Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down.  (Read 64375 times)
EdsWow1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:49:19 PM

Hmm very strange. Why did the Polish authority close my account? Also, I don't remember having an account in Poland.

Grin

( i guess he copied & paste some mail he got from some partner in poland )

Donations (btc): 1GPKvRoY8HopqGgTLAFfJxhtTRYp89Yauj ♥♥♥ THX - Muchas Gracias - Dankeschön - Merci - Cпacибo! - धन्यवाद! - شكرا - 谢谢 ♥♥♥

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smtp

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:55:04 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:05:32 PM by smtp

Hmm very strange. Why did the Polish authority close my account? Also, I don't remember having an account in Poland.

Grin Grin Grin
Man :-/ ...

0) I will not tell you why this message/informations did appear on his web-site NOW in spite I have a very good guess ....

1) I know Simon, he is no native english speaker/writer (like me) and probably he types these sentences in a hurry, at least in high time-pressure.

3. The Polish authority closed your Bank account in Poland.
2) Ever heard of typos? For me, the y in the word "your" is one and then the sentence (with my background infos and deleting this "y") makes perfect sense!

A friendly pointer to these nervous guys: calm down, this would be better for everybody. Smiley
smtp
bitbadger

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:55:57 PM

Referring to Amitabhs previous post i'm gonna delay my step for a few hours. Amitabh: This paper will be send to the district attorneys office (german "Staatsanwaltschaft") and includes all what i said few hrs ago:

- filing a charge of fraudulent conversion / computer fraud, including:
- taking him into custody 'cause of danger of suppression of evidence(manipulating the database or deleting it) and/or danger of absconding since he has his pockets full of(our!!) money.
- freezing all bankaccounts he has access to
- seizure order of ALL his IT-equipment so authorities can examine it
- sequestration of cars or other valuable stuff to cover the losses...he might drive around in a ferrari, who knows?!

Beutelschneider, I think this really would not help the situation right now. If he was to be in police custody then he can't work on solving the problem. Patience is necessary at this stage.

If there was any technical problem, then it was sensible to take the server offline for the moment. That is in the best interests of everyone trading on the exchange.

Please be patient and give the exchange and the person running it a chance to solve the problem first.

I hope all works out well.

tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:57:59 PM

Simon knew about this bug since at least 11 days, since then there is a youtube video telling about it. Also several user messaged him that problem. He didnt solve it, in fact, it got worse. Me and a friend got a high 5 figure sum locked in withdrawal right now. I think the actions Beutelschneider takes are good and just take care of our funds.
simplydt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 05:58:39 PM

I'm feeling more confident about this now. I was thinking for a while what he could mean by declarations and then realised he means his database transactions.

I am pretty sure before he pays out ALL bitcoins with a cronjob, he checks that the balances match up and it makes sense. If not, the site probably goes down automatically and notifies him. So its just a matter of time when his database back up will rectify to the latest consistent state and meanwhile he is probably fixing the bug that caused all this.

Fingers crossed!
ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:00:07 PM

got a couple of grand in withdrawals, I hope he publishes a statement and sorts it out

BlockChain Capital
Ruzihm

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:09:41 PM

Funny, but it surely was a typo, and they meant "our" instead of "your".
simplydt

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:25:50 PM

Thanks for all that Smiley
wilfried

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

ManualMiner

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:35:27 PM

Seems like the next big pile of shit is gonna hit the fan in 20 minutes

Edited names, domains and sums, but be sure they are on the original. Might edit few words tho. And there are attorneys and judges on stand-by duty this weekend...

And btw, if someone will give Simon a call, look up his number at www.hotfrog.de/Firmen/Simon-Hausdorf-Webdesign

you are an a*****e
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:40:56 PM

The site has been down for less than a day and you are already considering police action against the owner?

That's really really scary. If this type of thing starts to come up a lot, you can say goodbye to anyone personally trying to provide a service to the bitcoin community ever again.

Yes i'm certainly considering action against him, due to the lack of information at all! Sometimes you need to announce drastic steps to get a reaction. Even ShitGox gave a statement what went wrong. And get the facts together:

- Running a Ltd. when there is a similar form of business in germany, too. Its called "Unternehmergesellschaft, haftungsbeschränkt" you can start with €100 for example.
- Lot of people pissed and spamming the chat 'cause they are waiting for few weeks to get their money out of BTC24 or account funded with sent money.
- According to few pics i found, looked like he runs several (at least 5 or 6, maybe more) 5GH/s Bitforce miners. All of you are able to calculate...
- Huge crash that has happened, panic everywhere
- Never seen him in chat or must have missed him. Normally i'd show up and answer questions, talk to my clients few times a day for 10 minutes or so. Let them feel you are there even if not visible!
- People waiting one or two weeks to get their mails answered. If i can't cope with that workload, i have to hire people for that!
- Phone number i've found isn't active
- Lots of moniez that could be sent to the caymans on a keystroke and spent for coke and whores  Tongue
- A lot more reasons i'm too lazy to tell..

And now ask yourself, how would you pull a really profitable scam?

1 - Build up trust, process all orders correct
2 - Grow, receive more trust (and more money/BTC) to work with, still process all correct
3 - Repeat step 2
4 - See the price rise, sell your mined BTC on other xchanges, make profit
5 - Make profit from the spread when ppl trade on your platform like every FOREX dealer does
6 - Upgrade and improve your service with the profit you made so clients think you're caring and resposible, think before you act!
7 - If you're a good guy, go back to step 2  Wink

now we have 2 ways:
- Decide to work with coins you got from your clients. Buy cheap and sell high or sell BTC when high and buy cheap back. If you have losses, cover them with the miners you're running
- As reaction to the crash, sell BTC(regardless of whether your customers or your own) on various xchanges, making a million € or two...and run

I think most of you never ran their own business, dealing with all sorts of idiots out there, ppl not willing to pay their invoices and so on. Sometimes you have to draw a line!

And according to the "greed&fear - fear&greed" comment, i'm mining for about 2yrs on BTCguild and i really love how its run! And at some point, i want some of my investment back even if i don't need to pay for power!

As there is a statement now, nothing will follow at this point. I hope i won't be disappointed in th near future!

xylop

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:51:23 PM

So the trading engine froze at the same time as authorities froze his bank account? hmmm...
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:55:19 PM

So the trading engine froze at the same time as authorities froze his bank account? hmmm...

Yeah, sounds fishy to me too. No mention of the bug either though I clearly witnessed it and I had a few 1000 euro extra balance that I shouldnt have had. Which means someone else or btc-24 is missing that. Last time I checked they werent a central bank.
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:05:52 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 07:16:45 PM by Beutelschneider

And btw, if someone will give Simon a call, look up his number at www.hotfrog.de/Firmen/Simon-Hausdorf-Webdesign

you are an a*****e
[/quote]

Be sure i checked that number before, i don't wanna have hundreds of ppl calling him, keeping him away from work if he tries to fix the engine  Wink .

And yeah, sometimes you have to be an asshole. You have to say "NO STEP FURTHER" sometimes and defend your point of view in the first, even if it might piss off people. But you always have to be open for other arguments, discuss them, think your position over, move a bit when the opposite moves, too. In the end you have a solution were all keep up appearances.

Since i have a few thousand € in there, i can be your worst nightmare if you don't treat me well!  

EDIT:

There are several video-broadcasting sites like justin.tv or livestream.com. If simon would broadcast an explanation it would restore a lot of faith! No matter if he's not that good with english, many german ppl would understand and give him credit if it makes sense what he says!

EDIT2:

I get back to the PMs ASAP, need some food now Cheesy

bitbadger

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:08:22 PM

This isn't the first time Bitcoin-24 has gone down.  All the exchanges seem to also have problems recently, even (especially) Mt Gox.

So far I can't see that there's any evidence that anything fraudulent is going on from the side of Bitcoin-24.  Far as I can see the person running the exchange is not a crook.

The only reason they would take the server offline temporarily is if there are technical issues. Which apparently there are.

So we can only wait until these problems are solved. There's nothing Staatsanwaltschaft or police or anyone else can do to help at this point, the person running the exchange has to deal with it.

The fact is all these Bitcoin exchanges are badly operated right now, there are technical problems all over the place.  Poor communication not least is one of the problems. The whole set up is not very professional.

By the way, I also have Euro and Bitcoins deposited with Bitcoin-24.
Apocalyptic

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:10:13 PM

Yeah, sounds fishy to me too. No mention of the bug either though I clearly witnessed it and I had a few 1000 euro extra balance that I shouldnt have had. Which means someone else or btc-24 is missing that. Last time I checked they werent a central bank.

I also find it pretty fishy. There is something he's not telling us...
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:11:56 PM

you are an a*****e

Be sure i checked that number before, i don't wanna have hundreds of ppl calling him, keeping him away from work if he tries to fix the engine  Wink .

And yeah, sometimes you have to be an asshole. You have to say "NO STEP FURTHER" sometimes and defend your point of view in the first, even if it might piss off people. But you always have to be open for other arguments, discuss them, think your position over, move a bit when the opposite moves, too. In the end you have a solution were all keep up appearances.

Since i have a few thousand € in there, i can be your worst nightmare if you don't treat me well!  

I am still undecided what the shutdown means, but you sir should have lost this money in the recent crash.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:12:20 PM

Trading engine crashing is understandable. But why were the bank accounts frozen. More details needed.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
hplus

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:12:51 PM

i don't think so because he changed the bank account in his website (from the polish account to his personal account) 2-3 days ago.
While the website went down at around 12:00 GMT today
bitbadger

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:17:05 PM

I also find it pretty fishy. There is something he's not telling us...

maybe I shouldnt think out loud... but the statement on the website about the lawyers and the bank account makes me wonder...

bitcoin price crash.. the Polish bank account gets shut. Now using account (private? in own name, not business name?  in Germany...  Shock publicity about the crash leading to action by the banks to forbid transfers to/from bitcoin operators...

xylop

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:18:27 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 07:52:37 PM by xylop

you are an a*****e

I am still undecided what the shutdown means, but you sir should have lost this money in the recent crash.

WTF do you mean by that ? Should have lost??? That doesn't mean anything.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: