Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin [FTC]  (Read 460454 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:21:34 PM

Time to Retarget    15 day(s), 22 hour(s), 8 min, 38 sec
Expected Time per Block    0 day(s), 0 hour(s), 13 min, 21 sec

This is terrible. Looks like we are moving backwards. Let's see how these stats change after 24 hours Grin

BTC: 16MZAq1ogFoMskBXgvDkCFdACsXaGiRPfM LTC: LUVnnG5DJY3bs4h7o1SThZVyjurUTuaa23
PPC: P9K354LGkHaZioQfwn6yhg81K5LhBzpPwC FTC: 729uZ2hAY11nZz81eafvnQpvZknxky7Lbt
PWC: pAKN6fJXGErJ7KqWgSfrdpuw6cYpjdM5rk
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thep33t

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:24:24 PM

This is terrible. Looks like we are moving backwards. Let's see how these stats change after 24 hours Grin

yea. My pool is bleeding about a percent an hour.

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:11:37 PM

I think allowing it to spend the next month before re targeting will kill any value FTC has. An option is a hard fork like TRC did, cutting down the block retarget time to.. 1/2 or a 1/4th of current. That way the difficulty swings still shouldn't be as bad, but we won't spend a month waiting for 2016 blocks ever again.

newtothescene

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:28:06 PM

I don't have a solid understanding of how the background operation runs, but would it be possible to add an adjustment to the code where difficulty is adjusted every X blocks or every Y days?  It would seem that the X blocks accomodate for an increase in hashpower nicely, but there is no adjustment in place to handle a decrease in hashpower.  So if 2016 blocks "should" take 3.5 days of time, then Y days should probably be 3.5 or some multiple of that.  Seems to make sense to me, but again I don't know what would be involved to make a change of that nature...

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:11:57 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 09:24:47 PM by erk

True it's worse now:

Code:
Net Hashrate        986.640 MHash/s (over last 300 blocks)
Current Block       32556
Current Difficulty  188.192
Time per Block      13 min, 39 sec
Time to Retarget    16 day(s), 6 hour(s), 29 min, 47 sec
Next Difficulty     36.75520309887
Total Coins Mined   6,511,200

Such a meteoric introduction of Feathercoin, then bang they blew the momentum with the crazy difficulty hike. The designed block rate is 2.5min same as LTC, you can see from above that it's blown out to well over 13min. They need to rethink the targeting algorithm, make it quicker to drop than rise. If you going to design a coin that is supposed to be friendly to smaller miners, then make sure it doesn't stay for weeks at 13min block rate when it is supposed to be 2.5min.
svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:42:58 PM

Seems like this retarget block size might be the death of feathercoin

network hashrate have dropped around 80% since hype and still going down...
Given the current value of FTC vs LTC im only making around 0,25BTC with ftc vs 0.6BTC with ltc... with about 6000khash/s
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:53:16 PM

Given the current value of FTC vs LTC im only making around 0,25BTC with ftc vs 0.6BTC with ltc... with about 6000khash/s

Any words from the feathercoin dev or has he also abandoned his project !!!

FTC need some serious life support as its about to die after 8 days...wow that must be a record !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:57:13 PM

FTC need some serious life support as its about to die after 8 days...wow that must be a record !

He already said that he quit his job, he's probably vacationing somewhere or waiting for his gox withdrawal..

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:59:38 PM

Code:

At peak prices that's around 32,500 BTC or $3.6 million.  Not a bad haul.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

Code:

But that's not what was paid for them, and if you put them all up for sale the price would plummet. It's only hoarding that keeps the price up.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:24:03 AM

He already said that he quit his job, he's probably vacationing somewhere or waiting for his gox withdrawal..

lol. is there any truth to that?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:24:10 AM

Code:

and if you put them all up for sale the price would plummet.

and? that pretty much happens with every asset when all are put up for sale.

what do you think would happen to the bitcoin price or the apple stock when everybody starts selling at once?
LeftToeCut

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:30:15 AM

a new p2pool out http://198.211.122.17:19327
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:38:50 AM

OMG...i think this might have been a text book execution of PUMP & DUMP !!

Its nice to have been part of the process and too see the clear lines of how to preform such an operation...so many times in life the theory is always clouded by shades of grey

This well however was like a blow job....good start...then a frenzy and BOOM all over (her face lol..sorry it was there so i had to take it )

Oh well i though there might have been at least a good 6 months to balance the ltc diff curve..oh well back to the slave pits for me Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 02:26:48 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 09:20:52 AM by John (John K.)

Its nice to have been part of the process and too see the clear lines of how to preform such an operation...so many times in life the theory is always clouded by shades of grey

This well however was like a blow job....good start...then a frenzy and BOOM all over (her face lol..sorry it was there so i had to take it )

Oh well i though there might have been at least a good 6 months to balance the ltc diff curve..oh well back to the slave pits for me Cheesy

yep I always thought this coin required a fair stretch to jump on board and risk hard earned money ... but its best illustrated here:

[Moderator note: NFSW LINKS]

http://feathercoin.info
or
http://feathercoin.net
or here
http://feathercoin.org

Wink

I hope everyone enjoyed their quick money and got out in time if not ..
well learn some stretches and learn to enjoy the backwards pain of a clone coin crash

aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:59:48 AM

yep I always thought this coin required a fair stretch to jump on board and risk hard earned money ... but its best illustrated here:

http://feathercoin.info
or
or here
http://feathercoin.org

Wink

well learn some stretches and learn to enjoy the backwards pain of a clone coin crash

Ooo, that amiesplayground (currently 6th down) one isn't bad lol

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 03:00:48 AM

http://feathercoin
or
or here

Wink

cycloid, you are better then this. In my communications with you, I never got the impression you were this juvenile.

As for the creator of Feathercoin, he was hardly creating a pump and dump.

I get to know some of the coin developers quite well and I find it disturbing some of the judgements that are passed on without ever having spoke to said developers.

bushstar was actually quite surprised by the popularity that Feathercoin gained so quickly. He was concerned about the responsibility of developing a coin that was gaining in value so quickly and was put on a major exchange.

Now he is trying to build a strong support web site, and I am maintaining a feathercoin explorer on the site at no cost. This is part of the effort to make a all-in-one site for feathercoin.

It seems every alt-coin is deemed a "pump-n-dump', however if one gets to know some of the developers, the answer is not as simple as all the nay-sayers claim here.

I know what I say here will have little impact as the trolls have a much louder voice than I. Just remember that there are real people behind the development of these coins, and it is very easy for somebody to troll with no real knowledge or research. Instead of just blindly following the trolls, why not try to get to know a coins community, maybe even have a couple of words with the developers. You might be very surprised at what you learn.

aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:04:13 AM

Well said dreamwatcher! I'm glad some high-standing members can appreciate the work that he's doing and the goal he's trying to achieve with Feathercoin. I appreciate the support you've been giving it and the work you've donated towards helping it become better.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
modcom

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:07:07 AM

Dreamwatcher +1

Cycloid -100 You're an Ass

cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 04:25:36 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 04:39:19 AM by cycloid

or
or here

Wink

cycloid, you are better then this. In my communications with you, I never got the impression you were this juvenile.

As for the creator of Feathercoin, he was hardly creating a pump and dump.

I get to know some of the coin developers quite well and I find it disturbing some of the judgements that are passed on without ever having spoke to said developers.

bushstar was actually quite surprised by the popularity that Feathercoin gained so quickly. He was concerned about the responsibility of developing a coin that was gaining in value so quickly and was put on a major exchange.

Now he is trying to build a strong support web site, and I am maintaining a feathercoin explorer on the site at no cost. This is part of the effort to make a all-in-one site for feathercoin.

It seems every alt-coin is deemed a "pump-n-dump', however if one gets to know some of the developers, the answer is not as simple as all the nay-sayers claim here.

I know what I say here will have little impact as the trolls have a much louder voice than I. Just remember that there are real people behind the development of these coins, and it is very easy for somebody to troll with no real knowledge or research. Instead of just blindly following the trolls, why not try to get to know a coins community, maybe even have a couple of words with the developers. You might be very surprised at what you learn.

Some times a joke is just a joke and Im sure people who paid 1:1 btc/ftc when it was launched on btc-e must be really needing a laugh now.

Im obviously going to take it down as it was sorta a laugh thing and laughs this got today were well worth it  Roll Eyes

I do have to say that I am getting a little frustrated with coin clones being indorsed by so many people for a quick profit and then dumped on to the exchanges.

What I find truly juvenile are the exchanges taking on coins like such this early on with out evaluating technical innovations to the community and letting new members in the community get wiped out by these recurring events.

Ask yourself these questions, other then the name and 4X reward what else does this coin offer and why is it on the exchange like btc-e before FRC or even BBQ ? What long term niche does it serve ... other then people who missed btc and ltc rise and are jumping desperately on anything at this point ?

This BS has to stop why cant we just focus on making exchanges better and pump out those rather then pumping out Buttcoins at the rate of 1 per week and hoping it goes to the moon?

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 202 »
  Print  

Jump to: