Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:32:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down.  (Read 64386 times)
Villem Anton (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:46:24 AM

Hello,

Bitcoin-24 just went down after reports in the local chat of problems with the exchange engine. Reports of duplications of trades appearing, as well as trades where returns go missing completely. Someone posted this screen http://imgur.com/Sbe6OlG.

One can speculate that the site will be down and try to roll-back trades, if possible. It is not clear if bitcoins were withdrawn. Chat reports of hotwallet being empty suggest withdraws did not execute. If this was due to quick earlier withdraw of corrupted funds or unrelated is not clear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrvision

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:32:52 PM

I am a victim...

Hope they make a way to have access to funds. I really like the engine, but i think we should go with decentralized solutions for the exchange problem.

In the last minute i sold everything and cancel all orders...
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:45:24 PM

Any news when this will be fixed. Where can I get more information. Their twitter account does not say anything.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Darkcrow

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:47:08 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 02:36:16 PM by Darkcrow

Strange my Mobil Phone App is still working.
Seems like the Api is still online.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:50:21 PM

Strange my Handy App is still working.

Protip: Don't use the word "handy"  Wink No one outside of Germany understands that. It's a German-Denglish-Invention. The rest of the world says (smart) phone, cell or mobile.
simplydt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 12:53:13 PM

There is a mobile app? Where did you get it from?
simplydt

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 12:59:46 PM

There is a mobile app? Where did you get it from?

Ok, I saw an unofficial one in the market. Seems crazy to uninstall an unoffical app though :/
#
BTCBUDDY1

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:00:08 PM

ha ha hah

handy

you like to wank your app!

I'm back.
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:53:52 PM

I would HIGHLY appreciate a statement of Simon whats happened and what he's gonna to solve the probs since i have a few k€ in i can't access or withdraw and i'm really nervous about the lack of information!

My personal deadline for this is 6.30pm CET, after this i'm gonna file a charge of fraudulent conversion / computer fraud direct to the district attorneys office, including:

- taking him into custody 'cause of danger of suppression of evidence and/or danger of absconding since he has his pockets full of(our!!) money.
- freezing all bankaccounts he has access to
- seizure order of ALL his IT-equipment

This means we won't get our money back fast, but he can't get easy away with it, too! And spending a weekend in custody doesn't sound funny to me!

Und nochmal in deutsch:

Ich erwarte ein Statement bis 18.30 was passiert ist, wie das Problem gefixt wird, wann wieder Zugang zu unseren Account besteht! Ansonsten geht um 18.35 ein Fax an die zuständige Staatsanwaltschaft Bremen, Abteilung 3, raus.

- Anzeige wegen gewerbsmässiger(!!!) Unterschlagung/Untreue/Computerbetrug sowie aller anderen in Frage kommenden Straftatbestände!
- Beantragung eines SOFORT vollstreckbaren Haftbefehls wegen Flucht- und Verdunkelungsgefahr, Geld genug hat er ja zur Verfügung!
- Sperrung aller bekannten Kontoverbindungen
- Beschlagnahme des gesamten IT-Equipments

Ich hab gehört, ein Wochenende in U-Haft ist nicht so dolle....
bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:00:50 PM

I would HIGHLY appreciate a statement of Simon whats happened and what he's gonna to solve the probs since i have a few k€ in i can't access or withdraw and i'm really nervous about the lack of information!

My personal deadline for this is 6.30pm CET, after this i'm gonna file a charge of fraudulent conversion / computer fraud direct to the district attorneys office, including:

- taking him into custody 'cause of danger of suppression of evidence and/or danger of absconding since he has his pockets full of(our!!) money.
- freezing all bankaccounts he has access to
- seizure order of ALL his IT-equipment

This means we won't get our money back fast, but he can't get easy away with it, too! And spending a weekend in custody doesn't sound funny to me!

Und nochmal in deutsch:

Ich erwarte ein Statement bis 18.30 was passiert ist, wie das Problem gefixt wird, wann wieder Zugang zu unseren Account besteht! Ansonsten geht um 18.35 ein Fax an die zuständige Staatsanwaltschaft Bremen, Abteilung 3, raus.

- Anzeige wegen gewerbsmässiger(!!!) Unterschlagung/Untreue/Computerbetrug sowie aller anderen in Frage kommenden Straftatbestände!
- Beantragung eines SOFORT vollstreckbaren Haftbefehls wegen Flucht- und Verdunkelungsgefahr, Geld genug hat er ja zur Verfügung!
- Sperrung aller bekannten Kontoverbindungen
- Beschlagnahme des gesamten IT-Equipments

Ich hab gehört, ein Wochenende in U-Haft ist nicht so dolle....

Dude, don't do that, it's only gonna make matters worse and delay the time it takes for everyone to get access back.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:01:59 PM

Dude, don't do that, it's only gonna make matters worse and delay the time it takes for everyone to get access back.

Yeah, dude, please be nice to the scammers, otherwise they might run away with the money.
BTCBUDDY1

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:02:34 PM

ha ha hah

handy

you like to wank your app!

god fucking dammmit. This is not me. I have been hacked, any activity that has been logged in the past 8 hoursis a hacker. they asked multiple members for 10+ btc loans because funds were "tied up" in gox. I never have or will use gox.

I'm back.
danicellero

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:03:46 PM

When wil we know more about this? I had euros and BTC in there...
bootlace

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:13:50 PM

Yeah, dude, please be nice to the scammers, otherwise they might run away with the money.

You have any proof he is a scammer? I'm also concerned as I have money and transfers heading there..

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

What is better, few days or weeks delay in getting your funds back or never get them back, huh? Will you compensate me for the loss? If yes, i might change my mind!

About 2.5hrs from now to write a few lines WHY he is offline, WHAT he is doing to fix it, WHEN we will be able to withdraw our money/BTC should be long enough so we all see he is caring about it. And if he ran away with our deposits, he better pray police finds him faster than the guys i'm gonna hire!

Not to mention i'm VERY pissed after Gox fucked it all up, i'm gonna loose some more money to a >probably< scammer! 
mrvision

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:19:39 PM

Two hours ago i managed myself to get into my account thanks a cached version. I cancelled all my orders @~43€/bitcoin and sold all my bitcoins @80€ in order to stay in €....

After that, and chatting a little with the people still connected, i got kicked from the site.

Now i have managed another way to enter into my account, and i see again my bitcoins... so it seems to me that the guy is doing the roll-back thing.

Hot wallet is not sending bitcoins... so i have risen my optimistic view from 2% to 34%... at least he seems to be doing something.
bootlace

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:35:09 PM

Two hours ago i managed myself to get into my account thanks a cached version. I cancelled all my orders @~43€/bitcoin and sold all my bitcoins @80€ in order to stay in €....

After that, and chatting a little with the people still connected, i got kicked from the site.

Now i have managed another way to enter into my account, and i see again my bitcoins... so it seems to me that the guy is doing the roll-back thing.

Hot wallet is not sending bitcoins... so i have risen my optimistic view from 2% to 34%... at least he seems to be doing something.

How far you think he's going to roll back? What about the people who had extra coins and cashed out already?

TomRado

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:42:34 PM

How far you think he's going to roll back? What about the people who had extra coins and cashed out already?

Seem like the hot wallet was empty and there are still around 15K coins on the cold wallets:

https://blockchain.info/de/address/1GcWYgqbdtzZAGsX2iSVBS74cPBiQjCiRg
https://blockchain.info/de/address/1AnixjBYxpTzAmfSa8kRdBiUaSGV2e9d26

so maybe it's not so bad as it seems. The fiat should be on the bank still.
mrvision

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:55:01 PM

He had -at least- 2 wallets in order to prevent attackers to cash out all his bitcoins. When you try to cash out from the system he asks you for a code, so you have to go to your email and confirm you are using your account. Step two the system enqueues the transaction to be processed, and then when the hot wallet is filled, the system sends the transaction.

I suppose that yes, some people would have been able to cash out some funds. But not so many as you might think, as the hot wallet was empty and now stopped.

We'll see...
mrvision

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:57:46 PM

he should rollback orders untill the balance matches with what he's got. And honestly, the site might lose some reputation but i'd preffer if the loses are splitted between everybody.

If he closes the site and attends reclamations, the process can last forever and the price of bitcoin might be compromised, also it might appear on the news.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: