Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
Baekhyun

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:40:20 AM

I don't think that will happen, because the initial purpose of creating bitcoin is with a decentralized system that does not allow any third party to intervene for each transaction. That's precisely where the appeal of bitcoin is, if the government wants to create a centralized system then they have to make their own coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jorge158

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 10:44:36 AM

Bitcoin was built on the decentralization technology and I think that is its hallmark. I believe that this decentralisation is the future of all transactions and bitcoin will always remain decentralized. The whole idea of Satoshi was to make all transactions decentralized.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
tantimutz

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:46:32 AM

Bitcoin will never be a decentralized digital currency because it is made decentralized. That is the reason why many people are attracted to digital currencies because they are decentralized, and yes most are due to volatility. I think it would be really devastating to see Bitcoin as a centralized digital currency and I think the volatility there will disappear too. right, Bitcoin as a decentralized currency will become a centralized digital currency because it will be the number one digital currency in the whole world .
marcitosi

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:49:53 AM

I have a suspicion that in the future bitcoin will be centralized because all that is being done to pump prices one way or another can be called centralization

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:56:02 AM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley
Most of Bitcoin users now are wishing for BTC to be centralized due to the recent frequent attacks coming from the governments, banks and renowned social media platforms. Bitcoin becoming centralized means the governments can control its transactions and enact laws to guide its trade, and with this, it will be legalized in more countries and allay all FUD in potential investors.
derekeaton

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:02:15 AM

The centralization of bitcoin would kill the meaning of its creation, because it was created decentralized and that's the whole point. If he will be controlled from one place it will be a completely different coin.
Adeforever

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:05:41 AM

I pray this should not be possible bcos if it does lot of people will run away from bitcoin simply bcos the rules that will be made will only favour some set of people which will in turn be a bad market to some
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:06:26 AM

I find that most bitcoin diggers are in China. If no measures are taken to intervene, the possibility of bitcoin will be controlled by China

China banned Bitcoin for a long time now and I don't think that will happen since BTC is banned there. There might be a lot of miners on China, but if they will not get anything from it in their country, I guess they can just sell it to usd.

Also, the supply of Bitcoin is closing to deplete that means there are a lot of Bitcoins in the circulation now than what to still mine.
nexus5chetan

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:36:36 PM

it's like going against its nature which I don't think going to happen in near future.
Lonthe

Activity: 384

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:38:56 PM

I believe that bitcoin will forever become decentralized, this is because the number of bitcoin users is spread evenly (although there is no official data), so that bitcoin is forever decentralized.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
pareshnakar

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

bitcoin is decentralized network and it is world wide and many advantages i thought within short of time bitcoin centralized in the future.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Papaczed

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:02:22 PM

Bitcoins and other crypto-currencies are private and open systems. Their ideology is that anyone can become an issuing center. Classical monetary mechanisms, on the contrary, are centralized: central banks are responsible for the issue. I believe that the philosophy of centralized systems in the near future will not go anywhere. Another thing is that these systems can switch to block-based technology for distributed data storage.

I don’t bitcoin would become decentralized sometime in the future. The government might proposed and implement a some  rules with regards with its operations but I don’t think it would be possible that  bitcoin would be under their control.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
bentong talong

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

I believe that bitcoin will forever become decentralized, this is because the number of bitcoin users is spread evenly (although there is no official data), so that bitcoin is forever decentralized.
I agree with you, I think bitcoin will be forever decentralised, it will not be centralized because it will cause too much negativity to all the bitcoin users who continuously investing.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Lambe Ndumble

Activity: 569

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:10:48 PM

In my opinion whenever bitcoin can become centralized, various media always report that the majority of owners of bitcoin are no more than 1% so they can unite to control the price of bitcoin, but of course their movements are not heard.

..........///....../////..........
Sonamziv_99

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:20:33 PM

As they are in the control of the significant bitcoin mining we can genuinely feel that later on bitcoin will wind up united and as they are in control I figure they can moreover choose the identity of every customer and can have the ability to drive a cost to any individuals who are using bitcoin .I trust that this decentralization is the eventual fate all things considered and bitcoin will dependably stay decentralized. The entire thought of Satoshi was to make all exchanges decentralized.
Zaarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:24:53 PM

I think it could happen in the far afield-off ahead. The bitcoin excruciating is concentrated by the miners. I think maybe in the difficult China will reach this because there are many bitcoin mining birds creature built in China. and this can negatively impact the bitcoin value.

dario.93

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:22:22 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley
I know that many countries and many investors will be happy about that if it will happen but I don't think the decentralized cryptocurrency will become centralised one day, this is nonsense it was developed to not to be that.
satana_igor666

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:44:17 PM

Perhaps there will be something to regulate, since it is impossible to have a currency in the country and not to influence it in any way.
hacsoi2799

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:17:03 PM

I do not worry about it, because Bitcoin is currently using a hierarchy and will be hard to change. And I do not want the bitcoin to become focused. because if that happens, bitcoin will be controlled by something or just someone.
Opera1p

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:26:53 PM

As bitcoin is very regonize now...
With time bitcoin will become centralized sometime in the future
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: