Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137404 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:37:30 AM

Well that is too bad about Segwit.  I guess we will get a lot more drama then.  Never boring around crypto I guess.  The banker class will own cryptos if we allow the transactions to be sucked off the network.  I guess we will see soon enough as the games begin.  It is brilliant really pushing Segwit out there to the public and letting us think it was our idea, and then when that wasn't enough they had to create an "enemy" who must be fought by signaling Segwit.  I swear we are just sheep...  Roll Eyes

The price increase for the L3+ makes no sense.  With Segwit there will be less profit to the miners period.  Couple that with increase in hash rate and diff...  I am curious how sites like What To Mine will calculate profitability with transactions getting sucked off the network.

On the L3 hardware nightmare issues.  I have parts coming back from China this week.  And just as I get back home another L3 has now decided to die.  This one appears to be the controller from what I can see so far.  The miner fault light is coming on and has to be reset to get the miner back online.  It has now been reset a couple of times and looks like it is not coming back this time.  I don't see it dropping boards or anything so just as I am about to get parts back to get a miner online another one is down.  This has now reached the point of being ridiculous. 

As I understand it Lightning does a speed up of transactions and thus can scale up BTC an LTC to levels of Visa and Master Card...for a fee (very small)

however

this still has to go thru POW (miners) to verify transactions with a fee (lbit larger) thus the existing POW does not change but should be MUCH LARGER with

adoption and further folk coming into crypto due to the visa/master card speed etc....thus the PIE is much bigger...big enough for the lighting network to make

its (small) fees but large volume and bigger to make pow miner fees bigger in existing setup

win/win

Irregardless...some kinda scaling HAS TO HAPPEN on pow....we see that in the confirmation times of BTC (1 hour) and credit cards in seconds

seg witness and lighting supposedly fix this

Also if you notice this agreement the pow miners imho would NOT go along with it if lighting stole their lunch...they killed UASF to stop users from voting alone
to (their fears) someday making it a pos coin and vote out pow miners....they also got the block size in increase for WHEN if seg witness and lighting come thru
they keep their regular pow setup for backbone of the network

now before everyone slams my a*ss on this ...THIS IS A ROUGH UNDERSTANDING ON WHAT I THINK IS GOING ON

If you want to 'school' me on how wrong I am...make a new thread...tell me about it ..and you can fix my ignorance on that thread (use small words)

Just typing the above ..made my head hurt.... Sad

BUT ...so far it is the 'template' I've used NOT to freak out about seg witness etc

Last point, all in all I liked the round table for the fact they killed 'contentious' dev or miner games...they came to the table ..wanting an agreement and
they said they would follow the vote on such..this is a big deal ....imho

They took care of each camps fears (dev and pow miner) ..be it imagined or not and stuck in some safeguards

the fact that either side dev or miners can NUKE the works if they get screwed is also probably a good thing......that and money ..keeps them talking and
inovating on such stuff

NOW my dream is they can 'shoehorn' this over to the BTC camp ....I'd sure like the same efffect as on LTC of my value of BTC in $$$ going up 4x ..in that I
have 100 btc....don't ya know!!!! (sorry guys, it all comes down to me..) Smiley

anyway, again you want to start a thread to shool me on my 'flawed' viewpoint ..post a thread link and I will wander over there
this is kinda on topic here ....because miners we may get vs price we can get NOW if they ever come....

but anyway my 2 satoshi's worth

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
felix73

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:17:25 AM

https://foxminers.com/

Who's in CA? Who can check for bad people or not? Swindle to fraud

Product Features:

Hash Rate: 75 TH/s ( Bitcoin ) / 2.1 GH/s ( Litecoin ) Variation of ± 5%
    Power Consumption: 1500W ( at the wall )
    Power Efficiency: 0.02 W/GHS( Bitcoin ) , 1.43 W/MHS( Litecoin )
    Chip: 48 Dual ASIC Chips
    Chip Quality: 28nm SHA-256 & Scrypt Dual ASIC Designed By FoxMiners
    Dimensions: 438 (L) x 405 (W) x 188 (H)
    Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
    Hashing Board: 6 boards , each board installed with 8 chips
    Cooling system: Air Cooling
    Network: Ethernet
    Rated Voltage: 12V
    PSU: Included
    Weight: 16 Kg
    Warranty: 2 Years

LOL  face palm  Warranty: 2 Years
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 06:20:33 AM

Product Features:

48 chips, 0.02 W/GH/s, & 75th, could you IMAGINE? Cheesy  haha, ovbious scam is ovbious ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 06:44:53 AM

Product Features:

48 chips, 0.02 W/GH/s, & 75th, could you IMAGINE? Cheesy  haha, ovbious scam is ovbious ;p

the 2 year warranty alone says it is a scam..you don't have a warranty on a product that with even reasonable difficulty will not
pay to mine crypto the 2nd year Smiley that is just stupid ..

also such a product would be in full REVIEW mode by every major crypto magazine and site with the specs and price

naw scam city..stay away....always be cautious if you are the first to hear about something..likely not first ..just first to think so because it is a scam

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:09:04 AM

What a nice logo... it's a shame.

ciceanu

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:20:22 AM

Apparently the first batch of L3+ all shipped out and everything is on schedule from now on.

This is the email I have received this morning from Bella:

"Hello,

thanks for your question.
The order will be shipped around 5th, May, sooner or later, the first batch is all shipped out, please do not worry.
we will inform you once the order is ready to be shipped, thanks.

Best regards,
Bella"
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:42:17 AM

Product Features:

the 2 year warranty alone says it is a scam..you don't have a warranty on a product that with even reasonable difficulty will not
pay to mine crypto the 2nd year Smiley that is just stupid ..

also such a product would be in full REVIEW mode by every major crypto magazine and site with the specs and price

naw scam city..stay away....always be cautious if you are the first to hear about something..likely not first ..just first to think so because it is a scam

Also 28nm chip having much betetr efficency per watt than ShitMain
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:43:54 AM

Although they put quite a lot of work into thhis site. Even have video and some kind of 10 page paper about ship specifications. But getting free 2.5k+ money per miner, can make that up quite fast.
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:52:15 AM

Apparently the first batch of L3+ all shipped out and everything is on schedule from now on.

This is the email I have received this morning from Bella:

"Hello,

thanks for your question.
The order will be shipped around 5th, May, sooner or later, the first batch is all shipped out, please do not worry.
we will inform you once the order is ready to be shipped, thanks.

Best regards,
Bella"
Hello,
thank you for that information. In fact UPS also lists some new packages from Bitmaintech which are being prepared for shipment now (although I did not receive a shipping message from Bitmain yet).
BR
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:43:01 AM

Has anyone recieved any of the april 15th deliveries yet?

No one should have received their orders yet. Mine comes tuesday.

As for the hashrate...just remeber the huge hashrate added for the segwit blocking was my hashrate and everyone else that ordered already. That means when the miners arrive there wint be a huge spike in hashrate because it is already on the network. There will surely be spikes coming but if you take 500gig of customer owned hashrate and use it before shipping it the hashrate is still 500gig when it arrives. They have to make another however many gigs ontop of the original 500 to show another spike in the hashrate and since asics arent easily made tested and slapped into miners im hoping we have at least some time before we start seeing more huge 30%-40% spikes. This is just a guess though.

Also the bitmain customer support lady is very proffessional and mature! Not many customer support reps impress me but she did (i hope its a she since the name is "sherry" lol). Im a hard person to deal with when im annoyed and say ne thing i feel like saying (i have a perminantly missing filter) and she responded to all of my emails eventually even onles that didnt apply anymore so i gotta give them credit for that. I did however tell her that her boss fucked up and that i wont forget what he did and how he lied about doin it even when me and the community witnessed it with our own eyes and that myself and the community will remember this when considering bitmain for future purchases. Obviously she can brush this off as me being a dick and not care who says what or remembers what but if it was obvious to the folks on the outside im pretty sure it was plain as day to the folks on the inside. People keep quiet for fear of losing their jobs but alot of times a companies employees r just as outraged by the choices made by their employer they just cant be as outspoken about that. They can however forward the info to a higher up....the ceo of bitmain is the boss but hes not all powerful and all knowin. If he costs his investors money or too many problems with PR related stunts they will come down on him hard. We americans have invested alot into their miners but like other chinese miners have said "i have invested millions" and they are right in his backyard. Its not so much the americans he has to worry about...its his own people. I dont want ne thing to happen to the guy of course because im not into all that but i have known people i grew up with that have done alot more to a person or people for alot less money than "millions" lol. They went to jail for a long time and they dont care...im sure china has the same sort of folks.

In the end im just glad the situation is being resolved in the right way. I feel like the communities outrage influenced these miners in a big way. Yes they make money from segwit price boosting but i like to think the majority strong armed the minority in this case. Especially since people were posting saying "segwit will 100% never be activated" because they refused to allow it to go through. I guess our voice and opinions do matter somewhat!

I will still post info when my miners come for other peeps so they know. I ordered my power supplies and breakout boards and my cables from klondike (because hes a champ and a half at customer service!) so hopefully the psus come today. I have everything except my miners and psus. I used all of mine to setup my space heaters in my house until they sold (s7's) so i needed new ones for the time being. I hope to get 1 miner per psu with 5 pci-e cables. Each pcie cable can handle 200w easily and the 200w per board includes the 80w about for the controller and fan power so really the board uses about 180w a piece give or take. If they have an underclock feature i can always drop the speed down slightly just to bring it in the range of the psu but each one can handle 900w on 110v so it should be fine.

Sorry for the long post guys...
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:50:55 AM

Product Features:

This was posted on reddit...they paid off these bitcoin news sites that are willing to post anything you want them to as long as you pay them. The company "foxminer" was registered in the begining of april in au. Its clearly a scam. They list a lady as being the boss and any info found about her is dated and doesnt show much experience in this field of work. All in all if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. People shouldnt buy from these guys but i know someone will pay them...they just need 1 guys to pay to make the scam worth while :/.

I posted the nunbers the day this came out on reddit and the break even date at that time was about 70 days or so. I mean to claim 4x efficiency increases over the most efficient miners available in a 28nm chip seems pretty insane. I m assuming they are saying their chips are large like knc syle chips since only a handful are in each miner but still the numbers are off the charts lol...especially for a company that just got registered and has no visible experience. If they want to send me a test miner i will deff post a review for others but u cant provide hardware that doesnt exist sadly :/.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:43:18 PM

Product Features:

LOL  face palm  Warranty: 2 Years

Look at the Contact Page, *Clearly* they are in California because everyone in the USA spells Telephone as "Telefon"

https://foxminers.com/contact/

Roll Eyes

SCAM

Contact Details
Telefon:
+1 408-877-8345
+1 408-877-8362
Email:
contact@foxminers.com
press@foxminers.com
business@foxminers.com
Address:
15495 Los Gatos Boulevard, Los Gatos, CA 95032
FlensGold
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Reminds me on the yesminers scam last year. Their miners looked almost the same...and yes, they were from Germany were Telephone is spelled "Telefon" Smiley
piratek

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:36:51 PM

If you look up the address on Google Maps it looks like a strip mall.
Albortz

Activity: 420

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:53:50 PM

This is most probably a scam. I say most probably because I always have some faith in humanity but this screams 99.9% scam lol

BUT just for all non EU members here. the 2 years warranty is standard in most european countries. There is no way to undermine that time. Tho even if your product does not work after 6 month (profitability) , you still need to offer the warranty for customers.

But yeah in that case its the tech spec that scream scam

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
piratek

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

https://ohiobitcoin.com/re-foxminers/

This exchange has been interesting to follow.  I like the the lawyers phone number is the same as the company...  Cheesy
FlensGold
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:29:59 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 04:40:35 PM by FlensGold

This is most probably a scam. I say most probably because I always have some faith in humanity but this screams 99.9% scam lol

BUT just for all non EU members here. the 2 years warranty is standard in most european countries. There is no way to undermine that time. Tho even if your product does not work after 6 month (profitability) , you still need to offer the warranty for customers.

I think in EU you have some kind of limited warranty. After 6 months you have to proove that the fault existed from the beginning (what in fact ist almost impossible in most cases), but a lot of companies do offer free repairs / swap almost independent of the problem (but this is not by law).
Albortz

Activity: 420

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:46:00 PM

I think in EU you have some kind of limited warranty. After 6 months you have to proove that the fault existed from the beginning (what in fact ist almost impossible in most cases), but a lot of companies do offer free repairs / swap almost independent of the problem (but this is not by law).

This is correct the warranty is set by law for 2 years. The first 6 month is is assumed the fault existed at the time of the purchase and has to be fixed, exchanged or refunded. After that you have to proof it.

A guarantee does not have this 6 month time frame.

However, all companies are bound to have a 2 year warranty if they like or not. Tho technically we can't assume its a scam because of the warranty duration (bit main got 6 months i guess. If they were stationed in EU they would need to have 2 years as well)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Wisdomofsol

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:55:20 PM

just sent payment for one of those july 15 delivery L3's. bout to order a 100/220v step up transformer for like 60 bucks at bh photo video online store.

really hoping this beast gets here unscathed!!! all the fud kept me from ordering more than one...but at like 1.5 btc for everything i mean how could i

not. any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

I tried one of these step up converters at home when the Antminer S7 first came out. I would run it for a number of hours and eventually it would trip the 20A breaker in circuit panel. I ran the same s7's using ATX power supplies and never had one problem with breakers. Decided it might not be safe to use and gave up on it

Thanks... sorry for not responding sooner, i know im hella noob!!

Really wanna make sure i set everything up right. I believe in crypto but got burned back in life happened in 2015 and sold my gpu setup. have been buying slowly since but feel that crypto has enough exposure to where investing in it to secure the network seems better for crypto/my roi than just buying BTC to trade. Im a mechanincal engineer by trade and greater than average computer skills and electrical understanding.

I looked up the ATX Hercules 1600W....Do you think this would work? probably going to have an electrician hook up something close to the breaker box so that I can run everything.

I look forward to being a contributing member to community and hopefully will meet some interesting and knowledgeable people in the process.

Nice to meet everyone!!!
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:09:57 PM

just sent payment for one of those july 15 delivery L3's. bout to order a 100/220v step up transformer for like 60 bucks at bh photo video online store.

really hoping this beast gets here unscathed!!! all the fud kept me from ordering more than one...but at like 1.5 btc for everything i mean how could i

not. any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

I tried one of these step up converters at home when the Antminer S7 first came out. I would run it for a number of hours and eventually it would trip the 20A breaker in circuit panel. I ran the same s7's using ATX power supplies and never had one problem with breakers. Decided it might not be safe to use and gave up on it

Thanks... sorry for not responding sooner, i know im hella noob!!

Really wanna make sure i set everything up right. I believe in crypto but got burned back in life happened in 2015 and sold my gpu setup. have been buying slowly since but feel that crypto has enough exposure to where investing in it to secure the network seems better for crypto/my roi than just buying BTC to trade. Im a mechanincal engineer by trade and greater than average computer skills and electrical understanding.

I looked up the ATX Hercules 1600W....Do you think this would work? probably going to have an electrician hook up something close to the breaker box so that I can run everything.

I look forward to being a contributing member to community and hopefully will meet some interesting and knowledgeable people in the process.

Nice to meet everyone!!!

that psu will work for 1 and only 1 miner and will use every pci cable it has. chances r that psu uses 18awg cables like most do and they cant handle as much power as the 16awg cables can. even the evga g2 1300w psu uses 18awg cables.

as for the step up transformer....you will be using more power if you run the psu's connected to that if im not mistaken. they are also not recommended as a permanent solution to your 22ov needs. i run a step up converter with one of my rework stations i bought because it only runs on 200v and above....at 110v it runs at less than half capacity and wont fully heat up using 110v. since its not perminantly running the step up converter is fine for my needs but miners need to run 24/7 so a step up converter isnt the right option to go with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: