Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:26:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137399 times)
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 06:39:26 PM

just sent payment for one of those july 15 delivery L3's. bout to order a 100/220v step up transformer for like 60 bucks at bh photo video online store.

really hoping this beast gets here unscathed!!! all the fud kept me from ordering more than one...but at like 1.5 btc for everything i mean how could i

not. any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

I tried one of these step up converters at home when the Antminer S7 first came out. I would run it for a number of hours and eventually it would trip the 20A breaker in circuit panel. I ran the same s7's using ATX power supplies and never had one problem with breakers. Decided it might not be safe to use and gave up on it

Thanks... sorry for not responding sooner, i know im hella noob!!

Really wanna make sure i set everything up right. I believe in crypto but got burned back in life happened in 2015 and sold my gpu setup. have been buying slowly since but feel that crypto has enough exposure to where investing in it to secure the network seems better for crypto/my roi than just buying BTC to trade. Im a mechanincal engineer by trade and greater than average computer skills and electrical understanding.

I looked up the ATX Hercules 1600W....Do you think this would work? probably going to have an electrician hook up something close to the breaker box so that I can run everything.

I look forward to being a contributing member to community and hopefully will meet some interesting and knowledgeable people in the process.

Nice to meet everyone!!!

that psu will work for 1 and only 1 miner and will use every pci cable it has. chances r that psu uses 18awg cables like most do and they cant handle as much power as the 16awg cables can. even the evga g2 1300w psu uses 18awg cables.

as for the step up transformer....you will be using more power if you run the psu's connected to that if im not mistaken. they are also not recommended as a permanent solution to your 22ov needs. i run a step up converter with one of my rework stations i bought because it only runs on 200v and above....at 110v it runs at less than half capacity and wont fully heat up using 110v. since its not perminantly running the step up converter is fine for my needs but miners need to run 24/7 so a step up converter isnt the right option to go with.

What is the best solution for adding the right power? I am working on several rigs I estimate the power draw will be close to 6000 watts, how do I ensure I am running a proper, efficient, and safe setup?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:26:13 PM

just sent payment for one of those july 15 delivery L3's. bout to order a 100/220v step up transformer for like 60 bucks at bh photo video online store.

really hoping this beast gets here unscathed!!! all the fud kept me from ordering more than one...but at like 1.5 btc for everything i mean how could i

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

I tried one of these step up converters at home when the Antminer S7 first came out. I would run it for a number of hours and eventually it would trip the 20A breaker in circuit panel. I ran the same s7's using ATX power supplies and never had one problem with breakers. Decided it might not be safe to use and gave up on it

Really wanna make sure i set everything up right. I believe in crypto but got burned back in life happened in 2015 and sold my gpu setup. have been buying slowly since but feel that crypto has enough exposure to where investing in it to secure the network seems better for crypto/my roi than just buying BTC to trade. Im a mechanincal engineer by trade and greater than average computer skills and electrical understanding.

I looked up the ATX Hercules 1600W....Do you think this would work? probably going to have an electrician hook up something close to the breaker box so that I can run everything.

I look forward to being a contributing member to community and hopefully will meet some interesting and knowledgeable people in the process.

Nice to meet everyone!!!

that psu will work for 1 and only 1 miner and will use every pci cable it has. chances r that psu uses 18awg cables like most do and they cant handle as much power as the 16awg cables can. even the evga g2 1300w psu uses 18awg cables.

as for the step up transformer....you will be using more power if you run the psu's connected to that if im not mistaken. they are also not recommended as a permanent solution to your 22ov needs. i run a step up converter with one of my rework stations i bought because it only runs on 200v and above....at 110v it runs at less than half capacity and wont fully heat up using 110v. since its not perminantly running the step up converter is fine for my needs but miners need to run 24/7 so a step up converter isnt the right option to go with.

What is the best solution for adding the right power? I am working on several rigs I estimate the power draw will be close to 6000 watts, how do I ensure I am running a proper, efficient, and safe setup?
well lets say you have 20a breakers. that will get you about 2000w on each breakers. if the house or building came with 20a breakers your good but if the breakers before or currently are 10-15a do NOT swap them out with larger breakers because the wiring in the walls wont match what the 20a breaker needs.

if your running the 6000w at home you will have to spread the load up into multiple locations in the house. even if u have the 6000w capacity running that much in 1 room of a house is probably not going to happen. most houses are 1-2 rooms per breaker. in my house the only room with its own breaker is my bedroom which is the master bedroom. the 2 rooms next to the master are on 1 breaker. and so on. the living room has all of the wall sockets on a single 20a breaker and that handles quite a few sockets. this kind of setup is typical for most houses made in the us unless special requests were made when it was being built which isnt the case for probably 99.99% of the homes built in the US. if you ran 6000w even in the largest single room in your house those miners would over heat because its just too much power for a single room to handle.

as for psus...an atx psu works fine but since most come with 18awg cables and 18awg cables would burn up under that much load you will need to use 2 cables per board for a total of 9 cables from a single atx psu. you can use a server psu setup and use 16awg pci-e cables and that will need only 5 cables if the power draw is what bitmain claims it to be. i wont find out until tonight....they got delivered but im still at work.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 10:20:10 PM

Nice to meet everyone!!!

well lets say you have 20a breakers. that will get you about 2000w on each breakers. if the house or building came with 20a breakers your good but if the breakers before or currently are 10-15a do NOT swap them out with larger breakers because the wiring in the walls wont match what the 20a breaker needs.

if your running the 6000w at home you will have to spread the load up into multiple locations in the house. even if u have the 6000w capacity running that much in 1 room of a house is probably not going to happen. most houses are 1-2 rooms per breaker. in my house the only room with its own breaker is my bedroom which is the master bedroom. the 2 rooms next to the master are on 1 breaker. and so on. the living room has all of the wall sockets on a single 20a breaker and that handles quite a few sockets. this kind of setup is typical for most houses made in the us unless special requests were made when it was being built which isnt the case for probably 99.99% of the homes built in the US. if you ran 6000w even in the largest single room in your house those miners would over heat because its just too much power for a single room to handle.

as for psus...an atx psu works fine but since most come with 18awg cables and 18awg cables would burn up under that much load you will need to use 2 cables per board for a total of 9 cables from a single atx psu. you can use a server psu setup and use 16awg pci-e cables and that will need only 5 cables if the power draw is what bitmain claims it to be. i wont find out until tonight....they got delivered but im still at work.

What is a good price to hire an electrician to upgrade my electric so that I may run all of my miners in my garage? Thank you for all of that detailed info.

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
shadowhlohavec

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 12:36:35 AM

I can mine any scrypt coin with the l3 and l3+, am I right?

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
hinvestmentgroup

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:43:28 AM

What is a good price to hire an electrician to upgrade my electric so that I may run all of my miners in my garage? Thank you for all of that detailed info.

Not sure what a "good" price is, but thought I'd share that I paid $340 to have a 240V outlet on a 20A breaker put in.  That included the city permit.  I didn't shop around b/c I wanted to ensure it was done quickly so it was installed by the time the miner came.  I plan on running the APW3+-12-1600W,PSU.  Keep in mind, I don't really know what I'm doing.
Wisdomofsol

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:44:28 AM

Is an ATX 1600W as I mentioned in a previous post better than the option direct from Bitmain

APW3+-12-1600W,PSU : https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160905064759862LCcn24oJ0685

because apparently I also ordered one of those and it arrived today via fedex.

Im starting to regret only buying one unit, the only thing that kept me from dropping more coin was FUD i was hearing on the boards..... now they are sold out Sad

Also, how long are you guys assuming these will be profitable, assuming like $0.14 kW/h??

Thanks for taking time to respond to my posts i hope i can mine only LTC and not have to pimp my rig out cuz of low hash rate.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:00:46 AM

I can mine any scrypt coin with the l3 and l3+, am I right?

Yes, you can mine any scrypt coin with the L3 or L3+.  Seems to work fine on multicoin pools and also on Nicehash. 
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:21:40 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 03:35:41 AM by numnutz2009

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

Nice to meet everyone!!!

that all depends on them. in my area to run a 220v line that doesnt require a breaker box upgrade or any mods to the main box it will cost around $200. not including the cost of materials.

also to everyone else....

the miners hash great so far. here is the info i promised:

db sound lvls = 63
fan speed is auto but has a manual option same for the freq of the miner. im not sure how to read the temps because its not the same number at other miners....
hashrate = 500mhs
psu = 1x dps 1200fb with 5 16awg pcie cables
power usage at the wall = 913w

the most interesting thing is the file system version. it says the version is from jan 20th lol. if they really delayed the miners because of firmware issues that date would be changed because they would have had to load a new firmware version recently....not 3 months ago so this is more proof that what he said was a lie.here is an exact copy and paste of the miners front page:

Miner Type   Antminer L3+
Hostname   antMiner
Model   GNU/Linux
Hardware Version   1.0.1.1
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Fri Jan 20 18:13:55 CST 2017
BMminer Version   
Uptime   14
Load Average   0.80, 1.08, 0.72

the miner i coppied this from had to be rebooted because i changed the worker number because i entered the same one twice on 2 miners...i like 1 worker per miner so i know which is having issues if something comes up so i had to change that to the correct number. all in all so far so good with the miner. i wish they did more to cover up their lie though.....
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:31:02 AM

Hi all, any updates for the miner past v1.0.3 or whatever it was, the .3 'un...

thanks!

Sorry but what are you asking?? I didnt understand the question...
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:58:28 AM

Hi all, any updates for the miner past v1.0.3 or whatever it was, the .3 'un...

thanks!

Sorry but what are you asking?? I didnt understand the question...

>.< sorry wrong thread!
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:08:48 PM

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

Nice to meet everyone!!!

that all depends on them. in my area to run a 220v line that doesnt require a breaker box upgrade or any mods to the main box it will cost around $200. not including the cost of materials.

also to everyone else....

the miners hash great so far. here is the info i promised:

db sound lvls = 63
fan speed is auto but has a manual option same for the freq of the miner. im not sure how to read the temps because its not the same number at other miners....
hashrate = 500mhs
psu = 1x dps 1200fb with 5 16awg pcie cables
power usage at the wall = 913w

the most interesting thing is the file system version. it says the version is from jan 20th lol. if they really delayed the miners because of firmware issues that date would be changed because they would have had to load a new firmware version recently....not 3 months ago so this is more proof that what he said was a lie.here is an exact copy and paste of the miners front page:

Miner Type   Antminer L3+
Hostname   antMiner
Model   GNU/Linux
Hardware Version   1.0.1.1
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Fri Jan 20 18:13:55 CST 2017
BMminer Version   
Uptime   14
Load Average   0.80, 1.08, 0.72

the miner i coppied this from had to be rebooted because i changed the worker number because i entered the same one twice on 2 miners...i like 1 worker per miner so i know which is having issues if something comes up so i had to change that to the correct number. all in all so far so good with the miner. i wish they did more to cover up their lie though.....

Exactly there were no firmware issue. Just needed miners to try to block segwit
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:26:22 PM

Just received an email from UPS, seems my miners are stuck in Mumbai:
A mechanical failure has delayed delivery

Any others with the same problem?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:16:18 PM

If my May 15th batch says the same for Minnesota in the USA..we shall then have proof it is a plot! Smiley (couldn't resist sorry) Sad

(sorry your place sounds cool and exotic ..here..er cold and damp presently) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Did any of you notice, they have no miners at all on the page anymore?

L3+ vanished while all BTC miners are displayed as "sold out"

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:23:32 PM

T9 is available for 1140$ BTW
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:43:24 PM

T9 is available for 1140$ BTW

APW3+ now $105. Was $120 yesterday

cryptcoin_de

Activity: 269
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:48:56 AM

And again:
Antminer L3+, 504MH/s
The most powerful Litecoin miner. Shipping: 20-30 July
1299 USD
https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201704270330299161GIIoSKl067B
Congratulations to all former July buyers for about 1800 USD...
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:47:33 AM

bitmain acts weird. first they sell two batches with 1 month ROI now they troll those who bought at 1800USD
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:04:40 PM

If my May 15th batch says the same for Minnesota in the USA..we shall then have proof it is a plot! Smiley (couldn't resist sorry) Sad

(sorry your place sounds cool and exotic ..here..er cold and damp presently) Smiley

Wait...your may 5th batch shipped already?? If thats the case bitmain owes me $1800 because there is no wait that should happen...both batches shipping at the same time when the first batch cost so much more because of the earlier delivery date...and by earlier i dont mean less than a week earlier so that wouldnt be fair at all.

I will admit the miners run great. I had to underclock one of them to 350mhz because the psu fan was too loud (louder than the actual miner) and where it was running you cound hear it outside in the hallway and i didnt want people complaining that rent space in the surrounding areas but that is by choice not because of a fault with the miner. Im going to guess but i think the right numbers are the temps...if thats the case they dont run hot at all. 55 when on 350 freq and 65 at 375. That is of course the hottest board im using as the example and with all miners of this design one or 2 boards depending on the board config will be in the least ideal location for airflow. In this case only 2 boards are in the path of the fan blades the other 2 are not 100% in front of the blades so they get slightly less flow but more than enough to keep the temps reasonable mostly because of the low power consumption.

Im pleased with the performance...but im kinda maxed out on power for the summer lol. I think i need to take down 2 s9's just so i can run the last 2 l3+'s since they make more per day than my s9's do. Then i have to figure out where to put the s9's that were taken down. I dont want to but i think i have to take down my titan and get that sold off since these r more efficient than the titan i run there but idk if these will last longer than that titan will...that miner has been running like a champ with no dead dies for what fees like forever so its pretty reliable when kept at stock speeds which i dont overclock ne miners so its always at stock.

Oh that reminds me...the freq of the miner can be raised or lowered but i and others would probably agree think its best to NOT overclock them. From a hardware standpoint and a moral standpoint. Bitmain could have done what they did with the s9 and screwed us on the speed and fan control but they didnt...this is good for us in the long run because we can lower the speed down to fit summertime mining needs at home if you mine at home but if you guys abuse it and burn up miners and request warranty repairs they might not inpliment a manual setting for any of their miners in the future so lets please be responsible with the controls/advanced configs. Dont be dummies and drop fan speed while crankin up the freq. in fact fan speed control isnt really needed for this miner (i dont use it right now at least) since it ramps up and down based on the temps. When i opened the window last night to let some cool 50 degree f air into the room at home the speed of the fan dropped way down so its not like the s7 or first gen s9's where the fan was set 100% of the time and thats what it runs at. Its also not like the second and third gen s9's where it ramps up and down up and down either so its much more forgiving with speed and noise. All im sayin is be smart about the controls so we dont lose them in the future...if there is one that is.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:08:48 PM

Naw was joking. Where you live sounded cool to visit

No May 15th miner yet. 2 batches in July and price of such going down.

Toasters.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: