Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:17:53 PM

should try and get spectrecoin added to nexchange.co.uk

never heard of it but why not?
sombody knows the requirements to get listet on bittrex?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinerik

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:44:09 PM

Can I store these coins offline, just by writing down the private key?
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:40:37 PM

I think so. You may need to know your public key as well, dunno...

I suggest we do a little more testing before releasing.

+1 Testing is a very good idea. IMO every project should have a fixed testing/release cycle, it's just the normal case for professional software development.

Afaik your private key is all you need, you can access your funds later using the "addprivkey" command. I'm not a developer though, so don't rely on me for this.  Cheesy

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:40:56 PM

Just a suggestion, I store most of my coins offline on laptops. I don't use the laptops for any other apps, or for browsing the web. When you are done transferring your coins just shut it down, or turn off the Internet connection. Be sure to encrypt your wallets, and make multiple backups on thumb drives. You can usually find a decent used laptop for around $50 to $100.
p3ngu1n

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:46:31 PM

Monero will soon become a complete anonymous network.
Spectrecoin also feels better to build a similar network in the future.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:05:51 PM

To get listed on Bittrex you either need a hot coin that they want (making money on trades), or the last I heard a donation of 3 BTC.
I don't think we are quite ready for Bittrex since current volume is pretty low. I understand that a Bittrex listing would give us more volume, but In my opinion we should continue to get listed on more small exchanges, increase our distribution base, and get our Windows wallet perfected. Once that is done, we should concentrate on the Android wallet. At that point I expect we will see enough volume and bigger exchanges will start to notice. Timing is everything... Some well placed marketing at the right time will help get us noticed. We should be planning to make it all come together.

For now I am excited because Spectre is a serious contender in the privacy space, and is way undervalued at the moment. With a solid development effort we should be able to hit $ .25 to $.45 in the not too distant future. Hopefully some of the bigger investors will give us a push when the opportunity is right. 
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:29:40 PM

To get listed on Bittrex you either need a hot coin that they want (making money on trades), or the last I heard a donation of 3 BTC.
I don't think we are quite ready for Bittrex since current volume is pretty low. I understand that a Bittrex listing would give us more volume, but In my opinion we should continue to get listed on more small exchanges, increase our distribution base, and get our Windows wallet perfected. Once that is done, we should concentrate on the Android wallet. At that point I expect we will see enough volume and bigger exchanges will start to notice. Timing is everything... Some well placed marketing at the right time will help get us noticed. We should be planning to make it all come together.

For now I am excited because Spectre is a serious contender in the privacy space, and is way undervalued at the moment. With a solid development effort we should be able to hit $ .25 to $.45 in the not too distant future. Hopefully some of the bigger investors will give us a push when the opportunity is right.  

ok just wondering ... i have time no problem and in meantime i accumulate more and more

i also like and support your plan
send me a pm once you need help to gather funds for bittrex or some other accomplishments  Wink i'm here for long term and to support your project

btw. the new self compiled linux wallet runs stable and fine
thanks for all the work and keep it on!

Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 09:27:11 AM

Spectrecoin is already an anonymous network, now, in the present.
In addition, I like much more, the wallet of Spectrecoin.  Cool

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 02:00:45 PM

You need to read the Spectreproject website.....https://spectreproject.io/   
Click on "compare"....and do read the rest as well. There's a lot to learn about xspec.

The xspec wallet and network runs on TOR network. https://www.torproject.org/

Nothing else is required. Isn't it great?!  Cool

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:33:44 PM

ok just wondering ... i have time no problem and in meantime i accumulate more and more

i also like and support your plan
send me a pm once you need help to gather funds for bittrex or some other accomplishments  Wink i'm here for long term and to support your project

btw. the new self compiled linux wallet runs stable and fine
thanks for all the work and keep it on!

U seem to be misreading the above statement, this explains why ur warped brain thinks it's already trading at 50 cents. Bittrex fee is currently 5 btc whereas ccex wants 3 btc, to list a crappy altcoin. When u make ur way to bittrex I will use my connections to make richie kick this coin out of there without providing any explanation. I already told u don't provoke me to tear u apart.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:57:29 PM

Click on "compare"....and do read the rest as well. There's a lot to learn about xspec.

I download wallet Mac OS version. However, I can't find a peer connected in order to sync my wallet.
Any help?
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:02:36 PM

I download wallet Mac OS version. However, I can't find a peer connected in order to sync my wallet.
Any help?

It should connect automatically although it might take some time and if you use OSX you need to allow incoming network connections if it asks.

Try some addnodes:
addnode=5nau25r6h6yguexo.onion
addnode=73rk4zs6y3gbhubd.onion
addnode=c7u6ahmifslhyd6i.onion
addnode=e6fealf7rslugkxk.onion
addnode=ibnhf7nanlnjjxez.onion
addnode=kfjqzxws2obmtphz.onion
addnode=lkzgfqr5aycwq2nn.onion
addnode=mntahxpytetsdvf5.onion
addnode=pltu2hkznbgg3dp4.onion
addnode=vdoyrfxs4w5vl64o.onion
addnode=vve3opdupv3x4z3s.onion
addnode=ywlwlc6simzdlolk.onion

You can always go to the block explorers to find nodes:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!network

http://explorer.spectre.cash/network

Regards
 Smiley
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:11:47 PM

Hi Spectre Team

Given you focus on anonymity, why not follow Zcoin example and try to get listed on BTC38 asap.

Chinese market values anonymity a lot, so thats a great opportunity to grow market cap and drive up the price, making xspec more attractive for wider adoption...

I believe BTC38 would be a logical next step, and agree it would give us wider adoption and recognition.
p3ngu1n

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:32:13 PM

Monero will be anonymous send only(NO RingCT nodes are rejected).
This will create a complete anonymous network(transaction).

Is Spectrecoin too?
Otherwise, I feel that it is better to do so.
I understand that wallet is anonymous, I think Spectrecoin will be even more powerful if the transactions are completely anonymous.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:44:43 PM

Is Spectrecoin too?
I understand that wallet is anonymous, I think Spectrecoin will be even more powerful if the transactions are completely anonymous.

The short answer:
"If you're serious about privacy, TOR is an advisable precaution".
                                     Satoshi Nakamoto
----------------------------------------------------------------
The long answer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg264#msg264

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
p3ngu1n

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:10:43 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 05:21:50 AM by p3ngu1n

In addition, I like much more, the wallet of Spectrecoin.  Cool

Nothing else is required. Isn't it great?!  Cool

Is Spectrecoin too?

The short answer:
"If you're serious about privacy, TOR is an advisable precaution".
                                     Satoshi Nakamoto
----------------------------------------------------------------
The long answer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg264#msg264

As Spectrecoin focuses on anonymity, I think that it would be better to only allow private send.

But your opinion was helpful.
Thank you very much  Smiley
JabirJac

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:32:40 AM

Really don't think there is any need to answer that dog's barking so i wont. I'm sure no one else needs to either  Cool
barking dogs seldom bit it is a famous proverb and its reality ..
fengxia

Activity: 235
Merit: 230

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:23:06 PM

Prices and trading volume continued to rise,any good news?
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:56:52 PM

I have received a lot of questions about the anonymous transactions and what the difference is between the 'private balance' and the 'public balance' in the Spectre wallet. So here is an overview. I will try to cover different topics of the network and the wallet in the next few weeks.

Anonymous Transactions with ‘Spectre Tokens’ - overview

Introduction
Spectre employs dual-key stealth addresses and traceable ring signatures layered with non-interactive zero knowledge proofs (NIZKP) to create anonymous cryptographic transactions on the Spectrecoin blockchain.

Below you will find a presentation of the anonymous transaction protocol which employs the above mentioned cryptographic techniques. We explain how Spectre introduces a very high level of privacy and anonymity to the network while still preserving the core philosophies of trust-less decentralization, immutability, token fungibility, unforgeability and double-spend prevention.

‘Spectre Token’ (ST)
In order to transact anonymously, we have introduced an anonymous token, which we will refer to as ‘Spectre Token’ or ST for the rest of this presentation. ST can be minted / created whilst destroying ‘Spectrecoins’ or XSPEC for the rest of the presentation. The creation of ST outputs a group of STs totalling the same value (minus the transaction fee) of the destroyed XSPEC. That is, the creation of 1 ST will destroy 1 XSPEC. ST takes the form of anonymised spendable outputs on the Spectrecoin blockchain and each ST output has its own private and public key.

In the Spectre wallet the ST you are able to spend will appear in the ‘Private Balance’ field. Your ‘normal’ Spectrecoins will appear in the ‘Public Balance’ field. ST is only spendable by providing a traceable ring signature to prove ownership of ST of the same value. Once STs are created, you can claim a different ST output in a pool of the same value, by providing a traceable ring signature. You provide a keyImage of the private key to prevent double spending.

To increase the pool of ST outputs available to spend using traceable ring signatures, the ST value is broken up into separate STs for each decimal place of the total value. The STs are further broken up into values of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. For example 1.7 XSPEC would become 3 STs with values of 1.0, 0.3 and 0.4.

In this example as it appears in the CryptoID block explorer three inputs of 4.0 XSPEC (ST) have been ‘converted’ into 4 outputs of 10.11, 1.0, 0.5, 0.3 and 0.05 but it is not possible to assess which output was spent.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/tx.dws?53be1457a5ee4c64ba2b73fa8a053f99e31e57f3fe374339a00adab41b1514d4.htm

The same data can be retrieved inside the wallet in the ‘tool’ and ‘chain data’ as below:

You can also use the command ‘anoninfo’ in the debug console:

The command ‘anonoutputs’ will give you the ST balance you own:

We will explain in a later section how to successfully make an anonymous transaction and also elude to the limitations and what you can do to make the system work better.

Think of the transfer of anonymous tokens (ST) like this; when spending ST, a list is obtained of all the available (and mature) anonymous outputs in the system, then STs that don’t have enough same value outputs in the system are removed, then the smallest ST or the least number of smallest STs that can cover the amount + transaction fee are chosen.

Dual-key Stealth Addresses

A Dual-key stealth address is one of the cornerstones of most anonymous cryptocurrencies currently available. The usage allows the recipient to remain anonymous, even after sharing his stealth address publicly.
Once the stealth address has been revealed to the payer(s), it will enable the payee to receive infinite unlinkable payments. That means that each payment to a Stealth address computes a new unused normal address into which the funds will be received. Any observer / attacker will be unable to link the two addresses. The original visionaries were the creators of Bytecoin. However, the information they provide may not always apply to Spectrecoin / ‘Spectre Tokens’. If you wish to understand more about stealth addresses follow the below link:
http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html

Address Encoding
Stealth addresses are generated in a different way than normal bitcoin addresses, but they have a similar structure. A dual-key stealth address contains a lot more information than a normal Bitcoin address because it requires the sender of a transaction to know the public scan key and the public spend key which is not stored on the blockchain. All data required to perform such transaction is derivable from the stealth address itself.

Ring signatures
The ring signatures are a crucial part to anonymize the sender of a transaction. As previously mentioned, all STs have their own public and private key. The Ring Signature consists of the public key of the token being spent, plus the public keys from 3 to 200 other tokens of the same value as the token being spent. The nature of ring signatures makes it impossible to discover which member token in the ring signature is being spent, and transactions are no longer traceable.

Spending ST
There are two ways in which ST can be spent:
STs can be sent as STs. When sent as tokens, new tokens are minted for the recipient to the value of the input tokens minus the transaction fee. This will enter the ‘private balance’ in the Spectre wallet.
STs can be redeemed as XSPEC. When redeemed as XSPEC, new XSPEC is created to the value of the input ST minus the transaction fee. In both cases the input tokens become unspendable.
In order to spend ST, we use ring signatures to sign the transaction. The scheme consists of three functions, generateRingSignature, generateKeyImage, verifyRingSignature.

Each ST consist of a unique private key and public key. What happens when you spend your ST? When doing a normal transaction (like in Bitcoin), you would prove that you received an amount of coins by pointing to the transaction that got you the coins in the first place. That’s signed with the private key to prove you hold the keys to the address. For an anonymous transaction that procedure is different: we do not point to the previous transactions. Rather we take a pool of anonymous token (public keys of other people’s anonymous tokens) that have the same value as the token we are trying to spend and then we drop our public key. We then say “we own one of the public keys in this pool of tokens”, or in cryptographical terms: a ring signature.

ST TO XSPEC

1. Go to the Send section of your wallet and click ‘Advanced Options’ and select ‘Private’ to ‘Public’ as the send type:

2. Paste the stealth address of the recipient (if you are the recipient then paste your own stealth address) in the ‘pay to’ field. This part may appear counter-intuitive but you MUST enter a stealth address to create XSPEC!

3. Enter a send amount of 100 (for example) If you don't have 100 try 10, if u don't have 10 try 1. If necessary refer to the ‘Chain Data’ section of your wallet to determine available input/output amounts (this will be less necessary as the network grows).

4. Click "Suggest Ring Size"

5. Click "Send"

6. You will receive the XSPEC in a new XSPEC address generated in your wallet.
Reminder: The anon outputs need to be 10 blocks deep before they can be spent. 

If you wish to send XSPEC to ST / ST to ST then just choose the appropriate options in the wallet and remember ST = ‘Private Balance’ and XSPEC = ‘Public Balance’

I would suggest that all users who wish to assist in making anonymous transactions possible keep between 10-20% of their total balance as ‘Private Balance’. This will make it possible to transaction anonymously.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:02:40 PM

XSPEC is on its way! Congrats to the team!

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: