Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:42:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115648 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Shadow_Man

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:37:03 PM

It looks like the most important milestone has been been missed. That is a major disappointment.

We are behind the roadmap by one day. What a major disappointment...  Roll Eyes

How many days before it becomes a major disappointment in your mind? 10? 1000? Never?
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:50:32 PM

It looks like the most important milestone has been been missed. That is a major disappointment.

We are behind the roadmap by one day. What a major disappointment...  Roll Eyes

How many days before it becomes a major disappointment in your mind? 10? 1000? Never?

Not meeting the roadmap is not a major disappointment for me. I have seen enough projects that missed the roadmap by multiple months, and still delivered. As long as they keep their goals and keep working on it and don't give up, I'm not disappointed. Maybe if they learn that they're not good at meeting specific dates, they should remove the dates from the roadmap altogether.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Shadow_Man

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:01:32 PM

That is exactly my feeling.  Hitting milestones instills confidence, which is paramount in such a risky adventure as crypto coins.  Missing them does the opposite.  I would suggest updating the site change the projected date of milestones rather than keeping them up knowing they are false.  Or get rid of them entirely if they're not taken seriously.
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:35:23 PM

Im having some trouble finding more nodes on my wallet to connect to, theres only 1 and if it goes down, so does my staking. Are there any others that I can manually connect to in my wallet?

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
gentil

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:33:33 PM

The top 10 wallets own nearly 50% of coins http://prntscr.com/erbqv0

Was this premined?

If not, can someone point me in the direction of other distribution info?

Live by the sword, die by the sword
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:01:59 AM

That is exactly my feeling.  Hitting milestones instills confidence, which is paramount in such a risky adventure as crypto coins.  Missing them does the opposite.  I would suggest updating the site change the projected date of milestones rather than keeping them up knowing they are false.  Or get rid of them entirely if they're not taken seriously.

I guess this is why you are a newbie. The only thing that really matters is development moving forward, and that things are done right. Very few coins deliver new code on any set schedule.
I'll take quality over speed every time.

Obviously Spectre is considered a long shot, or the price wouldn't be dirt cheap.

It amazes me that some comments make it sound so serious, and likely they aren't risking more than a week's lunch money.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:09:53 AM

Not meeting the roadmap is not a major disappointment for me. I have seen enough projects that missed the roadmap by multiple months, and still delivered. As long as they keep their goals and keep working on it and don't give up, I'm not disappointed. Maybe if they learn that they're not good at meeting specific dates, they should remove the dates from the roadmap altogether.

In my experience they all have delays. I like the roadmap dates, and view them as guidelines or suggested goals. Anyone who has been involved in crypto currencies for any amount of time knows it is rare when something is released exactly as planned. Maybe an opportunity to pick up more coins at a better price.  Grin 
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:47:37 AM

poeple don't expecting delays for development don't have any clue about development  Cheesy

they are just here for the quick buck and some milk money, not to support the project.

just take your time not matter how much, better test/smash some more bugs.

rushing out a release just to meet the roadmap is nonsens/bs

thanks and have a nice day all
Shadow_Man

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:46:41 PM

In my experience they all have delays. I like the roadmap dates, and view them as guidelines or suggested goals. Anyone who has been involved in crypto currencies for any amount of time knows it is rare when something is released exactly as planned. Maybe an opportunity to pick up more coins at a better price.  Grin 

And how hard is it to update a website. I guess those devs are so busy that they couldn't possibly afford the 5 seconds it takes to do that.  If they keep missing milestones and delays, you'll have plenty of time to pick up more xspec at an ever decreasing price. I guess that's a good thing for you.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:57:02 PM

And how hard is it to update a website. I guess those devs are so busy that they couldn't possibly afford the 5 seconds it takes to do that.  If they keep missing milestones and delays, you'll have plenty of time to pick up more xspec at an ever decreasing price. I guess that's a good thing for you.

They are busy these days.These past weeks are the best days the trade. Who wouldn't want to earn, let those dev skip days for now they need to earn too lol.
But seriously, this coin is much better than some with anon features. I'd like to invest when one day its going to be pumped using the money that the dev earns upon trading.  Grin
Infibite Nit

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:25:02 AM

so android wallet coming out soon?
grex

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:24:06 PM

It would be nice if we can get remote staking (hot-/cold-wallet setup) for spectrecoin, like NEM's remote harvesting or remote masternodes with DASH.
I don't feel comfortable with leaving a hot-wallet open 24/7.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 12:48:39 AM

It would be nice if we can get remote staking (hot-/cold-wallet setup) for spectrecoin, like NEM's remote harvesting or remote masternodes with DASH.

The spectrecoin wallet when stacking is open only for stacking.
In stacking, it is closed to send, ask for the password again before.
Spectrecoin is safe as much as your password. So is Bitcoin.
If you can not use a good password, I think you should not use crypto-currencies.
To compare, this image is very good:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1762568.msg17630837#msg17630837

If you do not care about privacy, it's okay to use Dash or Bitcoin.  Cool

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
ALCTEC

Activity: 152

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:25:33 AM

Checkout VTR - it has 2FA

grex

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:13:18 AM

If you can not use a good password, I think you should not use crypto-currencies.

Well I do care about privacy, that's why I'm interested in this coin and hope the devs will deliver.
However, I think a privacy centered coin should also offer a safe way to stake and with the same wallet which holds your coins, that's not the case.

Imho the best way to stake would be to have the wallet open on a cheap VPS.
Trusting a 3rd party (VPS provider) with your private key is a no-go, even if it's secured with a strong passphrase.

Therefore the option of remote staking would be a great security enhancement for this coin and I hope the devs will consider that for future releases.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:27:55 AM

Well I do care about privacy, that's why I'm interested in this coin and hope the devs will deliver.
However, I think a privacy centered coin should also offer a safe way to stake and with the same wallet which holds your coins, that's not the case.

Trusting a 3rd party (VPS provider) with your private key is a no-go, even if it's secured with a strong passphrase.

Therefore the option of remote staking would be a great security enhancement for this coin and I hope the devs will consider that for future releases.

Could someone explain to noobish me what remote staking means or how it works?  Huh Somehow the entity who has access to the private key needs to be connected to the internet, right? So what is the alternative to keeping the wallet open?

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
grex

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:35:20 AM

If you do not care about privacy, it's okay to use Dash or Bitcoin.  Cool

Could someone explain to noobish me what remote staking means or how it works?  Huh Somehow the entity who has access to the private key needs to be connected to the internet, right? So what is the alternative to keeping the wallet open?

It's explained in the NEM FAQ https://www.nem.io/faq.html#howDelegateHarvest

Basically you are lending your staking power to another account, preferably with an empty wallet.
First you generate a key with your original wallet, which is only used for staking and activate remote staking. (This key has nothing to do with with your funds and private key.)
Then you can close your original wallet and put this key in the config of another wallet, which is and stays empty.
The empty wallet stays open for staking and all rewards are going to the original wallet.

The benefit of this setup is, that the wallet with your funds is only needed when starting remote staking and afterwards it can stay offline.
If the server with your staking wallet gets compromised, in the worst case, the staking key gets stolen and then the attacker can stake for your wallet  Grin
This architecture in connection with trezor would be a very secure setup.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:57:00 PM

Could someone explain to noobish me what remote staking means or how it works?  Huh Somehow the entity who has access to the private key needs to be connected to the internet, right? So what is the alternative to keeping the wallet open?

It's explained in the NEM FAQ https://www.nem.io/faq.html#howDelegateHarvest

Basically you are lending your staking power to another account, preferably with an empty wallet.
First you generate a key with your original wallet, which is only used for staking and activate remote staking. (This key has nothing to do with with your funds and private key.)
Then you can close your original wallet and put this key in the config of another wallet, which is and stays empty.
The empty wallet stays open for staking and all rewards are going to the original wallet.

The benefit of this setup is, that the wallet with your funds is only needed when starting remote staking and afterwards it can stay offline.
If the server with your staking wallet gets compromised, in the worst case, the staking key gets stolen and then the attacker can stake for your wallet  Grin
This architecture in connection with trezor would be a very secure setup.

Ok I see. This would also solve the problem for people using the mobile wallet, which is not going to stake coins to not surge the battery! I'm sure you are welcome to come to Slack and discuss this with devs. Check out #ideas_features over there, or go to Github and file a feature request.

On the downside, it could result in many people staking on just a few big servers, and only those servers running the actual network, which is not generally desirable because it makes the network less robust...

grex

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:14:37 PM

Ok I see. This would also solve the problem for people using the mobile wallet, which is not going to stake coins to not surge the battery! I'm sure you are welcome to come to Slack and discuss this with devs. Check out #ideas_features over there, or go to Github and file a feature request.

On the downside, it could result in many people staking on just a few big servers, and only those servers running the actual network, which is not generally desirable because it makes the network less robust...

I would limit one staking account to one IP address, but you are right, most of the nodes would be running in the network of big cloud hosters like digital ocean. However it's the same with bitcoin and big mining pools.
I've checked out slack, but it seems that the devs are not very active there. Filing a feature request on github is a great idea, I'll do that.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:35:54 PM

I would limit one staking account to one IP address

Remember, no IP addresses in Spectre! See the problem here?  Wink Similar to ZCash where you cannot control the distribution of funds, in Spectre, it is very hard to analyze the structure of the network.  I'm not sure if this "remote staking" is a good idea, or even doable, but definitely worth discussing at some point.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: