Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:16:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137399 times)
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:13:06 PM

Founded a same price in allegro.pl and ebay.pl but hash very diffirent.Allegro 30 mh price 120 usd in ebay 1.2 mh 120 usd.If you interest to buy check me in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:24:57 PM

After back and forth email exchanges with Eastshore and Bitmain I think we have settled the issue of sending back the entire miner.  Bitmain says you can send just the board and not the whole miner.  I provided that info to Eastshore and they offered to cover the cost of the repair if I mail the board back to Bitmain.  Bitmain says the board repair cost is $35 plus shipping.  So clearly the shipping is going to cost far more than the repair.  Eastshore has offered to cover the cost of the repair.  I guess I will have to eat the cost of the shipping both ways.

So that is the latest scoop on the repair issue.  I will try to get this board in the mail tomorrow.  As always I will keep you guys posted.  I had another L3 decide to crash on me yesterday as it became quite warm here.  I didn't get to see what was happening before it went offline and started throwing a fault light.  I had to reboot, and reset the controller and then it came back online.  Cranked up the box fans to move some more air over it and just monitoring now.  So the Bitmain drama continues I guess! LOL

titanminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:04:14 PM

After back and forth email exchanges with Eastshore and Bitmain I think we have settled the issue of sending back the entire miner.  Bitmain says you can send just the board and not the whole miner.  I provided that info to Eastshore and they offered to cover the cost of the repair if I mail the board back to Bitmain.  Bitmain says the board repair cost is $35 plus shipping.  So clearly the shipping is going to cost far more than the repair.  Eastshore has offered to cover the cost of the repair.  I guess I will have to eat the cost of the shipping both ways.

So that is the latest scoop on the repair issue.  I will try to get this board in the mail tomorrow.  As always I will keep you guys posted.  I had another L3 decide to crash on me yesterday as it became quite warm here.  I didn't get to see what was happening before it went offline and started throwing a fault light.  I had to reboot, and reset the controller and then it came back online.  Cranked up the box fans to move some more air over it and just monitoring now.  So the Bitmain drama continues I guess! LOL

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience with east shore and bitmain. It ashame you have to send the whole unit back as if it was just a board, p&p would of been cheaper im guessing. I doubt I will buy form east shore.

Im strongly thinking of buying about 2.5/3 ghs worth of l3's. I've noticed they are a few sellers on alibaba. wanted to know if there is any recommended ones perhaps?
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:38:51 PM

Regarding the warranty and easthore:
Please note that eastshore acts as a reseller for Bitmain hardware. If they would allow you to disassemble (and officially void the warranty since the miners have a seal) eastshore may have problems to claim warranty against Bitmaintech.
This is different if Bitmain allows you to directly send you the board only. I do understand why they act like they do.
Rupucers

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:49:19 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience with east shore and bitmain. It ashame you have to send the whole unit back as if it was just a board, p&p would of been cheaper im guessing. I doubt I will buy form east shore.

Im strongly thinking of buying about 2.5/3 ghs worth of l3's. I've noticed they are a few sellers on alibaba. wanted to know if there is any recommended ones perhaps?

Titans or A4 might be better buy. One f*** up from Bitmain gear and you lose all gain from lower power draw.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 10:45:02 PM

I just wanted to add that both Bitmain and Eastshore have been nothing but polite, courteous, and willing to help.  Eastshore's technical department wanted the entire miner back so that they could then ship the entire miner to Bitmain.  However after providing them the info from Bitmain which stated that they did not require the entire miner Eastshore has been willing to weigh both options and decided to let me just send the board back. I think it will cost them less in the end to just reimburse me for the board repair so this makes it attractive to them as well. 

I don't want everyone to think that these companies have been bad to work with.  It is just the hassle of trying to sort all of this out and get everyone on the same page as far as the issue and the desired outcome.  So I think everyone is finally on the same page and this will help reduce some of the financial impact to me personally as I can keep the miner up and running while trying to get this defective board repaired.

Hopefully I can get this thing out in the mail tomorrow.  The Bitmain repair ticket and return process is a little convoluted.   
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:31:56 PM

Just another follow up on sending stuff back to Bitmain.   So I opened the repair ticket this morning for Bitmain.  They require you to have the shipper/tracking number for your return package to open the ticket.  Which is quite odd since you package things up before you go down to a shipper to pay your postage and get the tracking #.  So I printed out what I could and went to UPS.  I explained the situation and I was lucky to get in there before the rush because this took a little while to sort out.  Luckily the UPS store let me use their computer to login to Bitmain and process the ticket request with the tracking info while I was there.  So I didn't have to go back home with the tracking info create the ticket, print out the 2 copies, one for inside the box and one for outside of the box. 

So they saved me some time and frustration there.  So when it was all said and done the cheapest option to send 1 board back turned out to be just shy of $185!   Shocked

Thank goodness I didn't have to sent the entire miner.  I probably would have been looking at close to $400.  The bad part is Bitmain requires you to us DHL, Fedex, UPS and none of them are cheap.  This is why people use BitmainWarranty in Denver and eat the cost because when it is all said and done the shipping, the repair, and the return will end up being less than what it costs to ship back to China.  Sadly I reached out to BitmainWarranty and they don't do L3 board repair here in the US yet.  Not until those miners are sold to the US will they start to offer that service.

So now I will end up having to pay the repair and shipment back. Eastshore will reimburse me the cost of the board repair which I am told is $35.  But the shipping is killer.  Probably would have been about the same price to just order a new board at this rate.  I guess I will have to see what the total cost comes to and give that some thought about having a spare board here. 

So the board is in the mail.  I will keep you posted on how this proccess goes. 
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:02:50 PM

As long as it is delivered to door, it doesn't really matter which carrier you use.
I just shipped (and already received it back fixed) Antminer R4, the whole miner unit to warranty repair in China, using common postal service Posti (Finland).
I paid for EMS delivery.
Final step of that journey: Hongkong Post delivered my package straight to the address.
This cost me 70 EUR.

Deep In The Mines LLC

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:50:16 PM

Just another follow up on sending stuff back to Bitmain.   So I opened the repair ticket this morning for Bitmain.  They require you to have the shipper/tracking number for your return package to open the ticket.  Which is quite odd since you package things up before you go down to a shipper to pay your postage and get the tracking #.  So I printed out what I could and went to UPS.  I explained the situation and I was lucky to get in there before the rush because this took a little while to sort out.  Luckily the UPS store let me use their computer to login to Bitmain and process the ticket request with the tracking info while I was there.  So I didn't have to go back home with the tracking info create the ticket, print out the 2 copies, one for inside the box and one for outside of the box. 

So they saved me some time and frustration there.  So when it was all said and done the cheapest option to send 1 board back turned out to be just shy of $185!   Shocked

Thank goodness I didn't have to sent the entire miner.  I probably would have been looking at close to $400.  The bad part is Bitmain requires you to us DHL, Fedex, UPS and none of them are cheap.  This is why people use BitmainWarranty in Denver and eat the cost because when it is all said and done the shipping, the repair, and the return will end up being less than what it costs to ship back to China.  Sadly I reached out to BitmainWarranty and they don't do L3 board repair here in the US yet.  Not until those miners are sold to the US will they start to offer that service.

So now I will end up having to pay the repair and shipment back. Eastshore will reimburse me the cost of the board repair which I am told is $35.  But the shipping is killer.  Probably would have been about the same price to just order a new board at this rate.  I guess I will have to see what the total cost comes to and give that some thought about having a spare board here. 

I know its a little late now but if you were interested I could have helped you with a return label, our pricing would have only been $40 to send this back.

Deep In The Mines LLC Cryptocurrency miners, power supplies, breakout boards and accessories!

Authorized Biostar and Silverstone Reseller.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:44:59 PM

I know its a little late now but if you were interested I could have helped you with a return label, our pricing would have only been $40 to send this back.

I will keep that in mind, both of mine have 1 board each generating a high amount of HW errors.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:59:01 PM

That is good to know!  I may have to take you up on that offer.  Just arrived back from running errands and I have another miner now that is crashing hard and going to a fault light.  Just restarted it now. Of course when I am watching it nothing happens!  So I may need to send another miner hash board in it looks like.  Sad
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:24:51 PM

Wow, that miner was down HARD, I couldn't get it to come back up even after the reboot and reset of the controller.  I had to shut it down and take a guess at which board was causing the issue.  Again board 3.  Which is strange on this miner because board 2 is the one that throws some hardware errors.  I tried board 2 first and reset everything and no dice.  Reconnected it and went to board 3 and disconnected it and the miner came back up.  So it would appear something is going on with board 3 on this miner as well.  Even though I didn't see any hardware errors.  I may try shutting it down again and connect only board 3 and see what happens.

So I will let Eastshore know I will probably have a second board that needs to go back to Bitmain.  I will try some more testing to see if I can get a better idea of what is happening with that board.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:52:39 PM

Well the L3 with the issues crashed again hard and would not come back up.  The controller fault light stays on no matter what you do.  Resetting it, disconnecting all the boards, connecting one board at a time all end up with a fault light on.   So I experimented with the controller from another L3 and reconnected all the boards.  The miner comes up fine after swapping the controller. 

So it looks like a failed controller on the second L3.  Now to figure out what one of these costs to buy it or if I need to send this one back and have it swapped.  So more email off to Bitmain and Eastshore.  These people have got to just LOVE ME!  Sad

The good news is that I am learning a bit about these miners, but bad news is that I am learning more than I wanted to know about the miners for all the wrong reasons...  I guess it just goes with the territory.

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:54:09 PM

True, but we still dont know enough about L3's reliability. I think it takes more users and longer periods to declare this or that.
PS - which scrypt coin are you mining? Or are you renting the hash power?

I tend to disagree, I've been watching this thread carefully and between Longsnowsm's well documented problems and the feedback from DeepInTheMines (a reseller) the L3's are about as reliable as all other Bitmain miners, i.e. not very, and the customer service is about as good.

I strongly believe this is a pure trade-off brought about by their repeated use of a serial DC design. It's very efficient, but somewhat temperamental, and if you're in China and have ready access to spares (i.e. you're Bitmain or a partner) this isn't a big deal. But if you're like me and somewhere remote from China and the reseller, I think you need to think this through very carefully.

I'm in a different position to many on this forum as I started garage mining some years ago, but due to moving 12,000 miles around the world from London to a small city in New Zealand (115k), I needed to find another career with a better work/life/kids balance, so I went all in with crytpo-mining.

My A4's are in a purpose built room in a 5000 sq/ft industrial building with 100A/400V power so noise and heat are not a problem for me, but because I'm remote, reliability is paramount. I also get power for about 0.075c USD so while I'd like better efficiency, it's not a make or break decision point for me.

And let me hint again, better efficiency is coming: Inno are currently testing new A4 code with Nicehash which is going to be +20-25% more MH/s (circa 315Mh/s - on pool). https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.msg18024660#msg18024660

Each to their own needs of course, but consider all the information at hand before leaping in.

To answer your question I mine on ProHashing; they paid 167% of mining LTC exclusively on Sunday or 0.00002696 BTC/MH/s
I'm currently being paid out daily in Monero, PIVXcoin, Syscoin, and GameCredits, and hoarding like a squirrel.  Grin

Your hoarding of PIVX has seemingly paid off!  I'm mining on prohashing as well but need to rethink my coin allocation where I've been taking mainly BTC & sprinkling in some LTC and ETC.

vinylwasp

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:06:40 AM

The good news is that I am learning a bit about these miners, but bad news is that I am learning more than I wanted to know about the miners for all the wrong reasons...  I guess it just goes with the territory.

Longsnowsm, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time in the midst of all the challenges you've had to share your experiences and knowledge with the rest of us.

I was also considering selling my A4s to buy L3s, and it's probably only the tyranny of distance from a ready market for them that prevented me jumping on that train right about the time you did. I'm now pleased I didn't of course but take no pleasure in hearing about the problems you're having. After the A4 firmware debacle I'm feeling for you, and hope you manage to resolve your L3 failures in the most timely low cost manner possible.

Cheers 
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:34:30 AM

The latest update is that I have confirmed it is either a bad controller or the IO board with the down miner.  I did a swap of the controller/io board with another miner and it came back online and is hashing fine.  I did the dance with email between Bitmain and Eastshore.  I am going to send both back to Eastshore to have them swap it with Bitmain.  Eastshore has decided to let me send them just the board and not require the whole miner this time.  So I will be sending the controller/IO board directly to them and let them sort out the warranty with Bitmain.

On another note I wanted to give a shout out to Deep In The Mines here on the forum.  He has offered to help me get this board sent back to Eastshore at their discounted shipping rate.  Thank you for helping to support the community!  

vinylwasp I certainly know what you mean.  After dealing with the challenges with Inno on the A4's to jump from the frying pan into the fire with the L3's has been a tough series of battles.  At least the Inno hardware after getting flashed to B3 has been stable.  I know there are a few other issues that sound like will be addressed in software, but at least you are not worrying about failed hardware and down miners with the A4's.  Bitmain's hardware seriously is messed up at this point.  I seriously doubt there is any way I will be able to recoup the costs of the down miners, shipping, repairs etc on top of the initial investment in the L3's at this point.  It is all fun and mining profits until there is a hardware issue...    

Rupucers

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 06:56:13 AM

Thanx for posts Longsnowsm. really wish you luck getting miners fixed fast and efficiently. Now all luvers L3 will stay quiet and A4 really looks better buy.
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:21:23 PM

So i was talkin to my asian friend (came here about a year ago) and we were talking about the quality over quantity issue with the majority of products coming from china and she told me chinese companies sell even cheaper made products to their own people! She said the cheap knockoff stuff you find on ebay and other websites is considered great quality compared to the stuff people sell in random shops and on carts in markets over there. Its a big issue from what she told me :/.

I really wanted a buy a ton of these l3's to fill up a third location i plan to rent out but bitmain doesnt have them listed for sale and when they were listed they were only available to people in china directly...then i thought about what my asian lady friend said and it kinda clicked. Maybe the reason they were sold there first is because they r worried about quality and were unsure how long they will last before dying on customers and knew selling to customers in china is alot less risky than sellin to hot headed amerrrcans like me and many others interested in these machines. That made me want to hold off until the next version comes out because i have heard some bad stuff about these l3's so far and while someone did get theirs replaced (the guy posting above) others werent so lucky from what i hear. Again i dont own any l3's and was wanting a bunch of them so im going nased on hearsay not based on personal experience and this is an opinion not facts i can prove or back up...i just wanna make that clear so i dont get my dick ripped off by hardcore supporters lolol.

I run knc titans as my script/alt coin miners so of course the l3's look great to me on the outside. I dont have one to play around with and test so i cant say how reliable they are with fan speeds and temps but it would be nice to have more hands on reviews that are positive and it would be nice if they didnt have so many paid reviews of their hardware...it makes finding legit opinions very hard lol.
zombijs

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:25:17 PM

Doubtful itaht it's just bad batch for chinese. It just continues Bitmain's good traditions with S9/R4/T9 all brfeaking down like flies. Would really suggest avoding anything from Bitmain.
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:16:24 PM

Mine works fine, almost 15 days straight. Knock on wood.

_
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: