Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:11:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 228 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NemosMiner] multi algo profit switching NVIDIA/CPU miner  (Read 289387 times)
puch0021

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:21:19 AM

In fact, every single comparison I've done between NiceHash and a multi-algo, auto-switching pool - always using NemosMiner - has ended with NiceHash winning. As a result, I've concluded that it's just not worth trying to beat NiceHash at its own game. YMMV, etc. and so on.

I have been away from NH for quite a while now (last year when I compared ZPOOL was ahead of NH for me) -- but I fired it up on two workers to size it up again.

Early impression is that the profit seems quite high right now on NiceHash -- probably due to the "bull market" run we are having (e.g. people willing to pay above market for the power).

Believe me, after all the trash talking I've done about NiceHash (aka NiceHack), no one was more surprised as each and every multi-algo pool I've tested over the last month has come in 2nd place, and often by a startling amount. HashRefinery and Zergpool both brought in 30% less over their 1 week test period than NH. Granted, both pools happened to get on the wrong side of some hard-forks, but since that isn't something you have to worry about with NH I can't really toss out the comparisons as invalid. Both MiningPoolHub and Zpool came in around 10% less than NH over their test periods (1 week for MPH, only 3 days for Zpool) and given the limitations of my test setup I am inclined to call these a tie, but that's rather missing the point: the whole idea behind multi-algo, auto-switching pools is to beat single-coin mining AND NiceHash over time (if you are the type that either cashes out in fiat on a regular basis or just wants to accumulate BTC without buying a shitty ASIC).

And especially since NH is rather restricted in the algos it offers I am even more surprised at the poor showing of these multi-algo pools, but maybe it's not the pool's fault, maybe it's NemosMiner's, so I am contemplating trying another multi-algo miner manager next.

Consider how is it possible (beyond consistent luck +/- getting the best of fluctuating exchange rates) that a pool can consistently out earn the calculated amount at whattomine when WTM considers net hash rate of the entire algorithm across all pools. Also consider that WTM and other calculators are likely ideal earnings; multi algorithm pools often use PPLNS or some PPLNS hybrid which doesn't favor algorithm switching as compared to PPS of nicehash. In other words, what you see is typically what you get with nicehash compared to the ideal earnings on WTM.

If WTM has nicehash near 90% of the top algorithms it's going to be tough to beat especially if hopping from algorithm to algorithm on a multi-algo pool. For example, x17 is the top algorithm on ahash pool and the listed estimates don't even come close to nicehash's rates.

I've gone back to single pool mining vs nicehash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:29:26 AM

In fact, every single comparison I've done between NiceHash and a multi-algo, auto-switching pool - always using NemosMiner - has ended with NiceHash winning. As a result, I've concluded that it's just not worth trying to beat NiceHash at its own game. YMMV, etc. and so on.

I have been away from NH for quite a while now (last year when I compared ZPOOL was ahead of NH for me) -- but I fired it up on two workers to size it up again.

Early impression is that the profit seems quite high right now on NiceHash -- probably due to the "bull market" run we are having (e.g. people willing to pay above market for the power).

Believe me, after all the trash talking I've done about NiceHash (aka NiceHack), no one was more surprised as each and every multi-algo pool I've tested over the last month has come in 2nd place, and often by a startling amount. HashRefinery and Zergpool both brought in 30% less over their 1 week test period than NH. Granted, both pools happened to get on the wrong side of some hard-forks, but since that isn't something you have to worry about with NH I can't really toss out the comparisons as invalid. Both MiningPoolHub and Zpool came in around 10% less than NH over their test periods (1 week for MPH, only 3 days for Zpool) and given the limitations of my test setup I am inclined to call these a tie, but that's rather missing the point: the whole idea behind multi-algo, auto-switching pools is to beat single-coin mining AND NiceHash over time (if you are the type that either cashes out in fiat on a regular basis or just wants to accumulate BTC without buying a shitty ASIC).

And especially since NH is rather restricted in the algos it offers I am even more surprised at the poor showing of these multi-algo pools, but maybe it's not the pool's fault, maybe it's NemosMiner's, so I am contemplating trying another multi-algo miner manager next.

Consider how is it possible (beyond consistent luck +/- getting the best of fluctuating exchange rates) that a pool can consistently out earn the calculated amount at whattomine when WTM considers net hash rate of the entire algorithm across all pools. Also consider that WTM and other calculators are likely ideal earnings; multi algorithm pools often use PPLNS or some PPLNS hybrid which doesn't favor algorithm switching as compared to PPS of nicehash. In other words, what you see is typically what you get with nicehash compared to the ideal earnings on WTM.

If WTM has nicehash near 90% of the top algorithms it's going to be tough to beat especially if hopping from algorithm to algorithm on a multi-algo pool. For example, x17 is the top algorithm on ahash pool and the listed estimates don't even come close to nicehash's rates.

Plus Nicehack can operate at a loss until they need some more funds to continue then organise a convenient wallet hack…  Tongue
puch0021

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:32:59 AM

Plus Nicehack can operate at a loss until they need some more funds to continue then organise a convenient wallet hack…  Tongue

Nothing stopping pool operators from doing the same thing :p
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:55:09 AM

for getting paid right away yeah well calculate the fees in there too...I found nicehash to be the least ideal solution but since they came back I have to say they are unusually profitable.
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:00:35 AM

Nothing stopping pool operators from doing the same thing :p

Damn, who can you trust?! Wink
romajc

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:39:28 PM

Can someone help me out with the monitor function?

If I have a 7 card rig, I should set GTR 40 to someting like GTR 14.3 (100% / 7).

Then move that 7 card file into the main folder.  And run it along side the startpool.bat?
micha_b

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:11:33 PM

NemosMiner-v2.4.2
Added simple algo switching log in csv. switching.log file found in Logs folder. Can be easily imported in excel as csv file. include wallet so donation rounds can be clearly identified as well

Best Regards
Nemo

Could you please log the estimated payments as well? Would help to check effectivity of miner switching.
MrPlus

Activity: 514
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 08:04:04 PM

Important for ashapoolplus users

No impact on other pools
  There are troubles on the server side. You guys are too many and we’re not scaling.
  I’m working on getting calculations integrated to the miner to avoid this issue. Currently under test.
  Should be available tomorrow or next day.
  Please switch back to ahashpool24hr in the meantime

MrPlus

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NPlusMiner - MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching
millsys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:13:36 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 08:28:14 PM by millsys

No impact on other pools
  There are troubles on the server side. You guys are too many and we’re not scaling.
  I’m working on getting calculations integrated to the miner to avoid this issue. Currently under test.

MrPlus

How about switching miners to 60-120 second intervals?  That should reduce load 50-75%

FARM #1 : 60 GPUs spread across 6 rigs (1080ti/1080/1070ti/1070)
FARM #2 : 72 GPUs spread across 12 rigs (1070ti x 6)
FARM #3 : 16 GPUs spread across 4 rigs (1080ti x 4)
AntMiner S9 13.5TH / AntMiner L3+ x 2
starrbuck

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 08:51:24 PM

No impact on other pools

MrPlus

How about switching miners to 60-120 second intervals?  That should reduce load 50-75%

I already changed mine to 60 seconds.  Thirty seconds is insane!
millsys

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:57:01 PM

No impact on other pools

MrPlus

Yea coins don't trend that quickly, even 120 seconds isn't out of the question to query pool data

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:57:47 PM

No impact on other pools

MrPlus

Also, it appears that *every* pool (specified by scripts in the pools directory) is polled at every interval; why not just poll the pool that is specified in the batch file?

millsys

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:08:57 PM

No impact on other pools

MrPlus

Also, it appears that *every* pool (specified by scripts in the pools directory) is polled at every interval; why not just poll the pool that is specified in the batch file?

Easy fix, delete pool files you don't use from POOL folder...  That is what I do

MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:24:23 PM

Easy fix, delete pool files you don't use from POOL folder...  That is what I do

Huh, that seemed drastic, but it worked!
MinerMinor

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:37:06 AM

Can someone please elaborate how to enable the MiningPoolHubStats for AHashPool? Support was just added as confirmed by nemo, but I don't see how to get the API key?
amitim

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:39:21 AM

Hi.

Only for me coin SHIELD (XSH)  nails the mining?
The last few days the rig falls off because of this coin

PS. ahashpool, NM 2.4.1, tried 2.4.2 - same problem
MrPlus

Activity: 514
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 08:35:02 AM

No impact on other pools

MrPlus

The ahshpoolplus service will stop today.
 >>> your miners will show errors connecting to pool
we couldn't scale with too many miners polling the service every minute.
Please switch back to ahashpool24hr if not done already.

Replacement solution for the Plus logic should be available soon.

MrPlus

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NPlusMiner - MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching
jcabello7

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:28:16 AM

Could we help you?
millsys

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:13:06 PM

NemosMiner 2.4.2 goes down when Coinbase API is down....  Logic to use arbitrary BTC value or 'previous value' would help

Loading BTC rate from 'api.coinbase.com'..
Loading pool stats..
Error contacting pool, retrying..

Loading pool stats..

Loading pool stats..

Loading pool stats..

Loading pool stats..

Loading pool stats..

Loading pool stats..

Loading pool stats..

MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:22:52 PM

NemosMiner 2.4.2 goes down when Coinbase API is down....  Logic to use arbitrary BTC value or 'previous value' would help

Yikes! That's not good. An easy-to-implement 3rd fallback option would be to mine the first algo in the list specified in the start[pool] batch file.
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 228 »
  Print  

Jump to: