Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:25:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7698 times)
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:21:13 PM

I think it's bad idea because everything you want to know about bitcoin is already avaliable for free at google. If you need your child to know about bitcoin tell just tel them.
Bitcoins to be in a topic is not bad in that case the one problem is that topic it needs a person to have a knowledge about bitcoin because for sure what would be the sense of teaching it if a person doesn't know bitcoins at all. More importantly bitcoins is a serious matter because it involves money so that it will not be merely to be teach in a school what more with the teenagers.
Hakmolan

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:26:14 PM

no because, there's no moderator Grin Grin
carlbreezy

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:29:35 PM

Yes, but on the part of computer studies. You can study it’s history, how it works, how to code blockchains, etc. You can also study its economy.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:31:42 PM

I think it's bad idea because everything you want to know about bitcoin is already avaliable for free at google. If you need your child to know about bitcoin tell just tel them.
Bitcoins to be in a topic is not bad in that case the one problem is that topic it needs a person to have a knowledge about bitcoin because for sure what would be the sense of teaching it if a person doesn't know bitcoins at all. More importantly bitcoins is a serious matter because it involves money so that it will not be merely to be teach in a school what more with the teenagers.

However, formal education about bitcoin is very important. This is a new knowledge of technological developments, so it is very important to be taught. Although all the information related to cryptocurrency can be obtained from the internet, but if there are teachers will be better.

devil jin

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:35:45 PM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
As what you have stated to be the usage of Bitcoin in terms of putting it into classroom discussion, possibly it is just fine especially if Bitcoin usage will be totally implemented to be used by all people around the world to find an essence to work on teaching Bitcoin inside the classroom vicinity. If the purpose is toward learning, possibly it will be just fine to happen as long as it will be used for educational purposes to be taught into specified individuals.

Jiddyyy

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:34:06 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?
I think we should not insert bitcoin in some classroom subj or activities it might affect the behavior as well as the mindset of the students. Their interest may get lost if they are engage in btc, they might think, why they are still studying if earning income is just easy? So I don't think it is good to twach bitcoin in schools.
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:39:52 AM

The idea was good and reasonable in a way that bitcoin will be more understandable by many more people. Bitcoin was a big scam for other people who dont know anything about bitcoin. However, for me there are more topic and subjects that should be focused by our educational system by now. We need a quality education today and if they think bitcoin will be good stuff for education then, why not? But it's up to them.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:16:22 AM

I think bitcoin should be taught. Universities should study bitcoin and teach it as a subject. This is useful for students, it suits the development of society. But it is important that we put it in the right way
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:20:26 AM

I think we should not insert bitcoin in some classroom subj or activities it might affect the behavior as well as the mindset of the students. Their interest may get lost if they are engage in btc, they might think, why they are still studying if earning income is just easy? So I don't think it is good to twach bitcoin in schools.

why not? i mean it is possible because bitcoin is still realted to math as it mainly compose of numbers and it is also a currency but only digital so therfore is possible for bitcoin to become a part in our schools and teach them as a subject in order for people to learn more about the fundamentals and deveploments on it because we all know that bitcoin is too hard to understand as it has a deep technical structures pertaining to blockchain technology and others.
rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:20:35 AM

I think you should give other knowledge about bitcoin to teach. What is bitcoin for example? How does bitcoin work? ... according to me, bitcoin is suitable for college students of economics schools
Oggy Pogi

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:21:06 AM

Based on what you have stated that is will be purposively used for academic stuffs, I think it will be just fine to teach Bitcoin inside the school though it is not really needed to be. Maybe just a minimal discussion for those topic that are related to currency like Economics, Mathematics and even Information Technology that is related to computers. It will be just fine discussing it but not to be totally focus on it the whole time of the discussion.

jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:25:55 AM

I think it's hard to put bitcoin into class. To put bitcoin into the classroom, you have to study and develop it into a subject, must have basic curriculum to teach about it. I'm not sure students are interested in this subject. I think it will not work
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:32:03 AM

I thinknit depends because if you are gonna teach bitcoins in an economics class then it is great for them to know the bitcoins and all the other cryptocurrency. But just a pure bitcoin thing not on how you are gonna hain money. Because that is out of the lesson anymore that is more on seminar not a school basis.  If you want to learn on how to do bitcoins it is just an additional thing that the teacher would add if ever that they know how to use it. But the you economist in yhe country and the future ones need no know all about the cryptocurrency not just the bitcoins.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:44:30 AM

Actually it's not bad, but it just looks too complicated and it's good if it does add a class room.. but it's enough with a knowledge in general only (the basis of it) that can be understanded without make confused. It certainly helps many people who were previously was far away from internet connections, and this will be very useful and more positively to avoid the negative things that could have been encountered if only searching on google only and lack of teached.
Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:54:51 AM

the goal in class is to teach something. if it is math, then you should teach math. if i count with apples or satoshis is not important, but the focus should be on learning math not on learning bitcoin.

That makes sense, but you'd be surprised by how literal kids can be when they're trying to learn decimals. That apple isn't one tenth of anything other than a box of ten apples. It's one apple. You don't necessarily have to explain much more about Bitcoin than what a Satoshi is, and maybe how to obtain some Bitcoin, for our purposes.

The main purpose is not really teach the decimal because it will be complicated for some people.
Other than that, i like to know people learn how to use bitcoin and how bitcoin work and not need to learn all thing include the technology.
jkinit2125

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

NTOK: Tokenize Your Talents

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:59:56 AM

Bitcoin is already been taught to some universities especially for those courses who is focused on Information Technology, Computer Science and other related Internet and Computer courses. Why? Because bitcoin has gained audience for the past years and its existence has change things in this world. Because it is a cryptocurrency, it may become an digital asset or payment sooner or later. We all know that technology itself has become innovative and developed so fast, bitcoin is and will be a part of that. It is a fact that cannot be changed. That maybe in the future will come, digital payments is possible.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:11:31 AM

I think that children should know what Bitcoin is. Learning the basics of crypto currencies in schools would be interesting and useful for everyone. Especially as we go into the era of crypto currencies.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:34:35 AM

As long as better and best learning is at stake, you could use any method since your goal is to teach while improvising things. Using bitcoin might have an impact on the students, they'll be probably get curious on it and will learn what it is and they'll get rich sooner or later haha
Louie6789

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:36:06 AM

It is a great idea that every student in school has an opportunity to learn and educate about the importance of bitcoin in our society.Bitcoin is not a bite of everyone's mouth. Because there are so many white papers are available to learn blockchain and cryptography.
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:36:32 AM

I'm also thinking of this idea too. Community really need this to happen to educate youth generation about the new technology. Crypto Currency mainly Bitcoin and Ethereum can be the future currency of the world. So need to start learning in school now.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: