Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:22:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
Myown55

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:36:54 AM

Several Heads Of States and Governments do not need bitcoins in the country because of its decentralized nature. Bitcoin is not going to be an asset of any bank or government, not for their selfish invest.

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chichitalent

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:51:38 AM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

I think this is a real problem. Centralizing bitcoin would put all those efforts in vain. Moreover, there is no good thing about bitcoin becoming a centralized coin because this indicates that bitcoin would therefore be easily subjugated.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:58:26 AM

I hope not. Centralizing is not for cryptocurrency. I really hate Ripple because it's centralized coin. Let fiat money be centralized, not crypto!
intermezzo

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:06:03 AM

there must be a long process in this case, I believe if for altcoins, but bitcoin is something different that is only devoted to decentralization, I think this is impossible because the government also does not want it, just let bitcoin run naturally and will eventually be regarded as assets like gold, the currency system only runs in the crypto world.
Dswaggers

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:16:03 AM

To ensure some sort of centralisation never happen, the best way is still to spread the hashrate concentration to multiple new pools. I guess since there is more and more people coming into the game, and a lot more will come I think because of the price rise, actions will never have to be taken.

Blockchain, the technology underpinning it, cannot be centralized. Bitcoin in a way already is. Centralized exchanges are how 99% of people trade their cryptocurrency, and they can be forced to accept regulation or be shut down. The only way to truly and permanently decentralize Bitcoin is by setting up decentralized marketplaces…and it is already being done Smiley
Konffetka

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:53:13 PM

Yes, I think so. Bitcoin will become the central digital currency in the future. As soon as he reaches the conditions set by the government.
PIMPdev

Activity: 582
Merit: 102

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:58:16 PM

I can say for sure only that Bitcoin haters will use every single opportunity to take that step against it, but the initial core of Bitcoin, is to be centralised!

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:40:15 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley
I've thought about this before and I want to tell you that bitkin is really taking very dangerous steps towards centralization. I'm sorry to say it, but it is. I certainly understand that Chinese miners will not affect the value of bitcoin, but it is very dangerous for our community

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
amber deposit

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:34:37 PM

Despite the fact that the issue of regulation has long been the main one on the agenda, there is not yet a single system that would allow the development of legal cryptography. Basically, operations performed with bitcoin are defined in different countries in different ways, which significantly complicates market regulation.
Jyominall

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:44:25 PM

Well, maybe, because it will make it much easier for cryptocurrency to become globally accepted full-fledged substitute of money
CainCoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:48:42 AM

Because as soon as it becomes centralized it'll cease being Bitcoin, won't it? I've always thought BTC is decentralized by its nature and hierarchy. If it is, how can it be centralized, anyway? Is that possible at all?
Viperziper

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:03:00 AM

Nope. According to my understanding of Blockchain technology and Bitcoin, it's technically impossible. Am I wrong?
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:20:28 AM

If the bitcoin is going to be centralized in the future it is sure its price will not rise and fall. It's easy to manipulate and it is now available as a payment method that is actually used by bitcoin.
It's frightening if it's going to happen because the bitcoin price drops quickly and many people lose interest to use it.
Laily alie

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:24:56 AM

Right now, the centralization of bitcoin is a matter of concern to everyone, and we all know that the computing power is now more and more concentrated in a small number of people, so it is very bad for the development of the community to make the coin too concentrated.
 Lips sealed
Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:36:56 AM

Right now, the centralization of bitcoin is a matter of concern to everyone, and we all know that the computing power is now more and more concentrated in a small number of people, so it is very bad for the development of the community to make the coin too concentrated.
 Lips sealed

If it is happen that bitcoin will become centralized in the future I think this is good to all us as investors because we can surely analyze what will be the real trend of its market. Then concentration of bitcoin would be handled purely by the government and would run smoothly by lawful means of transaction. Maybe in this way it could fully helps for the development of country economic growth by means of taxable transaction in a lawful process.
CenaCena

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:14:15 PM

I'm not sure it CAN be centralized at all, but it might or it probably will be regulated since it may be beneficial for all the participants of the cryptomarket. What I fear is the scenario when a government (US, for example) will issue its own crypto-reserve-currency which will be a hybrid of BTC and USD and the BTC might lose its position up to its extinction...
Crungcrungtin

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:48:14 PM

it's already centralized, we use bitcoin for buying for payments by converting into US dollar..
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 02:49:40 PM

it will be nice if this happen at least power of bitcoin will be distributed among all people equally,  and government control will be on it and it can be traded more efficiently and frequently.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Dann hauer

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

Interesting question! Or course government can't let BTC go before take absolutely control about it but how they can centralized that - it's really interesting.
Maybe one day all countries will measure their power counting percent of bitcoin owning by country.
brutalboy

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:16:56 PM

I'm not sure it CAN be centralized at all, but it might or it probably will be regulated since it may be beneficial for all the participants of the cryptomarket. What I fear is the scenario when a government (US, for example) will issue its own crypto-reserve-currency which will be a hybrid of BTC and USD and the BTC might lose its position up to its extinction...

I agree. How can BTC be centralized if it is a part of a decentralized system? I don't understand. I can understand regulation, but I cannot imagine centralization or control over Bitcoin. It doesn't make sense to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: