Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:26:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137402 times)
naron

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:36:49 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 04:29:38 PM by naron

My faulty hashboard came a week ago from repair and the whole process took 3 weeks from the time I send it and cost me $90 at all (Thank's for the help with shipping for Deep In The Mines LLC). Wink However, the next problem was appeared with my L3. For a few days I can not log in to the miner ( ip address doesn't answer ), so I can not change the settings and monitor it through my local network. I tried the power cycle of the miner and the router. I disconnected power from controller and hashboards but it didn't help. Miner still hashing but the only way to monitor it is from the pool site. I did not try hard reset because I'm afraid if it is a problem with the controller then I wont have the ability to change the default settings later. Any suggestions, if it's either software or hardware problem.
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:55:55 PM

@naron

I would say most likely The IP address of the miner has changed or is not what you think it is.
Do a ipscan of your network and find the miners ip address and then log into that.
Or log into your router and look in the device table and try to find it.

Good Luck  Smiley

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:17:21 PM

Should I be concerned?
Yesterday I received my L3+, it seemed to work stable at ~504MH/s. This morning I realized a reduced hashrate, looking at the "Miner Status" reveals, that one blade is not hashing, all ASICs were marked with X.
Luckily a reboot seemed to solve this issue, lets hope it will not happen again...

Could you show some picture ??

I am interesting to get 1.
Will do so next time, as I said the reboot solved it (until now).
Don't mind me asking, On real world, how many LTC can you mined with a 504mh/s per day?

i know this is a bit late but i mine about 9 ltc a day with 4 l3+'s and 1 5 cube titan at coinotron. the 5 cube titan is missing 1 cube because the pci-e connector blew out so im working on getting that fixed when i get some free time during the weekend. the titan is mining at 320mh/s for the time being so i would say in or about 1.5-2 ltc per day with the l3+ with variations depending on pps and what pool you use not to mention fees and so on.

i had to reboot one of the miners after running for almost 5 days....one of the boards showed all x's but that miner runs cool at 58 degrees c -62 degrees c per board so after a quick reboot everything was back to normal. i noticed before i rebooted it when the miner does this the hashrate listed on the main page is weird. for example it showed the AVG hasrate at 450mh/s (i underclock this one because of the noise like i said before) but the RT column showed 1.5xxxxx and the x's are random numbers. coinotron reported it mining at 370mh/s so maybe the board issue comes from some interface error after running for a long period of time? maybe an "auto reboot every few days" option  would be a good thing to have but so far i dont consider this "issue" much of an issue. if the temps were high i would but i think bitmain did it right this timeby spreading the hashrate over 4 boards instead of cramming a ton of chips onto 3 boards. there is a huge temp difference between the s9 and l3+ and that cant all be due to the difference in coin being mined. i honestly hope they implement this 4 board design into their future btc miners to give them a bit more room to breathe....it feels like it would reduce the number of failures others have had and that its way more forgiving temp wise since they run at such low temps to begin with.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention my l3+'s came with a beaglebone controller again....not the controller bitmain made to replace the beaglebone on the newer gen s9's. this is cool mainly because it means if you have your own full fledged beaglebone controller with a working usb and controller for the tx and power (bitmain uses bare bones beablebone blacks with no usb and other components to save money on making them) we should be able to use a wifi dongle again! right now im using tp-link external wifi ap's that need 5v power (the internal controller is the same as the one used on old avalon miners) which is a pain because i need a long usb cable and a pwer brick for the tp link controller but if you use the beaglebone with usb and a compatible wifi dongle you should be able to connect up to wifi networks just fine. I havent ever flashed a beaglebone black or backed up the image so if anyone has the bitmain firmware image (not the upgrade package but the full firmware image) i can flash one of mine an see if wifi works on it and report back. i dont suggest using wifi unless you need to and for 2 of the miners i would need to run wifi so i dont have long ethernet cables running accross the room.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:28:44 PM

I forgot to mention my l3+'s came with a beaglebone controller again....not the controller bitmain made to replace the beaglebone on the newer gen s9's. this is cool mainly because it means if you have your own full fledged beaglebone controller with a working usb and controller for the tx and power (bitmain uses bare bones beablebone blacks with no usb and other components to save money on making them) we should be able to use a wifi dongle again! right now im using tp-link external wifi ap's that need 5v power (the internal controller is the same as the one used on old avalon miners) which is a pain because i need a long usb cable and a pwer brick for the tp link controller but if you use the beaglebone with usb and a compatible wifi dongle you should be able to connect up to wifi networks just fine. I havent ever flashed a beaglebone black or backed up the image so if anyone has the bitmain firmware image (not the upgrade package but the full firmware image) i can flash one of mine an see if wifi works on it and report back. i dont suggest using wifi unless you need to and for 2 of the miners i would need to run wifi so i dont have long ethernet cables running accross the room.

That's an interesting tidbit about L3+ on Wifi, curious to know what kind of success you have.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:49:08 PM

Should I be concerned?
Yesterday I received my L3+, it seemed to work stable at ~504MH/s. This morning I realized a reduced hashrate, looking at the "Miner Status" reveals, that one blade is not hashing, all ASICs were marked with X.
Luckily a reboot seemed to solve this issue, lets hope it will not happen again...

Don't mind me asking, On real world, how many LTC can you mined with a 504mh/s per day?

i know this is a bit late but i mine about 9 ltc a day with 4 l3+'s and 1 5 cube titan at coinotron. the 5 cube titan is missing 1 cube because the pci-e connector blew out so im working on getting that fixed when i get some free time during the weekend. the titan is mining at 320mh/s for the time being so i would say in or about 1.5-2 ltc per day with the l3+ with variations depending on pps and what pool you use not to mention fees and so on.

i had to reboot one of the miners after running for almost 5 days....one of the boards showed all x's but that miner runs cool at 58 degrees c -62 degrees c per board so after a quick reboot everything was back to normal. i noticed before i rebooted it when the miner does this the hashrate listed on the main page is weird. for example it showed the AVG hasrate at 450mh/s (i underclock this one because of the noise like i said before) but the RT column showed 1.5xxxxx and the x's are random numbers. coinotron reported it mining at 370mh/s so maybe the board issue comes from some interface error after running for a long period of time? maybe an "auto reboot every few days" option  would be a good thing to have but so far i dont consider this "issue" much of an issue. if the temps were high i would but i think bitmain did it right this timeby spreading the hashrate over 4 boards instead of cramming a ton of chips onto 3 boards. there is a huge temp difference between the s9 and l3+ and that cant all be due to the difference in coin being mined. i honestly hope they implement this 4 board design into their future btc miners to give them a bit more room to breathe....it feels like it would reduce the number of failures others have had and that its way more forgiving temp wise since they run at such low temps to begin with.

EDIT:

The ability to reimage one of these controllers is the problem I have right now.  I pinged Bitmain to find out if I can remimage the card from the SD card on the board and they told me that is not supported.  So I have to send the controller back to them.  Please let me know if you know how to reimage one of these.  I suspect my controller is probably fine, but the image has somehow gotten corrupted.  Otherwise it will have to go out to Bitmain.  Let us know what you come up with. 

The Wifi thing is interesting.  I would like to know how this is done also.  Would provide a lot more flexibility in my miner placement.   Grin
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:59:41 PM

Did anyone get the L3+ rigs or is Bitmain holding on to them and not shipping?
I heard there was a batch in April, then May 10th, then July 20th.
Wondering if they are actually shipping or not.
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:47:41 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 06:43:01 PM by MachineZero

The proper questions are:

Did anyone who purchased from April batch not get a tracking number yet?
Did anyone who purchased from May 5 batch get a tracking number yet?

tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:32:10 PM

The proper questions are:

Did anyone who purchased from April batch not get a tracking number yet?
Did anyone who purchased from May 5 batch get a tracking number yet?
I'm waiting for the tracking number. May batch.
I do just have email about package picking.
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:49:05 PM

You get those mails about package picking short time after your order. It does not say anything about the shipment. I already got mine for July shipment Smiley
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:05:25 PM

To make things even more confusing it looks like there are like 3 batches in July.  I know there was a July 15th, and like 2 batches of July 20-30th ship dates.  Or something like that.  Too many July batches to keep straight.  I think we are on like batch 3 of July batches based on when they were posted on Bitmain.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:12:44 PM

But wasn't there a late April batch also, before the May 5th batch? Those should have been delivered by now.
Did anyone get one?
FlensGold
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:23:24 PM

April batch has already been delivered. I received mine last week.
youngblackgod

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:21:48 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 03:08:38 AM by youngblackgod

I purchased a l3 waaay back on april 3rd, since that got pushed back i supposedly got switched to an l3+ but other than that its still been, "ill keep you updated", may 5th has been the day of reckoning and its been slowly coming along. Im just waiting for the promise i was given that "customers who ordered l3's and got shafted get priority orders for extra l3+ orders cause i want at least one more ive been waiting so damn long.
(edit) So I bought from Eastshore and apparently they didnt get any april/may batch of L3+ or i just didnt order 100 so i got put into the july batch for an L3 i ordered beginning of april, Im out 1700$ for like a month now and will continue till july just to get shipped, buying asic is as tricky as this forum preaches about.
FlensGold
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:04:53 AM

Shipping labels for May batch have been created, I can already see my order in UPS. Most probably they will be shipped within the next 24-48h.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:08:29 AM

Shipping labels for May batch have been created, I can already see my order in UPS. Most probably they will be shipped within the next 24-48h.

Be still my heart...then of course you know if LTC pumps to $25 bucks in the next 2 days...bitmain will find a 'firmware problem' again and 'safely'
mine your unit for 4-6 weeks till corrected Smiley (prays for ltc pump AFTER unit arrives and is up) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:26:11 AM

Just bought 4 of this L3+ units, lets learn how to be a miner, i have 3 months for that  Grin

If someone knows a good link to read, thanks  Smiley
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:35:45 AM

Should I be concerned?

EDIT:

The ability to reimage one of these controllers is the problem I have right now.  I pinged Bitmain to find out if I can remimage the card from the SD card on the board and they told me that is not supported.  So I have to send the controller back to them.  Please let me know if you know how to reimage one of these.  I suspect my controller is probably fine, but the image has somehow gotten corrupted.  Otherwise it will have to go out to Bitmain.  Let us know what you come up with. 

The Wifi thing is interesting.  I would like to know how this is done also.  Would provide a lot more flexibility in my miner placement.   Grin

Wifi is a very interesting option in my opinion. Now from past experience with bitmain and their miners it seems they use the same firmware for all of their miners...they have you load the stock image and then you load the firmware package for the specific miner you run. I was also told the firmware restore option wasnt available for the l3+ but thats not 100% true lol. I remember when i used to repair cointerra miners people shipped to me...it started getting harder and harder to find the firmware downloads for that miner and links were dyin left and right so i made an image of the bbb controller card using an sd card and a program loaded that auto copies the entire flash memory chip and its partitions to the micro sd card in a nice neat little image file. It also did the same in reverse if you changed the lines of code in the config file. The same should apply to the l3+ since it uses a bbb. If i back the firmware up i can remove the bbb and replace it with one of the cointerra ones i have left over and sitting collecting dust. The cointerra bbb's r full blown cards so they have every component including the much needed usb port and controller components for tx and power. I dont suggest hooking a high power device like a usb hdd or anything like that to the bbb if you replace it because we all know bitmain designs their boards to use what is needed and not much more than that so the traces for power tend to be very tiny. Since they use the same firmware accross the board the wifi option should pop up once a compatible micro usb dongle is attached or at least thats the hope.

I placed an order for a micro sd card so i can back up the image and try it on my spare bbb's. Idk if it would work but i dont see any reason y it wouldnt. I would just like the option of having wifi again! Something that was taken for granted during the s1/3 days and seen as un reliable by many was one of the best options for these miners! I wont use it with every miner but it would reduce the clutter a bit with all the tp-link aps i have connected to miners not close enough to the switch or when my router has no available ethernet connection lol. When my card comes in i will try all of this out. If it fails i lose $10....so no biggie.
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:53:45 AM

Nothing yet for my May 5th order. I did select FedEx though.

FlensGold
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:59:43 AM

Meanwhile I also received the shipment email from Bitmaintech ("BITMAIN Order Shipped").
UPS status also changed since the packages have been picked up by them.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:21:46 PM

Just bought 4 of this L3+ units, lets learn how to be a miner, i have 3 months for that  Grin

If someone knows a good link to read, thanks  Smiley

I got 4 coming as well. We can figure it out together. Actually....I have mine setup all paid via Maxumark
on here for hosting..paid everything for the year up front...at one time he also offered hash insurance for
extra ...he replaces hash if your unit goes back on a warranty to china...I took that also. Not sure with
bitmain's reputation on such if that is still the case.

anyway contact him here ..my stuff has been there a year, been there and at his house, etc etc..

with (knc titans) at 6000mh with the L3's (4) from April 1st
and the coming L3+'s (may 5th batch)...he can set  you up if this is something you are interested in (about 7.7c kwh
if I remember right?)

So hell, I'm gonna let him set me up. If you run into problems shoot him a pm anyway or me...they essentially
are plug an play (till they are not) Smiley This is not a plug. You can probably ask me and or him questions irregardless.

What is interesting for me right now with this LTC price at $16.80 now...as far as I can figure is .....my hash is 4050 with 1000 L3's
3000mh Titans

diff is gonna go up 25%......ouch......L3+'s come in at 2000 mh...back up 33% hash.when I turn mine on..same as this month.....rest
of May 15th stuff diff hits ...down 25% again probably.....end of this month

lot of yo/yo'ing around to get to the same place I will be in 18hrs or so when diff goes up 25%

LTC baby..you need to pump to $25 to make up for my faith in bitmain and purchases of their dubious machines (bah!)

Damn, I do a lot of running about ..waving my hands around...all to end up in the same place.....sheesh

If they toss up an August batch after all this...then I will probably 'lose it' .....I mean bitmain ..just frigging mine

already..you don't have to pump them out like toasters! (frigging evil asic makers..yuk'ing it up) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: