Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:35:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEVICE] SimpleRigResetter - Auto reboot crashed rigs - Extension Boards !!!  (Read 53046 times)
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:57:48 PM

The max lenght of cables (that i testes) is 20 meters.
Anyway SSRv1 cables were very heavy.
If you want SSRv1 cable longer then i guess i could send you but shipping would still cost.
Do you plan biuying SSRv2 also ? I could add SSRv1 longer cable to SSRv2 order if you are planning to buy it.
If not then i guess i could send it via normal cheap letter (economical) or global express (about 20$ shipping)
please wirte to admin@simplemining.net what you will decide.

The SSRv2 cables could be also 20 meters long and those are normal telephonic cables so its easy to make RJ9 connector.
Also thery are a lot lighter.

Hmm I'm thinking i'd want 1-3 of the 10m or 15m ones shipped to east coast us.. could you give an estimate for the cheap letter shipping price and how much  a 10m cord costs, and cost of 15m?

I'm considering getting smart plugs instead but not sure which i want yet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:37:45 AM

Hi T - In SRR2, understand that you will be using RJ9 connector and cables.

Is this RJ9 similar to what cable we use for telephones ?

If we want to get our own custom length RJ9 cables -- where and what tools do I need to get ?

Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 11:30:18 AM

Hi T - In SRR2, understand that you will be using RJ9 connector and cables.

Is this RJ9 similar to what cable we use for telephones ?

If we want to get our own custom length RJ9 cables -- where and what tools do I need to get ?

Thanks

If you want make own cables then you would need need one of these:
https://www.google.pl/search?q=rj9+tool&client=opera&hs=P61&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPurnj1N3TAhWoJJoKHd3MAJAQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=755

RJ9 connectors and special adapters RJ9-> 4 pin motherboard connectors will be provided to each device ofcourse.
I didnt decided yet but i think i will be selling 2,3,5,7 meter cables but if you want bigger lenght then it would be smart to buy in local shop some telephonic cable and tool and make them by your own Smiley
The thing is that cables weight has high impact on shipping price as cables weight are 80% of all package Smiley
I will think about this but 10meter cables might be in my shop or not.
Anyway if you want 15 or 20 meters then you would have to do it yourself i guess. But as it is sooo much easy, you can do it Tongue
RJ9 connectors i will be providing once someone will decide to make cables themselves. RJ9 are not so easy to find accually Smiley

Shipping to USA is about 20-25$ via global express (its a faster letter lets say but it is in a box secured so it cant be damaged by throwing package from 2 meters Tongue)

thanks for communication via email, and processing the RMA, maybe just bad luck with my unit.
This was first RMA case accually Smiley RJ45 module stopped working for some reason but it could be even non SRR related (thunderstorm can do this) - i will investigate this case for sure Smiley
Anyway this SSR was replaced as my customers are highly important to me and i want to have good quality service.
Anyway renember guys that the warranty period is 24 months Smiley

Here is photo how adapter + RJ9 cable looks like:

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
DevonMiner

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:54:43 AM

RJ9 looks a really sensible way forward, I'll keep my eyes on this thread for when v2 comes out ... had to make a trip out last night to reset two rigs which went down  Roll Eyes
Sequoia93

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:35:49 AM

Can the SSR be used with ethOS? I'm considering using ethOS over simplemining OS until I can confirm 7 5xx series cards on a z170 board will work with simpleming OS.
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 09:14:17 AM

Can the SSR be used with ethOS? I'm considering using ethOS over simplemining OS until I can confirm 7 5xx series cards on a z170 board will work with simpleming OS.
Ofcourse, yes.
You can use with any windows/linux system but you need to install "socat" packet on ethOS and add script to each rig with two parameters: SRR serial number and slot number that this rig is connected to"

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 05:53:03 PM

If this tool works with RX500 then ok, why not Smiley
I myself need to check something with my gpus Tongue
Also i guess if it will work then i can implement this into dashboarrd to show what types of memory you have.
Also i will impelemnt someday reading bioses from gpus and showing checksums of those in dashboard.
Anybody have problems with new dashboard  If not then i guess tomorrow i could push it to production and start counting those fees that i was taalking since previous year Cheesy

matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:40:43 PM

Hello ,

I received my SRR,

I have a question ,

Can it be used only in local networks?

I hope not Smiley

To use it from any computer it is necessary to click on connect and returned the ip + port + serial number of the srr?

I do that, but I have a mistake.

Error while getting info from device

go to the moon !!
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 08:17:54 PM

You can set the same ip as your local network.
Then just forward udp port to your SSR and you can connect from internet.
And yes you need to give external ip address + this udp port that you forwarded + serial of SSR Smiley
Also if you have error getting device info be sure that you dont have any VPN or virtualbox interface enabled !
As now you need to have only one interface enabled but this is fixed in next SSR Tool release that wil be in about month with Extension Boards premiere Smiley

LITTLE UPDATE:
Also this is our production unit of SSRv2 Smiley
The production line will start doing them in about a week and they should be ready at the very beginning of June (so about 2 weeks from now Smiley
I decided to make it on black pcb Smiley

matmator

bou !

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:11:37 PM

I do not understand ,

How to connect to srr outside the house?

I enter the ip that appears when, but nothing works.

go to the moon !!
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 10:12:38 PM

I do not understand ,

You need to have external public Ip address and make proper port forwards.
Then you can connect to this ip and specific port + SSR Serial number.
Still i cant help with port forwarding on your router.

cheet

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:41:54 AM

What benefits does the new version have over the previous?
botarnold

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:09:21 AM

What kinds of shipping do you offer? I want to try and get one of these by the end of June.
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:58:09 AM

On all my windows 10 machines I get this message when trying to run the agent;

Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A windows service must be installed (using installutil(.exe) and then started with the Server Explorer, Window Services Administrative tool or Net Start command.

Anyone knows what I need to get it to work?
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 04:05:23 AM

I do not understand ,

I think you can install it on all your miners. Let's say miner #3 is down. Teamviewer into any of the other running miners to reset miner #3.
Haven't tried it yet, but I don't see why it won't work.

Btw I also received 3x SRR yesterday. Good stuff.
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 09:53:51 AM

What benefits does the new version have over the previous?
Chnges are little cosmetic.
Added 2 leds to each slot - one will simulate when rig is powered on , second will glow when SRR will simulate button press Smiley
Also the sockets are RJ49 so you would be able to make and use own RJ9 tlephonic cables + special adapter that i am providing.
Rest hardware is the same as SSRv1 is very  good and stable product.

Shipping the same as previous. Global Express (priority package letter for about 22$ and EMS courier for about ~70$ depending on country)

On all my windows 10 machines I get this message when trying to run the agent;
Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger. A windows service must be installed (using installutil(.exe) and then started with the Server Explorer, Window Services Administrative tool or Net Start command.
Anyone knows what I need to get it to work?
I need team viewer to this windows to see whats going on.
Can you send me team viewer info so i can look at this ? -> admin@simplemining.net

matmator

bou !

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:11:10 AM

I do not understand ,

I think you can install it on all your miners. Let's say miner #3 is down. Teamviewer into any of the other running miners to reset miner #3.
Haven't tried it yet, but I don't see why it won't work.

Btw I also received 3x SRR yesterday. Good stuff.

Hello

Ah yes it's not silly! thank you .

I also wanted to say thank you to simplemining for this exellent product!

Works clean and neat. It is expensive, but quality is paid for

go to the moon !!
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 03:16:48 PM

I could make chineese cheap shit but i am not that kind of guy who want to fast earn and sell whatever. I am from Poland and i appreciate quality products as cheap ones annoying me.
Anyway the vost of SRR will return to you very fast. Just cound downtime hours of each rig and see how much you are loosing. On top of that add your precious time that you spend on driving to other location just to reboot rig. Some people are saying that my SRR cost returned after month or two(i didnt count that because it depends on many factors and each mining rig has individual crashability (is it a word ? Smiley

matmayor did you suceeded in port forwarding ?
I know its working brcause i trsted this feature myself.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:11:05 PM

I could make chineese cheap shit but i am not that kind of guy who want to fast earn and sell whatever. I am from Poland and i appreciate quality products as cheap ones annoying me.
Anyway the vost of SRR will return to you very fast. Just cound downtime hours of each rig and see how much you are loosing. On top of that add your precious time that you spend on driving to other location just to reboot rig. Some people are saying that my SRR cost returned after month or two(i didnt count that because it depends on many factors and each mining rig has individual crashability (is it a word ? Smiley

BTW, when the SRR2 coming out?

How many rigs can be supported from SRR1, ie. via expansion board?

SRR1 (10 rigs) --> SRR2 (10 rigs) --> expansion board (20 rigs?)

OR

SRR1 (10 rigs) ---> expansion board (20 rigs)

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
matmator

bou !

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:40:08 PM

No, i did not really understand how i should use it, i have team viewer + srr install on each machine so i can raise it from a distance.

I must set the port of my router box?

For example I am at work, and I want to connect to the SRR which is at home,

On my pc of the work I also install SRR and I made connect and I enter the ip + port + serial of the SRR. ?

But i have to enter the pc of my pc into the router of my house ....

That's right ?

(If there is a french who reads this topic and who uses SRR, thank you to contact me for a little help)

go to the moon !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: