods for all rigs, standardized all USBs/SSDs, upgraded my old hubs to gigabit switches, cleanup the network cabling, etc.....  for the past week nearly 100% uptime daily and full speed 45K sol/s total hash for ZEC (3.6GH ETH, 115Khs XMR) - thanks to SRR keeping each rig alive. 

I can say, my small farm is almost lights out operation now and I remotely manage the farm from home more often now. More time with family, more sleep time and working comfortably from home.

smOS and SRR are really a good combination and have generated me good income - hope we will see the best mining OS becoming even better with useful features to help miners be successful in mining. This is one of my best investment and ROI.

Also, would like to add a word of thanks to Eliovp for his amazing custom roms for my RX480s, R9-Nanos and Pandaminer.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 10:41:04 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2017, 08:00:16 PM by tytanick

Currently avaibility od SRR is OUT OF STOCK - next batch will be available between 25March-20 April 2017 !!!
If you want get info about new batch as soon as it will be released just send email to admin@simplemining.net

EDIT: More SSRs will be available in 22-31 March !!! Smiley
If you want get info about new batch as soon as it will be released just send email to admin@simplemining.net

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 11:12:37 AM

Quick update (Prototype) Smiley
May i present you our new products that will be available in April Smiley
SimpleRigResetter version 2 (SRRv2) and Extension Board
The only change in SRRv2 is that there will be telephonic sockets for RJ9 cables.
So you will have ability to make specific lenght on your own. To each new resetter there will be added adapter which will give you possibility to connect RJ9 to Motherboard pins Smiley
Last image shows the difference between SSRv1, SSRv2 and Extension Board which can be connected as module to both versions of SRR.

xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:54:13 AM

Quick update (Prototype) Smiley
May i present you our new products that will be available in April Smiley
SimpleRigResetter version 2 (SRRv2) and Extension Board
The only change in SRRv2 is that there will be telephonic sockets for RJ9 cables.
So you will have ability to make specific lenght on your own. To each new resetter there will be added adapter which will give you possibility to connect RJ9 to Motherboard pins Smiley
Last image shows the difference between SSRv1, SSRv2 and Extension Board which can be connected as module to both versions of SRR.

Will you be selling adaptors for the SRRv1 board to work with the extension board?

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 04:29:44 PM

Everithing is compatible wit eachother and it will be sold with proper adapters. Dont worry.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:35:06 PM

Everithing is compatible wit eachother and it will be sold with proper adapters. Dont worry.

Hi T,

How is SRR v1 connected to extension board?

What cable? Serial cable?

Any pictures?

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: