Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After death  (Read 17632 times)
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:29:25 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 03:42:41 PM by Tyrantt

There's been a question that's been bugging me for a long, long time now. What happens when you die? From someones side nothing, other say that your go to their versions of heaven and yet some say that we reincarnate.

That thing got me so bad that a few time's I've been on the verge of killing myself just to see what's happening then, it's killing me to think about it. What are your thoughts? I'm not interested in the christian or virgin filled muslim heaven, I'm interested in your ideas and what are your ideas on what might happen? One theory that stuck with me is that we are born again but in the different time or just born in the same timeline but as soon as you die, you're reborn on some other place.

EDIT: This question refers more the philosophical view on the period after ones death, so please keep the hc religious beliefs or non-religious away from this thread, tho there are already a few. Thank you.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:06:53 AM

Toss a stone into the pond. The ripples aren't the stone. But like they move upon the face of the pond, even so their vibration might extend forever even if it is in only a tiny, tiny way.

The "essence" of a person is NOT his physical form alone. Emotion, spirit and thought extend beyond the physical. But even they are not the person, entirely. However, we know from people who have lost many parts of their physical body, that although the emotion, and spirit and mind may change from the loss, the emotion, and spirit and mind are still strongly the person... way more strongly than simply the physical.

It seems that the "metaphysical" parts of a person go on just like the vibes of the stone that is tossed into the water. And being way more complex than the stone waves, who knows what will happen to them? Certainly they are not the same as they were when they were held captive in the physical body.

You wanted an answer that didn't have a lot to do with God, directly, so there you have it. However, nobody can remove God from the equation, since He holds everything in place. So, consider what He says before you do something as disastrous as suicide.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:32:16 AM

Toss a stone into the pond. The ripples aren't the stone. But like they move upon the face of the pond, even so their vibration might extend forever even if it is in only a tiny, tiny way.

The "essence" of a person is NOT his physical form alone. Emotion, spirit and thought extend beyond the physical. But even they are not the person, entirely. However, we know from people who have lost many parts of their physical body, that although the emotion, and spirit and mind may change from the loss, the emotion, and spirit and mind are still strongly the person... way more strongly than simply the physical.

It seems that the "metaphysical" parts of a person go on just like the vibes of the stone that is tossed into the water. And being way more complex than the stone waves, who knows what will happen to them? Certainly they are not the same as they were when they were held captive in the physical body.

You wanted an answer that didn't have a lot to do with God, directly, so there you have it. However, nobody can remove God from the equation, since He holds everything in place. So, consider what He says before you do something as disastrous as suicide.

Cool

Nicely written piece of prose there, I found it relaxing and pleasant to read even though I don't agree with it.

The problem with your theory is that the majority of a human being's "essence" or consciousness resides in the brain (perhaps some in the spinal cord, or other organs but the brain is where the real shit happens). If someone, for example, lost a limb in a car crash, their essence or consciousness hasn't been directly affected as long as their brain remains intact. If you start lobotomizing people, then their consciousness will become affected.

As for your analogy of "ripples in water", well it's a cute concept but it makes no sense in terms of consciousness. Our influences on the world certainly affect things in an outward, ripply, butterfly effect type of way, but we are not "experiencing" any of those influences in the same way we experience emotions or pain through our conscious brain. So it is a different thing entirely.

If I throw a huge rock into the sea, which creates a tsunami 1000 miles away that kills and injures thousands of people, I am not conscious of their suffering. Yeah I would feel terrible if I heard it on the news the next day, but I'm not intrinsically linked to the people I killed by some sort of metaphysical waves.

On topic, when you die you rot in the ground. The atoms and molecules that make up your body (which were created billions of years ago in multiple interstellar supernovae) are broken down by insects, bacteria, fungi and other strange creatures. The resulting chemicals are consumed by organisms, which prosper and grow, eventually making offspring of their own. These organisms will eventually die, rot, and the chemicals in their dead bodies will provide food for the next generation of plants and animals.

I think it's a beautiful concept personally.

Of course I don't know this for sure, but from what we know it seems like the most likely explanation. We will only know for sure when the time comes, but until then I'm gonna try and make the most of life on this (sometimes shitty) planet.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:53:46 AM

Cool

Nicely written piece of prose there, I found it relaxing and pleasant to read even though I don't agree with it.

The problem with your theory is that the majority of a human being's "essence" or consciousness resides in the brain (perhaps some in the spinal cord, or other organs but the brain is where the real shit happens). If someone, for example, lost a limb in a car crash, their essence or consciousness hasn't been directly affected as long as their brain remains intact. If you start lobotomizing people, then their consciousness will become affected.
However, consider body heat. Body heat is energy that moves beyond the body. If you think that the vibrational energy of thought and emotion and spirit remain only in the body, you are missing a lot of science.

As for your analogy of "ripples in water", well it's a cute concept but it makes no sense in terms of consciousness. Our influences on the world certainly affect things in an outward, ripply, butterfly effect type of way, but we are not "experiencing" any of those influences in the same way we experience emotions or pain through our conscious brain. So it is a different thing entirely.
Never heard of EEG machines or CAT scans? Both of these show that you are speaking from a very ignorant premise.

If I throw a huge rock into the sea, which creates a tsunami 1000 miles away that kills and injures thousands of people, I am not conscious of their suffering. Yeah I would feel terrible if I heard it on the news the next day, but I'm not intrinsically linked to the people I killed by some sort of metaphysical waves.
However, you do not know that you are NOT subconsciously aware of these things. The subconscious mind protects the conscious mind, so it would not allow your conscious mind to feel these vibes, which would be minor, and confused as they reached you.

In addition, consider when you move to a new city. It takes a long time for people to get used to you being there. A lot of it includes sympathetic and empathetic vibes.

You are trying to cover up the knowledge that exists medically and physically all over the place, that our vibes continue on after death, even though they are in a changed form, and even though they are weaker (are they weaker?) than they might have been in the living body.

On topic, when you die you rot in the ground. The atoms and molecules that make up your body (which were created billions of years ago in multiple interstellar supernovae) are broken down by insects, bacteria, fungi and other strange creatures. The resulting chemicals are consumed by organisms, which prosper and grow, eventually making offspring of their own. These organisms will eventually die, rot, and the chemicals in their dead bodies will provide food for the next generation of plants and animals.
Now you are simply talking silly. Dead people are not people. They are dead people. There is a difference. That isn't you rotting in the ground. It is your remains. You don't even sound credible.

Of course I don't know this for sure, but from what we know it seems like the most likely explanation. We will only know for sure when the time comes, but until then I'm gonna try and make the most of life on this (sometimes shitty) planet.

Finally. You don't know for sure. Understatement of everything you had to say.

Live on, in your sometimes shitty life. But learn to think a little.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 04:14:33 AM

To me, death is something like before the born, since you're a person who talking here you might born in 20th century, so just think how do you feel when the time roll back to 19th century? you feel nothing. And how about the 2 million years ago? So my thought is there will be nothing after death, you will feel nothing even million years passes by.

The only thing is nothing. It’s terrible to me because I won't be able to see and feel this beautiful world/universe anymore after death but I can't still understand how does this "nothing" feel like, completely. Undecided
canah17

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:39:32 AM

There's been a question that's been bugging me for a long, long time now. What happens when you die? From someones side nothing, other say that your go to their versions of heaven and yet some say that we reincarnate.

That thing got me so bad that a few time's I've been on the verge of killing myself just to see what's happening then, it's killing me to think about it. What are your thoughts? I'm not interested in the christian or virgin filled muslim heaven, I'm interested in your ideas and what are your ideas on what might happen? One theory that stuck with me is that we are born again but in the different time or just born in the same timeline but as soon as you die, you're reborn on some other place.

In my own ideas i don't really believe in reborn or reincarnated because if you do you have the slightest chance to have your past memories because the souls is connected to the brain if your soul is past down by someone you have the same attitude in the past even though you are not interested in christian etc. but i have a theory that when we die we might go to heaven and we don't really know whats in there or whats the nature there but believe me when we die we go to heaven i know its hard to believe it but its real alright when our time comes our answers will be answered my friend but then you have to believe in God in order to solve that big question mark in your head Smiley its possible really Smiley just a simple thing you will add up just believe Smiley
wowanstrong

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:33:24 AM

In my own ideas i don't really believe in reborn or reincarnated because if you do you have the slightest chance to have your past memories because the souls is connected to the brain if your soul is past down by someone you have the same attitude in the past even though you are not interested in christian etc. but i have a theory that when we die we might go to heaven and we don't really know whats in there or whats the nature there but believe me when we die we go to heaven i know its hard to believe it but its real alright when our time comes our answers will be answered my friend but then you have to believe in God in order to solve that big question mark in your head Smiley its possible really Smiley just a simple thing you will add up just believe Smiley
No such thing as reincarnation. Man lives only once. After the death of the dark. The tale of the resurrection seeks to parasitize on the basic human instinct, fear of death. How many terrorists kill people in order to get into a nonexistent heaven!

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
MaryAngela_Fantocci

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:14:46 PM

I think that when human die his consciousness is calm down and there is no such concept as "personality" or "I am"..

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:47:39 PM

I think that when human die his consciousness is calm down and there is no such concept as "personality" or "I am"..

Yes, death means end of consciousness as we know and experience it now...it means the end of the physical life or just the opposite of life...death means absence of life. As to different religious explanations and beliefs, they all are contradicting each other and until now there is no judge as to who is telling the truth. In my personal religious belief, death means death until there is a higher power that has the right to resurrect the dead ones.

In many cases, it is us humans who are just confusing things and putting so many colors to many simple concepts...we are using our imaginations to come up with wild explanations.
MaryAngela_Fantocci

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:56:47 PM

Yes, death means end of consciousness as we know and experience it now...it means the end of the physical life or just the opposite of life...death means absence of life. As to different religious explanations and beliefs, they all are contradicting each other and until now there is no judge as to who is telling the truth. In my personal religious belief, death means death until there is a higher power that has the right to resurrect the dead ones.

In many cases, it is us humans who are just confusing things and putting so many colors to many simple concepts...we are using our imaginations to come up with wild explanations.

For my opinion we just have fear that our lives will end and it's not in our power to finish or continue. And people invent different conceptions to "continue their lives" for more psychological comfort

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
swastik384

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:07:08 PM

That's a mystery till now. But many of the theories have revealed that soul will be transfer to another body when human died but in my view if the soul of human be transfer to another then the soul of every living beings in world should be transfer like a cycle. Is that be possible? No, then what happen exactly to soul of human body? Will it travel to heaven or hell as what they have done in their life (good work or bad work)?
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:20:33 PM

You have to understand that you are not only flesh but also soul, spirit.
Your body eventually pass and die, but your spirit is eternal.
If you kill yourself, you harm your spirit and can't find peace in the other world.
Please don't even think about it.
You will not be born again on the earth, it's misunderstanding.
You can come back as spirit, and connect with the people on the earth, but it's not the same as be born again.
If you did bad things when you lived on the earth, you will have to help your descendants on the earth not to repeat the same mistakes.
In this way, you will resurrect and get rid from everything evil, what block you to go to the Heaven and to be free.
Because of it, our life on earth is so precious and can't be repeated.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:04:21 PM

If you could remember anything before you was born, then after death might mean something.
But as we do not, there would be nothing after.
When death comes it is forever imo, you become a very small part of the whole universe mainly dust.

And its gone.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:11:54 PM

Cool

However, consider body heat. Body heat is energy that moves beyond the body. If you think that the vibrational energy of thought and emotion and spirit remain only in the body, you are missing a lot of science.

Never heard of EEG machines or CAT scans? Both of these show that you are speaking from a very ignorant premise.

However, you do not know that you are NOT subconsciously aware of these things. The subconscious mind protects the conscious mind, so it would not allow your conscious mind to feel these vibes, which would be minor, and confused as they reached you.

In addition, consider when you move to a new city. It takes a long time for people to get used to you being there. A lot of it includes sympathetic and empathetic vibes.

You are trying to cover up the knowledge that exists medically and physically all over the place, that our vibes continue on after death, even though they are in a changed form, and even though they are weaker (are they weaker?) than they might have been in the living body.

Now you are simply talking silly. Dead people are not people. They are dead people. There is a difference. That isn't you rotting in the ground. It is your remains. You don't even sound credible.

Finally. You don't know for sure. Understatement of everything you had to say.

Live on, in your sometimes shitty life. But learn to think a little.

Cool

I started to reply to your points, but then I realized not a single one made sense, or even had anything to do with what I said. So I gave up. We'll never agree anyway because you believe in a soul and a god 100%, and I don't, and I know that your stubborness prevents anyone from changing your views.

I will say your comment accusing me of ignorance made no sense - I know how EEG and CAT scans work, and they have nothing to do with life after death. CAT scans are especially irrelevant because they are basically X-rays - they output radiation and record what is reflected back. You could do a CAT scan on a teapot and it would still appear on the screen - does that mean the teapot has a soul?

EEGs are different, because they are measuring the electrical activity in the brain. And yes, some of this energy will certainly reach outside the brain. But that absolutely doesn't mean that we can use this energy in any useful way, and it certainly isn't evidence for a soul.

Your final paragraph just sums up your attitude - yes of course I don't know for sure, but NOR DO YOU! And you believe in some real crazy shit man!

The worst thing is, you think you're above everyone else with your "scientific proofs of god"  etc, when you're actually just very indoctrinated, arrogant, and unwilling to change your mind about literally everything you believe. Open your mind a little, you might learn something!
Boobies00

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

I like boobies (o)(o)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:21:58 PM

Well I have been dead for a couple of minutes. Luckily I was on an operating table and they were able to revive me.

I saw nothing.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 10:58:00 PM

My personal thoughts on the premise are that there will be nothing after death - your consciousness will dim and end - and that that is all.

Thoughts of having a soul or reincarnation are simply ideas for self-comfort, to ease the idea of death. Why worry about so many things in this life when you can simply have everlasting luxuries in the next? Regardless of religious preference, it should be agreed that in the past, religion was used as a form of control for the masses.

In times of struggle, is it not easier to hold on to hope if you had something to strive for? Why wouldn't you give up in times of great pain, like in a war, unless you had something to look forward to were you to continue? The human body and mind persevere in these points of time.

I have the idea that there is but emptiness after death however it is fine for others to believe differently.

kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:52:59 AM

Maybe you're not interested, but the explanation is in the religion of Islam on after death is really reasonable and acceptable. After death, the man will be gathered in one place. For those who do well when alive, the place will feel cool and comfortable, but it was not yet in heaven. And for people who are always doing evil and ugliness did when alive, where it will feel hot and uncomfortable, but it was not hell. Then our behavior over the world will be weighed, if heavier toward goodness, then we will be incorporated into heaven, and it was forever. And if more weight toward evil, we will go to hell, and it's forever.
Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:57:15 AM

To me, death is something like before the born, since you're a person who talking here you might born in 20th century, so just think how do you feel when the time roll back to 19th century? you feel nothing. And how about the 2 million years ago? So my thought is there will be nothing after death, you will feel nothing even million years passes by.

The only thing is nothing. It’s terrible to me because I won't be able to see and feel this beautiful world/universe anymore after death but I can't still understand how does this "nothing" feel like, completely. Undecided

Like before you were born, that's the answer I get most of the times. But how was it before you were born? Tongue what happened before that? before you've became a fetus, before even you were conceived? That's the question that's been bothering me. I really want to know that but I guess that's one question that we will never have the answer to or not untill we pass away ourselves.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:00:31 AM

Cool

Nice metaphore truly, but the only reason I asked for opinions was because we all know the of the afterlife of most religions. I wanted a new perspective,  your personal like if you ignore your religious believes for a moment, what could happen to us or our souls after w pass away. unconscious  eternal darkness is something that doesn't satisfy me as the possible answer.

Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:03:48 AM

If you could remember anything before you was born, then after death might mean something.
But as we do not, there would be nothing after.
When death comes it is forever imo, you become a very small part of the whole universe mainly dust.

Well there were cases of kids remembering their "past lives" in detail. So that's kind of something to look into. There are a few cases on youtube about that.

How can it be forever if you're not aware of it? Time disapears there and it's completely irrelevant. I can't grasp that concept of eternal nothing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: