Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:24:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
Nguyen Le Thuong

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:15:39 PM

I agree that BTC will become centralized, and at that time, BTC is same function as USD and will used for some services and fields.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
$anounimus$

Activity: 1736
Merit: 294

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:52:22 PM

it seems that I see the bitcoin is centralized seen from several points that are connected and have a very high level of crisp or security, but for the future will be created bitcoin nobody will know.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
fattyforhire

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:11:37 PM

I am fully confident that bitcoin will never become centralized, as it contradicts his idea. Its decentralization is one of the main advantages.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:49:32 PM

The bitcoin was conceived as a completely decentralized crypto currency. Therefore, any changes that affect its decentralization - is unacceptable. If it is at least partially centralized, it will not be the bitcoin that Satoshi Nakamoto wanted to see.
However, on the other hand, the decentralized bitcoin greatly affects its legalization by various states.
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:06:16 PM

I do not think that the developer the founder and the management of bitcoin will approved and like that bitcoin will be centralized , it cannot move by itself because there agency that monitor the working environment of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.I think it will remain with the originsl concepts and platform when this bitcoin and other cryptos were launched.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
adadaorlina

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:22:41 PM

If bitcoin will become centralized all of us will be benefited. Because as we see the bitcoin wallet system especially it looks very safe and the payment is very easy. Maybe bitcoin will become the center of the future because of its advantages.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:23:50 PM

I do not think that the developer the founder and the management of bitcoin will approved and like that bitcoin will be centralized , it cannot move by itself because there agency that monitor the working environment of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.I think it will remain with the originsl concepts and platform when this bitcoin and other cryptos were launched.
Honestly, you did not list the proper persons that would be the deciding factor to approve a move for bitcoins to be centralized. Although those on your lists may be influential, but they are not necessarily the people that would be able to decide the changes to bitcoins. To change the bitcoin code to be come centralize it requires a consensus either from the miners or the users and that is how the bitcoin code may allow centralization. However, it basically is a radical change which destroys the fundamental features of bitcoins which made it popular in the first place.

However, I think there is some level of centralization when it comes to using bitcoins, these would be whenever we make use of services where we deposit our bitcoins. When we do deposit them to said services, localbitcoins or paxful for example, we are subjected to centralization because we agree to their terms and conditions which destroys some features of bitcoins theoretically like anonymity and total control over our funds.
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:16:52 PM

I'm sure that forever bitcoin will be decentralized, if someday bitcoin be centralized of course will make users not interested because there will be no hope to get big profit.
DreezHoly

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:28:04 PM

Its difficult to see bitcoin being decentralized in the near future, if it does, its loses a very important aspect of cryptocurrency, It can however be possible if the governments makes it a condition of operation
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 10:46:09 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley
We all know that the governments have the ultimate goal of being able to control and manipulate Bitcoin and the entirety of the crypto system. Though this may have a glimpse of possibilty, I highly doubt that this coul be done anytime in the near future. Governments do have a lot of things up their sleeves! So they will find ways. And imposing regulations and restrictions is just the start.

As roma

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:07:54 PM

I think it is impossible, because the principle of bitcoin system is already decentralized patent. and until when bitcoin will remain a digital financial asset.

I think it is centralized with the possibility of decentralization if the centralization becomes too obvious. So Bitcoin can use original fears to reinforce what should happen. Then I want to know what you think about this, as if BTC is centered, it's likely to cause its value down, and most importantly do not violate the principles created. Unless there is a way to compete with the advantages miners like cheap electricity, ASIC results produced in the same country and many investors, I doubt anyone can beat miners chinise in mining.
mrben77

Activity: 279

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

The cryptocurrency is decentralized, therefore, suitable for the adventurous minority rather than for most people who need large centralized systems. Citizens want to work in corporations or stable institutions and know that they receive money provided with something material.
electronus

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:08:04 PM

I think that the way of cryptocurrency management can be centralized, the essence of the amount of money. If we are talking about billions of dollars, then the richest people do not have enough incentive to get together to do strange things. But if we assume that in the future there will be trillions at stake, then the reasons will appear.
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:13:35 PM

I'm sure that forever bitcoin will be decentralized, if someday bitcoin be centralized of course will make users not interested because there will be no hope to get big profit.
You are right. Moreover, the bitcoin system has been decentralized since the beginning of its creation. It will remain and will not change, anyway for what? If a decentralized system is more transparent and profitable. Is not it?

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:38:06 PM

We all know that the governments have the ultimate goal of being able to control and manipulate Bitcoin and the entirety of the crypto system. Though this may have a glimpse of possibilty, I highly doubt that this coul be done anytime in the near future. Governments do have a lot of things up their sleeves! So they will find ways. And imposing regulations and restrictions is just the start.

Yeah. One thing for sure is that there's nothing that would be impossible for governments to achieve. Given that they could give pressure against something that threatens them easily, there's nothing that could stop them from getting what they want. However, due to the decentralized nature and security of the Bitcoin ledger, it's practically impossible for any government to shutdown Bitcoin all together.

The real threat against the decentralization of Bitcoin comes from the way Bitcoin is currently mined. Since there's a single ASIC mining company which has the most dominance in BTC's network hashrate, it can do as it pleases to destroy the Bitcoin network. Therefore, I believe that the mining monopoly of Bitmain should be stopped or else Bitcoin would turn out to become more centralized each day. When Bitcoin finally acts against big miners, it will be such were it'll be one step closer to full decentralization. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:33:25 AM

maybe someday bitcoin will become in a centralized system, as we know right now bitcoin is decentralized and many of country and government is now like with this system, and maybe someday to make bitcoin is legal in many countries it will change from decentralized into centralized system

xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:43:31 AM

No doubt the bitcoin has been centralized.
The price is manipulated by the miner pool owners and whales.
More and more investors joined in and the situation has not been changed.
faithofb

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:03:16 AM

it can't be centralized the only revolution  we will see that will look like centralizing it is when its regulated by the government. ..
popoyuyun

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:14:19 AM

If it is already destiny like what else. Maybe that will happen when some currency from the country falls.
torres99

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:14:48 AM

How can bitcoin ever become centralized when its true concept and the idea it was built on is 100% decentralized? The fact that some whales control most of the supply does not make it centralized. Sooner or later, more and more people will own btc and split the supply between more and more people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: