Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:03:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should a PASCAL COIN clone be launched ?
YES - 58 (71.6%)
NO - 23 (28.4%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PASL]-[PASCAL Lite]-[The Future is Almost Here]  (Read 164849 times)
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

they didn't reply my to PM.

Still cant find you message in my inbox. Will try to send one to you.

Sorry I got your nickname confused with some other developer. Send me a PM so we can discuss.

oh wait adaseb, just want to let you know that i feel 99.99% xiphon is mmcmc. just a feeling, could be wrong. Tongue

If u are offering mmc SD cards for sale, I will be the first to grab 500K pieces as I'm a microchip fanatic. Reply to this message if u can supply so much silicon awesomeness.
xiphon

Activity: 254
Merit: 121

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 11:13:30 PM

Sorry I got your nickname confused with some other developer. Send me a PM so we can discuss.

oh wait adaseb, just want to let you know that i feel 99.99% xiphon is mmcmc. just a feeling, could be wrong. Tongue

If u are offering mmc SD cards for sale, I will be the first to grab 500K pieces as I'm a microchip fanatic. Reply to this message if u can supply so much silicon awesomeness.

Seems i know one guy that can help you.

Contact him through blockchain  Grin

Fairpool https://fairpool.xyz mining pool - Realtime stats, Profit calculation, Instant payouts
LOKI mining pool: https://loki.fairpool.xyz RYO mining pool: https://ryo.fairpool.xyz
XHV Haven mining pool: https://xhv.fairpool.xyz PURK mining pool: https://purk.fairpool.xyz
ETC mining pool: https://etc.fairpool.xyz PGC mining pool: https://pgc.fairpool.xyz
ETP mining pool: https://etp.fairpool.xyz AKA mining pool: https://aka.fairpool.xyz
PASL mining pool: https://pasl.fairpool.xyz NUKO mining pool: https://nuko.fairpool.xyz
code_honesty

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:13:42 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 07:03:51 AM by code_honesty

I don't know if he is mmcmc. I actually got a PM from mmcmc and he said that he is not cheating and that he is finding all the blocks because he has lots of GPUs pointed to this coin.

A few weeks ago, I got another PM, it was from either RAY____ or that New Node guy and he also said the exact same thing. That he is not cheating and he has many GPUs pointed at the coin. He sent me photos of his farm with 200 GPUs or so.

So I don't know what to believe and that's why I rather not "relaunch" or "ban accounts" since the evidence is non-conclusive.

oh old sebastian sebastian! of course they will deny that. but its conclusive enough. Ray is using a pool but setting a few seconds to minutes offset. but mmcmc aka mcmcmc aka lanla is using the time altering ninja technique. Yes they have much GPU's but still cheating. The types of ray and those with pool are rewriting the blocks from the start. Thats is what I am against. I pity Slava_K "OLORIN". he is an honest fellow but cannot find anything because you say code is law. let's amend the law.

Ban them. Lock down the accounts. A bank would never release money if there is a court order to freeze the accounts of criminals. Now we release that court order on next wallet. Bye bye many days of cheating!! Tongue

EDIT: the time altering ninja technique finally revealed by our great "xiphon the revelear" on https://github.com/adaseb/PascalLite/issues/2  Grin
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

I don't know if he is mmcmc. I actually got a PM from mmcmc and he said that he is not cheating and that he is finding all the blocks because he has lots of GPUs pointed to this coin.

A few weeks ago, I got another PM, it was from either RAY____ or that New Node guy and he also said the exact same thing. That he is not cheating and he has many GPUs pointed at the coin. He sent me photos of his farm with 200 GPUs or so.

So I don't know what to believe and that's why I rather not "relaunch" or "ban accounts" since the evidence is non-conclusive.

oh old sebastian sebastian! of course they will deny that. but its conclusive enough. Ray is using a pool but setting a few seconds to minutes offset. but mmcmc aka mcmcmc aka lanla is using the time altering ninja technique. Yes they have much GPU's but still cheating. The types of ray and those with pool are rewriting the blocks from the start. Thats is what I am against. I pity Slava_K "OLORIN". he is an honest fellow but cannot find anything because you say code is law. let's amend the law.

Ban them. Lock down the accounts. A bank would never release money if there is a court order to freeze the accounts of criminals. Now we release that court order on next wallet. Bye bye many days of cheating!! Tongue

My advice to you then is to fix the code yourself and then just launch a brand new coin. Since it seems that 90% of the entire blockchain was mined under false pretenses.

Because it seems whichever way I go, it will leave alot of hate either way.

I "ban" these accounts and they will send me threatening PM like before.
I "don't" ban these accounts and the smaller miners will send me threatening PM's.

code_honesty

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:32:15 PM

My advice to you then is to fix the code yourself and then just launch a brand new coin. Since it seems that 90% of the entire blockchain was mined under false pretenses.

I "don't" ban these accounts and the smaller miners will send me threatening PM's.

Ok I'll compromise. How about we allow them to do transaction to only 1 account, to account 0-10 for project developments. Surely you will need funds for this chain? They can either send it to that account only and help you or hold on to something they cant touch. how about that?

I can grep the blocks and the account they mine.

and 1 more thing. I like when you are on front, you are an honest level-headed fellow. Cheesy
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:59:21 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 12:20:22 AM by adaseb

Ok I'll compromise. How about we allow them to do transaction to only 1 account, to account 0-10 for project developments. Surely you will need funds for this chain? They can either send it to that account only and help you or hold on to something they cant touch. how about that?

and 1 more thing. I like when you are on front, you are an honest level-headed fellow. Cheesy

The problem with this approach is that the cheaters won't come forward and admit that they actually cheated and let alone forfeit all their coins for nothing in return.

So it would benefit some but not everybody.

Yes I tried to be as honest as possible however it probably wasn't a good idea for myself to get involved with this coin with having very little programming knowledge. There are issues with this coin but I can't get them fixed myself, I need to rely on others but nobody has volunteered so far.

One developer PM me and said he will try and fix the most critical issues with this coin and we'll see how it will go.

If you want to help and get some of these bugs fixed here is the place where you can post instead of this forum
https://github.com/adaseb/PascalLite/issues/1

code_honesty

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:12:13 AM

The problem with this approach is that the cheaters won't come forward and admit that they actually cheated and let alone forfeit all their coins for nothing in return.

Yes I tried to be as honest as possible however it probably wasn't a good idea for myself to get involved with this coin with having very little programming knowledge. There are issues with this coin but I can't get them fixed myself, I need to rely on others but nobody has volunteered so far.

One developer PM me and said he will try and fix the most critical issues with this coin and we'll see how it will go.

If you want to help and get some of these bugs fixed here is the place where you can post instead of this forum

Sorry I dont trust github now. Here is the scenario:

a. bug 1 can be fix by bug 3.
b. bug 2 can be fix by coding the existing getblocktemplate (there are many)
c. bug 3 if will be coded, you'll need at least 40 rigs to run a test so you'll need a big miner whos willing to lend his services
  1. run scenario at even (18 honest and 18 evil) and see how will the sbh protection will react
  2. run 1 big evil (1 miner and 1 evil supernode) with more than 51% hashrate on the network. less 49 percent honest and record how sbh protection          react
  3. run 2 big evil (2 miner and 2 evil supernode) with at least 66% hashrate and see how sbh protection reacts.
  4. run majority evil but smaller hashrate and how see sbh will react.
*if in all scenarios, honest masternode is not corrupted then your good to go.

c. set a hardfork block number
  1. after the hardfork block previous wallet version cannot connect
  2. (my banning and lock down proposal) after hardfork block, disallow transactions until let say 250 blocks forward, only block rewards will be accepted. the wallet will take a snapshot of all accounts and track all movement of all cheater accounts and store those banaccounts.db(encrypt it, superencrypt).
  3. after 250 blocks tx can now proceed normally.

d. after a week or two release a new wallet as hardfork wallet is code heavy.
e. smile.

adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:25:38 AM

c. bug 3 if will be coded, you'll need at least 40 rigs to run a test so you'll need a big miner whos willing to lend his services
  1. run scenario at even (18 honest and 18 evil) and see how will the sbh protection will react
  2. run 1 big evil (1 miner and 1 evil supernode) with more than 51% hashrate on the network. less 49 percent honest and record how sbh protection          react
  3. run 2 big evil (2 miner and 2 evil supernode) with at least 66% hashrate and see how sbh protection reacts.

2. (my banning and lock down proposal) after hardfork block, disallow transactions until let say 250 blocks forward, only block rewards will be accepted. the wallet will take a snapshot of all accounts and track all movement of all cheater accounts and store those banaccounts.db(encrypt it, superencrypt).

e. smile.

For testing purposes we will most likely just launch a testnet version, we won't need 200 GPUs to test. We can also for testing purposes start with a lower diff and you can do the testing with multiple GPUs.

code_honesty

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:40:39 AM

e. smile.

For testing purposes we will most likely just launch a testnet version, we won't need 200 GPUs to test. We can also for testing purposes start with a lower diff and you can do the testing with multiple GPUs.

That's the big misconception on crypto of not actually stress testing it. many have that number of rigs nowadays.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:30:34 AM

Seems somebody on PascalCoin Github opened a similar ticket

https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/issues/25

There appear to be some exploits happening with mining. Whilst it's not 100% clear how they're being done, it does seem to involve skewing work calculation based using strategic timestamps.

Aligning PascalCoins PoW with Bitcoin's battle-tested approach may solve these issues. Below are the suggestions:

Update Nodes/miners to use Network Adjusted Time instead of system time
Retarget the mining difficulty after 2880 blocks instead of 1
Allow blocks to have times before previous block
Network Adjusted Time

Take the median of all the connected nodes
If median is out by 30 mins, default to system time
Difficulty/Target Consensus Rules

To mitigate effect of timestamp variance, avoid retargeting after every block
Retarget block difficulty every 10 days (2880 blocks)
Target stays constant for 2880 blocks and is reevaluated after 2880 blocks based on the last 2880 blocks
Sum the time differences between last 2880 blocks and if this sum is less than 10 days then increase target else decrease target
This will neutralise any attempts to use timestamps to gain a mining advantage
Timestamping Rules

A block's timestamp must be greater than the median of last 11 blocks
A block's timestamp must be smaller than NetworkAdjustedTime + 1 hour

dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:56:33 AM

how about pascal sir ? Smiley is there good news from here?
PanneKopp

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

aka ...

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:56:25 AM

how about pascal sir ? Smiley is there good news from here?

sorry, it seems here is no support 4 the upstream, otherwise this wouldn´t exist

Huh

... please make an educated guess !
xiphon

Activity: 254
Merit: 121

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 07:30:09 AM

known bugs:

1.Timestamp field not checked on realtime
   a. solution for now: flood the chain with transaction every 3-4 secs, that way we all have equal chance of finding solution in 3-4secs but actual solution is on 3(c). he cannot time cheat because daemon includes all tx in pow verification.

I have stopped reading at that point. This won't work.

Fairpool https://fairpool.xyz mining pool - Realtime stats, Profit calculation, Instant payouts
LOKI mining pool: https://loki.fairpool.xyz RYO mining pool: https://ryo.fairpool.xyz
XHV Haven mining pool: https://xhv.fairpool.xyz PURK mining pool: https://purk.fairpool.xyz
ETC mining pool: https://etc.fairpool.xyz PGC mining pool: https://pgc.fairpool.xyz
ETP mining pool: https://etp.fairpool.xyz AKA mining pool: https://aka.fairpool.xyz
PASL mining pool: https://pasl.fairpool.xyz NUKO mining pool: https://nuko.fairpool.xyz
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:34:33 AM

known bugs:

a. solution for now: flood the chain with transaction every 3-4 secs, that way we all have equal chance of finding solution in 3-4secs but actual solution is on 3(c). he cannot time cheat because daemon includes all tx in pow verification.

I think somebody is already doing this. They keep sending micro amounts to 0-10 account. Seems like its coming from different source addresses.

code_honesty

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:36:49 AM

known bugs:

Yes I saw a case where miner " Beta     ?x------ " rejected 4 tx and only include 7 tx of all 11 on queue. gbt already implemented? good job. funny it got accepted network wide. how many nodes you hosted? 30? 50? this coin has no value yet. Is it that easy to hack the daemon?
code_honesty

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:38:45 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 08:11:28 AM by code_honesty

known bugs:

I think somebody is already doing this. They keep sending micro amounts to 0-10 account. Seems like its coming from different source addresses.

Its 1 way to battling miner "mmcmc" timestamp attack but futile on miner "Beta    ?x----------"

As you know, other miner cannot solve blocks if previous block time is tampered. Now, this micro amounts tx is *to make* them waste time.
code_honesty

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:44:29 AM

@adaseb if somebody is going to create block explorer, get it only on uncorruptable masternode.
code_honesty

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:54:48 AM

This is like dancing but the dancers have different tunes. Its fun right xiphon?
cryptotrader111

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:36:20 AM

known bugs:

4. super super stupid difficulty retargeting. -adaseb is also gaming this bug.
  a. solution- copy others. only those succesful coins. (copy/paste)

more bugs to update:

How exactly can you exploit this difficulty retargeting? Why is it stupid?

Thanks.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

known bugs:

4. super super stupid difficulty retargeting. -adaseb is also gaming this bug.
  a. solution- copy others. only those succesful coins. (copy/paste)

more bugs to update:

How exactly can you exploit this difficulty retargeting? Why is it stupid?

Thanks.

The difficult retargets based on the last 100 blocks but it should retarget much quicker. Because you can easily pool hop.  Mine when the difficulty is low and mine another coin when the difficulty is higher.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: