Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should a PASCAL COIN clone be launched ?
YES - 58 (71.6%)
NO - 23 (28.4%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PASL]-[PASCAL Lite]-[The Future is Almost Here]  (Read 164849 times)
PanneKopp

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

aka ...

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:10:23 AM

Before we start the crowdfunding for the Crytopia listing, I want to get the code fixed first. Because even though nobody time cheats anymore people are still constantly mad and somebody is flooding the Payload messages during transactions with hate and threats.

Sometime this week when I have some free time i'll update our wallet to the latest 1.5.1 version.

After that I will get in touch will Albert and come up with a solution to get the time-drift issue fixed once and for all.

... sorry Dude - you are just a copy-cat and no coder - but who ever likes this kind of coin ^^

Tongue

... please make an educated guess !
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:12:41 AM

Before we start the crowdfunding for the Crytopia listing, I want to get the code fixed first. Because even though nobody time cheats anymore people are still constantly mad and somebody is flooding the Payload messages during transactions with hate and threats.

Sometime this week when I have some free time i'll update our wallet to the latest 1.5.1 version.

After that I will get in touch will Albert and come up with a solution to get the time-drift issue fixed once and for all.

... sorry Dude - you are just a copy-cat and no coder - but who ever likes this kind of coin ^^

Tongue

Ok thank you so much for your input.

code_honesty

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:27:47 AM

Tongue

Shhh. STFU if you have nothing good to say.

Some of us may help on this. I just hate when there is visible timestamp altering but adaseb is denying it. run a miner and compare the timestamp of the nonces you find and compare it to the timestamp of the published blocks. observe.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:40:54 AM

Tongue

you must be new here if you really believe that investors care about any project here, it's all about pumping and dumping to get as many btc as possible
xiphon

Activity: 254
Merit: 121

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 10:44:29 AM

adaseb:
Enable "issues" feature on github repository (done via "repository settings").

To all:
Guys, instead of spamming blockchain, please, create issues on github. It is more appropriate place where we all can discuss technical details, features and fixes.
This forum is a way uncomfortable to talk about code.

Fairpool https://fairpool.xyz mining pool - Realtime stats, Profit calculation, Instant payouts
LOKI mining pool: https://loki.fairpool.xyz RYO mining pool: https://ryo.fairpool.xyz
XHV Haven mining pool: https://xhv.fairpool.xyz PURK mining pool: https://purk.fairpool.xyz
ETC mining pool: https://etc.fairpool.xyz PGC mining pool: https://pgc.fairpool.xyz
ETP mining pool: https://etp.fairpool.xyz AKA mining pool: https://aka.fairpool.xyz
PASL mining pool: https://pasl.fairpool.xyz NUKO mining pool: https://nuko.fairpool.xyz
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:57:38 AM

Tongue

Some of us may help on this. I just hate when there is visible timestamp altering but adaseb is denying it. run a miner and compare the timestamp of the nonces you find and compare it to the timestamp of the published blocks. observe.

I looked at the code you posted above, however how do I call the nodes every 5000ms to get the nodecall.timestamp.

I enabled the "issues" on my Github.

https://github.com/adaseb/PascalLite

If you guys help me fix the code I can have the new wallet published faster.

code_honesty

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:44:46 AM

Tongue

I looked at the code you posted above, however how do I call the nodes every 5000ms to get the nodecall.timestamp.

I want to propose a lockdown on cheaters account number like how a bank does. we'll close and he cant touch it forever after the release of the new wallet. Also, update must be mandatory as previous wallet will be denied connections. If you agree. Also, are you looking at the timestamp altering techniques of these ninjas?
PanneKopp

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

aka ...

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:05:19 PM

Hi @adaseb

Its been a while since I've followed this thread and PascalCoin.

I need to know if PascalCoin Version 1.5.1 is stable and bug free and the time-drift have been fixed? I'm the dev of Pascal Lite and people are getting really upset about the time-drift situation.

Its hard to diagnose because the difficulty is very large and I can't solo mine this coin anymore.

If you would be a real DEV, I guess you should know - what ist your Intention here - cloning code - LoL ?

Tongue

Yes with the developers permission I've launched a Pascal clone coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1773026.0

The community do not need another "shit-clone" without coding competence !

Cheesy

Although I find the tone a bit harsh, I support that statement.
Why a forked shit clone?
Why don't you contribute to the existing project?

I want to propose a lockdown on cheaters account number like how a bank does. we'll close and he cant touch it forever after the release of the new wallet. Also, update must be mandatory as previous wallet will be denied connections. If you agree. Also, are you looking at the timestamp altering techniques of these ninjas?

Wink

... please make an educated guess !
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:08:39 PM

Tongue

We can't lock down certain accounts and we can't relaunch. Its too harsh and this coin was out for already a month and there are almost half a million coins out there. It won't be fair for the miners who put in their hash power and electricity for this coin.

We need to fix the bug and just continue on from there.

code_honesty

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:21:10 PM

Tongue

We can't lock down certain accounts and we can't relaunch. Its too harsh and this coin was out for already a month and there are almost half a million coins out there. It won't be fair for the miners who put in their hash power and electricity for this coin.

We need to fix the bug and just continue on from there.

No relaunch. Same old but just a few adjustment. Its like were going on a hardfork to prevent timestamp and bugs improvement like the original pascal. where everything will be cross reference to the code of the new wallet. The cheaters account be on invalid operations from release forward. If  you are honest then no problem, if not then you have to pass the guards at the gate.
Slava_K

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:39:10 PM

cmcmc now .......... mmcmc...  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
Slava_K

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:50:25 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2017, 05:55:52 AM by Slava_K

178.150.3.240 - this is my ip. I hold node on my home PC... I have 1080 and 980 on PC. And i cant to mine any block with this fuck*ng cheater...
PS. This GPus used for mining to pay for my home... Pascal light client not responding from time to time, and i restarting them...
Miner name - OLORIN33

░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
dedmaroz

Activity: 560
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:52:31 PM

178.150.3.240 - this is my ip. I hold node on my home PC... I have 1080 and 980 on PC. And i cant to mine any block with this fuck*ng cheater...

what is your hashrate on GTX 1080?
Slava_K

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:54:25 PM

░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
bucaniere00

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Democratizing Global Trade - ICO NOW LIVE

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:55:39 PM

What is' doing mmcmc?

adaseb (OP)
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:11:48 PM

What miner software are you mining with ?

code_honesty

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:05:23 AM

adaseb:

To all:
Guys, instead of spamming blockchain, please, create issues on github. It is more appropriate place where we all can discuss technical details, features and fixes.

xiphon

Can you explain how to reproduce the bug on your issue report on github, seems orig pascal dev is blind. We can make pascal lite better. Your stash is enough i think. Its now time to fix this bug.
Slava_K

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:55:01 AM

What is' doing mmcmc?
Playing with block time.

░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
xiphon

Activity: 254
Merit: 121

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 06:11:34 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2017, 07:20:44 AM by xiphon

adaseb:

To all:

xiphon

Can you explain how to reproduce the bug on your issue report on github, seems orig pascal dev is blind. We can make pascal lite better. Your stash is enough i think. Its now time to fix this bug.

First, to reproduce that your hashrate need to be as tenths of percents of total network hashrate (even with 20-30% you will have good chances to reproduce).

1. Sync blockchain with the network
2. Stop receiving blockchain updates from the network (this can be done manually or by mistake or by bad connection etc.)
3. Mine continuous bunch of blocks (2, 3 .. 10 how much you want)
4. At the timepoint when you see that your personal blockchain is higher than network blockchain start announcing to other nodes that you are having bigger block index than they have
5. Other nodes will download your blockchain making original blockchain orphaned
6. Now you are replaced ("injected") your blocks

So it is basically the same 51% problem.

I don't think that anyone had produced that situation deliberately. Miners that were able to do that had to have really big hashrate and a bad connection (?) (or some other sync issues) was more than enough.

As for timestamps that are equal to previous block's timestamp. Inspected the code. Yeah, as PascalCoin dev said, it is just a fun, nothing else. Someone used custom mining software that producing blocks in a such way. And forging blocks in a such manner will lead to difficulty increase more roughly. So no profit here at all.

Fairpool https://fairpool.xyz mining pool - Realtime stats, Profit calculation, Instant payouts
LOKI mining pool: https://loki.fairpool.xyz RYO mining pool: https://ryo.fairpool.xyz
XHV Haven mining pool: https://xhv.fairpool.xyz PURK mining pool: https://purk.fairpool.xyz
ETC mining pool: https://etc.fairpool.xyz PGC mining pool: https://pgc.fairpool.xyz
ETP mining pool: https://etp.fairpool.xyz AKA mining pool: https://aka.fairpool.xyz
PASL mining pool: https://pasl.fairpool.xyz NUKO mining pool: https://nuko.fairpool.xyz
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:08:37 AM

adaseb:

To all:

xiphon

First, to reproduce that your hashrate need to be as tenths of percents of total network hashrate (even with 20-30% you will have good changes to reproduce).

1. Sync blockchain with the network
2. Stop receiving blockchain updates from the network (this can be done manually or by mistake or by bad connection etc.)
3. Mine continuous bunch of blocks (2, 3 .. 10 how much you want)
4. At the timepoint when you see that your personal blockchain is higher than network blockchain start announcing to other nodes that you are having bigger block index than they have
5. Other nodes will download your blockchain making original blockchain orphaned
6. Now you are replaced ("injected") your blocks

So it is basically the same 51% problem.

I don't think that anyone had produced that situation deliberately. Miners that were able to do that had to have really big hashrate and a bad connection (?) (or some other sync issues) was more than enough.

As for timestamps that are equal to previous block's timestamp. Inspected the code. Yeah, as PascalCoin dev said, it is just a fun, nothing else. Someone used custom mining software that producing blocks in a such way. And forging blocks in a such manner will lead to difficulty increase more roughly. So no profit here at all.

This I actually noticed first hand about the 2nd week that the coin was launched. Back then the hashrate was crazy high like 40,000 MHS and there was pretty much one miner.

I decided to throw all my hashpower to find a couple of blocks within a few hours. And basically I started noticing that I've found blocks, they have appeared on the blockchain and then 5 minutes later they  were replaced by his blocks.

OCminer noticed this also with his pool. Except with him it was working in his favor because his blocks got accepted and the others ended up getting orphaned.

Either way like Ocminer said, PASC/PASL are both in Alpha stages with much work to do. And unless the PASC dev fixes these bugs they will most likely exist for Pascal Lite since I don;t have the programming experience to re-write the code.

Here is that time I was referring to

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: