Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:33:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137404 times)
addster

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:20:51 AM

Guys check this out!

DIHAO Newest Bitmain antminer L3+ 504Mh/s 800 Watts 1.6J/MH litecoin miner LTC mining machine IN STOCK asic miner scrypt

From alibaba Shenzhen Dihao Technology Co., Ltd

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DIHAO-Newest-Bitmain-antminer-L3-504M_60635381546.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.KWWJi0

$2000 Including shipping and original 1600 watt PSU power supply and including the 2.8% credit card fee for alibaba.

Use code name ----- ADDIE ----- and get it for a BARGAIN $1900 (-$100 OFF)

DELIVERY IS IN MAY 1st-15th dispatched.

let me know how you get on???

cheers.
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:42:34 AM

Also ne one worried anout noise can use legs to stand all bitmain miners using the current design and above to hole the miner vertically. I do this with every s9 i run and in one location it really helps because i can attach ducts to the one end and vent the hot air into the drop ceiling through the tile that i cut 2 duct holes into to mount the ducts with a collar on the other end so it doesnt fall through. I have lowered my temps by 10 degrees per miner and the ac unit handles keeping that room nice and cool. Just an idea...and it lowers the temps or in many cases with the autotune fw it lowers the fan speed not the temps since the lower the temps get the slower the fan speed gets but on pre autotuned miners the temps go down lol. The same should apple to these l3+'s and when mine come in i will add the legs to them and go to town. I print the legs myself so if anyone needs a leg and screw kit u can pm me if you wanna work something out.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:48:26 AM

Miracles will never cease... Bitmain FINALLY received my bad hash board at their facility.  Now to see how long before they can turn it back around and it finally gets back to me.  

Right now I am still wagering we will be at a month of down time before the board is back.  Now that doesn't help me too much because the controller/io board also went back to Bitmain through Eastshore and I am still waiting on that to be received, processed and returned by Bitmain.  So even if they get the hash board back to me I will still be down until they get the other board also repaired and returned.  

At least there is some progress to finally report.  Wink  
Guess you have to buy 2 rigs to have some spare parts laying around...
Anyone tried to "Frankenrig" any of these yet, for example, pulling middle board and using separate fan, adding a fan like the L3+, or running hooking up more than 4 boards to a controller, etc...
Would be interested in any experiences with Frankenrig tests.
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:25:15 PM

Miracles will never cease... Bitmain FINALLY received my bad hash board at their facility.  Now to see how long before they can turn it back around and it finally gets back to me.  

Right now I am still wagering we will be at a month of down time before the board is back.  Now that doesn't help me too much because the controller/io board also went back to Bitmain through Eastshore and I am still waiting on that to be received, processed and returned by Bitmain.  So even if they get the hash board back to me I will still be down until they get the other board also repaired and returned.  

Anyone tried to "Frankenrig" any of these yet, for example, pulling middle board and using separate fan, adding a fan like the L3+, or running hooking up more than 4 boards to a controller, etc...

im not sure the newer controllers have the connections needed to run more than 4 boards. i remember on the s5+ they had all of the ribon cable connections soldered to the controller even though not every one was used but with newer controllers they decided to save a few pennies and didnt add those ribon connectors so you would first have to make sure your controller has the slot for a ribon connector to be soldered in and then you have to actually get one of those connectors then you can try combining multiple miners onto 1 controller. i will say running 2 miners on a single controller will save some power especially now that there are 2 delta style fans on each miner that use almost 3a at 12v each.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:29:57 PM

I suspect that Bitmain is going to tell everyone that that the L3+ has to be sent back as a whole miner so new owners probably won't have the option that I did to just send in boards.  But if you do get to send in boards then you can cobble together working miners from your down miners.  Which is what I did.

Now on the experimenting idea I did initially play around with the board configuration once the first hash board failed and I pulled it for shipment.  That left a open slot in the miner and the increased air flow did seem to lower the temps on the chips.  They have 4 boards packed into these cubes and the 2 interior boards seem to struggle a bit.  The temps aren't outrageous like the S9, but these chips don't seem to handle the temps very well.  

I don't know if it would help reliability or not, but if the miners were only running 3 boards and you could move the middle board to the center of the cube to allow for better air flow some of these issues might be addressed.  That is pure speculation on my part however.  The bad news is that you can't buy the parts to cobbled your own together.  When my second L3 went down due to the controller or IO board issue I tried to just buy the parts, but was told there were no parts available and that they had to be sent in for repair.  If you could get your hands on the IO board/controllers then we could experiment.  It would be interesting to know how these behave if they are not crammed in on top of each other or event to possibly play with fan configurations.  Of course that may not be an option on the L3+, but for the first batch L3's it may be an option to play with different fan options.  

I also suspect the L3+ will be set to autotune like the S9 so owners won't have the option to adjust the fans and they will be screaming.  But forcing a lot of air through these may help with reliability as long as it is just a temp issue and not some other design problem.  Right now we don't know if it is a design problem or just a temps issue.  I guess we will find out soon enough with all of these new L3+'s shipping soon.
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:16:12 PM

Hello guys,

Yesterday I sent payment (BTC) to Bitmain for 2 x Antminer L3+ devices, in meantime transactions stuck. Now I see that status of my devices are: Paid/Unshipped/Expired. If order expired does Bitmain cancel such orders? It is not fair if they doing such things, because I pay on time,and we all know how BTC transactions can be slow. Anyone has similar problem, what is solution?
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:24:06 PM

Hello guys,

Yesterday I sent payment (BTC) to Bitmain for 2 x Antminer L3+ devices, in meantime transactions stuck. Now I see that status of my devices are: Paid/Unshipped/Expired. If order expired does Bitmain cancel such orders? It is not fair if they doing such things, because I pay on time,and we all know how BTC transactions can be slow. Anyone has similar problem, what is solution?

I would expect that if they do receive the BTC before any price change occurs, they will probably honor the order. However, that's just an opinion based on other vendors experience. Haven't had this happen with Bitmain yet. I did have that problem when I tried to send with 0 TXN fees, it took 2 weeks for  Baikal to receive the coin, but they went ahead and shipped when it did clear. I  won't make that mistake again though.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:56:28 PM

Hello guys,

As long as you paid on time you should be OK.  Bitmain's order system is a mess and they have never fixed it.  This is normal for their processing system to not get the payment in time and then reflect expired.  The process for payment is slow, and the process for updating the orders to paid is either manual or works very poorly.  I would say be patient and you should be OK and they usually update the order within a day.

micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:33:16 PM

Thank you for informations guys.
Wish you all prosperous LTC hunting in next period Cheesy.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:14:01 PM

Guys check this out!

DIHAO Newest Bitmain antminer L3+ 504Mh/s 800 Watts 1.6J/MH litecoin miner LTC mining machine IN STOCK asic miner scrypt

From alibaba Shenzhen Dihao Technology Co., Ltd

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DIHAO-Newest-Bitmain-antminer-L3-504M_60635381546.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.KWWJi0

$2000 Including shipping and original 1600 watt PSU power supply and including the 2.8% credit card fee for alibaba.

Use code name ----- ADDIE ----- and get it for a BARGAIN $1900 (-$100 OFF)

DELIVERY IS IN MAY 1st-15th dispatched.

let me know how you get on???

cheers.
Excellent, finally a better price than $4k... That was just too much money for me.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:26:31 PM

I hate to be the bearer of good or bad news, but Bitmain just relisted the L3+ on the site with ship dates now out in July!
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:38:59 PM

I hate to be the bearer of good or bad news, but Bitmain just relisted the L3+ on the site with ship dates now out in July!
What, I thought it was May 5th? Im still trying to put BTC together, and now it's July? What kind of garbage is that, especially since they still want the same price.
Forget that crap.
All the people who ordered when it was May 5th should be screaming for a refund... I would not accept a 2 month delay.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

What, I thought it was May 5th? Im still trying to put BTC together, and now it's July? What kind of garbage is that, especially since they still want the same price.
Forget that crap.
All the people who ordered when it was May 5th should be screaming for a refund... I would not accept a 2 month delay.

Well I think they sold out of the first 2 batches and that was where the April and the May dates came from.  If you ordered and have been confirmed paid you will get your miner shipped on the dates they posted.  However it appears they are "pre-sale" on the next batch which is July now.  So it looks like if you don't jump in and buy it now then you may not get a shot at buying them.  At least that is my read on the situation.    This is absolute BS, but it is what it is...
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:52:45 PM

Forget that crap.

Well I think they sold out of the first 2 batches and that was where the April and the May dates came from.  If you ordered and have been confirmed paid you will get your miner shipped on the dates they posted.  However it appears they are "pre-sale" on the next batch which is July now.  So it looks like if you don't jump in and buy it now then you may not get a shot at buying them.  At least that is my read on the situation.    This is absolute BS, but it is what it is...
Im pissed, because I was 0.1 BTC away from having enough money, now I have to wait another 2 months...
My A4's would have generated the 0.1 BTC in 24 hours, that 24-hour delay cost me 2 months. How can I not be upset.
I think they should just continue shipping miners between May 5th and July and not hold onto them. If they simply shipped them in the order they were bought then there would be no issue, but a 2 month delay and no break in price?
Glad for everyone who get's there miners shipped on the 5th, but for the rest of us, it really sucks. I still don't see why they can't ship any between May 5th and July, just really sucks.
Personaly, I think I will forget this miner and go to Baikal instead...
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:01:18 PM

Forget that crap.

Well I think they sold out of the first 2 batches and that was where the April and the May dates came from.  If you ordered and have been confirmed paid you will get your miner shipped on the dates they posted.  However it appears they are "pre-sale" on the next batch which is July now.  So it looks like if you don't jump in and buy it now then you may not get a shot at buying them.  At least that is my read on the situation.    This is absolute BS, but it is what it is...
Im pissed, because I was 0.1 BTC away from having enough money, now I have to wait another 2 months...
My A4's would have generated the 0.1 BTC in 24 hours, that 24-hour delay cost me 2 months. How can I not be upset.
I think they should just continue shipping miners between May 5th and July and not hold onto them. If they simply shipped them in the order they were bought then there would be no issue, but a 2 month delay and no break in price?
Glad for everyone who get's there miners shipped on the 5th, but for the rest of us, it really sucks. I still don't see why they can't ship any between May 5th and July, just really sucks.

The way Bitmain does this is in batches.  So they have orders in the pipeline to get miners built and they show up in batches.  So apparently they must have a confirmation on how many they are getting this time in advance.  Normally I don't think they even know how many they are going to get in a batch or when they will get them. 

This time it looks like they know how many they have coming and are taking pre-orders for the batch.  So if you want any of those miners in the July batch you need to order them now before they sell out.   This is an odd move on Bitmains part to presale these so far in advance. 
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:15:02 PM

Forget that crap.

The way Bitmain does this is in batches.  So they have orders in the pipeline to get miners built and they show up in batches.  So apparently they must have a confirmation on how many they are getting this time in advance.  Normally I don't think they even know how many they are going to get in a batch or when they will get them.  

This time it looks like they know how many they have coming and are taking pre-orders for the batch.  So if you want any of those miners in the July batch you need to order them now before they sell out.   This is an odd move on Bitmains part to presale these so far in advance.  

Yup, Bitmain knows they can produce X amount of miners by Y date, they take X amount of pre orders for a delivery date. Currently, they are not selling L3+ from available stock.

They sold out of April and May pre-orders and it now looks like they won't have another production run available until July.

IMO this delay in availability could be a good thing for those supporting Segwit.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:30:48 PM

I think it's best to hold off untill July to see if the economics makes sense at that time, then order them in July for July delivery.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:33:56 PM

I think it's best to hold off untill July to see if the economics makes sense at that time, then order them in July for July delivery.

Once they sell this batch for the 15th July that may be it for July.  So you will have to make that decision if it is worth the risk.  If they sell out of that batch you won't get another shot at the 15th July delivery.
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:58:48 PM

Once they sell this batch for the 15th July that may be it for July.  So you will have to make that decision if it is worth the risk.  If they sell out of that batch you won't get another shot at the 15th July delivery.

Decision like that is extra hard now, because I do think its expected to be lower prices till July...
To buy sth now for $1370 when its (maybe) going to cost much lower...? What a risk.
On the other way - the price sould remain and who dont buy now, they should buy...idk...December?

When 15th July appears it ensures myself that my order to 5th May batch was a good investment...
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:01:03 PM

The way Bitmain does this is in batches.  So they have orders in the pipeline to get miners built and they show up in batches. 

I found this to be one of the most useful discussions about hardware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etyjc1JdmFU
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: