Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137401 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:38:56 AM

Status on my returned hash board is still listed as "uncollected" on the Bitmain ticket I have open.  I emailed them and they replied that everything was delayed 3 days for a national holiday.   Well unless my math is really bad we are on day 17 since they received my hash board at their Hong Kong facility...  And counting... Subtract up to 10 days to get through customs, 3 days for the holiday, and 4 days for weekends... 

So at the latest they should have my board and update the status Tuesday or Wednesday.  This entire process is a mess. 

At least with the word that Bitmain is going to be offering the L3 world wide it should mean that future board failures in the US will have the option to send to BitmainWarranty instead of dealing with this nightmare with Bitmain in China.  At this point it would have been worth it to just paid for the repair and been back in business, but that was not an option.  So with the news that the L3 is going to be offered in the US will come the option to get the boards repaired locally.   
firehawk71

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:12:10 AM

I just got 2 L3 and when I power them on the fans do not start up. I read on east shore if its not warm enough they may not run but I am afraid to chance this without another opinion.. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks

If you want to check to see if your fans are good go into the settings and turn off the auto for the fan and set it like 80%.  The fan should kick in.  Normal behavior is to hear the fan go to full speed during the power on test then fall back to a much lower speed and ramp up as the temp on the board/chips climbs. 

Some have suggested it is best to just run the L3 fan at a forced set speed due to board 3 on these miners tends to run hotter and also appears to be the board where you will likely see hardware errors.  So by turning up the fan you may be able to minimize the risk of a failed board.  That is the theory.  Hopefully this helps.

Thanks Longsnowsm! It turns out on one of mine they installed the fan guard on backwards hence putting pressure on fan hub so would not spin! Ughhh.. So tonight is my first test what have you found is the best freq to run at? One of mine is set on 425 the other 384. Looks like at least one of mine was a used unit.. I am getting a few HW errors on the one set at 425 to early on the other one I just got it running..Thanks
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:22:46 AM

I just got 2 L3 and when I power them on the fans do not start up. I read on east shore if its not warm enough they may not run but I am afraid to chance this without another opinion.. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks

If you want to check to see if your fans are good go into the settings and turn off the auto for the fan and set it like 80%.  The fan should kick in.  Normal behavior is to hear the fan go to full speed during the power on test then fall back to a much lower speed and ramp up as the temp on the board/chips climbs. 

Some have suggested it is best to just run the L3 fan at a forced set speed due to board 3 on these miners tends to run hotter and also appears to be the board where you will likely see hardware errors.  So by turning up the fan you may be able to minimize the risk of a failed board.  That is the theory.  Hopefully this helps.

Thanks Longsnowsm! It turns out on one of mine they installed the fan guard on backwards hence putting pressure on fan hub so would not spin! Ughhh.. So tonight is my first test what have you found is the best freq to run at? One of mine is set on 425 the other 384. Looks like at least one of mine was a used unit.. I am getting a few HW errors on the one set at 425 to early on the other one I just got it running..Thanks

I didn't adjust any of the frequencies on mine.  They were all set to 384 I think and I never changed any of the settings.  Just added my mining pool and let it run. 
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:21:04 AM

FYI Bitmain will officially announce L3 on worldwide site this week. Make sense why east shore pulled their latest batch. They are taking advantage of this price hike and selling the overpriced miners themselves.

assholes

And now they are sneaking out even faster ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-800W-Antminer-L3-Scrypt-Litecoin-504-Mh-s-Miner-2017-/162468397993?hash=item25d3df03a9:g:QBQAAOSwpP9Y7Gx4  Undecided

Go Litecoin!
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:02:10 AM

Here's the latest received April 11th 2017 at 9:12pm (GMT+12)
I'm guessing the price will be such that's its worth their while selling them rather than mining with them, but who knows they may ROI in 6 months, it's really anyone's guess.

Personally, I'd love to have the efficiency, but can't afford the drama. Support, shipping and customs to get them fixed from New Zealand is just too difficult and expensive.

Dear customer,
We are pleased to inform you that we are today launching the most powerful and efficient ASIC miner to mine Litecoin.
Antminer L3+ can deliver a hash rate of 504MH/s with a power-efficiency of 1.6J/MH.
There are two batches depending on your preferred time of shipping. Shipping for one batch will commence on 5th May 2017 while that for the other batch will start on 15th April 2017.
These batches will be available to purchase on this link after 11PM (Beijing time, GMT+8) on 11th April 2017.
Bitcoin and USD wire will be accepted as payment methods for both batches.
When you make order on Bitmain webpage, system automatically calculates you shipping cost to your address and product you have chosen. You will see the shipping cost and can make changes before you confirm your order.
As the stock is limited, we suggest you confirm your order by payment while stock lasts. For more information on how to place your order please see this article on our website.
We would like you to receive your shipment promptly so request you to prepare in advance for the customs’ clearance in your country to avoid delays or even unexpected costs.
Please let us know via support.bitmain.com if you have additional questions or concerns.
We wish you a very happy mining experience.
Best regards,
The Bitmain team

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:14:45 AM

Here's the latest received April 11th 2017 at 9:12pm (GMT+12)
I'm guessing the price will be such that's its worth their while selling them rather than mining with them, but who knows they may ROI in 6 months, it's really anyone's guess.

Personally, I'd love to have the efficiency, but can't afford the drama. Support, shipping and customs to get them fixed from New Zealand is just too difficult and expensive.

Dear customer,
We are pleased to inform you that we are today launching the most powerful and efficient ASIC miner to mine Litecoin.
Antminer L3+ can deliver a hash rate of 504MH/s with a power-efficiency of 1.6J/MH.
There are two batches depending on your preferred time of shipping. Shipping for one batch will commence on 5th May 2017 while that for the other batch will start on 15th April 2017.
These batches will be available to purchase on this link after 11PM (Beijing time, GMT+8) on 11th April 2017.
Bitcoin and USD wire will be accepted as payment methods for both batches.
When you make order on Bitmain webpage, system automatically calculates you shipping cost to your address and product you have chosen. You will see the shipping cost and can make changes before you confirm your order.
As the stock is limited, we suggest you confirm your order by payment while stock lasts. For more information on how to place your order please see this article on our website.
We would like you to receive your shipment promptly so request you to prepare in advance for the customs’ clearance in your country to avoid delays or even unexpected costs.
Please let us know via support.bitmain.com if you have additional questions or concerns.
We wish you a very happy mining experience.
Best regards,
The Bitmain team

This is a concern for me as well -- I want to order 2 but I may just stick with 1
youngblackgod

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:44:52 AM

they recently got back to me about my L3 order, They didnt cancel it they just pushed it back till they receive a new batch of l3's around april 25th, Since they revealed the L3+ recently they offered to ship me one for a little extra and looking at the specs i might buy two and use this free electricity while i got it.
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:39:59 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 12:32:41 PM by numnutz2009

Not to toot bitmains horn or ne thing but i read multiple news stories online about chinese asic makers tryin block segwit on litecoin and their proof was mainly that they posted up tons of new hashing power onto the network. Well now it has become clear why that has happened so hopefully at least part of the issue will go away now that users will most likely put these on pools other than antpool to mine ltc. Im not saying the same is true for bitcoin or ne other coin im just saying in this particular case the writers of those stories guessed the reason for the increase and in this case were wrong it seems.

On to the l3+ though....i hope to hell its not as expensive as folks are expecting. Sure the break even times for ltc r much shorter since prices r higher but we have seen the pump before and a crash shortly after back down to $4 per coin. There is a huge risk betting based on the current price given the history of lct and that kinda scares me a bit but replacing the titans i have been running for so long with more powerful and efficient miners so i can sell these on interest me as well. I will and often do go all in on bitcoin but ltc is more of a hobby mining opp for me and not so much of a biz so im torn here. What do you guys think the cost of one of these miners will be? I hope its not that $4800 price tag like that ebay link says lol. If it is i might just stick to my titans since they already broke even a long time ago and are well taken care of and my power is free.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:42:02 PM

After having the L3's which are relatively quiet for mining I can't imagine going to the L3+.  The power draw, heat, and noise would not work well for home mining.  If you are hosted then that might work as long as you have an attentive staff that is willing to help you when issues come up getting stuff shipped off for repairs.  Having the L3's will spoil you as a home miner as far as power and noise levels are concerned.

If I were to buy more of the L3's it would have to be the L3's, and not the L3+.  The size, power draw, and noise levels work fine for home mining.  I can just about bet that the L3+ will be as loud and painfully troublesome as an S9 and that is just not going to work for me.  Best of luck to all who jump on the L3+.  Please do post your experiences here.  It can help everyone to know what to expect.

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:52:59 PM

After having the L3's which are relatively quiet for mining I can't imagine going to the L3+.  The power draw, heat, and noise would not work well for home mining.  If you are hosted then that might work as long as you have an attentive staff that is willing to help you when issues come up getting stuff shipped off for repairs.  Having the L3's will spoil you as a home miner as far as power and noise levels are concerned.

If I were to buy more of the L3's it would have to be the L3's, and not the L3+.  The size, power draw, and noise levels work fine for home mining.  I can just about bet that the L3+ will be as loud and painfully troublesome as an S9 and that is just not going to work for me.  Best of luck to all who jump on the L3+.  Please do post your experiences here.  It can help everyone to know what to expect.

From what it looks like to me, the L3+ isn't going to be much louder if not as loud as the A4.

I'm considering replacing a couple A2's for 1 of them, maybe 2.

I know you had both and I know you had a ton of issues with your L3. The lack of support options available form Bitmain post purchase is one of the biggest reasons I stopped buying their bitcoin miners. I had issues with my A4 but Innosilicon was fairly timely in helping me resolve issues and it took them longer than I would have liked but they at least took care of me.

When I look through the threads that are frequently found detailing repair or warranty issues with Bitmain hardware, it's really concerning for me and is affecting my consideration of this L3+ -- I didn't jump on the L3 because I had just bought the A4. Now the A4 issues are almost completely resolved for me and I'm looking towards replacing some older A2's.

Noise isn't an issue for me, neither is cooling. The biggest concern I have is post purchase support if there are issues.

If you had to do it all over again, would you have sold your A4?
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 01:08:55 PM

Considering the L3 (with 3 boards) had heat issues in the middle, now they have 4 boards and 800W packed into the same space...
Im not optimistic about the heat issues.

Has anyone taken the middle board out of the L3 and just moved it outside with a separate fan to see if that works better?
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:34:04 PM

having same concerns. with L3+ you just doubled the chance of running into issues and looking at their terrible repair service i'm not convinced at the moment. I think i'll wait and see how first batch goes.

From what it looks like to me, the L3+ isn't going to be much louder if not as loud as the A4.

I'm considering replacing a couple A2's for 1 of them, maybe 2.

I know you had both and I know you had a ton of issues with your L3. The lack of support options available form Bitmain post purchase is one of the biggest reasons I stopped buying their bitcoin miners. I had issues with my A4 but Innosilicon was fairly timely in helping me resolve issues and it took them longer than I would have liked but they at least took care of me.

When I look through the threads that are frequently found detailing repair or warranty issues with Bitmain hardware, it's really concerning for me and is affecting my consideration of this L3+ -- I didn't jump on the L3 because I had just bought the A4. Now the A4 issues are almost completely resolved for me and I'm looking towards replacing some older A2's.

Noise isn't an issue for me, neither is cooling. The biggest concern I have is post purchase support if there are issues.

If you had to do it all over again, would you have sold your A4?
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 03:29:13 PM

I seriously can not wait for more companies to step up and create competition in this area.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 03:31:52 PM

the price for the l3+ was reasonable for once. i was totally shocked that they had legit prices on a new miner. not new to everyone but new to the general public.
reelen

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 03:36:51 PM

the price for the l3+ was reasonable for once. i was totally shocked that they had legit prices on a new miner. not new to everyone but new to the general public.

Very surprising yes.  Picked up 5.
tomothy

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

This seems like a very reasonable deal? Is there some hidden catch? Also, can anyone explain to me the $500 difference between buying first batch and second? It it simply because they think the difficulty will rise substantially following second batch? Just wondering. Thanks. Anyone have suggestions on hosting options? Cheesy
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2098
Merit: 1397

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 03:58:44 PM

This seems like a very reasonable deal? Is there some hidden catch? Also, can anyone explain to me the $500 difference between buying first batch and second? It it simply because they think the difficulty will rise substantially following second batch? Just wondering. Thanks. Anyone have suggestions on hosting options? Cheesy

Yes of course there is a hidden catch...I was caught of guard as well by the price (lower than the original L3 at twice the hash power?). Its obvious bitmain is prepping to dump these on the market. Scrypt hash power will tripple in the next 2-3 months.

Don't forget that they are also taking advantage of the recent price hikes to make it look like this is a super deal. Dont think that this LTC price will last forever (though I hope I'm wrong).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:15:56 PM

Where is the L3+ being offered? The only one I could find was on eBay.
Is there a english URL somewhere or do I need to read Chinese?
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:22:03 PM

Where is the L3+ being offered? The only one I could find was on eBay.
Is there a english URL somewhere or do I need to read Chinese?

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201704110606590987vD8DQtk0698  shipping may 5th  1370 USD    ( 1.124 BTC )

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
titanminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:24:14 PM

Yes of course there is a hidden catch...I was caught of guard as well by the price (lower than the original L3 at twice the hash power?). Its obvious bitmain is prepping to dump these on the market. Scrypt hash power will tripple in the next 2-3 months.

Don't forget that they are also taking advantage of the recent price hikes to make it look like this is a super deal. Dont think that this LTC price will last forever (though I hope I'm wrong).

The shipping date for April has already been sold out! don't understand why they cant just ship all of them out at the same time  Cry does anyone know what any other PSU I can use on the ant miner L3+ besides the APW3+-12-1600W?  ..  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: