Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin [FTC]  (Read 460455 times)
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:59:35 PM

Does anyone know of an optimized nsgminer config for 390x's?  I'm wondering if I can get better hash rate from em.  Thanks!

Dude, there is no decent (published) optimised AMD GPU Kernel available!

It is predominately mined by Nvidia cards at moment and AMD GPU owners have to mine another crypto and sell that and buy FTC on the exchanges.

Please try to optimize your AMD card with more focus and you will get about 500 kh/s for 280x, but looking into temperature you can see that neoscrypt improvement is near max. My cards are very hot so there is no much space for optimization for AMD, trust me, maybe 20-50 khashes. Anyway power consumption is about 150w per card (1.1v), so much better hrate/w than nvidia...proove me I am wrong?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:47:12 PM

Does anyone know of an optimized nsgminer config for 390x's?  I'm wondering if I can get better hash rate from em.  Thanks!

Dude, there is no decent (published) optimised AMD GPU Kernel available!

It is predominately mined by Nvidia cards at moment and AMD GPU owners have to mine another crypto and sell that and buy FTC on the exchanges.

Please try to optimize your AMD card with more focus and you will get about 500 kh/s for 280x, but looking into temperature you can see that neoscrypt improvement is near max. My cards are very hot so there is no much space for optimization for AMD, trust me, maybe 20-50 khashes. Anyway power consumption is about 150w per card (1.1v), so much better hrate/w than nvidia...proove me I am wrong?

Nvidia 750TI 225Khs 1380mhz GPU and 1500mhz memory around 50watts.

3 750TI's get 675Khs a 150watts.

35% advantage on Neoscrypt.

I've got AMD GPU's and Nvidia GPU's, so I can compare both.
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:02:04 AM

Well for 10-20% you cannot say that FTC is Nvidia predominately mining algo...Nvidia's will always have better power consumption ratio. Undervolting (putting right BIOS) AMD could take better power consumption ratio and getting it on balance with hrate, so at the end AMD 280x can extract about 500 kh/s  with 150w or less. Comparing to Nvidia 225 kh/s with 50w is about near ratio, but not too much on Nvidia side. Noting that there is much space for 20-50 kh per AMD card.

Anyway looking at the quantity of collected FTC's per time unit, I am always for better h/rate per card because for month I will collect more FTC's.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:14:34 AM

Well for 10-20% you cannot say that FTC is Nvidia predominately mining algo...Nvidia's will always have better power consumption ratio. Undervolting (putting right BIOS) AMD could take better power consumption ratio and getting it on balance with hrate, so at the end AMD 280x can extract about 500 kh/s  with 150w or less. Comparing to Nvidia 225 kh/s with 50w is about near ratio, but not too much on Nvidia side. Noting that there is much space for 20-50 kh per AMD card.

Anyway looking at the quantity of collected FTC's per time unit, I am always for better h/rate per card because for month I will collect more FTC's.

Fair enough, but I'm accumulating FTC, but I'm buying from the exchanges.

As you know, X11 algo is now gone over to the Darkside (ASIC manufacturers). LOL

Ethereum is going over to POS in 2 months.

And the GPU miners will need to pick a new alt coin to turn into a big economic coin. A new President Alt Coin where GPU miners save their mining profits in, which in turn becomes attractive to non-miners and the combination of interest boots the price of new President Alt Coin into the Top 10 cryptos.   
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:33:25 PM

As you know, X11 algo is now gone over to the Darkside (ASIC manufacturers). LOL

And the GPU miners will need to pick a new alt coin to turn into a big economic coin. A new President Alt Coin where GPU miners save their mining profits in, which in turn becomes attractive to non-miners and the combination of interest boots the price of new President Alt Coin into the Top 10 cryptos.  

FTC has good predisposition for be one of GPU kings and it would be good time to announce that, just to make some good interest using blockchain, or market usability. As I know FTC has some blockchain option for writing on it...looking at ETH is good but never heard of timing for POS, where did you hear that POS for two months?
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:27:15 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 10:41:14 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

FTC has good predisposition for be one of GPU kings and it would be good time to announce that, just to make some good interest using blockchain, or market usability. As I know FTC has some blockchain option for writing on it...looking at ETH is good but never heard of timing for POS, where did you hear that POS for two months?

It has been talked about on Cryptomining blog, apparently they are planning some short of lottery based POS system, where people bet 500 Ethereum on finding the next block.

FTC is good position to be the New President Alt Coin, because it's blockchain halving is only 8 months away.

The other big GPU Alts blockchain halving are in 12 months and 18 months.

Based on crypto history, at least 1-2 GPU Alts have always occupied the Top 10 market in capitalisations, so, in about 2 months there will be 1-2 new spots opening up in the Top 10 market capitalisation as replacement big economic entities.
myc066

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:54:10 AM

It has been talked about on Cryptomining blog, apparently they are planning some short of lottery based POS system, where people bet 500 Ethereum on finding the next block.

FTC is good position to be the New President Alt Coin, because it's blockchain halving is only 8 months away.

The other big GPU Alts blockchain halving are in 12 months and 17 months.

Based on crypto history, at least 1-2 GPU Alts have always occupied the Top 10 market in capitalisations, so, in about 2 months there will be 1-2 new spots opening up in the Top 10 market capitalisation as replacement big economic entities.
If Ethereum is going over to POS in 2 months. Miners do not agree,Fork to 2 Eth,Pos and pow.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 03:42:26 PM

If Ethereum is going over to POS in 2 months. Miners do not agree,Fork to 2 Eth,Pos and pow.

It was part of original Roadmap Ethereum announced during it's crowdfunding stage, when $60 million dollars was raised through sale of 75% of Ethereum coins.

That is, the original buyers during the crowdfunding stage would get 75% of coins and miners would get 25% of the coins during a short POW period.
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 07:55:03 PM

They don't care much about miners. It was a move to get a larger audience.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:16:07 PM

Every move on that stage is dangerous, so they need to be very careful with it....what is about plans with FTC???
tracercho

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 05:21:00 PM

Hello guys,

I am trying to build nsgminer [ghostlander] with mingw32 on win 8 32bit and I have one problem which bother's me

"configure: error: Could not find pthread library - please install libpthread"

I have installed this library and I have no idea what to do , i checked everything in google. If somebody has some idea, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 10:31:22 PM

Hello guys,

I am trying to build nsgminer [ghostlander] with mingw32 on win 8 32bit and I have one problem which bother's me

"configure: error: Could not find pthread library - please install libpthread"

I have installed this library and I have no idea what to do , i checked everything in google. If somebody has some idea, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

You have asked the same question in the FTC forums already, so let's keep the discussion there.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
fauceting.com

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:12:58 PM

If somebody want to create a Feathercoin faucet and/or promote a website paying with FTC, now you can do it at www.fauceting.com. We just launched the project this week, but we are growing!
Nea Sandu

Activity: 478
Merit: 285

Crypto Way is the only Way!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 04:24:47 PM

Hello Feathercoin comunity!

I am watching this project for some time and i see a big increase in value. Good job all!
Tbh i diden't read all the pages and i am hopping to some1 brief me with the most important news(tech, anon etc) about this coin?

Thank you!

Goana dupa Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  ▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..DMEX ..

bluebox

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

caeruleum arca archa

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:20:07 AM

EVGA GTX970 SSC = 650KH @ >150W no overclocking necessary.
I have two of them doing 1300KH under 300W using djm34. Thanks to the recent price normalization, profit is better than Ethereum by a significant margin.
Can't wait to see what the 1070 does.

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get..." - Lewis Carroll
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:41:21 AM

Yes, I am using official AMD miner and I am cool with it Smiley
shenkeng

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:54:46 AM

Miners working hard to dig Sad Sad Sad Kiss
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 09:19:42 PM

It has to be, hope it will be as hard as never were Smiley
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:34:55 PM

It has to be, hope it will be as hard as never were Smiley

FTC can be the new President GPU ALT,  the developers and the coders will need to keep FTC on GPU mining up to the 2nd Block Halving in 2021 and a Top 10 market capitalisation looks good.

As everyone knows, the 1st Block Halving is in 12 months, of course, very few FTC will be sold by miners onto the exchanges in last 4 months before the Block Halving, because they will be building up there own wallet sizes.

Essentially, it might as well be 8 months to the 1st Block Halving.

The value of small miners with a couple GPU's, is well understood from Bitcoin history. Asic hardware came in at 3rd year of mining for BTC (max coin supply 18 million), but when you increase the max coin supply of the original Satoshi Nakamoto design for BTC, you need to factor in bigger delay in the appearance of ASIC mining hardware e.g. 3 years become 6 or 9 years, before the developers and coders should allow ASIC mining hardware onto that Alt.

Small GPU miners act as sales people for the Alt coin, they can give the ALT away as gifts too friends and family; they can do cash sales to friends and acquaintances at market prices. Essentially, each small GPU miner can act as small and local escrow seller and promoter for the ALT coin, who are sprinkled across many different countries. This popularises the Alt, which pushes it into the Top 10 market capitalisations. This is the reason there has always been at least 1-2 GPU Alt coins in the Top 10 Market Capitalisation lists. As soon as one Alt stops GPU mining, it is rapidly replaced by another GPU Alt in the Top 10.

Obviously, when you move from GPU mining to ASIC mining, the Alt coin loses these small miners as sales people and the Alt coin needs to replace them with escrow websites in every nation it wishes to trade in, which in reality seldom happens! Consequently, the price of the Alt decreases when ASIC equipment appears for that Alts algo.

Therefore, FTC should try to stay on GPU mining up to it's 2nd Block Halving. Fortunately, the developers and coders for FTC have already done a new algorithm and hard fork away from an ASIC compromised algorithm.

Obviously, this is more long-term view, than just looking at the 1st Block Halving.
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:14:13 AM

Aren't we ~ 1.260.000 block and block halving is on every 2.100.000 block  https://www.feathercoin.com/about/ ?!

Looking that there is 1min block target it stays for ~ 600 days is blockhalving https://bitinfocharts.com/feathercoin/ ... Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 202 »
  Print  

Jump to: