Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:58:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
imjustsayintho

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:57:44 PM

Seeing as how the Devs have been generalky nonexistent, none of the initial investors seem to know what's the reasoning, there has been no announcements or activity on Twitter or otherwise, it is very safe to assume this is a manipulation. The questions are these: will this pricing sustain itself until the next release of mystery timing, or will it drop as people understand this isn't real movement. Does this help or hurt overall confidence in the coin? And is this the endgame from whoever was pressuring the price down the past weeks and accumulating, or is this the beginning? It's anybody's guess, but, yes, it is very unlikely there is sudden quiet interest in this coin. Another guess is that someone tried to push the price down below 1000 sats and realized there was not much to accumulate at that price, so they moved it to a price early investors might be more likely to let go of coins for. As time goes on, this coin gets harder to read, especially with Devs that seem bothered by the idea of communicating clearly with their investors.

Speak for yourself....the devs have a low priority or even care about market movement. They didn't premine this coin and enrich themselves and nearly 100% of the coins went to the initial investors.  If you know crypto, anything is possible...look at pascal coin, namecoin/pivx recently...there was sudden interest lately.  The great thing about spectre is that it doesn't require hype or devs responding to every slack posting....once the product is fully completed I believe you'll hear from the devs more often.  None of the ico investors have raised any issues in a private slack....My advice to you is to stop speculating and grab some xspec.

▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
██████▄██████▄██████
██████▀██████▀██████
▀█████▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄█████▄▄████▄
██████████████████
██████████████████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
████████████▄██████
████████████▀██████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀

▄████▄
██████▄▄▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀
▀████▀

▄████▄
██████
██████
▀█████
░░░░░░
▄████▄░█████▄
██████░██████▄▄▄
██████░██████▀▀▀
▀████▀░█████▀
░░░░░░
▄█████
██████
██████
▀████▀

░░░░▄████▄
▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀██████
░░░░▀████▀

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:30:48 AM

We are communicating, we are working on the update etc. and will do a full update when we release the new version. In the meantime, there isn't too much to say. If I knew exactly when we would be able to solve the pertinent issues I would say so, but as things sometimes takes longer than expected there is no point in making empty updates. Things take time.

cool just do your thing. i prefer dev's working in background instead of creating hype and hanging around here if there is nothing important to say
good things need time ...
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 04:24:48 AM

this coin rise up last week what is going on? i haven't read much of this coin since the day its been doing ico. what differences does this one provide where the sdc, xmr and dash don't? is there also a forum dedicated for this coin?

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:15:19 AM

this coin rise up last week what is going on? i haven't read much of this coin since the day its been doing ico. what differences does this one provide where the sdc, xmr and dash don't? is there also a forum dedicated for this coin?

1. Just someone accumulating coins probably.

2. Differences are Spectre.Cash which is a mobile app for remittance. Also a difference in the backbone network (Spectrecoin) is that it's tightly integrated with Tor, everything is on Tor, always.

3. No forum, but we have a Slack.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
tradwork

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:22:43 PM

Big things happening for this coin, it's a silent giant that is highly undervalued right now. Will be improving on the AnonAlts with some great features!

yes of course good things will take time and we have to wait over it with good patient.
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:11:35 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 07:19:45 AM by mandica

HIRING: Windows expert / QT5 / Webkit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1830130.0[/s]
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:31:16 PM

1. Just someone accumulating coins probably.

2. Differences are Spectre.Cash which is a mobile app for remittance. Also a difference in the backbone network (Spectrecoin) is that it's tightly integrated with Tor, everything is on Tor, always.

3. No forum, but we have a Slack.

Nice summary  Smiley

The user base of Shadow feels betrayed that the Devs of SDC suddenly decided to go mainstream with PART...
There should be a lot of folks in the Shadow community that value a commitment to anon = XSPEC
krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:37:57 AM

Got lured here from the SDC thread Smiley

I like it but one question:

SpecificationsValue
Total number of coins: 20,000,000 XSPEC
Ideal block time: 300 seconds (5 minutes)[/td]
Stake interest: 5% annual static inflation
Confirmations: 6 blocks
Maturity: 288 blocks (24 hours)
Min stake age: 8 hours

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/blob/master/src/main.h#L60

Code:
inline unsigned int GetTargetSpacing(int nHeight) { return Params().IsProtocolV2(nHeight) ? 64 : 60; }

What is up with this? Its 1 minute, not 5minutes.

So many coins are doing this recently. Saying its x minutes blocktime but do not bother to change that in the code. This line was unchanged when forked from blackcoin obviously.

Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:39:55 AM

Hello dev..
ico this is working or not? I just recently saw about building a video campaign..!!
mandica (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:43:10 AM

SpecificationsValue

Code:
inline unsigned int GetTargetSpacing(int nHeight) { return Params().IsProtocolV2(nHeight) ? 64 : 60; }

So many coins are doing this recently. Saying its x minutes blocktime but do not bother to change that in the code. This line was unchanged when forked from blackcoin obviously.

Yes, that's an oversight, you are actually the first to point that out. It hasn't been seen as a critical issue so has been left. We are currently finishing off a new Windows version and some Tor upgrade so will have a look at block time.  Grin
krile

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:46:53 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 08:02:28 AM by krile

SpecificationsValue

Code:

Yes, that's an oversight, you are actually the first to point that out. It hasn't been seen as a critical issue so has been left. We are currently finishing off a new Windows version and some Tor upgrade so will have a look at block time.  Grin

I am usually the guy pointing things like this out lol, usually I get my posts deleted. Thank you for not deleting Smiley

Just realized there is no cap on the maximum amount of coins in the code. And there is more than 20M in the supply already. So also what is up with that?

Maybe change the specs in the ANN to match the actual specs, it will be better for the coins reputation long term. There are probably more people like me around that actually look at the code Smiley

mandica (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:01:30 AM

SpecificationsValue

Code:

Yes, that's an oversight, you are actually the first to point that out. It hasn't been seen as a critical issue so has been left. We are currently finishing off a new Windows version and some Tor upgrade so will have a look at block time.  Grin

I am usually the guy pointing things like this out lol, usually I get my posts deleted. Thank you for not deleting Smiley

Just realized there is no cap on the maximum amount of coins in the code. And there is more than 20M in the supply already. So also what is up with that?

Maybe change the specs in the ANN to match the actual specs, it will be better for the coins reputation long term. There are probably more people like me around that actually look at the code Smiley

You are right, there is meant to be a static 5% per year so no set maximum coins but it will take many years to get a significant increase in supply. The idea is that more people will use the coin and so this and inflation will offset this. It could be decided in a year or two to reduce reward if that seems sensible. We started with 20 mill.
krile

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:03:42 AM

SpecificationsValue

Code:

You are right, there is meant to be a static 5% per year so no set maximum coins but it will take many years to get a significant increase in supply. The idea is that more people will use the coin and so this and inflation will offset this. It could be decided in a year or two to reduce reward if that seems sensible. We started with 20 mill.

By rough calculations, this coin is getting 500,000 new coins first year, 512500 second year, 525312 third year...etc and exponentially up (considering that only 50% are staking which is usually the case with PoS coins, if all 100% coins are staking you can double that number).

Well anyway I just wanted to point this out. Will buy some and join the staking. The dev not deleting posts is always a good sign Smiley

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:19:08 PM

This coin raised 18 btc right ? So all coins are devided between those 18 btc so , more then 1 million for each btc

Thats insane bad start.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:40:33 PM

This coin raised 18 btc right ? So all coins are devided between those 18 btc so , more then 1 million for each btc

Thats insane bad start.

A little adversity never hurt anyone. We will not give up and we have some other funding as well in donations so we are on the right track now and will get the updates out soon.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

Thats insane bad start.

A little adversity never hurt anyone. We will not give up and we have some other funding as well in donations so we are on the right track now and will get the updates out soon.

I dont mean the amount raised i mean that 1 btc owns millions, A fair distribution is important. Now its only making the ico holders rich and thats all basicly.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:20:29 PM

Thats insane bad start.

I dont mean the amount raised i mean that 1 btc owns millions, A fair distribution is important. Now its only making the ico holders rich and thats all basicly.

The coins will spread over time and if someone decides to dump it will stabilise again so I am not too worried about that now.
Alteredcoins

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:08:36 PM

Thats insane bad start.

A lot will have to happen to make the ICO holders "rich". There were certainly more ICO investors than bitcoins in the pot, which seems to be how you've deduced the number of investors. Its also been spreading around on multiple exchanges. Many people own and trade Xspec now. I think, collectively, people should get past the distribution phase and move forward. Xspec is a bargain right now, period. THIS is only the beginning.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:43:09 PM

Thats insane bad start.

It will make some of the ICO holders rich, yes. It's a result of very low interest in this project during the ICO. However, the vast majority of ICO investors had significantly less to give than 1 BTC for an ICO that was called "shady" at that point ...  Roll Eyes You can look at the distribution here, it could be worse: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 09:38:35 PM

@Gandalf86 ....its too much work for some of these fudders to look at things like that.....and realize only four wallets have over a million. much easier to just sit back and criticize without really digging and learning about this coin. Thats what leads to off the cuff remarks.

I for one have sold off over 100,000 just to spread some xspec around. It does no good to hold if all the original investors are  holding.

Looks like over 460 wallets out there now, a far cry from the less than 100 xspec wallets we had when it launched.

And, there's more new folks in our slack channel everyday.
In fact...I'm going to spread some more around and encourage any original investor to do the same.
 I will have reduced my holdings 20% when I'm done.
But i'm serious about getting more folks in XSPEC.

When that android app hits.....its going to be spec..tacular.  Cool

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: