Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:07:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin [FTC]  (Read 460454 times)
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:52:10 PM

Hi,

We've added FTC to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

Cheers!

Thank you!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:06:23 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you!

What has happened to FTC? I was mining it yesterday on a multipool when the bottom fell out. Even my confirmed
coins lost most of their value. But on the exchanges everything is normal.

I've dealt with scams, hard forks, excessive orphans etc but I've never seen confirmed coins lose nearly all their value while
the trading price on the exchanges remained stable (rising actually).

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 04:45:37 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you!

What has happened to FTC? I was mining it yesterday on a multipool when the bottom fell out. Even my confirmed

I've dealt with scams, hard forks, excessive orphans etc but I've never seen confirmed coins lose nearly all their value while

Not sure why confirmed balance would get changed... that's odd. Perhaps since we disabled it? We'll enable it in the backend again, just not for mining. We can't seem to keep FTC from generating orphans more than it's confirming. We've tried rebuilding/optimizing and also de-optimizing our stratum server as well as feathercoind. We'll look into some more but don't really see any reason why it orphans to begin with.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:16:10 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you!

Not sure why confirmed balance would get changed... that's odd. Perhaps since we disabled it? We'll enable it in the backend again, just not for mining. We can't seem to keep FTC from generating orphans more than it's confirming. We've tried rebuilding/optimizing and also de-optimizing our stratum server as well as feathercoind. We'll look into some more but don't really see any reason why it orphans to begin with.

Thanks but it wasn't on your pool, but another one of the clones (HP). It was strange, the profitability of FTC dove as well as
my unconfirmed and confirmed balance, but the blocks didn't orphan. This usually indicates a price crash on the
exchange, but as mentioned the price has been stable.

This doesn't make sense. The difficulty didn't change, the block reward didn't change, the exchange price didn't change
but the mining profit dropped 80%. FTC has since been removed from that pool also.

It's probably best to leave it disabled for now.

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 05:19:56 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you!

Thanks but it wasn't on your pool, but another one of the clones (HP). It was strange, the profitability of FTC dove as well as
my unconfirmed and confirmed balance, but the blocks didn't orphan. This usually indicates a price crash on the

This doesn't make sense. The difficulty didn't change, the block reward didn't change, the exchange price didn't change
but the mining profit dropped 80%. FTC has since been removed from that pool also.

ohh ok, you quoted my pool so thought it was there. The other clone looks to run pretty much unattended so if something goes wrong, its not usually noticed and can snowball from there.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:29:44 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you!

ohh ok, you quoted my pool so thought it was there. The other clone looks to run pretty much unattended so if something goes wrong, its not usually noticed and can snowball from there.

I posted here because I thought it was a coin issue rather than a pool issue since you were also having problems with FTC.
Since you disabled the coin also I don't know what profitibility you are reporting for comparison. Before HP removed it
it was around 0.8 mBTC/MH/day...

FLASH: I just got s decent block on your pool.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:49:32 PM

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you!

I posted here because I thought it was a coin issue rather than a pool issue since you were also having problems with FTC.
Since you disabled the coin also I don't know what profitibility you are reporting for comparison. Before HP removed it
it was around 0.8 mBTC/MH/day...

FLASH: I just got s decent block on your pool.

I'm sorry I linked my post to zpool. It was not my intention to imply the problem was with your pool.

FTC seems to be behaving properly on zpool now. I've got 13 confs and counting.

When the profitability crashed on hashpower it also crashed on zpool, perhaps that's when you disabled it.

I think I misspoke a little earlier, my confirmed balance on HP never went down. However the immature coins dropped in
value without dropping in number and without orphaning. They all eventually matured but paid just peanuts.

Everything is looking normal on zpool since you reactivated FTC, except it isn't listed in the upper left of the pool page.
20 confs now, thanks.

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 05:52:25 PM

I'm sorry I linked my post to zpool. It was not my intention to imply the problem was with your pool.

When the profitability crashed on hashpower it also crashed on zpool, perhaps that's when you disabled it.

I think I misspoke a little earlier, my confirmed balance on HP never went down. However the immature coins dropped in
value without dropping in number and without orphaning. They all eventually matured but paid just peanuts.

Everything is looking normal on zpool since you reactivated FTC, except it isn't listed in the upper left of the pool page.
20 confs now, thanks.

Ahh ok no prob. It will start out fine and find block... confirm them... then it'll do a string of orphans for no reason... then back to finding blocks again.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:19:46 PM

20 confs now, thanks.

Ahh ok no prob. It will start out fine and find block... confirm them... then it'll do a string of orphans for no reason... then back to finding blocks again.

Block confirmed, no other blocks found yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 07:09:20 PM

I don't see any problems..

https://ftc.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

How many connections do you have in your wallet ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 07:55:47 PM

22 right now...

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 08:39:48 PM

22 right now...

Should be ok, i've limited mine to 32 which I currently hold.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 09:03:58 PM

22 right now...

yeah I dunno what's up with it. It's pretty much the only coind with so many orphans....

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:17:43 AM

22 right now...

yeah I dunno what's up with it. It's pretty much the only coind with so many orphans....

Strange. I recommend posting this problem on feathercoin forum.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:58:38 AM

New Guide for mining with AMD cards, dig in!

http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/8220/guide-how-to-mine-feathercoin-neoscrypt-based-coins-on-amd-gpus-with-sgminer
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:54:32 PM

Hi,

NeoScrypt (and thus Feathercoin) mining broken in Windows sgminer with latest AMD Drivers (Crimson 15.12). Even if one includes amdocl.dll from previous AMD Driver version, mining is still broken. This is bad for Feathercoin. Will Feathercoin developers hire a developer to fix sgminer NeoScrypt kernel to be compatible with newer AMD Drivers?
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:56:12 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 09:17:05 AM by Conqueror

Hi,

NeoScrypt (and thus Feathercoin) mining broken in Windows sgminer with latest AMD Drivers (Crimson 15.12). Even if one includes amdocl.dll from previous AMD Driver version, mining is still broken. This is bad for Feathercoin. Will Feathercoin developers hire a developer to fix sgminer NeoScrypt kernel to be compatible with newer AMD Drivers?

No.
Maybe.
I am not paying a 1BTC, but maybe you will pull it from others...
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 11:38:40 AM

Hi,

a) install 14.7 or earlier drivers;
b) use bin's generated by the forementioned drivers.

AMD has "optimised" their OpenCL compiler in a bad way without notice soon after 14.7. Many other kernels started to perform poor as well. You suggest to hire someone to fix the issue, but are you ready to donate something towards this job? Those developers who were hired for GPU mining works left about a year ago. I have a fast kernel and near complete miner, but it hasn't been my top priority to release it because I have received whopping 0.17 BTC in development donations for the whole this year.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:44:59 PM

Hi,

AMD has "optimised" their OpenCL compiler in a bad way without notice soon after 14.7. Many other kernels started to perform poor as well. You suggest to hire someone to fix the issue, but are you ready to donate something towards this job? Those developers who were hired for GPU mining works left about a year ago. I have a fast kernel and near complete miner, but it hasn't been my top priority to release it because I have received whopping 0.17 BTC in development donations for the whole this year.

I can send you some FTC to cheer you up.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:44:39 PM

Hi,

is this the reason why every few days my miner keeps freezing it was fine but i had to do some cleaning and just reinstalled win7 figuring it was easier and when i did it updated to the amd drivers so i should probably reinstall 14.7
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 202 »
  Print  

Jump to: