Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:56:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger  (Read 186291 times)
From_Enki_to_Merkur

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:06:20 PM

hi everyone....
considering to invest in QRL - i think if quantum computers are one day real and usual in our life - it has a great potential.  Expecting this can happen in middle-term future aproximately 7-15 years from now...
But i have one question -- after testnet finished - will have QRL own blockchain or will run on blockchian of other plattform Huh if it will  run on own blockchain - will QRL offer smart contracts Huh ... if it will have own blockchain and will offer smart contracts than the potential of this coin will be enormous because after quantum computers are here it will cause huge panic in all coins and tokens....
jackalyst
Copper Member

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:02:40 PM

hi everyone....
considering to invest in QRL - i think if quantum computers are one day real and usual in our life - it has a great potential.  Expecting this can happen in middle-term future aproximately 7-15 years from now...
But i have one question -- after testnet finished - will have QRL own blockchain or will run on blockchian of other plattform Huh if it will  run on own blockchain - will QRL offer smart contracts Huh ... if it will have own blockchain and will offer smart contracts than the potential of this coin will be enormous because after quantum computers are here it will cause huge panic in all coins and tokens....

Yes QRL will be on its own blockchain.

Right now QRL offers colored tokens: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Colored_Coins

In the future though, QRL is going to look into the feasibility of smart contracts after mainnet.
From_Enki_to_Merkur

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:32:22 PM

hi everyone....

In the future though, QRL is going to look into the feasibility of smart contracts after mainnet.
What does it mean Colored tokens??
jackalyst
Copper Member

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:41:34 PM

hi everyone....

What does it mean Colored tokens??

I've never found "colored coins/tokens" to be self-descriptive either. The ELI5 of colored tokens is probably best summarized in the "Use Cases" section of the Bitcoin Wiki article: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Colored_Coins#Use_Cases (except replace Bitcoin with QRL).

Issuing shares

A company can issue shares using colored coins, taking advantage of the Bitcoin infrastructure for activities such as

Trading
    Voting
    Paying dividends

Smart property

Suppose there is a car rental company. The company can release one colored coin to represent each car, and then configure the car to turn on only if it receives a message signed with the private key that currently owns the colored coin. It can then release a smartphone app that anyone can use to broadcast a message signed with their private key, and put up the colored coins on a trading platform. Anyone will be able to then purchase a colored coin, use the car for whatever period of time using the smartphone app as a "car key", and sell the coin again at their leisure.

Coupon

A company may wish to issue coupons, such as Air Miles rewards points
Community Money

A community. e.g. a town, can issue it's own Currency.

Digital collectibles

Decentralized management of digital assets. Just like art collectors buy and sell original copies of famous paintings for millions of dollars today, colored coins allow us to do the same with purely digital objects, such as songs, movies, e-books and software, as well, by storing the current ownership of the work as a colored coin on the blockchain.

Access and Subscription

Using colored coins to trade and manage access and subscription services. For example, a museum, a subway or an online service like Netflix may issue passes as colored coins and release a smartphone app that can be used to make a signature proving ownership of a pass in person, allowing these passes to be simultaneously transferable, fully digital and securely uncopyable.
Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:22:13 AM

Anyone know where I can find a more clear Roadmap to what is coming for QRL and when. The Roadmap at the homepage stops after June 2017 and then has some points it wants to do 2018-2019. I would like to see a roadmap on when the plan is to implement the steps and that the funding is there.

I really like the project but lately it has been so quiet that I don't feel comfortable investing. So if anyone cuold guide me to where I can read more please do! Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Ebenezar64

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:25:02 AM

Smart property

Suppose there is a car rental company. The company can release one colored coin to represent each car, and then configure the car to turn on only if it receives a message signed with the private key that currently owns the colored coin. It can then release a smartphone app that anyone can use to broadcast a message signed with their private key, and put up the colored coins on a trading platform. Anyone will be able to then purchase a colored coin, use the car for whatever period of time using the smartphone app as a "car key", and sell the coin again at their leisure.

How would this work in regards to insurance and liability. Who is set as owner on the car? Even though this would be a convinient way of "exchanging car keys" there is still paperwork that would need to be done in regards to ownership and liability? or would that be fixed by some sort of smart contract signing?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:40:16 AM

Anyone know where I can find a more clear Roadmap to what is coming for QRL and when. The Roadmap at the homepage stops after June 2017 and then has some points it wants to do 2018-2019. I would like to see a roadmap on when the plan is to implement the steps and that the funding is there.

I really like the project but lately it has been so quiet that I don't feel comfortable investing. So if anyone cuold guide me to where I can read more please do! Smiley

QRL roadmap has been modified recently due to issues briefly described here
https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/get-ready-for-qrl-launch-b078963d035e
They want to start with PoW in mid Q1 2018 and then hard fork to PoS in Q3 2018

wargamez

Activity: 105
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:15:58 AM

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/05/the-quantum-computing-apocalypse-is-imminent/

It looks like that the need of a quantum proof ledger is more and more imminent.

QRL is in the right tract of pursuing quantum resistance in a cryptocurrency. It will be among the first to offer security in the age of quantum computers.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:22:50 AM

Interesting, QRL in green numbers while the whole crypto market is crashing today  Grin
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:28:34 AM

QRL, the only joy today Smiley

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
JWKY

Activity: 602
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:34:22 AM

QRL coming very soon, hope get more information soon
quite special idea never seen

●⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬ Bitcoin RM(First smart fork of Bitcoin,100% Proof-of-Work) ▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫●
▬ ● ▬   Bitcoin RM is NOW LIVE, Pool mining, ECI apply now HERE   ▬ ● ▬
●⚫ ▬▬▬ Website | ANN | Discord | GitHub | Reddit | Youtube | Medium | Facebook | Twitter | Pool ▬▬▬ ⚫●
Neo Baudrillard

Activity: 84
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 11:21:14 AM

Note this date gentlemen! January 16, 2018 was the day QRL withstood a Fake News attack! This news of Chinese miners' scheduled exit was first announced on Jan. 8, was no reason for this red tide, and QRL resisted it. Besides being resistant to Quantum, it also resists fake news waves!   Grin

Ebenezar64

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:26:49 AM

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/get-ready-for-qrl-launch-b078963d035e

Thanks for the link. Looks like Main net launch is to expect soon. Maybe that will cause a pump in price. MIght be something to swing trade at least Smiley

tomkat

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:01:41 PM

Thanks for the link. Looks like Main net launch is to expect soon. Maybe that will cause a pump in price. MIght be something to swing trade at least Smiley

QRL looks very good now. We've have a pump going on for a few days already, and perhaps it's good time to buy a dip - not an advice obviously Smiley
With all alts in red, QRL is nice exception
NubleX

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:29:31 PM

yes, QRL has always showed stability when everything around it is falling. that's why i never minded HODLing for 6 months. had a nice trading morning, got myself some extra QRL, thank you dips.
Fabriz

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:59:52 PM

QRL is pumping! Next stop...to the mooonnnn
viktor782

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:04:18 PM

Tell me please what were the problems and charges with this coin before?
cryptodv

Activity: 1092

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:12:36 PM

Note this date gentlemen! January 16, 2018 was the day QRL withstood a Fake News attack! This news of Chinese miners' scheduled exit was first announced on Jan. 8, was no reason for this red tide, and QRL resisted it. Besides being resistant to Quantum, it also resists fake news waves!   Grin

Yep, $QRL has withstood a lot, from old disgruntled employees to fake news attacks. Just want to know when I'm getting my mainnet tokens.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
tomkat

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:46:34 AM

Yep, $QRL has withstood a lot, from old disgruntled employees to fake news attacks. Just want to know when I'm getting my mainnet tokens.

See here for more info

They announced opening token migration in January, and promised more details in a blog post (which is now little late)

A blog post explaining the process in detail is on the way shortly after the New year. Users who don’t migrate in time for our mainnet launch window will, of course, still have the option later to unlock their coins safely.
legion_miracle

Activity: 331
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:05:45 AM

Smart property

How would this work in regards to insurance and liability. Who is set as owner on the car? Even though this would be a convinient way of "exchanging car keys" there is still paperwork that would need to be done in regards to ownership and liability? or would that be fixed by some sort of smart contract signing?

Your insurance policy could be done via the blockchain as well, with proof of insurance stored on the blockchain, this could also be accessed via some sort of mobile app (something many insurance providers are already offering). The DMV could also store title and ownership information of the vehicle on the blockchain which could be transferred via a variety of options. For example a car dealership is selling a car, a smart contract or trust contract could be used to automatically transfer the title once all payments are made in full and the car is paid off.

1ST EVER CAR TITLE LOAN PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
SHIFT.CASH     █ █ ██████████████████████████████████████ █ █     [ JOIN NOW ]
Website       Whitepaper       Telegram       Facebook       Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: