Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:31:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEVICE] SimpleRigResetter - Auto reboot crashed rigs - Extension Boards !!!  (Read 53046 times)
yhbae

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:58:26 PM

I'm about to build a server room in my house down in the basement room. I was planning to place a Netgear Orbi satellite in the room, and connect it to a ethernet switch so that all rigs can have internet. I currently have 33 GPUs (on 6 rigs) running all over my house but I want to expand more.

Does SSR support this configuration? I read somewhere in this thread that using WiFi could be an issue but wasn't sure if this only applies if the rig is directly connected via WiFi adapter.

This device looks very interesting!

Thanks!

If this WIFI bridge (i am am thinking right) will pass BROADCAST packets then it shoudl work.
Still wifi is bad - it is always bad, for many years in many systems with many routers i've used - i am jsut saying, WIFI IS BAD Cheesy

The next firmware release that we are polishing will have option of disabling ONLY ONE OR SELECTED rigs from watchdog and not entire device.
There will be many more features but we need to finish it.
Me and my Low level programmer friend are working on this to get on time the firmware and Tool ASAP.
The SRR and Extension Board batch is still producing and i suppose to receive them in about 1-2 weeks.
As i dont like taking preorders i will just release devices as soon as they will be ready.
Now i am thinking that the next real date of restock is about 1 February so 20 more days.

Yes, my Wifi router is connected to a cable modem. I don't think it matters but this is one of those newer routers with satellites that uses a separate channel to provide more coverage without slowdowns...

I could provide a LAN line directly to the server room but I really don't want to drill holes in my living room floor... Smiley
BSAlex

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:54:05 PM

I could provide a LAN line directly to the server room but I really don't want to drill holes in my living room floor... Smiley

You'd better try PowerLine. Even if WiFi will work it may start getting problems later without any obvious reason due to some new AP installed nearby.
yhbae

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:12:19 PM

You'd better try PowerLine. Even if WiFi will work it may start getting problems later without any obvious reason due to some new AP installed nearby.

Are PowerLines considered more reliable than WiFis? Don't know anything about them...
BSAlex

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:38:25 PM

Are PowerLines considered more reliable than WiFis? Don't know anything about them...

PowerLine use wires, not radio waves. So you wan't get some unexpected changes suddenly. Though every tech have issues...
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:36:15 PM

PowerLine use wires, not radio waves. So you wan't get some unexpected changes suddenly. Though every tech have issues...
Still i used feq powerlines but they all making problems like just loose connection Smiley
So i would not be so excited about this Cheesy

Current progress of SRR related things:

SRRv2 availability
Production line should give me those at the end of January so they should appear in shop about 1-15 February.
The SRRv2 will have most probably new firmware implemented already (read below about changes).

Extension Boards.
We have already first batch in our hands and we need to do some final testing of new firmware and Windows Tool.
The EB should be available in shop about 10-20 February.

New Firmware and New SRR TOOL Software for windows
There will be new firmware for SRRv2 and SSRv1.
You will be ofcourse able to flash your current SRRv1 or SSRv2 with this new firmware using new SRR TOOL software for windows.
Flashing will be as easy as few clicks.
There will be also new Windows SRR TOOL - completly different with many new features.
Once new firmware will be available i will try to send email to everyone that bought SRR from me.

Here is little list of changes in firware/software
There will be also some other features like:
- ability to name each slot in SRR Tool (but this information will be stored in txt file) and not o SRR itself)
- watchdog delay increaed from 1-250 seconds to 10-2500 seconds.
- when rig freezes then SRR will do 4 times fast reset and then it will be doing long resets until rig will be allive again
- on windows rigs - windows agent will be installed with faster startup
- always ON feature - if rig will turn OFF by itself, then SRR will turn it ON at all costs
This is fix for some cases when when rig offline after power failure or becasue PSU decided to turn off becasue too big temperature.
- ability to turn ON/OFF watchdog FOR EACH SLOT (so if you want to do maintenence on some rig, then you just turn one slot off Smiley
- slots will be show as list in table with more informations like: serial of SRR/Extension board, Slot number, What SRR is doing curently in each slot, Countdown to auto reboot, Turn on/off watchdog, resets in row, resets total, Your notes, Action button.

This is CLOSED ALPHA version of tool so few things will change like some names or colors.
Anyway i would like to show how it looks right now Smiley

https://cl.ly/0j31031Y2d45
https://cl.ly/2525470c0r2v
https://cl.ly/0N013P423718

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 03:54:08 PM

Few photos of production unit of Extension Boards Smiley
Please don't ask via email about availability.
They will be released in shop for everyone and then you will be able to buy Smiley
We don't take any reservations !

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:09:03 PM

Few photos of production unit of Extension Boards Smiley
Please don't ask via email about availability.
They will be released in shop for everyone and then you will be able to buy Smiley
We don't take any reservations !

awesome , cant wait, will you be selling the cables as well with the extension boards? i mean like extra long ones say 20 feet? Looking online it’s basically the same pricing as what you charge for you 6 10 and 15 foot phone cables
so mightvas well buy 30 to go with the extention board orders.

I already have 3 srr , 1 gen 1 and two gen 2 so its probably better for me to buy extention boards , on for each
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 05:21:53 PM

awesome , cant wait, will you be selling the cables as well with the extension boards? i mean like extra long ones say 20 feet? Looking online it’s basically the same pricing as what you charge for you 6 10 and 15 foot phone cables
I already have 3 srr , 1 gen 1 and two gen 2 so its probably better for me to buy extention boards , on for each

About cables. I already have in stock rj9 cables with those lenght:
note than 1 meter = 3,3 feet
3meter
5meter
7meter
10meter
15meter
20meter

Also i signed cooperation with DHL and DHL Parcel so i will be sending world wide via this method.
We negotiated not bad prices so it wont be that much expensive after all Smiley
Previous delivery times were unacceptable for me and caused few problems.

About SSRv1 and Extension Boards.
We will need to make special adapter that will make this 4 green slot -> rj45 socket.
This might be not available at start but little time after we send some Extension Boards.
Also keep note that you will be able to connect even 10 extension boards to one SRRv2 Wink

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:40:58 PM

About cables. I already have in stock rj9 cables with those lenght:
note than 1 meter = 3,3 feet
3meter
5meter
7meter
10meter
15meter
20meter

Also i signed cooperation with DHL and DHL Parcel so i will be sending world wide via this method.
We negotiated not bad prices so it wont be that much expensive after all Smiley
Previous delivery times were unacceptable for me and caused few problems.

About SSRv1 and Extension Boards.
We will need to make special adapter that will make this 4 green slot -> rj45 socket.
This might be not available at start but little time after we send some Extension Boards.
Also keep note that you will be able to connect even 10 extension boards to one SRRv2 Wink

oh wow thats great news.  Hmm , with long enough cables i could rewire all my rigs to even 1 srr and keep the other v2 as a spare.  Ill need to grab 3 extention board, and connect them to one.
twofreckles

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:38:30 PM

Those boards will make my life way easier Smiley Lenght of cables will solve some issues as well.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:27:21 AM

Those boards will make my life way easier Smiley Lenght of cables will solve some issues as well.
Also worth to mantion that The RJ45 cable between SRR and Extension board can be from 10-100 meters long Smiley
100 meter is more less total lenght that RJ45 (ethernet cable) could have.
Its becasue SRR power supply is 24 Volts and both SRR and Extension Boards will work if the input voltage will be in range of 12-24 Volts.
So if 24 Volts will be at the beginning of ethernet cable that is connected to SRR and at the second end it will rop to 14 Volts then Extension Board will still be working Smiley
So limitation is Voltage. Also better ethernet cable = less voltage drop = cable could be longer.
100 meters is safe lenght but i probably could be even 300mters also od good quality copper cable Smiley
And Second thing. Extension Board doesnt require addonitional Power Supply.
But if the voltage drop is too high on very long distance then you also have option to connect second PSU directly into extension board Smiley
Still i gues those informations are not needed for 98% users.

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Also worth to mantion that The RJ45 cable between SRR and Extension board can be from 10-100 meters long Smiley
100 meter is more less total lenght that RJ45 (ethernet cable) could have.
Its becasue SRR power supply is 24 Volts and both SRR and Extension Boards will work if the input voltage will be in range of 12-24 Volts.
So if 24 Volts will be at the beginning of ethernet cable that is connected to SRR and at the second end it will rop to 14 Volts then Extension Board will still be working Smiley
So limitation is Voltage. Also better ethernet cable = less voltage drop = cable could be longer.
100 meters is safe lenght but i probably could be even 300mters also od good quality copper cable Smiley
And Second thing. Extension Board doesnt require addonitional Power Supply.
But if the voltage drop is too high on very long distance then you also have option to connect second PSU directly into extension board Smiley
Still i gues those informations are not needed for 98% users.

Hi Tytanick, so these bards are daisy chained? Each board will passthru the voltages to the next board, correct? Lets say the first extension board is 10mtr away from the SRR, the next extension board which is an additional 10mtr away would plug into the first board and so on?
This is a welcome change, I was expecting each extension board to need its own power supply.
Looking forward to stocks of SRR2 and the extension boards Smiley

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:38:48 AM

Hi Tytanick, so these bards are daisy chained? Each board will passthru the voltages to the next board, correct? Lets say the first extension board is 10mtr away from the SRR, the next extension board which is an additional 10mtr away would plug into the first board and so on?
This is a welcome change, I was expecting each extension board to need its own power supply.
Looking forward to stocks of SRR2 and the extension boards Smiley
Correct.
Thats why i was selling 24 V 2A Power supplies Smiley
To cover up up to 10 Extension Boards on this single PSU.
So connection will look like that:
And it cant be connected in curcle ! It must be 2 separate lines.

24V 2A PSU ->>> SRR -----> EB -----> EB -----> EB ----> EB ----> EB    (<---- Optional second PSU if total lenght of RJ45 between EB will be much higher than 100 meters)
                              |
                              --------> EB -----> EB -----> EB ----> EB ----> EB    (<---- Optional second PSU if total lenght of RJ45 between EB will be much higher than 100 meters)

I made sure that the product will be SIMPLE and just work Smiley
Also it is worth to tell that accualy we sold already about 1000 pcs of SSRv1+SSRv2 and only 2 of them were broken (from the beginning).
Also there was one case where one slot didn't worked but ofcourse all 3 cases were handled with 100% refund or discount choosed by customer.
And accually no single SRR broke while was working. And already one year passed since first sale Smiley
Also the warranty is 2 years so i can say that those are rock solid stable products Wink
So i am thinking that connecting them to single PSU would be also ok Smiley

yhbae

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:35:53 PM

Could this be used to keep a router up 24/7 as well?
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:25:09 PM

Unfortunatley no, its only for rigs.
I dont have in plans making router resetter Smiley

yhbae

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:09:07 AM

Unfortunatley no, its only for rigs.
I dont have in plans making router resetter Smiley

I was just curious since I am planning to get your system for the rigs anyhow....  Grin

I wonder if such a system exist... I did some quick googling, and came up empty...
hashestohashes

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:39:12 PM

Pretty excited for this, the days are numbered till it's on sale again Cheesy

Is there any common scenario where this won't work? As an example, all cards go to zero hashes (or any other common scenario, this is the only one I could think of).
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:23:55 PM

Just use one of these

https://3gstore.com/product/6081_2_outlet_ip_switch.html

I have 4 of them for various reasons. They can run a rig too but for $100 and it only handles 10A not really worth it. Going on 7 years not a single problem with them, not bad.
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:13:39 PM

I will release them in shop very soon !
In next few days i will know for sure all the details.
I really dont like taking people's money upfront when i am not completly sure about shipping dates so please hold on little longer Smiley
We also packing as many changes in SRRv2 firmware as we can. I want to release SRRv2 next batch with new firmware and not old one Smiley

jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:52:04 PM

I will release them in shop very soon !
In next few days i will know for sure all the details.
I really dont like taking people's money upfront when i am not completly sure about shipping dates so please hold on little longer Smiley
We also packing as many changes in SRRv2 firmware as we can. I want to release SRRv2 next batch with new firmware and not old one Smiley

please consider a proper Application that can be reached also from Remote Network and also please consider Security (User/Pass etc.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: