May 05, 2024, 01:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7145 7146 7147 7148 7149 7150 7151 7152 7153 7154 7155 7156 7157 7158 7159 7160 7161 7162 7163 7164 7165 7166 7167 7168 7169 7170 7171 7172 7173 7174 7175 7176 7177 7178 7179 7180 7181 7182 7183 7184 7185 7186 7187 7188 7189 7190 7191 7192 7193 7194 [7195] 7196 7197 7198 7199 7200 7201 7202 7203 7204 7205 7206 7207 7208 7209 7210 7211 7212 7213 7214 7215 7216 7217 7218 7219 7220 7221 7222 7223 7224 7225 7226 7227 7228 7229 7230 7231 7232 7233 7234 7235 7236 7237 7238 7239 7240 7241 7242 7243 7244 7245 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:30:18 PM

20 years from now there will be no USD or USA.

Lol.  Thankfully this is virtually impossible.  But if you were right, I suppose you have no idea the sorts of war and chaos you are predicting.

USD could be greatly diminished, but sensible folks should hope this is a gentle transition.  As to the US being gone.  Woof.  That's just reckless and blind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:37:03 PM

Lol.  Thankfully this is virtually impossible.  But if you were right, I suppose you have no idea the sorts of war and chaos you are predicting.

USD could be greatly diminished, but sensible folks should hope this is a gentle transition.  As to the US being gone.  Woof.  That's just reckless and blind.
What did anything you said have to do with whether or not my statement is true or false?

Are one of those superstitious people who believes that if we don't talk about bad things they won't happen?

The USA is following the same historical trajectory as the USSR. Absent some rational explanation of why the same actions that have lead to a failed state in every other historical example will not have the same result here, I conclude that the USA will share the same fate.

I'd call your "I don't like that conclusion therefore it's not true" rebuttal childish, however that's insulting to children.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:43:39 PM

What did anything you said have to do with whether or not my statement is true or false?

Are one of those superstitious people who believes that if we don't talk about bad things they won't happen?

The USA is following the same historical trajectory as the USSR. Absent some rational explanation of why the same actions that have lead to a failed state in every other historical example will not have the same result here, I conclude that the USA will share the same fate.

I'd call your "I don't like that conclusion therefore it's not true" rebuttal childish, however that's insulting to children.

the US is ruling the world (or half the world) strongly and kind of smart (since most of the inhibitants of the empire don´t even know that the US owns their government). the pax americana has worked very well for lots of western countries.  well enough to not change it.  who should be the successor ? china ? india ? not in just two decades. no empire lasts forever, but i do not see the end is near for US rule yet.
Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:44:02 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that the US and USD will fall.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:47:30 PM

so do you guys think this recent bump was from the newegg guys who have insider info, or does it have to do with the marshal auction? i personally think it has more to do with newegg.

I agree. Newegg > Overstock and Tiger Direct put together.

We're primed to go up. If a government somewhere is about to screw up badly, (and there's probably one), it'll get crazy.

I think there is more than one, and also they have already screwed up, we are just waiting for the shit storm. (USA included)

Not to mention a global food price-inflation crisis.

Happy times  Shocked

Times are A changin'

More than one government has already past the point of no return debtwise, it is no longer a question of  IF governments will default on their debts – it is a question of when.

Insolvent is still insolvent, even if you dress it up and prolong the pain.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:00:33 PM

Times are A changin'

(Don't donate if that scans Smiley )
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:00:36 PM

Explanation
jmw74

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:01:09 PM

In what way is the US following the same trajectory as the USSR?  Of course the US will be gone someday, 20 years seems a little short.  Just because it's clear we're heading toward a crisis doesn't mean the government will fall.  What would it be replaced with?  Technology might replace some government function in the next 20 years, but probably not all of it. For example I don't foresee technology providing healthcare for the poor.  The free market prefers to just hide the poor from sight, rather than help them.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:02:59 PM

More than one government has already past the point of no return debtwise, it is no longer a question of  IF governments will default on their debts – it is a question of when.

21 Countries Have Experienced Hyperinflation In the Last 25 Years
http://www.munknee.com/21-countries-have-experienced-hyperinflation-in-last-25-years-is-the-u-s-next/
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:05:05 PM

Times are A changin'

(Don't donate if that scans Smiley )

reverse psychology?

it is an actual address, 0 transactions though.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:09:44 PM

It's just the timing that is hard to nail down. 

cAPSLOCK, of course sensible people hope for a soft landing, but is it not also sensible to prepare for a hard landing?  Just as likely  to happen I think.  Civil unrest is escalating all around the world.  You are not immune. If it doesn't bear thinking about, perhaps it bears thinking about. 
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:15:40 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 07:25:55 PM by Richy_T

it is an actual address, 0 transactions though.

It is a random address and I don't have the private key (though perhaps I should).

OK. I have secured the private key Smiley Not begging though.
wiak2

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:18:28 PM

http://coinfire.cf/2014/06/30/breaking-usms-auction-winners-notified/

A verified source with the USMS who wishes to remain anonymous stated to Coin Fire, “It is really important that we get this 100% right. We have to verify that they aren’t tied to any sort of criminal activity, we have to verify we have the money from the wire transfer. If we send the coins we understand we will have no way to reverse the transaction so every step is being taken.”
YogoH

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:29:27 PM

A verified source with the USMS who wishes to remain anonymous stated to Coin Fire, “It is really important that we get this 100% right. We have to verify that they aren’t tied to any sort of criminal activity, we have to verify we have the money from the wire transfer. If we send the coins we understand we will have no way to reverse the transaction so every step is being taken.”

Makes sense to me. We are dealing with the government here and obviously if they can't even send an email right, its probably the best thing they can do.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:31:00 PM

Makes sense to me. We are dealing with the government here and obviously if they can't even send an email right, its probably the best thing they can do.

I was (am?) so hoping they are going to fuck up ...
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:32:24 PM

Thanks for the link, minimum price for the sales (from supposedly verifiable facts)  is $451... So not much real info yet...
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:32:52 PM

Lol.  Thankfully this is virtually impossible.  But if you were right, I suppose you have no idea the sorts of war and chaos you are predicting.

USD could be greatly diminished, but sensible folks should hope this is a gentle transition.  As to the US being gone.  Woof.  That's just reckless and blind.

In what way is the US following the same trajectory as the USSR?  Of course the US will be gone someday, 20 years seems a little short.  Just because it's clear we're heading toward a crisis doesn't mean the government will fall.  What would it be replaced with?  Technology might replace some government function in the next 20 years, but probably not all of it. For example I don't foresee technology providing healthcare for the poor.  The free market prefers to just hide the poor from sight, rather than help them.

With the current information and the current path we are on........ Financially speaking, China Russia and Iran and the BRIC nations/others could stop accepting the devaluded USD (as they are already making moves to do so) and the USD could be usurped by a basket of other currencies and lose its place as the reserve/petrodollar.  If the United states continues printing 85 Billion a month the USD will continue to further devalue, if it stops being used as the reserve then it will speed up its collapse. Whilst continuing to increase the debt levels on an exponential scale, without addressing the debt, as they are doing, where/how do you think this will end? There is only one inevitable conclusion, and that is a major crisis, at some point somethign has got to give. The USD "dying" and the USA disintegrating into the Un-united states of America is actually the least worrying scenario....in almost all of the other scenarios that this is somehow avoided, most look ugly to me.  Also during the next 20 years it is not just the US that will be falling, the east will be rising which will further compound the problems in the west. Perhaphs you are right in that the USA may still stand, and the USD will still be there, in 20 years time, maybe, but they will not be or mean the same thing, there is a shift coming, it is not just in terms of digital money that things are changing.  On a side note, regarding healthcare for the poor, that is another thing that will look vastly different in 20 years time- (both the healthcare, and the poor)  Technology is growing at an exponential rate, and also there is ever increasing synthesis joining different tech together, and one of the first places we will see this most evident will be healthcare, also as the tec gets faster, smaller, more intelligent, it is also becoming cheaper and reaching the market quicker and quicker, and this is only going to increase as the synthesis and merging of different fields continues. I think that the world is going to change more in the next 20 years than it has in the past 100, and the world has changed a fair bit in the past 100 years. This process, is actually one of the few positive scenarios that could save the collapse of the US and the dollar, but even then , I believe that it will actually mean that the dollar and perhaps country , will be a entire different beast altogether. Paradigm shifts are on their way, before the shifts happen it is difficult to say with accuracy how they will effect the world, which is why I started "With the current information and the current path we are on...." So maybe it is a race.... one thing is for sure.. the financial side, as things stand, either needs to collapse, have a war, or a paradigm shift in the very structure of finance/the economy  .... BTC anyone?

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:33:12 PM

First, to track down the lost keys LOL.  What do you mean?  I thought YOU were going to do the backup!  Too many hands, someone is going to drop the ball  Grin

I think John has the keys. Speaking about John, where is he anyway? I haven't seen him all week  Cool
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

I've worked for a government agency in the past (as a contractor), and most of the government people around me were "equal opportunity"... people who could barely read or write but hired to meet some quota. Computer skills typically extended no further than opening a web browser to open Yahoo's front page. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they lose the private key to the coins. Right now they're just trying to cover for it.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:49:28 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 08:03:27 PM by aminorex

It's just the timing that is hard to nail down.  

Is it really?  What is the longest lived fiat debt-based currency in history?  USD, since 1971.  Others more clever than I have made the argument that with a sample size of 1 the most likely future span of an event with duration is the historical duration.  From this we take the least-assumption prior estimate that the central tendency for future lifetime of the USD is 43 years.  Then we observe the likelihood of a terminal event for USD by examining the likelihood of terminal events for comparables, and adjust distribution accordingly.  The likelihood of terminal events for comparables are conditioned on several factors, such as debt/GDP ratio, approval ratings of the central government, employment and real inflation trends, &c.

My best effort result has the terminal point of USD between 2017 and 2025 with 95% probability.  The conclusion is sensitive to the choice of conditioning factors and comparables, however.

Pages: « 1 ... 7145 7146 7147 7148 7149 7150 7151 7152 7153 7154 7155 7156 7157 7158 7159 7160 7161 7162 7163 7164 7165 7166 7167 7168 7169 7170 7171 7172 7173 7174 7175 7176 7177 7178 7179 7180 7181 7182 7183 7184 7185 7186 7187 7188 7189 7190 7191 7192 7193 7194 [7195] 7196 7197 7198 7199 7200 7201 7202 7203 7204 7205 7206 7207 7208 7209 7210 7211 7212 7213 7214 7215 7216 7217 7218 7219 7220 7221 7222 7223 7224 7225 7226 7227 7228 7229 7230 7231 7232 7233 7234 7235 7236 7237 7238 7239 7240 7241 7242 7243 7244 7245 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: