May 03, 2024, 03:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 13757 13758 13759 13760 13761 13762 13763 13764 13765 13766 13767 13768 13769 13770 13771 13772 13773 13774 13775 13776 13777 13778 13779 13780 13781 13782 13783 13784 13785 13786 13787 13788 13789 13790 13791 13792 13793 13794 13795 13796 13797 13798 13799 13800 13801 13802 13803 13804 13805 13806 [13807] 13808 13809 13810 13811 13812 13813 13814 13815 13816 13817 13818 13819 13820 13821 13822 13823 13824 13825 13826 13827 13828 13829 13830 13831 13832 13833 13834 13835 13836 13837 13838 13839 13840 13841 13842 13843 13844 13845 13846 13847 13848 13849 13850 13851 13852 13853 13854 13855 13856 13857 ... 33317 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371197 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:43:28 PM

Don't count China out. 

I'm sure that there are plenty of bitcoin enthusiasts (or maybe some would call them speculators) who may be waiting for fairly clear signs of a trend reversal before they return to pumping (or buying) mode.

I WISH we could count China out. China is a giant wild card that makes fundamental analysis impossible within a reasonable degree of certainty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:46:07 PM

To anyone reading these this "study" was based on flawed assumptions and rather broken understanding of how Bitcoin's gossip network operates.

TL;DR the claims in this post don't match reality

You and hdbuck add nothing to this debate. Nothing you've said in this post can be backed up. You retract from it. You're polluting the debate.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:48:11 PM

Buy and hlod! Sell walls down, buy walls up, pump team ACTIVATED
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:51:07 PM

Does anybody know the fee that they have to pay in order to bid? 

Looks like you had to place a deposit rather than pay a fee. I guess otherwise they'd be swamped with reddit morons for the lulz.

You're right, I thought there was a fee, but didn't read that page. I thought they charged the losing bidders at least the value of the bank transfer fee to return their deposits, but that page doesn't mention it. The Feds must pay the bank transfer fees out of all the money they got for the Bitcoins.

AFAIK they pay the deposits back with ACH, which costs nothing or close.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:52:03 PM

Don't count China out. 

I'm sure that there are plenty of bitcoin enthusiasts (or maybe some would call them speculators) who may be waiting for fairly clear signs of a trend reversal before they return to pumping (or buying) mode.

I WISH we could count China out. China is a giant wild card that makes fundamental analysis impossible within a reasonable degree of certainty.
China is a mining mecca that is why they will hold all the bitcoins. They see it as free coins but they are wasting tons in buying the resources to get it, but they have a trick up their sleeves.
Dae so crafty!
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:52:18 PM

To anyone reading these this "study" was based on flawed assumptions and rather broken understanding of how Bitcoin's gossip network operates.

You and hdbuck add nothing to this debate. Nothing you've said in this post can be backed up. You retract from it. You're polluting the debate.

I can certainly point you to a whole thread filled with Adam's poor understanding of the networks' architecture... but you'll have to dig for it yourself if you really care
JorgeStolfi

Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:54:49 PM

Bitcoin Price Goes Parabolic, But Why?
http://bullbearanalytics.com/2015/11/06/bitcoin-price-goes-parabolic/
Lastly, Gavin and Mike are back at it once again using scare tactics and fear mongering as a last gasp for the survival of their ill-fated BitcoinXT project. Ignore this noise, they are acting like spoiled children that didn’t get their way. Too bad, kids, you have already lost.

Huh?  The guy sets out to list possible explanations for the price going up to $500.  The third one being "Mike and Gavin are back at it once again using scare tactics and fear mongering"? 

Was that paragraph a paid signature perhaps?

He also dismisses MMM as a significant cause of the rally because

thoughout the rally the market was still trading very technically. Institutions are the ones that know how to move price in a coordinated way across multiple exchanges. A Russian ponzi scammer, no matter how good he is at his craft, can’t.

He didn't quite get it... It is not Sergei who buys the bitcoins, but the victims -- wherever they are, in any whatever market they can get.  And there have been reports that the ponzi (and some copycats) was quite popular in China, so it is not strange that the Chinese exchanges were leading.

Not to mention that Sergei's previous ponzis moved more money than all that has been invested in bitcoin over the last six years.  And that there is no evidence that "institutions" have ever tried to "move [bitcoin's] price in a coordinated way across multiple exchanges".
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:57:24 PM

I can certainly point you to a whole thread filled with Adam's poor understanding of the networks' architecture... but you'll have to dig for it yourself if you really care

by all means do dip it up.

i recall being mostly right, except for the gossip network, but that too clearly needs improvements infact the very day i was talking about it, gavin was writing up a paper about the efficiency ( or lack thereof ) in bitcoin's current gossip network implementation.

bitcoin is not a holly ledger, and yes there is much improvements to be made at its core.
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:58:03 PM

...  And that there is no evidence that "institutions" have ever tried to "move [bitcoin's] price in a coordinated way across multiple exchanges".

Jorge, the conspiracy theories must live on!
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:58:16 PM

Lastly, Gavin and Mike are back at it once again using scare tactics and fear mongering as a last gasp for the survival of their ill-fated BitcoinXT project. Ignore this noise, they are acting like spoiled children that didn’t get their way. Too bad, kids, you have already lost.

Huh?  The guy sets out to list possible explanations for the price going up to $500.  The third one being "Mike and Gavin are back at it once again using scare tactics and fear mongering"?  

thoughout the rally the market was still trading very technically. Institutions are the ones that know how to move price in a coordinated way across multiple exchanges. A Russian ponzi scammer, no matter how good he is at his craft, can’t.

He didn't quite get it... It is not Sergei who buys the bitcoins, but the victims -- wherever they are, in any whatever market they can get.  And there have been reports that the ponzi (and some copycats) was quite popular in China, so it is not strange that the Chinese exchanges were leading.

Not to mention that Sergei's previous ponzis moved more money than all that has been invested in bitcoin over the last six years.  And that there is no evidence that "institutions" have ever tried to "move [bitcoin's] price in a coordinated way across multiple exchanges".

mmm victims are russian peasants (no offense people), not even capable of running microsoft word afaik.

so going through all the pain of registering on an exchange, kyc and shit, you gotta be kidding me..

as i already say, my 2 cents on the parabolic pump would be the fbi auction.
simple, and yes, these people have the means to manipulate whatthefuckever they want.

edit: just look at the chart, the pump is very well calibrated, almost perfection. only 'professionals' are the ones capable of such things.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:58:18 PM

Don't count China out. 

Yes, but that is the nature of the real world.  We cannot really count them out.  They are a big player.. and the contribute quite a bit to the bitcoin space. 

Furthermore, there are a lot of other unknowns in the world regarding people (and governments) in many places that can affect bitcoin in one direction or another (or both).
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:58:37 PM

bitcoin is not a holly ledger, and yes there is much improvements to be made at its core.

Christmas is coming up though...
brg444

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:01:17 PM

He didn't quite get it... It is not Sergei who buys the bitcoins, but the victims -- wherever they are, in any whatever market they can get.  And there have been reports that the ponzi (and some copycats) was quite popular in China, so it is not strange that the Chinese exchanges were leading.

Not to mention that Sergei's previous ponzis moved more money than all that has been invested in bitcoin over the last six years.  And that there is no evidence that "institutions" have ever tried to "move [bitcoin's] price in a coordinated way across multiple exchanges".

It seems you're the one who didn't quite get it.

While the allusion that Mavrodi was orchestrating the buys is indeed mistaken the reality is even more supportive of his point.

To pretend that the the technical movements, coordination of buying and selling action in clear trends & patterns stemmed from individual suckers buying bitcoins to support a ponzi is asinine.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:01:37 PM

Coin

Explanation
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:02:21 PM

bitcoin is holy! bitcoin is going to save us! Angry

and please stop pretending you have any technical competence to juge about what has been or is to be done on core level.

reddit does not give you a CS degree, altho even this would not be enough anyway.
brg444

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:03:16 PM

by all means do dip it up.

i recall being mostly right, except for the gossip network, but that too clearly needs improvements infact the very day i was talking about it, gavin was writing up a paper about the efficiency ( or lack thereof ) in bitcoin's current gossip network implementation.

You were spewing complete non sense about block compression and the mere suggestion that the network can support 250x more load using a couple of coding improvements is straight out of retardlandia.

fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:03:20 PM

Huh?  The guy sets out to list possible explanations for the price going up to $500.  The third one being "Mike and Gavin are back at it once again using scare tactics and fear mongering"? 

It would have been better if the article was more like this, saves everybody some time...

No idea, please click advertisements.
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:03:53 PM

You're right, I thought there was a fee, but didn't read that page. I thought they charged the losing bidders at least the value of the bank transfer fee to return their deposits, but that page doesn't mention it. The Feds must pay the bank transfer fees out of all the money they got for the Bitcoins.

That is my understanding too. The bidders pay the fees for the deposits, the USMS pays the fees for the returns.

The winning bidder is responsible for any wire transfer fees associated with his or her payment.

Any [bitcoin] transfer fees associated with the transfer of the bitcoins will be paid by the buyer. The buyer will be given an opportunity to select the amount of fees charged in the transfer.

8. How will my deposit be returned if I am not a winning bidder?

The USMS will send funds by Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfer. Please ensure that the financial institution from which your deposit was sent will accept an incoming ACH transfer before you register for the auction. In exceptional circumstances, judged on a case by case basis, the USMS will agree to send funds by wire transfer. Please know and understand the difference between these two types of funds transfers.

Your refund will be processed following the close of the auction. We will endeavor to initiate all refunds within five (5) business days following transfer of bitcoins to the winning bidder(s). Fund transfers are not immediate, as they are routed through the Department of Treasury (see paragraph below). If you provide incorrect information, it may take a week or longer to confirm that a transaction has been rejected before making another attempt. If you are sending funds from a foreign country using an intermediary U.S. bank, please be aware that receipt of refunds may take longer to process and confirm. Due to the foregoing factors, we cannot guarantee a date for you to receive your refund.

The Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996, 31 United States Code § 3716, requires the Department of the Treasury and other disbursing officials to offset Federal payments to collect delinquent debts owed to the United States, or delinquent debts owed to states, including past-due child support enforced by states. If an offset is made during an ACH transfer, the claimant will receive a notification from the Department of the Treasury at the address provided by the claimant. If you believe that your payment may be subject to an offset, you may contact the Treasury Department at the following number: 1-800-304-3107.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:03:59 PM

bitcoin is holy! bitcoin is going to save us! Angry

and please stop pretending you have any technical competence to juge about what has been or is to be done on core level.

reddit does not give you a CS degree, altho even this would not be enough anyway.
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:08:30 PM

Does anyone have a link to who were the bidders?  The quantity of bidders and any description of who they represent?

That information has never been released, and the USMS says it won't be. 

After the first auction, someone submitted a FOIA request to the USMS for them to release that information (FOIA = US Freedom of Information Act).  The last news I read, a couple of months later, were that the request was still unanswered (thus stretching if not violating the FOIA).
Pages: « 1 ... 13757 13758 13759 13760 13761 13762 13763 13764 13765 13766 13767 13768 13769 13770 13771 13772 13773 13774 13775 13776 13777 13778 13779 13780 13781 13782 13783 13784 13785 13786 13787 13788 13789 13790 13791 13792 13793 13794 13795 13796 13797 13798 13799 13800 13801 13802 13803 13804 13805 13806 [13807] 13808 13809 13810 13811 13812 13813 13814 13815 13816 13817 13818 13819 13820 13821 13822 13823 13824 13825 13826 13827 13828 13829 13830 13831 13832 13833 13834 13835 13836 13837 13838 13839 13840 13841 13842 13843 13844 13845 13846 13847 13848 13849 13850 13851 13852 13853 13854 13855 13856 13857 ... 33317 »
  Print  

Jump to: